Jump to topic:

Are you emotionally secure?

YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/19/2015 2:47:09 PM
Posted: 11 months ago
Are you emotionally secure? Do notice that you are easily influenced by what other's say about you, and do in relation to you?

Are you indifferent to what other's say about you, do in relation to you, and think about you?

Would you describe yourself as a self confident person? Why or why not?
Tsar of DDO
ResponsiblyIrresponsible
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/19/2015 6:17:58 PM
At 12/19/2015 2:47:09 PM, YYW wrote:

I have, for some reason, an inkling that this thread is satirical. But given the b1tch of a day the last 24 hours have been, I'm not opposed to reflecting on this nevertheless.

We can probably play game of semantics with what this actually means, but yes: I've never had the urge to go beat someone up, or throw a tantrum if I didn't get my way, or something. Whether or not I'm able to readily brush off feeling used or expendable is itself another question.

Do notice that you are easily influenced by what other's say about you, and do in relation to you?

Yes, and it's a big, big problem.

Are you indifferent to what other's say about you, do in relation to you, and think about you?

No, there are certainly "tiers." For instance, I'd weigh the view of my favorite professors and my best friend over almost anyone else, and there are a whole slew of dipsh1ts--mostly on DDO, but that's mainly because I can sort of "choose" with whom I interact in real life--whose "opinions" I can laugh off. But, sure, there is supposedly wisdom in crowds.. and after a while it fcking hurts, man.

Probably not. I should be. I'm the last person to toot my own horn, but I've spent the last four years working my ars off with some pretty damn good results, hopefully grad school lined up, and an honors thesis that will (hopefully and plausibly, assuming things go well) be published. I've never been better positioned to achieve what I actually want, and yet I've probably never felt worse about my ability to accomplish it.

Eh, that's more candid than I'll ever be in public again, lol...
~ResponsiblyIrresponsible

DDO's Economics Messiah
ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/20/2015 1:20:50 AM
Given that I was linked to this in a PM, I assume that JMK wanted a response from me. Just a fore-warning so I'm not accused of attacking or passive-aggressively bishing at him.

At 12/19/2015 6:17:58 PM, ResponsiblyIrresponsible wrote:

I have, for some reason, an inkling that this thread is satirical. But given the b1tch of a day the last 24 hours have been, I'm not opposed to reflecting on this nevertheless.

We can probably play game of semantics with what this actually means, but yes: I've never had the urge to go beat someone up, or throw a tantrum if I didn't get my way, or something. Whether or not I'm able to readily brush off feeling used or expendable is itself another question.

I don't know what to say to this, honestly. I mean, yeah, I don't think anyone would be okay with feeling used or expendable.

Do notice that you are easily influenced by what other's say about you, and do in relation to you?

Who isn't?

No, there are certainly "tiers." For instance, I'd weigh the view of my favorite professors and my best friend over almost anyone else, and there are a whole slew of dipsh1ts--mostly on DDO, but that's mainly because I can sort of "choose" with whom I interact in real life--whose "opinions" I can laugh off. But, sure, there is supposedly wisdom in crowds.. and after a while it fcking hurts, man.

Well, I guess that's a good way to look at life, in a way. Viewing those who care about you, or your future as having a more important opinion than others.

Probably not. I should be. I'm the last person to toot my own horn, but I've spent the last four years working my ars off with some pretty damn good results, hopefully grad school lined up, and an honors thesis that will (hopefully and plausibly, assuming things go well) be published. I've never been better positioned to achieve what I actually want, and yet I've probably never felt worse about my ability to accomplish it.

I hope you get it published and you do well, which I'm sure you'll do!
Solonkr~
I don't care about whether an ideology is "necessary" or not,
I care about how to solve problems,
which is what everyone else should also care about.

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY
MY SHIP SAILEY MUST SAIL"

SCREW THAT SHIZ #BANNIE = BAILEY & ANNIE

P.S. Shipped Sailey before it was cannon bitches.
bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/20/2015 1:20:58 AM
Are you emotionally secure? Do notice that you are easily influenced by what other's say about you, and do in relation to you?

No, and then yes.

No.

No, not particularly. I am confident in some areas, though.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/20/2015 12:46:45 PM

No, I'm not influenced by others in the least. I try not to hurt them, but other than that, I don't care, and am not influenced by them.

Yes, it's that one. I just don't want to be noticed. I live like a ninja

I'm a loner who keeps to myself, but I'm capable of being the center of attention, larger than life or approaching and talking to people. I'm confident.
ResponsiblyIrresponsible
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/20/2015 5:03:59 PM
At 12/20/2015 1:20:50 AM, ESocialBookworm wrote:
Given that I was linked to this in a PM, I assume that JMK wanted a response from me. Just a fore-warning so I'm not accused of attacking or passive-aggressively bishing at him.

You had absolutely zero right to publish that. That you didn't understand that is predictable, but nevertheless unacceptable.
~ResponsiblyIrresponsible

DDO's Economics Messiah
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/20/2015 9:32:21 PM
It doesn't matter how I feel about anything, the only one that really cares is me in the end. So ya I am emotionally secure. I don't need other peoples confirmation. Life goes on no matter how you feel or what happens to you.
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
Geogeer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/20/2015 10:10:43 PM

What do you mean by that? Are you judging me?

Not in the least, unless you think I should be. Should I be influenced? DDO really needs a like system so that I know if my comments are meeting with approval by others. The I would know whether people think it is better for me to be influenced or not.

I'm completely indifferent, except that I have a constant craving to know if they read what I posted and gave me a like. PS did I mention that I think DDO should have a like system?

I'm completely self-confident. I got all my participation ribbons framed and hung over my desk so that I know my participation is rewarded with acknowledgement and non-judgementalism. I also love attending team building seminars and political correctness.
ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/21/2015 1:19:33 AM
At 12/20/2015 5:03:59 PM, ResponsiblyIrresponsible wrote:

You had absolutely zero right to publish that. That you didn't understand that is predictable, but nevertheless unacceptable.

You sent the link to me. I assumed you wanted a response. The last time I spoke to you- the AMA thread- we know what happened. I was just putting a prelude, so I'm not accused of harrassing anyone.
Solonkr~

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY

lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/21/2015 4:20:16 AM

I'm influenced a lot by others and manipulated if desperate enough. It's a trait I despise and disgust.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
xXCryptoXx
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/21/2015 4:59:04 AM

I am decently emotionally secure. I have an anxiety problem, so I suppose in that sense I am not always emotionally secure. At times, I allow my anxiety to control my actions, but I am working past that. Socially, I am generally emotionally secure, but there are times when I am not.

I only allow people who have my respect to influence me.

I am not indifferent to people who I respect, but I am indifferent to people I do not respect.

Yes and no. Certain situations that cause me to feel anxious can really bring my self confidence down, but I would say I am generally a self confident person.
Nolite Timere
Rosalie
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/21/2015 6:08:37 AM

At 12/19/2015 6:17:58 PM, ResponsiblyIrresponsible wrote:

I don't know what to say to this, honestly. I mean, yeah, I don't think anyone would be okay with feeling used or expendable.

Who isn't?

Well, I guess that's a good way to look at life, in a way. Viewing those who care about you, or your future as having a more important opinion than others.

I hope you get it published and you do well, which I'm sure you'll do!

Wow Annie..
" We need more videos of cat's playing the piano on the internet" - My art professor.

"Criticism is easier to take when you realize that the only people who aren't criticized are those who don't take risks." - Donald Trump

Officially Mrs. 16Kadams 8-30-16
1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/21/2015 12:31:12 PM
At 12/21/2015 6:08:37 AM, Rosalie wrote:
Wow Annie..

Do you have something to say?
"It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here,
And I'm much obliged to you for making it clear - that I'm not here."

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/21/2015 1:53:48 PM
Wow Annie..
Did I say something wrong? Have I insulted him somehow?
Solonkr~

Ken~

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY

Rosalie
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/21/2015 2:01:21 PM
At 12/21/2015 12:31:12 PM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
Wow Annie..

Do you have something to say?

Heartfelt.
" We need more videos of cat's playing the piano on the internet" - My art professor.

"Criticism is easier to take when you realize that the only people who aren't criticized are those who don't take risks." - Donald Trump

Officially Mrs. 16Kadams 8-30-16
RyuuKyuzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/25/2015 4:15:01 AM
People think I'm arrogant, but I'm actually quite humble. What they don't understand is, were I to brag about myself as much as is warranted by how great I am, that's literally all I would ever talk about.

Which it is.
If you're reading this, you're awesome and you should feel awesome.