Total Posts:293|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Why is my kid being taught that gay is ok?

theworldhasgonemad
Posts: 633
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/9/2015 2:04:45 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
My eleven year old girl recently had her first sex ed class. She is thoroughly disgusted by the idea of boys and girls having sex, which is what I would expect from an 11 year old girl. However, she is also being taught in the same breath that being gay is perfectly normal, natural and healthy.

When our dinner conversation the other night turned to her friends being asked out by boys, I asked her if any boys asked her out, or if she asked any boys out. Knowing as I did her feelings on this subject, I expected an emphatic no. What I got instead was an answer 'yeah, Paris' (her best friend).

Now I know she was only joking (she was very bitter as she said it), and me and my wife are both quite sure she won't turn out gay based on the way she interacts with both sexes, but I am very worried about the combination of what is being taught our children. I think it is cruel to subject them to this lie that homosexuality is perfectly natural, normal and healthy. How much is my poor little girl, who is probably a 99% chance of not turning gay, now going to wonder "am i gay"? How much psychological damage is this going to cause my poor little girl over the coming years as she is plunged into depths of confusion?

I want to set the record straight with her that being gay is not normal, natural or healthy, so that she doesn't have the psychological trauma of thinking she's something that the biology text book tells her, has always told her, and will always tell her is not normal. But the world is telling me if I do this I'm a bigot, and a homophobe and discriminatory, and inciting hate crimes.

Why are we teaching our kids that being gay is perfectly okay when the vast majority of them aren't gay? It is so cruel.

What do you think I should tell my girl now so that she can avoid psychological stress and trauma that has been inflicted upon her by the world's new "progressive" thinking? How can I do it in a way so that I won't be demonised? Why am I being put in a situation where I have to deal with this?
YYW
Posts: 36,426
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/9/2015 2:28:26 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/9/2015 2:04:45 PM, theworldhasgonemad wrote:
My eleven year old girl recently had her first sex ed class. She is thoroughly disgusted by the idea of boys and girls having sex, which is what I would expect from an 11 year old girl. However, she is also being taught in the same breath that being gay is perfectly normal, natural and healthy.

It is.

When our dinner conversation the other night turned to her friends being asked out by boys, I asked her if any boys asked her out, or if she asked any boys out. Knowing as I did her feelings on this subject, I expected an emphatic no. What I got instead was an answer 'yeah, Paris' (her best friend).

...

Now I know she was only joking (she was very bitter as she said it), and me and my wife are both quite sure she won't turn out gay based on the way she interacts with both sexes, but I am very worried about the combination of what is being taught our children. I think it is cruel to subject them to this lie that homosexuality is perfectly natural, normal and healthy.

What will be cruel is how you react if your daughter winds up being a lesbian, and you decide that your misguided ideas about homosexuality trump the relationship you have with your child.

I know a lot of people like you, and I can tell you that I know what you'll do if she comes out... and it's going to cause you and her a lot of heartache. And if your daughter winds up being a lesbian, when you stand before God on your day of judgment, and he asks you why your turned your back on your child and you say "because homosexuality is a sin" he is going to ask you "are you not also a sinner?" and then "why would you think that she is any less my child than you?"

How much is my poor little girl, who is probably a 99% chance of not turning gay, now going to wonder "am i gay"? How much psychological damage is this going to cause my poor little girl over the coming years as she is plunged into depths of confusion?

You have no idea whether your daughter is gay or straight, and you have no idea what the probability of that is. And she is not being "damaged" by being taught to respect other people. The only "damage" I can see is that she has a dad whose misguided ideas about homosexuality are going to cause her a lot of confusion as she's growing up because you're failing as a parent to set the kind of example that you should.

I want to set the record straight with her that being gay is not normal, natural or healthy, so that she doesn't have the psychological trauma of thinking she's something that the biology text book tells her, has always told her, and will always tell her is not normal. But the world is telling me if I do this I'm a bigot, and a homophobe and discriminatory, and inciting hate crimes.

If you tell your daughter that being gay is wrong, then you are (in addition to misleading her), failing as a parent. You're also going to fail as a grandparent, too. Eventually, your daughter will grow up, and she will start to think for herself, and she will (without question) abandon your misguided prejudices regarding homosexuality. And if she has a gay son or daughter, when she is a parent herself, she will almost certainly chose a relationship with her own child over continuing any relationship with you.

The reality is that I have seen people like you, every day, make choices that are based on very irrational ideas of what's right and wrong, and destroy what really matters (their family) in the process. You can believe whatever you want, but there will likely come a time (especially if you have more than two kids) where some member of your family, in this generation or the next, will come out. That's going to make people make choices, and people who generally profess the ideas that you have here generally make the wrong ones... and you will end up alone, without the relationship of your daughter (or your grandkids).

Why are we teaching our kids that being gay is perfectly okay when the vast majority of them aren't gay? It is so cruel.

Society has changed, because it recognized that the idiotic and irrational prejudice against homosexuality caused baseless, severe harm to an entire segment of a population with no basis whatsoever in ethics or morality.

What do you think I should tell my girl now so that she can avoid psychological stress and trauma that has been inflicted upon her by the world's new "progressive" thinking? How can I do it in a way so that I won't be demonised? Why am I being put in a situation where I have to deal with this?

I think you are the agent of any stress she's experiencing, because 11 year old children have a hard time understanding why school says one thing and daddy says another thing. And you're wrong, not the school.

The only question that remains is this: will you make the right choice, or will you continue to make bad choices that are going to create a divide between you and your family (even if not today, in the future).
Tsar of DDO
theworldhasgonemad
Posts: 633
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/9/2015 3:02:40 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
I understand your point that telling a gay person that they're not normal is perhaps not the best thing for their psyche.

But what you are failing to see is the damage you are causing straight kids that are not gay that being gay is a perfectly normal alternative for them.

What you are failing to see is that 97% of kids are not gay, so the psychological problems you are creating are far more wide spread. Your 'progressive thinking' is a much bigger blight on society then a homophobics will ever be.

You are also 100% wrong about it being normal. I know this for a fact. You see biology is a pure science, which means it is based on fact and not theory. The only 'science' that supports homosexuality as being normal is based on theory.

Biology tells us that:
* Boys are born with a penis, girls with a vagine
* Boys and girls bodies are made to complement each other
* It is completely illogical for a boy to mate with a boy, or a girl to mate with a girl
* There is no direct interaction between sexual organs when same-sexes have sex

If two people can't have sexual intercourse with sex organs, and you think that's normal, then clearly there is also some sort of psychological problems as well as the obvious biological ones that you comically ignore.
theworldhasgonemad
Posts: 633
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/9/2015 3:18:37 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Again I will say I perfectly understand the points you are making. But what you are also failing to consider is that there are other solutions to the problem that persecuted homosexuals face.

The most obvious solution, that has never been tried, is for everyone to acknowledge it for what it is, a perverse sexual orientation (look up what perverse really means before you get offended). And then to deal with managing those attractions to the point where they are manageable, and the person can live a normal happy and healthy live with someone of the opposite sex.

This is the same treatment that we should expect of another perverse sexual orientation - paedophiles, and if you view websites like B4uAct you will see how successful this treatment can be.
Kleptin
Posts: 5,095
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/9/2015 3:51:54 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
There's a fundamental problem with the way you are going about talking about this topic. You've made your argument under the pretense of psychological damage, and since psychology is the flavor of the month for me, I'm going to bite.

Let's start with some preliminaries before we get to the crux of the issue. The fact that you default to biology in the manner that you did as an argument is very telling. Science cannot be described as "pure". The fact that you mentioned that shows that you really like black and white answers and unfortunately, that's not the case with the majority of science. Your reliance on "biology" and "science" as a source of unchangeable rules means that you're not thinking with science. You're using it as a secondary argument.

What are your religious affiliations?
: At 5/2/2010 2:43:54 PM, innomen wrote:
It isn't about finding a theory, philosophy or doctrine and thinking it's the answer, but a practical application of one's experiences that is the answer.

: At 10/28/2010 2:40:07 PM, jharry wrote: I have already been given the greatest Gift that anyone could ever hope for [Life], I would consider myself selfish if I expected anything more.
theworldhasgonemad
Posts: 633
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/9/2015 4:09:04 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/9/2015 3:51:54 PM, Kleptin wrote:
There's a fundamental problem with the way you are going about talking about this topic. You've made your argument under the pretense of psychological damage, and since psychology is the flavor of the month for me, I'm going to bite.


There is no pretense here. I am deeply concerned for my girl. My girls is very outgoing and vivacious. She flirts with boys and goes all coy around them. She is very unlikely to turn into a homosexual. If she is being taught what is normal, then her line of thinking should be 'i am not interested in boys'. She should not be thinking "i'm interested in girls". It is a crime against humanity that our kids are being confused like this.

Let's start with some preliminaries before we get to the crux of the issue. The fact that you default to biology in the manner that you did as an argument is very telling. Science cannot be described as "pure". The fact that you mentioned that shows that you really like black and white answers and unfortunately, that's not the case with the majority of science. Your reliance on "biology" and "science" as a source of unchangeable rules means that you're not thinking with science. You're using it as a secondary argument.

The fact is, biology is based on fact. The fact is, you don't want this to be true because you want to find a way to justify yourself. The fact is, biology will never, ever, ever change. It will always say that homosexuality is not normal. Deep down people will always know this, even if they steadfastly refuse to acknowledge it like you will. That's why gays will always have psychological problems, and why the 'progressive thinking' you all think you have is so ridiculously misguided.

What are your religious affiliations?

I believe that the human mind cannot comprehend the beginning or our purpose. Therefore there must be some power of higher intelligence than us such as a god or aliens.
theworldhasgonemad
Posts: 633
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/9/2015 4:14:10 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
The fact is, biology does give us a black and white answer, and you don't like it, so you're looking else where.

The fact is, the answer that biology gives will never change, which is why I will always be right, and you will always be looking somewhere else.
Kleptin
Posts: 5,095
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/9/2015 4:45:47 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/9/2015 4:09:04 PM, theworldhasgonemad wrote:
There is no pretense here. I am deeply concerned for my girl. My girls is very outgoing and vivacious. She flirts with boys and goes all coy around them. She is very unlikely to turn into a homosexual. If she is being taught what is normal, then her line of thinking should be 'i am not interested in boys'. She should not be thinking "i'm interested in girls". It is a crime against humanity that our kids are being confused like this.

The Holocaust was a crime against humanity. Let's say for example that your daughter is straight and likes boys. If her teacher made her think "Is it possible I like girls?" Where would the damage be?

The fact is, biology is based on fact. The fact is, you don't want this to be true because you want to find a way to justify yourself. The fact is, biology will never, ever, ever change. It will always say that homosexuality is not normal. Deep down people will always know this, even if they steadfastly refuse to acknowledge it like you will. That's why gays will always have psychological problems, and why the 'progressive thinking' you all think you have is so ridiculously misguided.

I noticed you're very quick to anger, very impassioned, and very set in what it is you believe. I also noticed that you are quick to lob accusations of stubbornness and to lump me in with who you call "progressives".

Do you have any formal training in the field of Biology? Or actually, can you explain to me the relationship between things that aren't alive, living things, the process by which living things change, and where sex developed in the evolution of life? I don't actually want you to explain them. I just want a yes or no answer from you as to whether or not you can. If you disagree with anything I just said, just note that you disagree.

I believe that the human mind cannot comprehend the beginning or our purpose. Therefore there must be some power of higher intelligence than us such as a god or aliens.

What is intelligence when it comes to Biology?
: At 5/2/2010 2:43:54 PM, innomen wrote:
It isn't about finding a theory, philosophy or doctrine and thinking it's the answer, but a practical application of one's experiences that is the answer.

: At 10/28/2010 2:40:07 PM, jharry wrote: I have already been given the greatest Gift that anyone could ever hope for [Life], I would consider myself selfish if I expected anything more.
Wylted
Posts: 21,167
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/9/2015 5:04:51 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
This is what you get for having your kid publicly educated, knowing that the state only respects liberal ideals, and that's all you'll be taught. If your opinion is conservative in any single respect, the public school system will attack that particular belief. Here is what public school teaches.

1. Memorization is learning.

2. White people are bad and are the cause of every problem America ever have. Black people are victims and Ameican Indians are all saints. If anyone tells you that native Americans had unethical practices they are lying. If anyone ever told you that a higher percentage of blacks and Jews owned slaves than whites, they're lying.

3. In ten years the world will end from global warming.

4. Gay is not only okay, but preferable to being heterosexual.

5. Government intervention is the only solution to every problem, and always has been.

6. History and science aren't debatable and constantly evolving, but set in stone by your ten year old text books.

7. Che Gueverra is a hero.

8. Hitler was not a pro government liberal, but an anti government liberal. In order to not be like Hitler you should support gun control, euthanasia, abortion and the state interfering with our personal lives.

8. Clocks are bad
Wylted
Posts: 21,167
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/9/2015 5:08:18 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/9/2015 3:02:40 PM, theworldhasgonemad wrote:
I understand your point that telling a gay person that they're not normal is perhaps not the best thing for their psyche.

But what you are failing to see is the damage you are causing straight kids that are not gay that being gay is a perfectly normal alternative for them.

What you are failing to see is that 97% of kids are not gay, so the psychological problems you are creating are far more wide spread. Your 'progressive thinking' is a much bigger blight on society then a homophobics will ever be.

Liberals have made most of our kids gay. Look at how many sag their pants, which is an indicator of gayness and invitation to ther butt. Also pink shirts are on the rise. Also look at the current cartoons. They aren't like they were in our day, all the cartoons are gay.

You are also 100% wrong about it being normal. I know this for a fact. You see biology is a pure science, which means it is based on fact and not theory. The only 'science' that supports homosexuality as being normal is based on theory.

Biology tells us that:
* Boys are born with a penis, girls with a vagine
* Boys and girls bodies are made to complement each other
* It is completely illogical for a boy to mate with a boy, or a girl to mate with a girl
* There is no direct interaction between sexual organs when same-sexes have sex

If two people can't have sexual intercourse with sex organs, and you think that's normal, then clearly there is also some sort of psychological problems as well as the obvious biological ones that you comically ignore.
Kleptin
Posts: 5,095
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/9/2015 5:11:06 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/9/2015 5:04:51 PM, Wylted wrote:
1. Memorization is learning.

2. White people are bad and are the cause of every problem America ever have. Black people are victims and Ameican Indians are all saints. If anyone tells you that native Americans had unethical practices they are lying. If anyone ever told you that a higher percentage of blacks and Jews owned slaves than whites, they're lying.

3. In ten years the world will end from global warming.

4. Gay is not only okay, but preferable to being heterosexual.

5. Government intervention is the only solution to every problem, and always has been.

6. History and science aren't debatable and constantly evolving, but set in stone by your ten year old text books.

7. Che Gueverra is a hero.

8. Hitler was not a pro government liberal, but an anti government liberal. In order to not be like Hitler you should support gun control, euthanasia, abortion and the state interfering with our personal lives.

8. Clocks are bad

If this is what conservatives think of liberals, then the liberal caricature of conservatives is probably just as wrong. It's a giant straw man argument fought by both sides. How sad.
: At 5/2/2010 2:43:54 PM, innomen wrote:
It isn't about finding a theory, philosophy or doctrine and thinking it's the answer, but a practical application of one's experiences that is the answer.

: At 10/28/2010 2:40:07 PM, jharry wrote: I have already been given the greatest Gift that anyone could ever hope for [Life], I would consider myself selfish if I expected anything more.
Kleptin
Posts: 5,095
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/9/2015 5:12:30 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/9/2015 5:08:18 PM, Wylted wrote:
Liberals have made most of our kids gay. Look at how many sag their pants, which is an indicator of gayness and invitation to ther butt. Also pink shirts are on the rise. Also look at the current cartoons. They aren't like they were in our day, all the cartoons are gay.

LOL, But actually, on a less serious note, don't you remember how Bugs Bunny used to crossdress and flirt with Elmer Fudd?
: At 5/2/2010 2:43:54 PM, innomen wrote:
It isn't about finding a theory, philosophy or doctrine and thinking it's the answer, but a practical application of one's experiences that is the answer.

: At 10/28/2010 2:40:07 PM, jharry wrote: I have already been given the greatest Gift that anyone could ever hope for [Life], I would consider myself selfish if I expected anything more.
Wylted
Posts: 21,167
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/9/2015 5:15:27 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/9/2015 5:11:06 PM, Kleptin wrote:
At 12/9/2015 5:04:51 PM, Wylted wrote:
1. Memorization is learning.

2. White people are bad and are the cause of every problem America ever have. Black people are victims and Ameican Indians are all saints. If anyone tells you that native Americans had unethical practices they are lying. If anyone ever told you that a higher percentage of blacks and Jews owned slaves than whites, they're lying.

3. In ten years the world will end from global warming.

4. Gay is not only okay, but preferable to being heterosexual.

5. Government intervention is the only solution to every problem, and always has been.

6. History and science aren't debatable and constantly evolving, but set in stone by your ten year old text books.

7. Che Gueverra is a hero.

8. Hitler was not a pro government liberal, but an anti government liberal. In order to not be like Hitler you should support gun control, euthanasia, abortion and the state interfering with our personal lives.

8. Clocks are bad

If this is what conservatives think of liberals, then the liberal caricature of conservatives is probably just as wrong. It's a giant straw man argument fought by both sides. How sad.

It is a strawman fought by both sides. It's why all politicians appear to be stupid.
Wylted
Posts: 21,167
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/9/2015 5:17:13 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/9/2015 5:12:30 PM, Kleptin wrote:
At 12/9/2015 5:08:18 PM, Wylted wrote:
Liberals have made most of our kids gay. Look at how many sag their pants, which is an indicator of gayness and invitation to ther butt. Also pink shirts are on the rise. Also look at the current cartoons. They aren't like they were in our day, all the cartoons are gay.

LOL, But actually, on a less serious note, don't you remember how Bugs Bunny used to crossdress and flirt with Elmer Fudd?

Yep, this cross dressing theme seems quite common in kids shows. It's probably for easy laughs, but there is the conspiracy theory by conservative Christians (some of them), that it's an overt attempt to normalize homosexuality and turn our children gay.
Kleptin
Posts: 5,095
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/9/2015 5:17:48 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/9/2015 5:15:27 PM, Wylted wrote:
It is a strawman fought by both sides. It's why all politicians appear to be stupid.

Not quite sure if the politicians are the stupid ones. I mean, if they can incite thousands of people to hate each other based on imagined characteristics, that makes them pretty cunning manipulators of people.
: At 5/2/2010 2:43:54 PM, innomen wrote:
It isn't about finding a theory, philosophy or doctrine and thinking it's the answer, but a practical application of one's experiences that is the answer.

: At 10/28/2010 2:40:07 PM, jharry wrote: I have already been given the greatest Gift that anyone could ever hope for [Life], I would consider myself selfish if I expected anything more.
Wylted
Posts: 21,167
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/9/2015 5:25:30 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/9/2015 5:17:48 PM, Kleptin wrote:
At 12/9/2015 5:15:27 PM, Wylted wrote:
It is a strawman fought by both sides. It's why all politicians appear to be stupid.

Not quite sure if the politicians are the stupid ones. I mean, if they can incite thousands of people to hate each other based on imagined characteristics, that makes them pretty cunning manipulators of people.

I don't think it's intentiona, but maybe. I can't know. If a cunning manipulator looks really similar to an imbecile than I'm lost. You'd think that if these people were intelligent they'd still be more effective at creating good policy.
Kleptin
Posts: 5,095
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/9/2015 5:33:15 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/9/2015 5:25:30 PM, Wylted wrote:
I don't think it's intentiona, but maybe. I can't know. If a cunning manipulator looks really similar to an imbecile than I'm lost. You'd think that if these people were intelligent they'd still be more effective at creating good policy.

Well, the situation is understandable since they're constantly sabotaging each other's attempts at passing legislation. The emotions run high, their constituents are at each other's throats like sports fans, the whole political process basically runs on bribery, lobbying, and the bare minimum needed to keep their seats.
: At 5/2/2010 2:43:54 PM, innomen wrote:
It isn't about finding a theory, philosophy or doctrine and thinking it's the answer, but a practical application of one's experiences that is the answer.

: At 10/28/2010 2:40:07 PM, jharry wrote: I have already been given the greatest Gift that anyone could ever hope for [Life], I would consider myself selfish if I expected anything more.
Nivek
Posts: 242
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/9/2015 5:53:00 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/9/2015 2:04:45 PM, theworldhasgonemad wrote:

Okay. Instead of having the tug of war between the school and your belief, you could always teach your kid to think critically on both beliefs. Besides, the world's hatred on young adults nowadays stems from their lack of independence. I'm sure every adult out there would be willing to change our incompetence and it has to start somewhere.....
Vox_Veritas
Posts: 7,086
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/9/2015 7:09:51 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/9/2015 2:04:45 PM, theworldhasgonemad wrote:
My eleven year old girl recently had her first sex ed class. She is thoroughly disgusted by the idea of boys and girls having sex, which is what I would expect from an 11 year old girl. However, she is also being taught in the same breath that being gay is perfectly normal, natural and healthy.

When our dinner conversation the other night turned to her friends being asked out by boys, I asked her if any boys asked her out, or if she asked any boys out. Knowing as I did her feelings on this subject, I expected an emphatic no. What I got instead was an answer 'yeah, Paris' (her best friend).

Now I know she was only joking (she was very bitter as she said it), and me and my wife are both quite sure she won't turn out gay based on the way she interacts with both sexes, but I am very worried about the combination of what is being taught our children. I think it is cruel to subject them to this lie that homosexuality is perfectly natural, normal and healthy. How much is my poor little girl, who is probably a 99% chance of not turning gay, now going to wonder "am i gay"? How much psychological damage is this going to cause my poor little girl over the coming years as she is plunged into depths of confusion?

I want to set the record straight with her that being gay is not normal, natural or healthy, so that she doesn't have the psychological trauma of thinking she's something that the biology text book tells her, has always told her, and will always tell her is not normal. But the world is telling me if I do this I'm a bigot, and a homophobe and discriminatory, and inciting hate crimes.

Why are we teaching our kids that being gay is perfectly okay when the vast majority of them aren't gay? It is so cruel.

What do you think I should tell my girl now so that she can avoid psychological stress and trauma that has been inflicted upon her by the world's new "progressive" thinking? How can I do it in a way so that I won't be demonised? Why am I being put in a situation where I have to deal with this?

Private School. Enroll your daughter. Now.
Call me Vox, the Resident Contrarian of debate.org.

The DDO Blog:
https://debatedotorg.wordpress.com...

#drinkthecoffeenotthekoolaid
Blade-of-Truth
Posts: 5,036
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/9/2015 7:55:26 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/9/2015 7:09:51 PM, Vox_Veritas wrote:
At 12/9/2015 2:04:45 PM, theworldhasgonemad wrote:
My eleven year old girl recently had her first sex ed class. She is thoroughly disgusted by the idea of boys and girls having sex, which is what I would expect from an 11 year old girl. However, she is also being taught in the same breath that being gay is perfectly normal, natural and healthy.

When our dinner conversation the other night turned to her friends being asked out by boys, I asked her if any boys asked her out, or if she asked any boys out. Knowing as I did her feelings on this subject, I expected an emphatic no. What I got instead was an answer 'yeah, Paris' (her best friend).

Now I know she was only joking (she was very bitter as she said it), and me and my wife are both quite sure she won't turn out gay based on the way she interacts with both sexes, but I am very worried about the combination of what is being taught our children. I think it is cruel to subject them to this lie that homosexuality is perfectly natural, normal and healthy. How much is my poor little girl, who is probably a 99% chance of not turning gay, now going to wonder "am i gay"? How much psychological damage is this going to cause my poor little girl over the coming years as she is plunged into depths of confusion?

I want to set the record straight with her that being gay is not normal, natural or healthy, so that she doesn't have the psychological trauma of thinking she's something that the biology text book tells her, has always told her, and will always tell her is not normal. But the world is telling me if I do this I'm a bigot, and a homophobe and discriminatory, and inciting hate crimes.

Why are we teaching our kids that being gay is perfectly okay when the vast majority of them aren't gay? It is so cruel.

What do you think I should tell my girl now so that she can avoid psychological stress and trauma that has been inflicted upon her by the world's new "progressive" thinking? How can I do it in a way so that I won't be demonised? Why am I being put in a situation where I have to deal with this?

Private School. Enroll your daughter. Now.

Lol, that's what I was thinking. My kids are certainly going to attend private schools.
Debate.org Deputy Vote Moderator
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
DDO Voting Guide: http://www.debate.org...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Need a judge on your debate? Nominate me! http://www.debate.org...
theworldhasgonemad
Posts: 633
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/9/2015 9:31:51 PM
Posted: 1 year ago

Private School. Enroll your daughter. Now.

I am already paying 14k a year for a private education. The sex ed classes are commissioned out to a 3rd party. But even private schools aren't immune to the bigotry of the gay agenda. I've ready quite a few stories this year of private schools being demonised as homophobic and discriminatory.
YYW
Posts: 36,426
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/9/2015 9:34:22 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/9/2015 3:51:54 PM, Kleptin wrote:
There's a fundamental problem with the way you are going about talking about this topic. You've made your argument under the pretense of psychological damage, and since psychology is the flavor of the month for me, I'm going to bite.

Let's start with some preliminaries before we get to the crux of the issue. The fact that you default to biology in the manner that you did as an argument is very telling. Science cannot be described as "pure". The fact that you mentioned that shows that you really like black and white answers and unfortunately, that's not the case with the majority of science. Your reliance on "biology" and "science" as a source of unchangeable rules means that you're not thinking with science. You're using it as a secondary argument.

What are your religious affiliations?

Welcome back :)
Tsar of DDO
theworldhasgonemad
Posts: 633
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/9/2015 9:40:05 PM
Posted: 1 year ago

The Holocaust was a crime against humanity. Let's say for example that your daughter is straight and likes boys. If her teacher made her think "Is it possible I like girls?" Where would the damage be?

Le's say for example that your boy is gay and likes boy . If his teacher made him think "is it possible that being gay is not normal, and i should at least try and suppress my urges to live a normal life", where would the damage be?



I noticed you're very quick to anger, very impassioned, and very set in what it is you believe.

This isn't what I "believe". This is fact. Get that into your thick head. Biology is fact. It is not some fanciful theory based on somebody's perception.

I also noticed that you are quick to lob accusations of stubbornness and to lump me in with who you call "progressives".

So what?

Do you have any formal training in the field of Biology? Or actually, can you explain to me the relationship between things that aren't alive, living things,

which ones in particular?

the process by which living things change, and where sex developed in the evolution of life?

I can exlain, but it would only be a 'theory'

I don't actually want you to explain them. I just want a yes or no answer from you as to whether or not you can. If you disagree with anything I just said, just note that you disagree.

How can I disagree with a question?

I believe that the human mind cannot comprehend the beginning or our purpose. Therefore there must be some power of higher intelligence than us such as a god or aliens.

What is intelligence when it comes to Biology?

How successfully the correct neural pathways are wired in the brain. You know, like the ones that tell you the anus is a carrier of faecal matter and not a sex organ.
theworldhasgonemad
Posts: 633
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/9/2015 10:05:09 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Let's say for example that your daughter is straight and likes boys. If her teacher made her think "Is it possible I like girls?" Where would the damage be?
-----
The basic answer is the confusion it causes.

I can think of many ways damage could be caused, but they are only theories.

* Unwanted sexual encounters leave psychological problems akin to being abused. The more we normalise homosexuality:
i) the more gays will have the confidence to try and seduce people, the majority of which are not gay
ii) the more straights will mistakingly say yes due to us teaching them it's normal; peer pressure; situation; alcohol and drugs
If my daughter is taught "I might like girls and that's okay" then it follows she will be more likely to say yes to a gay sexual proposition and be left with the scars for the rest of her life if she finds out too late it's a mistake.

* These are thoughts that she could wrestle with and be consumed by, because of the profound impact our sex life has on us. This mental drain could have a significant impact on her social and academic life, causing a deterioration in both.

You know the old wisdom that kids need routine. Once they lose routine chaos ensues. Same principle applies.
Rosalie
Posts: 4,628
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/9/2015 10:17:35 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/9/2015 2:04:45 PM, theworldhasgonemad wrote:

First off, who is to say that being gay is "Unnatural"?. This is subjective. I'm guessing maybe you believe this because you are religious?

Being gay is not a choice, but that is a whole other debate.

Your child goes to public school, she is going to be exposed to all sorts of things. I went to a Prepatory Christian school, and *still* experienced and saw things that usually happen more often in public schools.

You can't control the school on what she is being told by her friends or being taught. If you have a issue with the real-world, maybe you should consider homeschooling.
" We need more videos of cat's playing the piano on the internet" - My art professor.

"Criticism is easier to take when you realize that the only people who aren't criticized are those who don't take risks." - Donald Trump
komododragon8
Posts: 405
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/9/2015 10:41:54 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/9/2015 3:02:40 PM, theworldhasgonemad wrote:
I understand your point that telling a gay person that they're not normal is perhaps not the best thing for their psyche.

But what you are failing to see is the damage you are causing straight kids that are not gay that being gay is a perfectly normal alternative for them.

How is that damaging to them, they are simply being told that if they happen to be gay, than thats ok. They are in no way being told that being straight is bad.

What you are failing to see is that 97% of kids are not gay, so the psychological problems you are creating are far more wide spread. Your 'progressive thinking' is a much bigger blight on society then a homophobics will ever be.

Are you kidding, LGB youth already have a higher than average rate of suicide and abandonment and one of the main causes of that are parents like you you falsely say that they are abnormal or defective. In fact, Gays and lesbians only make up about 3-5% of the population, yet they make up about 1/3 of all homeless youth, and do know what the main cause of this homelessness is? Its parents who throw their kids out on the street after finding out their attracted to the same sex.

You are also 100% wrong about it being normal. I know this for a fact. You see biology is a pure science, which means it is based on fact and not theory. The only 'science' that supports homosexuality as being normal is based on theory.

This line alone shows your ignorance regarding science. A theory is an explanation, one that has been tested and confirmed repeatedly as a general scientific principle. May I remind you that both evolution and gravity are theories.

Biology tells us that:
* Boys are born with a penis, girls with a vagine
* Boys and girls bodies are made to complement each other
* It is completely illogical for a boy to mate with a boy, or a girl to mate with a girl
* There is no direct interaction between sexual organs when same-sexes have sex

If two people can't have sexual intercourse with sex organs, and you think that's normal, then clearly there is also some sort of psychological problems as well as the obvious biological ones that you comically ignore.

Things are way more complex than that. Sexual relations are extremely important for developing relationships especially among social primates such as ourselves. Bonobos often have homosexual relations to facilitate trust and bonding.
zmikecuber
Posts: 4,093
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/9/2015 11:24:17 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/9/2015 10:41:54 PM, komododragon8 wrote:
At 12/9/2015 3:02:40 PM, theworldhasgonemad wrote:
I understand your point that telling a gay person that they're not normal is perhaps not the best thing for their psyche.

But what you are failing to see is the damage you are causing straight kids that are not gay that being gay is a perfectly normal alternative for them.

How is that damaging to them, they are simply being told that if they happen to be gay, than thats ok. They are in no way being told that being straight is bad.

What you are failing to see is that 97% of kids are not gay, so the psychological problems you are creating are far more wide spread. Your 'progressive thinking' is a much bigger blight on society then a homophobics will ever be.

Are you kidding, LGB youth already have a higher than average rate of suicide and abandonment and one of the main causes of that are parents like you you falsely say that they are abnormal or defective. In fact, Gays and lesbians only make up about 3-5% of the population, yet they make up about 1/3 of all homeless youth, and do know what the main cause of this homelessness is? Its parents who throw their kids out on the street after finding out their attracted to the same sex.

Sources? I find this really hard to believe.


You are also 100% wrong about it being normal. I know this for a fact. You see biology is a pure science, which means it is based on fact and not theory. The only 'science' that supports homosexuality as being normal is based on theory.

This line alone shows your ignorance regarding science. A theory is an explanation, one that has been tested and confirmed repeatedly as a general scientific principle. May I remind you that both evolution and gravity are theories.

Biology tells us that:
* Boys are born with a penis, girls with a vagine
* Boys and girls bodies are made to complement each other
* It is completely illogical for a boy to mate with a boy, or a girl to mate with a girl
* There is no direct interaction between sexual organs when same-sexes have sex

If two people can't have sexual intercourse with sex organs, and you think that's normal, then clearly there is also some sort of psychological problems as well as the obvious biological ones that you comically ignore.

Things are way more complex than that. Sexual relations are extremely important for developing relationships especially among social primates such as ourselves. Bonobos often have homosexual relations to facilitate trust and bonding.
"Delete your fvcking sig" -1hard

"primal man had the habit, when he came into contact with fire, of satisfying the infantile desire connected with it, by putting it out with a stream of his urine... Putting out the fire by micturating was therefore a kind of sexual act with a male, an enjoyment of sexual potency in a homosexual competition."
komododragon8
Posts: 405
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/9/2015 11:39:05 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/9/2015 11:24:17 PM, zmikecuber wrote:
At 12/9/2015 10:41:54 PM, komododragon8 wrote:
At 12/9/2015 3:02:40 PM, theworldhasgonemad wrote:
I understand your point that telling a gay person that they're not normal is perhaps not the best thing for their psyche.

But what you are failing to see is the damage you are causing straight kids that are not gay that being gay is a perfectly normal alternative for them.

How is that damaging to them, they are simply being told that if they happen to be gay, than thats ok. They are in no way being told that being straight is bad.

What you are failing to see is that 97% of kids are not gay, so the psychological problems you are creating are far more wide spread. Your 'progressive thinking' is a much bigger blight on society then a homophobics will ever be.

Are you kidding, LGB youth already have a higher than average rate of suicide and abandonment and one of the main causes of that are parents like you you falsely say that they are abnormal or defective. In fact, Gays and lesbians only make up about 3-5% of the population, yet they make up about 1/3 of all homeless youth, and do know what the main cause of this homelessness is? Its parents who throw their kids out on the street after finding out their attracted to the same sex.

Sources? I find this really hard to believe.


You are also 100% wrong about it being normal. I know this for a fact. You see biology is a pure science, which means it is based on fact and not theory. The only 'science' that supports homosexuality as being normal is based on theory.

This line alone shows your ignorance regarding science. A theory is an explanation, one that has been tested and confirmed repeatedly as a general scientific principle. May I remind you that both evolution and gravity are theories.

Biology tells us that:
* Boys are born with a penis, girls with a vagine
* Boys and girls bodies are made to complement each other
* It is completely illogical for a boy to mate with a boy, or a girl to mate with a girl
* There is no direct interaction between sexual organs when same-sexes have sex

If two people can't have sexual intercourse with sex organs, and you think that's normal, then clearly there is also some sort of psychological problems as well as the obvious biological ones that you comically ignore.

Things are way more complex than that. Sexual relations are extremely important for developing relationships especially among social primates such as ourselves. Bonobos often have homosexual relations to facilitate trust and bonding.

https://www.afsp.org...
http://nationalhomeless.org...
Illegalcombatant
Posts: 4,008
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/9/2015 11:45:34 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/9/2015 2:04:45 PM, theworldhasgonemad wrote:
My eleven year old girl recently had her first sex ed class. She is thoroughly disgusted by the idea of boys and girls having sex, which is what I would expect from an 11 year old girl. However, she is also being taught in the same breath that being gay is perfectly normal, natural and healthy.

When our dinner conversation the other night turned to her friends being asked out by boys, I asked her if any boys asked her out, or if she asked any boys out. Knowing as I did her feelings on this subject, I expected an emphatic no. What I got instead was an answer 'yeah, Paris' (her best friend).

Now I know she was only joking (she was very bitter as she said it), and me and my wife are both quite sure she won't turn out gay based on the way she interacts with both sexes, but I am very worried about the combination of what is being taught our children. I think it is cruel to subject them to this lie that homosexuality is perfectly natural, normal and healthy. How much is my poor little girl, who is probably a 99% chance of not turning gay, now going to wonder "am i gay"? How much psychological damage is this going to cause my poor little girl over the coming years as she is plunged into depths of confusion?

Since your so concerned about the psychological well being of children, what happens when as children grow up those who are gay start to realize they are gay yet live in a very anti gay environment, think christian evangelical, gays are against God and your going to hell.

It gets tiresome when people use the think of the children line to justify an anti gay stance...........


I want to set the record straight with her that being gay is not normal, natural or healthy, so that she doesn't have the psychological trauma of thinking she's something that the biology text book tells her, has always told her, and will always tell her is not normal. But the world is telling me if I do this I'm a bigot, and a homophobe and discriminatory, and inciting hate crimes.

Why are we teaching our kids that being gay is perfectly okay when the vast majority of them aren't gay? It is so cruel.


What do you think I should tell my girl now so that she can avoid psychological stress and trauma that has been inflicted upon her by the world's new "progressive" thinking? How can I do it in a way so that I won't be demonised? Why am I being put in a situation where I have to deal with this?
"Seems like another attempt to insert God into areas our knowledge has yet to penetrate. You figure God would be bigger than the gaps of our ignorance." Drafterman 19/5/12
theworldhasgonemad
Posts: 633
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/10/2015 1:11:56 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
Since your so concerned about the psychological well being of children, what happens when as children grow up those who are gay start to realize they are gay yet live in a very anti gay environment, think christian evangelical, gays are against God and your going to hell.

It gets tiresome when people use the think of the children line to justify an anti gay stance...........

I agree with you. People on both sides of the story need to be more understanding. Gays need to understand that what they have is a disorder, and that it is possible to suppress their urges and live a normal life. I don't think it's possible for them to do this in an anti-gay environment, such as that you describe. What they need is love and understanding in order to receive the help necessary, to manage and cope with their urges. They have never had this. But paedophiles are starting to get it, and are having some fantastic success with it.

I think it's tiresome that pro-gay people won't accept that normalising homosexuality is damaging for children. I think it's tiresome that even though chinese and western medicine say it's unhealthy they still want to lie to our children that it's a healthy normal and natural lifestyle, just in order to feel better about themselves.