Total Posts:10|Showing Posts:1-10
Jump to topic:

What political ideology do you think I am?

YYW
Posts: 36,234
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/4/2016 11:12:01 PM
Posted: 11 months ago
What do you think my views on the major issues are? Why?

(My mind may have changed since I did my major issues on my profile.)
ESocialBookworm
Posts: 14,350
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/4/2016 11:21:07 PM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 1/4/2016 11:12:01 PM, YYW wrote:
What do you think my views on the major issues are?
You DGAF

Why?
Because You DGAF

(My mind may have changed since I did my major issues on my profile.)
Solonkr~
I don't care about whether an ideology is "necessary" or not,
I care about how to solve problems,
which is what everyone else should also care about.

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY
MY SHIP SAILEY MUST SAIL"

SCREW THAT SHIZ #BANNIE = BAILEY & ANNIE

P.S. Shipped Sailey before it was cannon bitches.
FourTrouble
Posts: 12,757
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/4/2016 11:44:12 PM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 1/4/2016 11:12:01 PM, YYW wrote:
What do you think my views on the major issues are?

I couldn't say your specific view on every issue, but I'd say your views are generally liberal, pragmatic, and cynical...

Why?

Because you value logic over tradition, and pleasure over stoicism.
Vox_Veritas
Posts: 7,065
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/4/2016 11:51:53 PM
Posted: 11 months ago
You are very vocally Liberal; you tend to assume that Right-wing politicians are idiots by default and a bunch of liars who continually sabotage America and that Left-wing politicians are great omniscient statesmen who ought to be shown much more respect than they are. You have an extremely biased view of the world and you are incredibly uncompromising on any issue (you are also incredibly unlikely to ever look at the other side's perspective with an open mind) though you are fairly conservative on perhaps one or two issues.
Call me Vox, the Resident Contrarian of debate.org.

The DDO Blog:
https://debatedotorg.wordpress.com...

#drinkthecoffeenotthekoolaid
YYW
Posts: 36,234
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2016 2:46:08 AM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 1/4/2016 11:51:53 PM, Vox_Veritas wrote:
You are very vocally Liberal; you tend to assume that Right-wing politicians are idiots by default and a bunch of liars who continually sabotage America and that Left-wing politicians are great omniscient statesmen who ought to be shown much more respect than they are. You have an extremely biased view of the world and you are incredibly uncompromising on any issue (you are also incredibly unlikely to ever look at the other side's perspective with an open mind) though you are fairly conservative on perhaps one or two issues.

That's an incredibly inaccurate characterization of where I stand, what I think, and why.
Vox_Veritas
Posts: 7,065
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2016 2:46:45 AM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 1/5/2016 2:46:08 AM, YYW wrote:
At 1/4/2016 11:51:53 PM, Vox_Veritas wrote:
You are very vocally Liberal; you tend to assume that Right-wing politicians are idiots by default and a bunch of liars who continually sabotage America and that Left-wing politicians are great omniscient statesmen who ought to be shown much more respect than they are. You have an extremely biased view of the world and you are incredibly uncompromising on any issue (you are also incredibly unlikely to ever look at the other side's perspective with an open mind) though you are fairly conservative on perhaps one or two issues.

That's an incredibly inaccurate characterization of where I stand, what I think, and why.

That's what I've observed, anyway.
Call me Vox, the Resident Contrarian of debate.org.

The DDO Blog:
https://debatedotorg.wordpress.com...

#drinkthecoffeenotthekoolaid
Vox_Veritas
Posts: 7,065
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2016 2:50:14 AM
Posted: 11 months ago
This isn't really meant to insult you though. I still think that you are very intelligent and I hope that you become more open-minded in the future.
Call me Vox, the Resident Contrarian of debate.org.

The DDO Blog:
https://debatedotorg.wordpress.com...

#drinkthecoffeenotthekoolaid
YYW
Posts: 36,234
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2016 2:58:12 AM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 1/5/2016 2:46:45 AM, Vox_Veritas wrote:
At 1/5/2016 2:46:08 AM, YYW wrote:
At 1/4/2016 11:51:53 PM, Vox_Veritas wrote:
You are very vocally Liberal;

This is correct, but I'm also vocally conservative on a lot of issues.

you tend to assume that Right-wing politicians are idiots by default

In general, I'm a pretty sharp critic of most politicians except a very select few democrats and some republicans (e.g. Obama, Chris Christie, etc.), although I'm critical even of the ones I like.

I also don't "assume" anything about politicians; I look at what they do, and make evaluations based on their actions.

and a bunch of liars who continually sabotage America and that

I've only said that about tea bagging zealots, and Ted Cruz.

Left-wing politicians are great omniscient statesmen who ought to be shown much more respect than they are.

That's just not the case either. I have been sharply critical of Obama, Clinton, Sanders, etc. on many issues. Although, I have been probably less critical of Sanders than any other left wing politician.

You have an extremely biased view of the world and you are incredibly uncompromising on any issue (you are also incredibly unlikely to ever look at the other side's perspective with an open mind) though you are fairly conservative on perhaps one or two issues.

The language in this sentence is what I take issue with. Adjectives like "extremely" are specious, and the fact is that I understand how Republicans think better than Republicans do. I know their policy points inside and out; I could write their speeches for them... but I don't.

The only thing that you could reasonably say here is that I am probably the most cynical person you'll meet. The most consistent themes of my political beliefs are this:

1. Preservation of Human Welfare, and utilization of human capital
2. Individual economic freedom and security
3. Anti-corporatism
4. American geopolitical dominance of all other countries

That's an incredibly inaccurate characterization of where I stand, what I think, and why.

That's what I've observed, anyway.

lol then you haven't been very observant
tejretics
Posts: 6,080
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2016 10:37:16 AM
Posted: 11 months ago
I'd say you're somewhere around the center-left. I can't really put it into terms such as "liberal" and "conservative," but you're pragmatic and somewhat pessimistic about politics in itself. You seem to hold your views simply based on practicality and immaculate logic, as opposed to strict, personal beliefs. (For instance, many people are in favor of an issue such as abortion because they have a firm personal belief in "women's bodily rights," and you'd be the kind of person who'd be in favor of abortion sheerly because of cost/benefit analysis and practical analysis; that's just an example.)
"Where justice is denied, where poverty is enforced, where ignorance prevails, and where any one class is made to feel that society is an organized conspiracy to oppress, rob and degrade them, neither persons nor property will be safe." - Frederick Douglass
YYW
Posts: 36,234
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2016 2:39:21 PM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 1/5/2016 10:37:16 AM, tejretics wrote:
I'd say you're somewhere around the center-left. I can't really put it into terms such as "liberal" and "conservative," but you're pragmatic and somewhat pessimistic about politics in itself. You seem to hold your views simply based on practicality and immaculate logic, as opposed to strict, personal beliefs. (For instance, many people are in favor of an issue such as abortion because they have a firm personal belief in "women's bodily rights," and you'd be the kind of person who'd be in favor of abortion sheerly because of cost/benefit analysis and practical analysis; that's just an example.)

Well put.