Jump to topic:

Guy Help.....

Rosalie
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/11/2015 6:19:32 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
Why is it every semester at college, I have either a stalking issue, or guys who immediately fall in love with me, and want to have my children? -.-

This guy and I met my first semester of college. So, we have known each other for 1 year now. About 5 months ago, he expressed his feelings for me (he has a girlfriend) we stopped talking, then began texting. *Now* this semester, he's been waiting outside my class waiting for me to come out so he can come walk me to my car. He also kept texting me, which I didn't like, and I told him it was inappropriate because he has a girlfriend, and he got mad at me. He also has asked me to kiss him many times. I told him no because he has a girlfriend, and I have no intentions of ever wanting to be with him. He made the reference that kissing another girls isn't cheating, its like "test driving another car" which pissed me the hell off.

So today, as soon as class ended, I had to go out another door to try and hide from him, and it's making me very uneasy and uncomfortable...

I want a guys opinion on this...

*Note: He knows I don't like him, nor do I want to be with him..
" We need more videos of cat's playing the piano on the internet" - My art professor.

"Criticism is easier to take when you realize that the only people who aren't criticized are those who don't take risks." - Donald Trump
SM2
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/11/2015 9:47:37 AM
At 11/11/2015 6:19:32 AM, Rosalie wrote:
Why is it every semester at college, I have either a stalking issue, or guys who immediately fall in love with me, and want to have my children? -.-

This guy and I met my first semester of college. So, we have known each other for 1 year now. About 5 months ago, he expressed his feelings for me (he has a girlfriend) we stopped talking, then began texting. *Now* this semester, he's been waiting outside my class waiting for me to come out so he can come walk me to my car. He also kept texting me, which I didn't like, and I told him it was inappropriate because he has a girlfriend, and he got mad at me. He also has asked me to kiss him many times. I told him no because he has a girlfriend, and I have no intentions of ever wanting to be with him. He made the reference that kissing another girls isn't cheating, its like "test driving another car" which pissed me the hell off.

So today, as soon as class ended, I had to go out another door to try and hide from him, and it's making me very uneasy and uncomfortable...

Never, ever text a guy that you've rejected. It sends a mixed message.

Him waiting outside your class to talk to you is fairly innocent, but everything else indicates that he's a creep. If his behaviour is criminal, go to the police. If he's just annoying you, complain to his girlfriend - tell her to put him on a leash or something. At the very least, it'll give him something else to do with his time (since she'll probably give him hell, and rightly so).

Long-term, you need a male protector. A guy friend or older brother will do. The protector's job is to say to the creep, "Are you messing with my girl? Fuck_off, dude." Men are territorial, so that'll discourage 90% of stalkers. If the creep doesn't get the message, that's when your guy friend beats him up (bringing his mates to help is optional). It's brutal, and not very PC, but that's life.
zmikecuber
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/11/2015 12:28:16 PM

Sounds like a douche bag. Completely ignore him.
"Delete your fvcking sig" -1hard

"primal man had the habit, when he came into contact with fire, of satisfying the infantile desire connected with it, by putting it out with a stream of his urine... Putting out the fire by micturating was therefore a kind of sexual act with a male, an enjoyment of sexual potency in a homosexual competition."
zmikecuber
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/11/2015 12:29:40 PM

Lol, test driving another car... and then he's gonna want to take it home for a test drive, and then he'll find he doesn't like it and he'll take it right back to where he got it from and leave it there.

Seriously though, the guy sounds really weird. I would cut off all communication with him.
"Delete your fvcking sig" -1hard

"primal man had the habit, when he came into contact with fire, of satisfying the infantile desire connected with it, by putting it out with a stream of his urine... Putting out the fire by micturating was therefore a kind of sexual act with a male, an enjoyment of sexual potency in a homosexual competition."
XLAV
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/11/2015 12:47:30 PM
offer to suck his d!ck

then when you see his d1ck tangling around in front of you, bite the living sh*t out of i till he needs a straw to pee.
Emilrose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/11/2015 1:15:04 PM
At 11/11/2015 12:47:30 PM, XLAV wrote:
offer to suck his d!ck

then whAwen you see his d1ck tangling around in front of you, bite the living sh*t out of i till he needs a straw to pee.

Aw, now that's just a waste of nice d1ck.
Commentator on a picture with David Cameron and a Cat: 'Amazing what you can achieve with photoshop these days. I'm sure that used to be a pig.'

Commentator on Hillary Clinton: 'If Clinton is now what passes for progressive, maybe this country deserves Trump.'

Commentator on British parliament: 'All that talent in one place, where is Ebola when you need it?'

John Kerry on words: 'These aren't just words, folks.'
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/11/2015 2:09:42 PM

This is pretty simple. If he isn't leaving you alone, go to the school administration to tell them, and see if they can help.

In the mean time, start recording in a notebook, instances of him doing this stuff. If the administration can't help, contact the police. If you have to, you need to lie and say he threatened to kill you. That way you can get a restraining order, and the restraining order will help the police to have probable cause for an arrest, if he keeps coming around.
cybertron1998
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/11/2015 3:53:35 PM
At 11/11/2015 3:27:38 PM, Insignifica wrote:
The drama-free solution:
Tell his girlfriend

I hope your joking because that's the drama max solution
Epsilon: There are so many stories where some brave hero decides to give their life to save the day, and because of their sacrifice, the good guys win, the survivors all cheer, and everybody lives happily ever after. But the hero... never gets to see that ending. They'll never know if their sacrifice actually made a difference. They'll never know if the day was really saved. In the end, they just have to have faith.
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/11/2015 3:54:41 PM

Well that is cheating. Though I can't say that I've been in your position. I've never had people lining up to want to date me. In this case I would get the feeling that he's a "Creeper" and just tell him how you feel. If he doesn't get that then you can always play hardball with him.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
Rosalie
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/11/2015 5:24:51 PM
At 11/11/2015 2:09:42 PM, Wylted wrote:

This is pretty simple. If he isn't leaving you alone, go to the school administration to tell them, and see if they can help.

In the mean time, start recording in a notebook, instances of him doing this stuff. If the administration can't help, contact the police. If you have to, you need to lie and say he threatened to kill you. That way you can get a restraining order, and the restraining order will help the police to have probable cause for an arrest, if he keeps coming around.

Really, they don't care...the school doesn't.

I'll just have to be straight-forward with him and tell him to leave me alone.
" We need more videos of cat's playing the piano on the internet" - My art professor.

"Criticism is easier to take when you realize that the only people who aren't criticized are those who don't take risks." - Donald Trump
SamStevens
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/11/2015 6:09:43 PM

Technically, he is not wrong in saying that kissing is like testing car:

https://www.youtube.com...

Record the incident via cell phone(audio) and bring the evidence of the event to authority figures within your school campus.

If it gets to serious, invest in pepper spray as a precaution.
"This is the true horror of religion. It allows perfectly decent and sane people to believe by the billions, what only lunatics could believe on their own." Sam Harris
Life asked Death "Why do people love me but hate you?"
Death responded: "Because you are a beautiful lie, and I am the painful truth."
Rosalie
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/11/2015 6:17:44 PM
At 11/11/2015 6:09:43 PM, SamStevens wrote:

Record the incident via cell phone(audio) and bring the evidence of the event to authority figures within your school campus.

I already have pepper spray.

SamStevens
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/11/2015 6:28:57 PM
At 11/11/2015 6:17:44 PM, Rosalie wrote:

Did you inform your teachers/other staff in authority at the college?
"This is the true horror of religion. It allows perfectly decent and sane people to believe by the billions, what only lunatics could believe on their own." Sam Harris
Jonbonbon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/11/2015 6:29:17 PM

Hey it's TheOncomingStorm. Hope Max doesn't mind me using Jonelle's account for this.

There's a grotesque amount of guys who are just desperate and act on their impulses only, not realizing that they can get what they want by being patient and considerate of other people.

This guy and I met my first semester of college. So, we have known each other for 1 year now. About 5 months ago, he expressed his feelings for me (he has a girlfriend) we stopped talking, then began texting. *Now* this semester, he's been waiting outside my class waiting for me to come out so he can come walk me to my car.

Well, my parents didn't warn me about this particular situation, but the plan is applicable.

You can walk out of class holding hands with someone if you have a friend in that class that you're that comfortable with. However, I've found that most people are willing to help anyone who's in trouble, especially if it has to do with a creepy guy.

Or just walk out with a friend in general and have them get between you and creepy guy.

I'd suggest having another guy or a girl who knows how to fight though because if he gets mad (which it sounds like he will), you need an intimidation factor.

The lesson here is that there's strength in numbers, and you will make this guy extremely uncomfortable by adding another person to the group. He doesn't want anyone to be added to the situation. He wants to keep you secluded with him.

He also kept texting me, which I didn't like, and I told him it was inappropriate because he has a girlfriend, and he got mad at me.

Next time reply, "Sorry but the number you are texting has been disconnected."

Or block his number, even if that will just anger him.

He also has asked me to kiss him many times. I told him no because he has a girlfriend, and I have no intentions of ever wanting to be with him. He made the reference that kissing another girls isn't cheating, its like "test driving another car" which pissed me the hell off.

You would be completely justified in slapping him across the face (and I would say that's totally appropriate, just make sure you're in public so that he won't be able to retaliate).

Have you tried telling his girlfriend? It doesn't sound like this guy deserves to talk to girls yet.

One solution is making a public scene about it every time it happens. Like go complete Nicolas Cage on him. You don't seem like you'd be comfortable with that, but it would work. But having friends and coming to the situation more passive aggressively works as well.

So yeah, he's definitely just being hormonal in the guy way. Anything you can do to disrupt those feelings he has will eventually cause him to lose interest.

Think about it like treating him as if he's a dog on Dog Whisperer :P

Maybe that helps? I don't know, some people think I'm helpful. I'm sure Jonelle will let me know if you need me to answer anything else.
The Troll Queen.

I'm also the Troll Goddess of Reason. Sacrifices are appreciated but not necessary.

"I'm a vivacious sex fiend," SolonKR.

Go vote on one of my debates. I'm not that smart, so it'll probably be an easy decision.

Fite me m9

http://www.debate.org...
Rosalie
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/11/2015 6:55:21 PM
At 11/11/2015 6:28:57 PM, SamStevens wrote:
At 11/11/2015 6:17:44 PM, Rosalie wrote:

Did you inform your teachers/other staff in authority at the college?

No...it isn't a big problem yet. Like he hasn't done anything inappropriate yet.

beng100
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/11/2015 7:11:25 PM

If I were u i would say to him that if he keeps stalking you then you will report him to the police. Tell him u no longer want to have anything to do with him. Never respond to any text messages from him. If he ignores this and continues to bother u report him to the police.
Vox_Veritas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/11/2015 7:21:41 PM
...So basically you're being hit on by a bunch of gay dudes?
Call me Vox, the Resident Contrarian of debate.org.

The DDO Blog:
https://debatedotorg.wordpress.com...

#drinkthecoffeenotthekoolaid
Juan_Pablo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/11/2015 7:38:44 PM

Rosalie, my advice is that you put your foot down and tell him he's got a girlfriend and what he's doing is wrong to her. Being shy about this will only promote the perception in his head that you approve of his feelings toward you. Tell him "no" and threaten to hell his friends and/or his girlfriend.
Rosalie
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/11/2015 7:40:04 PM
At 11/11/2015 7:38:44 PM, Juan_Pablo wrote:

Rosalie, my advice is that you put your foot down and tell him he's got a girlfriend and what he's doing is wrong to her. Being shy about this will only promote the perception in his head that you approve of his feelings toward you. Tell him "no" and threaten to hell his friends and/or his girlfriend.

I told him I don't like him, and THAT its inappropriate to text and hangout with me as much as he wants to..he doesn't care. Hell, he hangs out with his ex girlfriends.

Juan_Pablo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/11/2015 7:45:13 PM
Hmmm . . . the guy seems like a gigolo.

If you want this to stop, you should tell the guy (even if it's not true) that you're a religious girl and that he can spend time with you only on Sundays and only inside Church.

If you don't want to do that, stop texting him altogether to get the message across that you don't approve of what he's doing.
SamStevens
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/11/2015 8:06:31 PM

Probably easier than it sounds, but why don't you just ignore him like he is not there? If he waits outside your class, just walk by like he is not there(no eye contact, no body language to signal that you acknowledge his presence). If he blocks your path to get your attention, turn around and find a different route with out speaking or looking at him.
SolonKR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/11/2015 10:19:08 PM
Do you have experience that suggests that the school doesn't care? If that's the case, that's messed up. The whole "don't lead him on" train of thought makes the best of a screwed up situation, but, as you've already clearly articulated that you don't want to be with him, that's probably not going to solve the problem. Surely there's someone you can contact. You don't have to wait until he tries to pull something worse before you go to school authorities; as long as you can articulate why he is making you uncomfortable, and, optimally, show that you've asked him to stop what he's doing, that should be enough. I'm fairly certain that sexual harassment can legally be verbal, so the school is obligated to respond.
SO to Bailey, the love of my life <3
tvellalott
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/12/2015 1:05:38 AM

You are American right? Watch out you don't get shot.
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...
Rosalie
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/12/2015 1:08:06 AM
At 11/12/2015 1:05:38 AM, tvellalott wrote:

*sigh* lol....

Foreigner :p

piefav
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/12/2015 1:41:01 AM
Men are d!cks. That's why I sexually identify as an attack helicopter.
My autobiography -
"Homosexuality is not a belief. If something exists, there's no need for belief. It's like saying you believe in calculators."
cybertron1998
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/12/2015 2:05:38 AM
At 11/12/2015 1:05:38 AM, tvellalott wrote:

the way human nature goes you could get shot by a psychopathic lover ANYWHERE
Epsilon: There are so many stories where some brave hero decides to give their life to save the day, and because of their sacrifice, the good guys win, the survivors all cheer, and everybody lives happily ever after. But the hero... never gets to see that ending. They'll never know if their sacrifice actually made a difference. They'll never know if the day was really saved. In the end, they just have to have faith.