Jump to topic:

Can you help me with my math test?

Napoleon2099
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/12/2015 8:57:15 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
I have a math test tomorrow about Pre-Algebra and I'm so delayed. Cause my school is different from normal. Our teachers are more like tutors and they just sit in their desk while the students read and answer their own books at their own pace so if your smart you can be ahead without hindrance and if your umm lazy your behind. But my school has weekly tests showing which chapters you should be in, its like telling you, hey you can be slow or fast but don't be any slower than a chapter a week. But there's where my problem is, tomorrow's exam is a quarterly exam and I'm supposed to be *done* with lesson 9 in my Pre-Algebra test but I'm not I'm starting lesson 7. So I need a crash course on Pre-Algebra. (Half of everything I should know since my book only has 18 chapters.)
Ajabi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/12/2015 12:43:29 PM
At 11/12/2015 8:57:15 AM, Napoleon2099 wrote:
I have a math test tomorrow about Pre-Algebra and I'm so delayed. Cause my school is different from normal. Our teachers are more like tutors and they just sit in their desk while the students read and answer their own books at their own pace so if your smart you can be ahead without hindrance and if your umm lazy your behind. But my school has weekly tests showing which chapters you should be in, its like telling you, hey you can be slow or fast but don't be any slower than a chapter a week. But there's where my problem is, tomorrow's exam is a quarterly exam and I'm supposed to be *done* with lesson 9 in my Pre-Algebra test but I'm not I'm starting lesson 7. So I need a crash course on Pre-Algebra. (Half of everything I should know since my book only has 18 chapters.)

If you could join g+ then I could give you an over view of the concepts of Pre-Algebra.
Ajabi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/12/2015 12:45:51 PM

Alternatively, this is a very useful site.
https://www.khanacademy.org...
Napoleon2099
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/12/2015 1:09:52 PM
At 11/12/2015 12:45:51 PM, Ajabi wrote:

I can't G+ but thanks I'll see this. Hope I can at least get a C+ on my test.
Ajabi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/12/2015 2:03:17 PM
At 11/12/2015 1:09:52 PM, Napoleon2099 wrote:

Well I don't think anyone can ( I certainly can't) help you with maths without voice and video. Its not Literature or Philosophy where one can write out arguments and explain them.

Maths is understood through intuition. Written explanations almost never help anyone, unless you've developed the ability to think mathematically (which at your level I don't expect unless you're Terry Tao).

The link is pretty good. Khan Academy explains concepts really well, and they give you interactive quizzes. I believe it would suffice.
Napoleon2099
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/12/2015 2:18:49 PM
At 11/12/2015 2:03:17 PM, Ajabi wrote:

Well I don't think anyone can ( I certainly can't) help you with maths without voice and video. Its not Literature or Philosophy where one can write out arguments and explain them.

I'm more of a visual and physically kind of person rather than an audible person when it comes to learning. Also, philosophy is kind of hard to understand just by reading but luckily I'm good at it.

Maths is understood through intuition. Written explanations almost never help anyone, unless you've developed the ability to think mathematically (which at your level I don't expect unless you're Terry Tao).

I also have prerecorded tutorial videos to help so that should suffice for the visual need.

The link is pretty good. Khan Academy explains concepts really well, and they give you interactive quizzes. I believe it would suffice.

Does it work on tablets?

Thanks for the link again.
Ajabi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/12/2015 5:16:23 PM
At 11/12/2015 2:18:49 PM, Napoleon2099 wrote:
At 11/12/2015 2:03:17 PM, Ajabi wrote:

I'm more of a visual and physically kind of person rather than an audible person when it comes to learning. Also, philosophy is kind of hard to understand just by reading but luckily I'm good at it.

Suffice to say mathematics is neither visual nor physical. Its a theoretical discipline.

I also have prerecorded tutorial videos to help so that should suffice for the visual need.

Does it work on tablets?

Thanks for the link again.

It does. Its a very very good software. If you're stuck on any question, send me a message. :)