Total Posts:55|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

What was the best gift you got for Christmas?

Blade-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/26/2015 6:12:21 PM
Posted: 11 months ago
With Christmas now behind us, there is but one question that remains:

What'd ya get?!!

I think, for this year, the best gift I received was a surprise family cruise. We leave tomorrow for a 7 day cruise on Carnival cruise lines. We'll be stopping in Mexico, the Honduras, Belize, and then a private island owned by the cruise-line. I'm soooo pumped... but I'm also sooo pale so I'm already mentally preparing for a superb sun burn, lol.

How about you though, what'd you get that was the most awesome gift of the year?
Debate.org Deputy Vote Moderator
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
DDO Voting Guide: http://www.debate.org...
Need a judge on your debate? Nominate me! http://www.debate.org...
RyuuKyuzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/26/2015 8:41:35 PM
A 100lb heavy bag. Now I can practice my boxing skills anytime.
If you're reading this, you're awesome and you should feel awesome.
Blade-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/26/2015 9:48:26 PM
At 12/26/2015 6:19:29 PM, XLAV wrote:
Money

Lol, that's always a good gift!
Blade-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/26/2015 9:50:45 PM
At 12/26/2015 8:41:35 PM, RyuuKyuzo wrote:

That's awesome man. My dad is giving me his old punching bag because he just got a new one. I can't wait to set it up in my garage. Unfortunately I need to go and buy a stud-finder because it gets screwed into the wall and I don't trust drywall to hold up this bag, lol.

I didn't know there were others here who boxed as well. How long have you been doing it, and are there any other martial arts you practice or have practiced in the past?
RyuuKyuzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/26/2015 9:54:05 PM
At 12/26/2015 9:50:45 PM, Blade-of-Truth wrote:

That's awesome man. My dad is giving me his old punching bag because he just got a new one. I can't wait to set it up in my garage. Unfortunately I need to go and buy a stud-finder because it gets screwed into the wall and I don't trust drywall to hold up this bag, lol.

I didn't know there were others here who boxed as well. How long have you been doing it, and are there any other martial arts you practice or have practiced in the past?

My bag is free-standing, so it takes up a good bit of room, but I don't have to worry about it ripping my ceiling/wall out.

I'm new to boxing. Before this I did wrestling and aikido. I also compete in powerlifting, which isn't a martial art, but goddamn does it ever help with grappling.
Blade-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/27/2015 7:03:18 AM
At 12/26/2015 9:54:05 PM, RyuuKyuzo wrote:

My bag is free-standing, so it takes up a good bit of room, but I don't have to worry about it ripping my ceiling/wall out.

I'm new to boxing. Before this I did wrestling and aikido. I also compete in powerlifting, which isn't a martial art, but goddamn does it ever help with grappling.

Nice man. My dad was a wrestler throughout HS and College, and then taught local college students while in law school. I tried to get into it as a freshman in HS, but had to choose between track and wrestling and I chose track. My body type is ectomorph, so running was a better fit for me.

I did both Karate and Tae Kwon Do while in my youth, and then made the switch to boxing as a sophomore in HS. I've stuck with it ever since and even competed locally in the amateur league my senior year before college, but only get to the boxing gym when visiting family as I've yet to find a good one where I live.
ShabShoral
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/27/2015 12:35:33 PM
At 12/26/2015 6:12:21 PM, Blade-of-Truth wrote:

What'd ya get?!!

I think, for this year, the best gift I received was a surprise family cruise. We leave tomorrow for a 7 day cruise on Carnival cruise lines. We'll be stopping in Mexico, the Honduras, Belize, and then a private island owned by the cruise-line. I'm soooo pumped... but I'm also sooo pale so I'm already mentally preparing for a superb sun burn, lol.

How about you though, what'd you get that was the most awesome gift of the year?

Where in Mexico and where in Belize?

In addition to the previously mentioned stuff I bought, I got a Pentax k1000 camera (something that I've been wanting for a long time, actually).and what appears to be a Parker Duofold.

Plus my ridiculously rich and irresponsible cousin gave me a toggle coat and a double-breasted peacoat, both of which were in a wool-cashmere blend, which he had bought years ago but never wore. That was def. the most significant financially at least.
"This site is trash as a debate site. It's club penguin for dysfunctional adults."

~ Skepsikyma <3

"Your idea of good writing is like Spinoza mixed with Heidegger."

~ Dylly Dylly Cat Cat

"You seem to aspire to be a cross between a Jewish hipster, an old school WASP aristocrat, and a political iconoclast"

~ Thett the Mighty

"fvck omg ur face"

~ Liz
tajshar2k
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/27/2015 9:11:26 PM

What'd ya get?!!

Everything I got from my parents and relatives

The Lord of the Rings trilogy
Star Wars trilogy
Baseball glove
A SSD for my computer
Money
"In Guns We Trust" Tajshar2k
xXCryptoXx
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/28/2015 3:07:14 AM

What'd ya get?!!

Holy cow that is AWESOME!

1. I got the two pairs of shoes I wanted, and they are great!

2. I also got a Benedictine medal t-shirt which looks like this - https://www.google.com... gs_l=img.3...1396.8672.0.8944.25.16.0.9.4.0.118.1358.9j5.14.0....0...1ac.1.64.img..12.13.939.8vzMnVVFDQI#imgrc=wxQUL8LB__brDM%3A

Fun fact: I am currently undergoing the Catholic Sacrament of Confirmation, which is about a 6 month process. St. Benedict is my Confirmation Saint. That is his medal. If you are curious about what the markings on the medal mean, feel free to ask.

3. I got trail mix from New Mexico.

4. 15$ Itunes card

5. Portable speaker

6. A book called Aborting Aristotle: Examining the Fatal Fallacies in the Abortion Debate

7. A book called Truth Overruled: The Future of Marriage and Religious Freedom

Fun Fact: I posted a picture on Facebook of the two books I got with a caption saying that I was really excited to read them. The author of this book, Ryan Anderson, liked my photo. It was basically a whole other Christmas gift for me haha.

8. A Divine Mercy icon, which looks like this - https://www.google.com...

Overall it was an amazing Christmas!
Nolite Timere
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/28/2015 4:18:55 AM

What'd ya get?!!

Hard to decide. I got a few things so it's difficult to decide here.
Rules for Radicals by Saul D Alinsky
Free to Choose By Milton Friedman
Season 1 of House of Cards
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
zmikecuber
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/28/2015 4:57:39 AM

whats your big 3 personal records for powerlifting?
"Delete your fvcking sig" -1hard

"primal man had the habit, when he came into contact with fire, of satisfying the infantile desire connected with it, by putting it out with a stream of his urine... Putting out the fire by micturating was therefore a kind of sexual act with a male, an enjoyment of sexual potency in a homosexual competition."
Skepsikyma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/28/2015 4:59:59 AM

That's a superb gift. I highly regret the fact that it's illegal for me to enter Belize, as it seems like a beautiful country =\

My best gift was a Ferrero Rocher the size of a softball.

https://s.yimg.com...
"The Collectivist experiment is thoroughly suited (in appearance at least) to the Capitalist society which it proposes to replace. It works with the existing machinery of Capitalism, talks and thinks in the existing terms of Capitalism, appeals to just those appetites which Capitalism has aroused, and ridicules as fantastic and unheard-of just those things in society the memory of which Capitalism has killed among men wherever the blight of it has spread."
- Hilaire Belloc -
bballcrook21
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/28/2015 5:25:48 AM
My parents always give me terrible gifts.

As in, they always say "You having a roof over your head is gift enough".

I got a PS3 for Christmas last year. That was a good gift for the couple of months I played it. Then I fixed my computer and now I don't use it anymore.
If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert, in 5 years there'd be a shortage of sand. - Friedman

Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself. -Friedman

Nothing is so permanent as a temporary government program. - Friedman

Society will never be free until the last Democrat is strangled with the entrails of the last Communist.
RyuuKyuzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/28/2015 11:33:48 AM
At 12/28/2015 4:57:39 AM, zmikecuber wrote:

505/345/545 @185
zmikecuber
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/28/2015 1:37:39 PM
At 12/28/2015 11:33:48 AM, RyuuKyuzo wrote:

505/345/545 @185

Damn. Any advice to me on how to get stronger?

"primal man had the habit, when he came into contact with fire, of satisfying the infantile desire connected with it, by putting it out with a stream of his urine... Putting out the fire by micturating was therefore a kind of sexual act with a male, an enjoyment of sexual potency in a homosexual competition."
RyuuKyuzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/28/2015 6:40:38 PM
At 12/28/2015 1:37:39 PM, zmikecuber wrote:

505/345/545 @185

Yes, get a lot of volume work in between 70-85% intensity and really focus on bar-speed.
johnlubba
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/30/2015 1:15:35 PM

What'd ya get?!!

Happy for you, Enjoy!
johnlubba
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/30/2015 1:19:06 PM
At 12/28/2015 5:25:48 AM, bballcrook21 wrote:

We have the same parents?

I got a PS3 for Christmas last year. That was a good gift for the couple of months I played it. Then I fixed my computer and now I don't use it anymore.

What would you like for Christmas?

I
cybertron1998
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/30/2015 3:00:10 PM

What'd ya get?!!

My Xbox One that Came with the Master Chief Collection. I also got a hard copy of halo 5 but thats not the best part. I'm finding that all of the games I'm buying have extras, but pretty sizeable ones at that. For one the master chief collection has every halo game minus reach. Also just the other day I bought Fallout 4 which comes with a download for Fallout 3, Just Cause 3 with a download for Just Cause 2, and The Saints Row IV collectors edition which comes with all the DLC's and the stand alone: Gat Outta Hell. The cherry on top is though, is that all of these games also have exclusive download codes.

So I'd say thats a pretty good gift
Epsilon: There are so many stories where some brave hero decides to give their life to save the day, and because of their sacrifice, the good guys win, the survivors all cheer, and everybody lives happily ever after. But the hero... never gets to see that ending. They'll never know if their sacrifice actually made a difference. They'll never know if the day was really saved. In the end, they just have to have faith.
bballcrook21
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/30/2015 4:11:37 PM
At 12/30/2015 1:19:06 PM, johnlubba wrote:

I

I would like to either get a new computer, maybe get a PS4, or a couple of books.
If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert, in 5 years there'd be a shortage of sand. - Friedman

Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself. -Friedman

Society will never be free until the last Democrat is strangled with the entrails of the last Communist.
zmikecuber
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/30/2015 8:15:52 PM
At 12/28/2015 6:40:38 PM, RyuuKyuzo wrote:
At 12/28/2015 1:37:39 PM, zmikecuber wrote:

505/345/545 @185

Yes, get a lot of volume work in between 70-85% intensity and really focus on bar-speed.

Ok. What about diet? Should I try and just bulk up and eat whatever and get big but also fat, or should I focus more on a clean bulk diet? I mean, like, for powerlifting, which is preferable?

thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/30/2015 8:37:13 PM
I got an incomplete Bowie knife. It was just the metal part of the knife, we're going to make the wooden handle and the sheath as a project
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
GirlyPianist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/31/2015 1:32:56 AM

What'd ya get?!!

Woahhh that's awesome haha
Hope you're having funnn!

Whale I don't celebrate Christmas :c , BUTT I demand gifts cause most of my friends do~

The most awesome would be the bracelet x) It's so beautiful. Didn't take it off since.
johnlubba
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/31/2015 7:23:21 AM
At 12/30/2015 4:11:37 PM, bballcrook21 wrote:

I

I would like to either get a new computer, maybe get a PS4, or a couple of books.

How much is the PS3,
bballcrook21
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/31/2015 4:09:20 PM
At 12/31/2015 7:23:21 AM, johnlubba wrote:

I

How much is the PS3,

It was around 200 when I got it.

The-Voice-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/1/2016 3:59:48 AM

What'd ya get?!!

Well, I never ask for much, so everyone just kinda wings it for me, so I got:

1) Guitar Hero Live -- best
2) Clothes (which is actually a good thing to get me if you know me well; flannels and plaid and button-downs 4 dayz).
3) Money
4) Other miscellaneous stuff like gift cards and candy
5) Books -- you can never have too many books
6) To shoot a variety of handguns
7) Poison Ivy
Suh dude

"Because we all know who the most important snowflake in the wasteland is... It's YOU, champ! You're a special snowflake." -Vaarka, 01:30 in the hangouts

"Screw laying siege to Korea. That usually takes an hour or so." -Vaarka

"Crap, what is my religion again?" -Vaarka

I'm Rick Harrison and this is my pawn shop. I work here with my old man and my son, Big Hoss, and in 23 years I've learned one thing. You never know what is gonna come through that door.
johnlubba
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/1/2016 7:20:57 AM
At 12/31/2015 4:09:20 PM, bballcrook21 wrote:

I

How much is the PS3,

Pm me your details if you have a western union or bank I will transfer you 100 dollars, maybe you could get yourself the books. :)
bballcrook21
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/1/2016 7:30:58 AM
At 1/1/2016 7:20:57 AM, johnlubba wrote:

I

How much is the PS3,

Pm me your details if you have a western union or bank I will transfer you 100 dollars, maybe you could get yourself the books. :)

That's extremely kind of you, but I would never be able to ask someone for 100 dollars (or whatever currency you use).

Thank you so much for such a kind offer though.

johnlubba
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/3/2016 7:11:23 AM
At 1/1/2016 7:30:58 AM, bballcrook21 wrote:
At 1/1/2016 7:20:57 AM, johnlubba wrote:

I

How much is the PS3,

That's extremely kind of you, but I would never be able to ask someone for 100 dollars (or whatever currency you use).

Thank you so much for such a kind offer though.

I must admit, I feel creepy doing this, but over that, I just want to do something nice for someone, as people have also in the past done nice things for me and maybe this type of thing is contagious, and in turn you will carry over the trait, ( Not that I am assuming you don't already have it ) plus I need to cleanse my Karma, so you would actually be doing me a favour.
My currency is English pounds, I would be happy to order the books online and have them sent to you, All I need is your address or mailbox and the title of the books you want, I really honestly don't mind, as I said I feel compelled to do this as my Karma needs a little balancing out.

Just pm me the book and an address to send them to.

Regards.