Total Posts:22|Showing Posts:1-22
Jump to topic:

bballcrook21 Honest Opinion/AMA

bballcrook21
Posts: 4,468
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/27/2015 7:44:15 PM
Posted: 11 months ago
Everyone's doing it, so I thought I would as well.
If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert, in 5 years there'd be a shortage of sand. - Friedman

Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself. -Friedman

Nothing is so permanent as a temporary government program. - Friedman

Society will never be free until the last Democrat is strangled with the entrails of the last Communist.
tajshar2k
Posts: 2,385
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/27/2015 9:09:47 PM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/27/2015 7:44:15 PM, bballcrook21 wrote:
Everyone's doing it, so I thought I would as well.

Honest opinion?
"In Guns We Trust" Tajshar2k
tajshar2k
Posts: 2,385
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/27/2015 10:15:52 PM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/27/2015 7:44:15 PM, bballcrook21 wrote:
Everyone's doing it, so I thought I would as well.

?
"In Guns We Trust" Tajshar2k
bballcrook21
Posts: 4,468
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/27/2015 11:15:38 PM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/27/2015 9:09:47 PM, tajshar2k wrote:
At 12/27/2015 7:44:15 PM, bballcrook21 wrote:
Everyone's doing it, so I thought I would as well.

Honest opinion?

Sorry I responded so late, I was on EU4 trying to colonize all of North America as Spain, and trying to juggle a war with France and Morocco.

Nonetheless, I've known you for a couple of months. I'm not one to get sentimental, so I won't, but I will talk objectively. You've always been someone I could relate to in some way, since we are similar in age and in ideas. You're a very intelligent debater, and you have a better debating record than I do (at least that's how I see it). I've talked to you quite frequently in the past couple of weeks (about 1.5 months now). It's always good to see intelligent and well-rounded young individuals - makes you lose faith in humanity at a lesser rate than before.
If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert, in 5 years there'd be a shortage of sand. - Friedman

Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself. -Friedman

Nothing is so permanent as a temporary government program. - Friedman

Society will never be free until the last Democrat is strangled with the entrails of the last Communist.
tajshar2k
Posts: 2,385
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/27/2015 11:46:59 PM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/27/2015 11:15:38 PM, bballcrook21 wrote:
At 12/27/2015 9:09:47 PM, tajshar2k wrote:
At 12/27/2015 7:44:15 PM, bballcrook21 wrote:
Everyone's doing it, so I thought I would as well.

Honest opinion?

Sorry I responded so late, I was on EU4 trying to colonize all of North America as Spain, and trying to juggle a war with France and Morocco.

Nonetheless, I've known you for a couple of months. I'm not one to get sentimental, so I won't, but I will talk objectively. You've always been someone I could relate to in some way, since we are similar in age and in ideas. You're a very intelligent debater, and you have a better debating record than I do (at least that's how I see it). I've talked to you quite frequently in the past couple of weeks (about 1.5 months now). It's always good to see intelligent and well-rounded young individuals - makes you lose faith in humanity at a lesser rate than before.

Thanks
"In Guns We Trust" Tajshar2k
mc9
Posts: 1,049
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/27/2015 11:50:24 PM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/27/2015 7:44:15 PM, bballcrook21 wrote:
Everyone's doing it, so I thought I would as well.

Honest opinion of me?

Political ideology?

Economic system

Would you rather live in an anarchist or totalarian world?
bballcrook21
Posts: 4,468
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/28/2015 12:03:27 AM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/27/2015 11:50:24 PM, mc9 wrote:
At 12/27/2015 7:44:15 PM, bballcrook21 wrote:
Everyone's doing it, so I thought I would as well.

Honest opinion of me?

Political ideology?

Economic system

Would you rather live in an anarchist or totalarian world?

I'll answer all 4, but not in the exact order.

First, I am a Libertarian. My favorite economic system is free market Capitalism, basically the way envisioned by Mises, Hayek, and Friedman.

I would rather live in anarchy than in a totalitarian world for sure.

As for honest opinion; I can't really give one too detailed. We've interacted quite often recently, on both group messages and forums. From what I've seen, we disagree on most issues. I don't really know you well enough to make an honest judgement, but you are a good member; I can tell you that much.
If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert, in 5 years there'd be a shortage of sand. - Friedman

Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself. -Friedman

Nothing is so permanent as a temporary government program. - Friedman

Society will never be free until the last Democrat is strangled with the entrails of the last Communist.
mc9
Posts: 1,049
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/28/2015 12:51:01 AM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/28/2015 12:03:27 AM, bballcrook21 wrote:
At 12/27/2015 11:50:24 PM, mc9 wrote:
At 12/27/2015 7:44:15 PM, bballcrook21 wrote:
Everyone's doing it, so I thought I would as well.

Honest opinion of me?

Political ideology?

Economic system

Would you rather live in an anarchist or totalarian world?

I'll answer all 4, but not in the exact order.

First, I am a Libertarian. My favorite economic system is free market Capitalism, basically the way envisioned by Mises, Hayek, and Friedman.

I would rather live in anarchy than in a totalitarian world for sure.

As for honest opinion; I can't really give one too detailed. We've interacted quite often recently, on both group messages and forums. From what I've seen, we disagree on most issues. I don't really know you well enough to make an honest judgement, but you are a good member; I can tell you that much.

Thanks but I have never been in a group pm and I don't actually remember interacting a lot though I do,remember some
TheProphett
Posts: 520
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/28/2015 4:23:56 AM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/27/2015 7:44:15 PM, bballcrook21 wrote:
Everyone's doing it, so I thought I would as well.

Honest opinion you capitalist pig.
Topics I would like to debate: https://docs.google.com...

Epic Quotes:

She's a cunning linguist, but I'm a master debater - Austin Powers


Economic Forum Revival Co-Leader

If you are interested in starting a political journal for the site, please contact me.
bballcrook21
Posts: 4,468
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/28/2015 4:56:25 AM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/28/2015 4:23:56 AM, TheProphett wrote:
At 12/27/2015 7:44:15 PM, bballcrook21 wrote:
Everyone's doing it, so I thought I would as well.

Honest opinion you capitalist pig.

The first time we talked, we weren't on the best terms, but that has improved drastically. We share a common interest in economics, and I wish I had more time to put into the economic revival that you were doing. I don't have too many direct interactions with people on ddo outside of forums, so I can't judge too much, but I can definitely say that you are a very intelligent person. Like I said for Tajshar2k, people such as yourself make me lose less hope in humanity.

I still lose hope though, just less.

There you go, ya filthy animal.
If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert, in 5 years there'd be a shortage of sand. - Friedman

Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself. -Friedman

Nothing is so permanent as a temporary government program. - Friedman

Society will never be free until the last Democrat is strangled with the entrails of the last Communist.
Maikuru
Posts: 9,112
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/28/2015 4:57:29 AM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/27/2015 7:44:15 PM, bballcrook21 wrote:
Everyone's doing it, so I thought I would as well.

Survivorman or Man vs. Wild?
"You assume I wouldn't want to burn this whole place to the ground."
- lamerde

https://i.imgflip.com...
bballcrook21
Posts: 4,468
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/28/2015 4:59:05 AM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/28/2015 4:57:29 AM, Maikuru wrote:
At 12/27/2015 7:44:15 PM, bballcrook21 wrote:
Everyone's doing it, so I thought I would as well.

Survivorman or Man vs. Wild?

I love Bear Grylls. Man vs. Wild without a doubt.
If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert, in 5 years there'd be a shortage of sand. - Friedman

Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself. -Friedman

Nothing is so permanent as a temporary government program. - Friedman

Society will never be free until the last Democrat is strangled with the entrails of the last Communist.
Maikuru
Posts: 9,112
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/28/2015 5:00:40 AM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/28/2015 4:59:05 AM, bballcrook21 wrote:
At 12/28/2015 4:57:29 AM, Maikuru wrote:
At 12/27/2015 7:44:15 PM, bballcrook21 wrote:
Everyone's doing it, so I thought I would as well.

Survivorman or Man vs. Wild?

I love Bear Grylls. Man vs. Wild without a doubt.

That is outrageous.

1. What was your favorite video game? What makes for a good video game?

2. What is your dream profession, regardless of the current feasibility?

3. What is your favorite memory?

4. If you could have one super power, what would it be?
"You assume I wouldn't want to burn this whole place to the ground."
- lamerde

https://i.imgflip.com...
bballcrook21
Posts: 4,468
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/28/2015 5:09:55 AM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/28/2015 5:00:40 AM, Maikuru wrote:
At 12/28/2015 4:59:05 AM, bballcrook21 wrote:
At 12/28/2015 4:57:29 AM, Maikuru wrote:
At 12/27/2015 7:44:15 PM, bballcrook21 wrote:
Everyone's doing it, so I thought I would as well.

Survivorman or Man vs. Wild?

I love Bear Grylls. Man vs. Wild without a doubt.

That is outrageous.

1. What was your favorite video game? What makes for a good video game?

My favorite video games are League of Legends, Civilization V, and Europa Universalis 4. If the game is strategy, and has lots of expansive room, then It's good in my eyes.


2. What is your dream profession, regardless of the current feasibility?

Dream profession would have to be businessman. Either I manage a company, or maybe hedge funds. Other than that, it would have to be Lawyer or Politician.


3. What is your favorite memory?

I don't think I have one. I don't really do a lot outside of my house, as in I don't like vacationing and the sort. Probably winning some awards at MUN.


4. If you could have one super power, what would it be?

Omnipotence.
If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert, in 5 years there'd be a shortage of sand. - Friedman

Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself. -Friedman

Nothing is so permanent as a temporary government program. - Friedman

Society will never be free until the last Democrat is strangled with the entrails of the last Communist.
bballcrook21
Posts: 4,468
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/28/2015 5:10:26 AM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/28/2015 5:09:55 AM, bballcrook21 wrote:
At 12/28/2015 5:00:40 AM, Maikuru wrote:
At 12/28/2015 4:59:05 AM, bballcrook21 wrote:
At 12/28/2015 4:57:29 AM, Maikuru wrote:
At 12/27/2015 7:44:15 PM, bballcrook21 wrote:
Everyone's doing it, so I thought I would as well.

Survivorman or Man vs. Wild?

I love Bear Grylls. Man vs. Wild without a doubt.

That is outrageous.

1. What was your favorite video game? What makes for a good video game?

My favorite video games are League of Legends, Civilization V, and Europa Universalis 4. If the game is strategy, and has lots of expansive room, then It's good in my eyes.


2. What is your dream profession, regardless of the current feasibility?

Dream profession would have to be businessman. Either I manage a company, or maybe hedge funds. Other than that, it would have to be Lawyer or Politician.


3. What is your favorite memory?

I don't think I have one. I don't really do a lot outside of my house, as in I don't like vacationing and the sort. Probably winning some awards at MUN.


4. If you could have one super power, what would it be?

Omnipotence.

Actually wait, my super power would be forcing people to vote on my debates.
If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert, in 5 years there'd be a shortage of sand. - Friedman

Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself. -Friedman

Nothing is so permanent as a temporary government program. - Friedman

Society will never be free until the last Democrat is strangled with the entrails of the last Communist.
Wylted
Posts: 21,167
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/1/2016 4:41:31 AM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/27/2015 7:44:15 PM, bballcrook21 wrote:
Everyone's doing it, so I thought I would as well.

Honest opinion. I like asking people I have no history with
The-Voice-of-Truth
Posts: 6,573
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/1/2016 4:52:02 AM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/27/2015 7:44:15 PM, bballcrook21 wrote:
Everyone's doing it, so I thought I would as well.

Hmm. #LetsGoForIt

Honest opinion, bitte.
Suh dude

"Because we all know who the most important snowflake in the wasteland is... It's YOU, champ! You're a special snowflake." -Vaarka, 01:30 in the hangouts

"Screw laying siege to Korea. That usually takes an hour or so." -Vaarka

"Crap, what is my religion again?" -Vaarka

I'm Rick Harrison and this is my pawn shop. I work here with my old man and my son, Big Hoss, and in 23 years I've learned one thing. You never know what is gonna come through that door.
bballcrook21
Posts: 4,468
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/1/2016 4:54:14 AM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 1/1/2016 4:41:31 AM, Wylted wrote:
At 12/27/2015 7:44:15 PM, bballcrook21 wrote:
Everyone's doing it, so I thought I would as well.

Honest opinion. I like asking people I have no history with

I gotta say, everytime it says "Wylted replied..." I get super happy, because I know it will always be in agreement, or at least most of the time. I voted for you to be DDO President, you're an admirable person, and I'm very glad you're on this site.
If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert, in 5 years there'd be a shortage of sand. - Friedman

Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself. -Friedman

Nothing is so permanent as a temporary government program. - Friedman

Society will never be free until the last Democrat is strangled with the entrails of the last Communist.
Wylted
Posts: 21,167
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/1/2016 4:55:05 AM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 1/1/2016 4:54:14 AM, bballcrook21 wrote:
At 1/1/2016 4:41:31 AM, Wylted wrote:
At 12/27/2015 7:44:15 PM, bballcrook21 wrote:
Everyone's doing it, so I thought I would as well.

Honest opinion. I like asking people I have no history with

I gotta say, everytime it says "Wylted replied..." I get super happy, because I know it will always be in agreement, or at least most of the time. I voted for you to be DDO President, you're an admirable person, and I'm very glad you're on this site.

(:
bballcrook21
Posts: 4,468
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/1/2016 4:57:12 AM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 1/1/2016 4:52:02 AM, The-Voice-of-Truth wrote:
At 12/27/2015 7:44:15 PM, bballcrook21 wrote:
Everyone's doing it, so I thought I would as well.

Hmm. #LetsGoForIt

Honest opinion, bitte.

Like most people on this site, I don't interact with you outside of ddo, so there isn't much for me with which I can formulate a cohesive opinion. I do find you to be responsible, as you've done a lot of work/help for our group. You're also quite knowledgeable, and very active on the forums, which is certainly helpful, since we are most of the time in agreement.
If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert, in 5 years there'd be a shortage of sand. - Friedman

Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself. -Friedman

Nothing is so permanent as a temporary government program. - Friedman

Society will never be free until the last Democrat is strangled with the entrails of the last Communist.
Rosalie
Posts: 4,628
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/1/2016 8:35:11 AM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/27/2015 7:44:15 PM, bballcrook21 wrote:
Everyone's doing it, so I thought I would as well.

Honest opinion....

Faviorte band/artist?

Faviorte author and or book?

Dream job?

Fears?
" We need more videos of cat's playing the piano on the internet" - My art professor.

"Criticism is easier to take when you realize that the only people who aren't criticized are those who don't take risks." - Donald Trump
bballcrook21
Posts: 4,468
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/1/2016 8:56:12 AM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 1/1/2016 8:35:11 AM, Rosalie wrote:
At 12/27/2015 7:44:15 PM, bballcrook21 wrote:
Everyone's doing it, so I thought I would as well.

Honest opinion....

You're the only person from DDO other than Solon that I have added on social media. What I most enjoy about our conversations is that you do not instigate, and you are open to other opinions, which are great characteristics. You're also the most reasonable feminist I've met to this day, which is a feat. Nonetheless, you've done well in debates, and you have a good debating record, which further proves any notion of intelligence. You also add a lot more flair to the conversations in the google hangouts.


Faviorte band/artist?

Favorite artist is Hanz Zimmer.


Faviorte author and or book?

Favorite author is Milton Friedman, favorite book is The Road to Serfdom.


Dream job?

CEO


Fears?

Government and the will of the mostly unintelligent masses.
If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert, in 5 years there'd be a shortage of sand. - Friedman

Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself. -Friedman

Nothing is so permanent as a temporary government program. - Friedman

Society will never be free until the last Democrat is strangled with the entrails of the last Communist.