Jump to topic:

My real encounters with ghosts and demons

Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/12/2015 5:10:07 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
There was one event in particular that had helped me cling to the belief in an afterlife for so long. When I was about 12 years old, maybe younger. My family had moved into a two story yellow house in Wilmington, North Carolina. It's one of the few times in my childhood, where we didn't live in section 8 housing, a trailer or some run down motel that charged weekly to be in a one room motel room that was infected by roaches, and the scum of the Earth as neighbors. About ten members of my family had to move in so we could afford this place, but it was nice that we could live in a respectable place.

We had lived in the house for only a few weeks and my father got to know the neighbor who ran a used appliance business. This is where my dad learned a skilled trade as an appliance repair man. Everything was going great.

A few days or maybe weeks after moving in, I started to develop a sickness. I was always nausious, had a constant headache, and felt weak and disoriented. I had been sleeping upstairs in a makeshift bedroom that was always in the kitchen. I'd remember in the winter, my parents would open the oven door and cut it on, to keep my area warm.

Well, it wasn't too long after this, that I started to see a figure appear next to me when I was trying to sleep. The figure would talk to me in a deep, scary voice. I would always try to hide from it and was scared out of my mind to go to bed. A few times I'd see a ghost walking around or running. I wasn't the only one either. My sister swore that a ghost pushed her down the stairs. My uncles would have ouiji board sessions that would end up extremely scary. I always felt like I was being watched.

This place was obviously some sort of portal to some sort of other dimension. However, I just found out today that this magical moment in my life, may not have been that magical. I found out that carbon monoxide poisoning can cause auditory and visual hallucinations, and caused the same symptoms of illness that I had. I also found another case of this exact thing happening to another family. http://www.ghostvillage.com...

I'm close to 100% sure I was experiencing carbon monoxide poisoning, and though I never told the doctors about my hallucinations, because I believed them to be real, I mentioned the other symptoms. I wonder how many times I've visited the hospital and mentioned symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning and the doctors just didn't pick up on it. Whatever. Just thought I'd share.
Insignifica
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/12/2015 6:13:11 AM
At 11/12/2015 5:10:07 AM, Wylted wrote:
There was one event in particular that had helped me cling to the belief in an afterlife for so long. When I was about 12 years old, maybe younger. My family had moved into a two story yellow house in Wilmington, North Carolina. It's one of the few times in my childhood, where we didn't live in section 8 housing, a trailer or some run down motel that charged weekly to be in a one room motel room that was infected by roaches, and the scum of the Earth as neighbors. About ten members of my family had to move in so we could afford this place, but it was nice that we could live in a respectable place.

We had lived in the house for only a few weeks and my father got to know the neighbor who ran a used appliance business. This is where my dad learned a skilled trade as an appliance repair man. Everything was going great.

A few days or maybe weeks after moving in, I started to develop a sickness. I was always nausious, had a constant headache, and felt weak and disoriented. I had been sleeping upstairs in a makeshift bedroom that was always in the kitchen. I'd remember in the winter, my parents would open the oven door and cut it on, to keep my area warm.

Well, it wasn't too long after this, that I started to see a figure appear next to me when I was trying to sleep. The figure would talk to me in a deep, scary voice. I would always try to hide from it and was scared out of my mind to go to bed. A few times I'd see a ghost walking around or running. I wasn't the only one either. My sister swore that a ghost pushed her down the stairs. My uncles would have ouiji board sessions that would end up extremely scary. I always felt like I was being watched.

This place was obviously some sort of portal to some sort of other dimension. However, I just found out today that this magical moment in my life, may not have been that magical. I found out that carbon monoxide poisoning can cause auditory and visual hallucinations, and caused the same symptoms of illness that I had. I also found another case of this exact thing happening to another family. http://www.ghostvillage.com...

I'm close to 100% sure I was experiencing carbon monoxide poisoning, and though I never told the doctors about my hallucinations, because I believed them to be real, I mentioned the other symptoms. I wonder how many times I've visited the hospital and mentioned symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning and the doctors just didn't pick up on it. Whatever. Just thought I'd share.

Well, that's not a very "real" encounter with ghosts and demons then...
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/12/2015 12:48:41 PM
Well, that's not a very "real" encounter with ghosts and demons then...

Are you saying that carbon monoxide poisoning is not a gateway to another dimension.