Jump to topic:

I hate Microsoft everything

YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/29/2015 5:13:16 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
I literally do not understand why the business world runs on it, why on earth any person would ever buy any piece of garbage microsoft-using computer, or why any person would voluntarily use Microsoft software. The interface is garbage, the functionality is pathetic, the unnecessary chaos associated with its use is maddening. And yet, I have no choice but to use it because it's what everyone else in the world (except for those few rebels who use Apple software and/or Linux) uses.

Horrible. It's atrocious. I would never buy a PC... I hate them, I hate they way they operate, how their systems work (read: horribly unsecured) and the like. Dreadful. Everything is garbage. Complete garbage.

Microsoft Excel is the sole useful piece of software the company has ever developed, and even that is not even as good as what Google gives away for free.
TheProphett
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/29/2015 5:52:52 PM
At 11/29/2015 5:13:16 PM, YYW wrote:
I literally do not understand why the business world runs on it, why on earth any person would ever buy any piece of garbage microsoft-using computer, or why any person would voluntarily use Microsoft software. The interface is garbage, the functionality is pathetic, the unnecessary chaos associated with its use is maddening. And yet, I have no choice but to use it because it's what everyone else in the world (except for those few rebels who use Apple software and/or Linux) uses.

Horrible. It's atrocious. I would never buy a PC... I hate them, I hate they way they operate, how their systems work (read: horribly unsecured) and the like. Dreadful. Everything is garbage. Complete garbage.

Microsoft Excel is the sole useful piece of software the company has ever developed, and even that is not even as good as what Google gives away for free.

Try dealing with their customer service lol... compare it to Dante's journey through hell. Apple products are superior in every way to all PC's, and I wish that more people in the world had them so that they could become the norm. Its just a matter of pretty all government computers and corporate computers running on various versions of windows.
Topics I would like to debate: https://docs.google.com...

Epic Quotes:

She's a cunning linguist, but I'm a master debater - Austin Powers

Economic Forum Revival Co-Leader

If you are interested in starting a political journal for the site, please contact me.
1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/29/2015 6:17:58 PM
Why does everyone buy PCs?

http://assets.diylol.com...
"It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here,
And I'm much obliged to you for making it clear - that I'm not here."

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
Vox_Veritas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/30/2015 1:38:13 AM

How much is Apple paying you?
Call me Vox, the Resident Contrarian of debate.org.

The DDO Blog:
https://debatedotorg.wordpress.com...

#drinkthecoffeenotthekoolaid
tajshar2k
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/1/2015 1:16:15 AM
At 11/29/2015 5:52:52 PM, TheProphett wrote:

Try dealing with their customer service lol... compare it to Dante's journey through hell. Apple products are superior in every way to all PC's, and I wish that more people in the world had them so that they could become the norm. Its just a matter of pretty all government computers and corporate computers running on various versions of windows.
I'm willing to debate this.
"In Guns We Trust" Tajshar2k
Midnight1131
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/1/2015 1:43:03 AM
At 11/29/2015 5:52:52 PM, TheProphett wrote:

You're comparing the products of a hardware company with a software company...
#GaryJohnson2016
#TaxationisTheft
#TheftisTaxation
Diqiucun_Cunmin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/1/2015 2:43:01 AM

What specific aspects of MS software do you hate? I've been using Windows all my life and currently see no reason to switch (I'd be open to Linux, but not Apple).

My experiences are different from yours - most people in my university use Apple because it's fashionable there - but I think it's pointless to learn a new interface and, in many cases, stop using your old software just to switch to a new OS.

My experience with MS products has mostly been positive (and it's not just because of the student advantage programme, which got me Office for free). I admit that I despise Access also and will never use it again. I've also used Word less and less, after having switched to LaTeX for the most part. But I still love Excel, and I wonder why you think Google spreadsheets are better (all spreadsheets seem to be roughly the same to me - I typed in a few functions, e.g. HLOOKUP and SUMIF, in Google and they seem accept the same parameters and do the same things as Excel). I also wonder what your opinion on PowerPoint and Publisher are (from a non-designer's point of view, my opinion is pretty positive, though Google's presentation software is more useful when we have to do projects in a group).
The thing is, I hate relativism. I hate relativism more than I hate everything else, excepting, maybe, fibreglass powerboats... What it overlooks, to put it briefly and crudely, is the fixed structure of human nature. - Jerry Fodor

Don't be a stat cynic:
http://www.debate.org...

Response to conservative views on deforestation:

Topics I'd like to debate (not debating ATM): http://tinyurl.com...
Geogeer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/1/2015 9:29:29 PM

Excel is a great piece of software - which has suffered typical Microsoft bloat. Excel 4 was a really lean mean program. It remains usable afterwards, but sadly bloated - 'cause if one way to do something is good 10 ways to do the same thing is even better!

Word makes me want to scratch my eyes out. It is so intent on helping me do stuff that I spend more time unformatting stuff than I do typing it out.

At work here I'm also the system admin (joys of a small family business) and the windows machines are pretty rock solid. I have them configured on the local network only and they run one program - AutoCAD. After I get them stable at initial setup they do not get altered any more. Mac server and Macs only on the internet. We've never had a virus and it is pretty stable.
PetersSmith
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/1/2015 9:40:01 PM

http://img3.meristation.com...
Empress of DDO (also Poll and Forum "Maintenance" Moderator)

"The two most important days in your life is the day you were born, and the day you find out why."
~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet just because there's a picture with a quote next to it."
~Abraham Lincoln

Guide to the Polls Section: http://www.debate.org...
zmikecuber
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/2/2015 3:42:49 AM
At 12/1/2015 9:29:29 PM, Geogeer wrote:

Excel is a great piece of software - which has suffered typical Microsoft bloat. Excel 4 was a really lean mean program. It remains usable afterwards, but sadly bloated - 'cause if one way to do something is good 10 ways to do the same thing is even better!

Word makes me want to scratch my eyes out. It is so intent on helping me do stuff that I spend more time unformatting stuff than I do typing it out.

At work here I'm also the system admin (joys of a small family business) and the windows machines are pretty rock solid. I have them configured on the local network only and they run one program - AutoCAD. After I get them stable at initial setup they do not get altered any more. Mac server and Macs only on the internet. We've never had a virus and it is pretty stable.

Why AutoCad and not solidworks?
"Delete your fvcking sig" -1hard

"primal man had the habit, when he came into contact with fire, of satisfying the infantile desire connected with it, by putting it out with a stream of his urine... Putting out the fire by micturating was therefore a kind of sexual act with a male, an enjoyment of sexual potency in a homosexual competition."
Geogeer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/2/2015 4:41:05 AM
At 12/2/2015 3:42:49 AM, zmikecuber wrote:
At 12/1/2015 9:29:29 PM, Geogeer wrote:

Why AutoCad and not solidworks?

1. Most draughtsmen come trained in AutoCAD from the technical schools.

2. Solid works is more oriented to the mechanical side of things whereas AutoCAD is better suited to the construction industry.
Hayd
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/2/2015 2:04:42 PM

Well...Microsoft hates you too!
ironslippers
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/4/2015 9:49:25 PM
Posted: 12 months ago
as an OS windows hasn't had any ground breaking development since XP. Its their business acumen that make them the power house they are. For a portion of the amount of money MS spends on lawyers (that protect their propriety) a new framework and aps could be developed to compete. I hoped this would be something Google might take on (with their smart phone OS)... and didn't.

I use windows mainly because unlike Apple I still have control of my hardware config and the learning curve to learn Linux is something I don't have time for.
Apple is still #1 for artists
Linux is still the most popular choice for servers

I prefer to work at a desk top PC to stay focused on the task at hand and to prevent my digital life from following me everywhere I go.

This type of technology is the only product I know that is sold incomplete. After all you can always get the updates as they're developed.
Everyone stands on their own dung hill and speaks out about someone else's - Nathan Krusemark
Its easier to criticize and hate than it is to support and create - I Ron Slippers
Geogeer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/4/2015 10:08:15 PM
At 12/4/2015 9:49:25 PM, ironslippers wrote:
as an OS windows hasn't had any ground breaking development since XP. Its their business acumen that make them the power house they are. For a portion of the amount of money MS spends on lawyers (that protect their propriety) a new framework and aps could be developed to compete. I hoped this would be something Google might take on (with their smart phone OS)... and didn't.

I use windows mainly because unlike Apple I still have control of my hardware config and the learning curve to learn Linux is something I don't have time for.
Apple is still #1 for artists
Linux is still the most popular choice for servers

My next server:
http://t0.gstatic.com...
http://www.lacie.com...

I prefer to work at a desk top PC to stay focused on the task at hand and to prevent my digital life from following me everywhere I go.

This type of technology is the only product I know that is sold incomplete. After all you can always get the updates as they're developed.
Dirty.Harry
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/5/2015 9:02:25 PM

Sounds like a rant to me, did you have a bad experience the day you posted this?

I'll grumble just like anyone else about Windows however the OS at an engineering level is superbly designed.

Every other OS you'll see out there is just a rehash of Unix which began in the 60s, it's ancient, highly idiosynchratic and incredibly frustrating.

Microsoft took a huge risk in the late 80s to design a new OS from scratch, clean sheet of paper, that would carry them into the 21st century and provide a core for server and desktop consumers.

No other company has had the balls to do that, they've all just adopted this or that variation of Unix and shown no real innovation at the OS level. This is true of Apple, it was true of Sun too and is true of Google (Android).

When it comes to operating system and programming language design and development Micrsoft are head and shoulder beyond the competition.

Yes Windows has its pain points - nothing so generic is gonna be perfect for everyone - but its a hell of a lot better than Unix.

Harry.
Mirza
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/13/2015 2:42:17 AM
Posted: 11 months ago
I am about to install Windows 10, lol. Let's see how that baby works out. Just hoping I can find the right guide somewhere to activate it for free. :)
Diqiucun_Cunmin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/13/2015 2:45:09 AM
At 12/13/2015 2:42:17 AM, Mirza wrote:
I am about to install Windows 10, lol. Let's see how that baby works out. Just hoping I can find the right guide somewhere to activate it for free. :)

If you're using Windows, there should be a Windows icon among the icons on the bottom right on your computer. Click it and you can follow the instructions for installation.
The thing is, I hate relativism. I hate relativism more than I hate everything else, excepting, maybe, fibreglass powerboats... What it overlooks, to put it briefly and crudely, is the fixed structure of human nature. - Jerry Fodor

Don't be a stat cynic:

Response to conservative views on deforestation:

Topics I'd like to debate (not debating ATM): http://tinyurl.com...
Mirza
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/13/2015 2:47:04 AM
At 12/13/2015 2:45:09 AM, Diqiucun_Cunmin wrote:
If you're using Windows, there should be a Windows icon among the icons on the bottom right on your computer. Click it and you can follow the instructions for installation.
I don't have a genuine activation, so it doesn't appear there. The Win 10 trial I downloaded doesn't even allow me to upgrade, so I've got to back-up everything somewhere and install all over. It's painful, but maybe worth it. Usually I am worried about getting drivers to work and finding the right settings, but this time I worry about whether or not I can find a good "crack", like the RemoveWAT for Windows 7.