Jump to topic:

I don't know what to do..

Rosalie
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/8/2015 6:42:39 PM
Posted: 12 months ago
My cousin who is 13 is sexually active, and I just found this out about a month ago. Just recently, shes been taking birth control. She even carries around tons of condoms in her purse. Not only is she sexually active with guys, but girls to. My moral standard compared to hers is completely different.

I've tried to talk sense into her, but she always says "ita my life, it makes me happy" while it may make her happy, she dosent know a thing about STDS. I asked her if she even knew what STDS was and she responded "dosent that occur when you have sex too much" I felt bad, but I had to laugh.

Our whole family knows. Our family has been getting calls saying my cousin has been missing classes each day etc...and currently she has all F's. Before she entered high school, she was verrryyyyy dedicated to her studies. She dreamt of becoming a Veterinarian, she is now going down hill fast.

She is even trying to convince her mom to let her be emancipated at 15, and her mom is agreeing to it..

Should I just let it be?
It this just the norm now in days?

She and I are like sisters...and I don't want something horrible to happen to her.
" We need more videos of cat's playing the piano on the internet" - My art professor.

"Criticism is easier to take when you realize that the only people who aren't criticized are those who don't take risks." - Donald Trump

Officially Mrs. 16Kadams 8-30-16
Blade-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/8/2015 7:09:18 PM
Posted: 12 months ago
At 12/8/2015 6:42:39 PM, Rosalie wrote:
My cousin who is 13 is sexually active, and I just found this out about a month ago. Just recently, shes been taking birth control. She even carries around tons of condoms in her purse. Not only is she sexually active with guys, but girls to. My moral standard compared to hers is completely different.

I've tried to talk sense into her, but she always says "ita my life, it makes me happy" while it may make her happy, she dosent know a thing about STDS. I asked her if she even knew what STDS was and she responded "dosent that occur when you have sex too much" I felt bad, but I had to laugh.

Our whole family knows. Our family has been getting calls saying my cousin has been missing classes each day etc...and currently she has all F's. Before she entered high school, she was verrryyyyy dedicated to her studies. She dreamt of becoming a Veterinarian, she is now going down hill fast.

She is even trying to convince her mom to let her be emancipated at 15, and her mom is agreeing to it..

Should I just let it be?
It this just the norm now in days?

She and I are like sisters...and I don't want something horrible to happen to her.

It sounds like something horrible already happened to her. Someone doesn't just go from a focused student to getting F's and skipping. The unusually large amount of sexual promiscuity also leads me to believe that something happened to her that she's running from. You should try to figure out what caused that change, because it seems quite extreme based on what you've shared so far. Once you find the cause you'll have to figure out how to correct it. Feel free to PM me if you'd like to discuss this more openly, I'm being reserved here and have further thoughts I'd share privately.
Debate.org Deputy Vote Moderator
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
DDO Voting Guide: http://www.debate.org...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Need a judge on your debate? Nominate me! http://www.debate.org...