Jump to topic:

New Year Mini-Rant

1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/1/2016 11:07:37 PM
Posted: 11 months ago
With the New Year comes promises for change, and for me the same old sh!t that makes me dislike human interaction has started in my very first few interactions. If literally trying to find spots in the house where people will not find me does not deter them from going out of their way to be complete douchebags, a New Year resolution won't change sh!t. So fvck the meaningless celebration if I'm not allowed yet to drown people out with copious amounts of alcohol.

Has someone already been a cunt in your day?
"It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here,
And I'm much obliged to you for making it clear - that I'm not here."

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
Rosalie
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/1/2016 11:16:07 PM
At 1/1/2016 11:07:37 PM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
With the New Year comes promises for change, and for me the same old sh!t that makes me dislike human interaction has started in my very first few interactions. If literally trying to find spots in the house where people will not find me does not deter them from going out of their way to be complete douchebags, a New Year resolution won't change sh!t. So fvck the meaningless celebration if I'm not allowed yet to drown people out with copious amounts of alcohol.

Lol...wasn't your resolution to stop using the word "cunt"?.
" We need more videos of cat's playing the piano on the internet" - My art professor.

"Criticism is easier to take when you realize that the only people who aren't criticized are those who don't take risks." - Donald Trump

Officially Mrs. 16Kadams 8-30-16
1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/1/2016 11:20:35 PM
At 1/1/2016 11:16:07 PM, Rosalie wrote:

No. You mistook that as my resolution because it was my resolution last year to tell people to fvck off and that they're cunts less often - and someone who I don't have a good relationship with replied to that 12 month old forum post a couple weeks ago to make a less-than-appreciated comment. So you might've seen that from last year. But this year I'm a bit less likely to hold back in telling people to fvck off and the like due to certain lack of action in moderation.

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
bballcrook21
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/2/2016 7:12:12 AM
At 1/1/2016 11:20:35 PM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:

No. You mistook that as my resolution because it was my resolution last year to tell people to fvck off and that they're cunts less often - and someone who I don't have a good relationship with replied to that 12 month old forum post a couple weeks ago to make a less-than-appreciated comment. So you might've seen that from last year. But this year I'm a bit less likely to hold back in telling people to fvck off and the like due to certain lack of action in moderation.

Can you link me to that comment? I want to read it.
If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert, in 5 years there'd be a shortage of sand. - Friedman

Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself. -Friedman

Nothing is so permanent as a temporary government program. - Friedman

Society will never be free until the last Democrat is strangled with the entrails of the last Communist.
1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/2/2016 7:13:12 AM
At 1/2/2016 7:12:12 AM, bballcrook21 wrote:
At 1/1/2016 11:20:35 PM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:

Can you link me to that comment? I want to read it.

No

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
bballcrook21
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/2/2016 8:06:58 AM

Have you ever thought of going to a counselor or something? Maybe talking to them about it? They may just be reacting after all.

Then again, I don't know all the details.
If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert, in 5 years there'd be a shortage of sand. - Friedman

Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself. -Friedman

Nothing is so permanent as a temporary government program. - Friedman

Society will never be free until the last Democrat is strangled with the entrails of the last Communist.
Philocat
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/2/2016 2:36:12 PM
At 1/2/2016 2:05:03 PM, XLAV wrote:
I thought Canadians were nice.

At the beginning of time, Canadians poured all their hate and malice into the Canadian Goose. Kinda like Sauron.

Hence why Canadians are nice but Canadian geese are heartless bastards.
Vox_Veritas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/2/2016 2:45:10 PM

I am fairly sure he doesn't live in Nunavut.
Call me Vox, the Resident Contrarian of debate.org.

The DDO Blog:
https://debatedotorg.wordpress.com...

#drinkthecoffeenotthekoolaid
RyuuKyuzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/2/2016 11:50:40 PM
At 1/2/2016 2:36:12 PM, Philocat wrote:

At the beginning of time, Canadians poured all their hate and malice into the Canadian Goose. Kinda like Sauron.

Hence why Canadians are nice but Canadian geese are heartless bastards.

You, my friend, are well-versed in Canadian lore.
If you're reading this, you're awesome and you should feel awesome.
Maikuru
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/3/2016 4:42:07 AM

From what I understand, Canadians are polite, Americans are friendly.
"You assume I wouldn't want to burn this whole place to the ground."
- lamerde

https://i.imgflip.com...
Maikuru
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/3/2016 4:46:28 AM

The day will come when you can determine who can be in your company. Until then, try your best to remember that the words of others only matter if the people themselves matter to you. Also, seeking counseling or guidance from trained professionals is often advisable when living situations become uncomfortable or abusive.
"You assume I wouldn't want to burn this whole place to the ground."
- lamerde

https://i.imgflip.com...
Buddamoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/3/2016 5:00:41 AM
At 1/3/2016 4:42:07 AM, Maikuru wrote:

From what I understand, Canadians are polite, Americans are friendly.

Bruh, stop giving us Americans a bad name, we have a rep to maintain as egotistical pricks after all
"Reality is an illusion created due to a lack of alcohol"
-Airmax1227

"You were the moon all this time, and he was always there to make you shine."

"Was he the sun?"

"No honey, he was the darkness"

-Kazekirion