Jump to topic:

What is your problem with me?

Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/13/2015 4:16:15 PM
Posted: 11 months ago
This is a serious thread, of a serious nature, and I expect it to be taken as such.

The title says it all. I want to know what your problem with me is. Clearly some of you are vocal that you have problems with me, but many others are much more passive. Both those that vocalize, and others that have told me personally that I am not wanted or respect here, imply there are many people that take issue with my existence. However, only one person has ever taken the time to actually tell me what their issue, in part, with me is.

So, let's clear the air, shall we? Further, since these criticisms represent problems that should be corrected, feel free to offer advice. I ask that you be precise, accurate, speak of specifics if possible.

If you are afraid of backlash, you may PM me, and I will post your thoughts here anonymously.

Note to moderation:
This is not an attack thread, ergo, it does not violate TOS. I am asking for people to criticize me personally, in the personal forum, in an effort to understand people's views of me.
My work here is, finally, done.
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/13/2015 4:47:51 PM
Never met ya, don't know anything about you. This is a debate site so if you are expressing views people don't like, tough sht for them. It isn't your problem they don't get this is a place to express differing view points and not a confirmation bias wet nurse to run to to support their delusional beliefs if in fact they are delusional.
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
ResponsiblyIrresponsible
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/13/2015 5:48:55 PM
At 12/13/2015 4:16:15 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:

This probably isn't what you were looking for, though I'll say it anyway--perhaps as a preface for what I perceive will be a much more contentious thread:

I have no problem with you, and I never have. I think you might have perceived way back in the day--maybe as long as a year ago when I was on my prog account--that I did, but in reality I actually appreciated our relatively heated political discussions (and the fact that we still probably agree on next to nothing). I think you're a valuable member with good insights who provides an immense benefit to the community.
~ResponsiblyIrresponsible

DDO's Economics Messiah
PetersSmith
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/13/2015 6:18:35 PM
This is a serious thread, of a serious nature, and I expect it to be taken as such.

The title says it all. I want to know what your problem with me is. Clearly some of you are vocal that you have problems with me, but many others are much more passive. Both those that vocalize, and others that have told me personally that I am not wanted or respect here, imply there are many people that take issue with my existence. However, only one person has ever taken the time to actually tell me what their issue, in part, with me is.

So, let's clear the air, shall we? Further, since these criticisms represent problems that should be corrected, feel free to offer advice. I ask that you be precise, accurate, speak of specifics if possible.

If you are afraid of backlash, you may PM me, and I will post your thoughts here anonymously.

Note to moderation:
This is not an attack thread, ergo, it does not violate TOS. I am asking for people to criticize me personally, in the personal forum, in an effort to understand people's views of me.

I have no idea who you are, but judging by your profile my guess is that people don't like you because you're not a Gnostic atheist and you're not a liberal. That's not my opinion obviously, just the general active majority.
Empress of DDO (also Poll and Forum "Maintenance" Moderator)

"The two most important days in your life is the day you were born, and the day you find out why."
~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet just because there's a picture with a quote next to it."
~Abraham Lincoln

Guide to the Polls Section: http://www.debate.org...
Maikuru
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/13/2015 6:18:51 PM
I've got no problem with you. You frustrate the hell outta me in mafia sometimes, but I judge people by whether or not I've invite them to a game I mod, and you'd definitely get an invitation.
"You assume I wouldn't want to burn this whole place to the ground."
- lamerde

https://i.imgflip.com...
lamerde
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/13/2015 6:19:22 PM
Both those that vocalize, and others that have told me personally that I am not wanted or respect here, imply there are many people that take issue with my existence. However, only one person has ever taken the time to actually tell me what their issue, in part, with me is.

Who says that? That's so uncalled for.
Why I ignore YYW:
http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...
Calling someone a bitch multiple times while claiming you're taking the high road is an art form, I suppose: http://www.debate.org...
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/13/2015 7:17:19 PM

Note to moderation:

I don't think people have a problem with you. I think some people might let their mafia issues get to them in a way that they shouldn't, but that's it. You're a good member.
Tsar of DDO
Raisor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/13/2015 9:09:46 PM

Note to moderation:

You are too paranoid in mafia...

jk I don't have a problem with you.
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/13/2015 10:54:52 PM
Nothing really.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2015 12:49:41 AM
At 12/13/2015 6:19:22 PM, lamerde wrote:
Both those that vocalize, and others that have told me personally that I am not wanted or respect here, imply there are many people that take issue with my existence. However, only one person has ever taken the time to actually tell me what their issue, in part, with me is.

Who says that? That's so uncalled for.

Actually, the underlined was said as friendly advice, and I was quite thankful for their candor...and, I won't reveal any sources.
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2015 12:50:41 AM
You all are aware that I am much more than just a player of a game, and I am asking about me as a person, not a player, right?
Smithereens
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2015 2:16:30 AM
I've noticed you get into heated argument with other members. But I don't think anyone has anything against you as a person. Pretty sure it's mainly controversy over your play style.
Music composition contest: http://www.debate.org...
UtherPenguin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2015 3:00:51 AM
At 12/13/2015 6:18:35 PM, PetersSmith wrote:

Note to moderation:

people don't like you because you're not a Gnostic atheist and you're not a liberal.

Very, very accurate.
"Praise Allah."
~YYW
ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2015 4:06:07 AM
You won't let me meet your madam.
Solonkr~
I don't care about whether an ideology is "necessary" or not,
I care about how to solve problems,
which is what everyone else should also care about.

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY
MY SHIP SAILEY MUST SAIL"

SCREW THAT SHIZ #BANNIE = BAILEY & ANNIE

P.S. Shipped Sailey before it was cannon bitches.
Skepsikyma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2015 4:38:35 AM

Note to moderation:

You're too preoccupied with what other people think of you.
"The Collectivist experiment is thoroughly suited (in appearance at least) to the Capitalist society which it proposes to replace. It works with the existing machinery of Capitalism, talks and thinks in the existing terms of Capitalism, appeals to just those appetites which Capitalism has aroused, and ridicules as fantastic and unheard-of just those things in society the memory of which Capitalism has killed among men wherever the blight of it has spread."
- Hilaire Belloc -
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/17/2015 12:03:15 AM
At 12/14/2015 4:38:35 AM, Skepsikyma wrote:

You're too preoccupied with what other people think of you.

This is false.
Ignoring the fact that what people think of me affects how they interact with me, is just foolish. And, being on a website where a cold shoulder is given, it is completely fair to ask what they take issue with, specifically. Is it not?
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/17/2015 12:04:00 AM
At 12/14/2015 4:06:07 AM, ESocialBookworm wrote:
You won't let me meet your madam.

The only thing stopping you from doing so is yourself.
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/17/2015 12:07:56 AM
At 12/14/2015 2:16:30 AM, Smithereens wrote:
I've noticed you get into heated argument with other members. But I don't think anyone has anything against you as a person.
I know there are some that do have an issue with me as a person. At least, this is what has been literally stated.

Pretty sure it's mainly controversy over your play style.
The evidence suggests otherwise.
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/17/2015 12:09:08 AM
At 12/13/2015 5:48:55 PM, ResponsiblyIrresponsible wrote:

This probably isn't what you were looking for, though I'll say it anyway--perhaps as a preface for what I perceive will be a much more contentious thread:

I have no problem with you, and I never have. I think you might have perceived way back in the day--maybe as long as a year ago when I was on my prog account--that I did, but in reality I actually appreciated our relatively heated political discussions (and the fact that we still probably agree on next to nothing). I think you're a valuable member with good insights who provides an immense benefit to the community.

I have never thought you had any issue with me outside of my views, and never thought you held them against me in any personal way.
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/17/2015 12:13:27 AM
At 12/13/2015 9:09:46 PM, Raisor wrote:

You are too paranoid in mafia...
Nah, that has long since stopped, after I realized most people are not imaginative enough to warrant such paranoia.

jk I don't have a problem with you.

I never really suspected you did, and, I am sorry that the one serious talk we tried to have that one time was so rudely interrupted.
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/17/2015 12:14:32 AM
At 12/13/2015 6:18:51 PM, Maikuru wrote:
I've got no problem with you. You frustrate the hell outta me in mafia sometimes, but I judge people by whether or not I've invite them to a game I mod, and you'd definitely get an invitation.

Is this how you vote for politicians, too?
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/17/2015 12:14:42 AM
At 12/17/2015 12:10:50 AM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
At 12/13/2015 10:54:52 PM, lannan13 wrote:
Nothing really.

Right back at you.

I mean there's a few things that irritate me, but it's nothing serious or worth mentioning.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/17/2015 12:16:40 AM
At 12/13/2015 7:17:19 PM, YYW wrote:

I don't think people have a problem with you.
This is categorically false.

I think some people might let their mafia issues get to them in a way that they shouldn't, but that's it. You're a good member.

How tactful, as expected.
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/17/2015 12:17:30 AM
At 12/17/2015 12:14:42 AM, lannan13 wrote:
At 12/17/2015 12:10:50 AM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
At 12/13/2015 10:54:52 PM, lannan13 wrote:
Nothing really.

Right back at you.

I mean there's a few things that irritate me, but it's nothing serious or worth mentioning.

And those are not the things I am looking for :)
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/17/2015 12:20:39 AM
At 12/17/2015 12:16:40 AM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
At 12/13/2015 7:17:19 PM, YYW wrote:

I don't think people have a problem with you.
This is categorically false.

PM me... idk what the heck you're talking about.

I think some people might let their mafia issues get to them in a way that they shouldn't, but that's it. You're a good member.

How tactful, as expected.
Tsar of DDO
headphonegut
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/17/2015 12:24:41 AM
I hate people from the great white north. Filthy wisconsinites.
crying to soldiers coming home to their dogs why do I torment myself with these videos?
Mikal
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/17/2015 12:45:49 AM

Note to moderation:

To me personally, your mafia play annoys the piss out of me because you come as a condescending dik which carries over out of mafia
Buddamoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/17/2015 12:48:05 AM
because sir, you are both a mage and advocate of chaos. Keep your magic missiles and disorder to yourself!!! You can't just go around firing magic missiles into the darkness and expect people to be ok with that..
"Reality is an illusion created due to a lack of alcohol"
-Airmax1227

"You were the moon all this time, and he was always there to make you shine."

"Was he the sun?"

"No honey, he was the darkness"

-Kazekirion