Jump to topic:

University Registrars Are Fcking Incompetent

ResponsiblyIrresponsible
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/21/2016 12:05:12 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
I may have more on this later. Hopefully this story has a happy ending. If not, you're going to see a rant like no other--one that makes El Chapo look like an innocent girl scout in comparison.

The worst part is, evidently students manage the "general inquiry" e-mail. Anonymity has always been an accessory to lamentable incompetence. This arshole better make damned sure I never find out who he is. Should that happen, I'll make his life a living fcking hell.
~ResponsiblyIrresponsible

DDO's Economics Messiah
ResponsiblyIrresponsible
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/21/2016 12:19:39 PM
Here's an abridged, passive-aggressive version of the rant I've considered writing:

When I--and the chair of the department, professor of the course, and precedent--give you explicit instructions, I expect you to execute in accordance with them. I can understand how this might be particularly difficult for the ill-equipped and the mentally incompetent, but if you're being paid to man an e-mail system, I expect you to be able to fcking read. Otherwise, I'm embarrassed that we're even associated with the same university. (I knew I should've gone to fcking Harvard!)

Now, misunderstandings happen. If you're doing your job, they should be relatively infrequent and short-lived. You should own up to your mistake, apologize, and immediately correct the error. If you deflect blame onto the STUDENT who can provide you with a fcking e-mail chain that anyone capable of passing middle-school English is capable of understanding--i.e., I intentionally used really small words--you're a particularly malicious bastard, and your employment should be immediately terminated.

But that's exactly it: wait 24 hours, proceed to fck up--repeating the same mistake for the upteenth time--and then insinuating that I "wasn't clear."

No, it's written in black and fcking white. If you find the English language unclear, perhaps you should consider a job in the Trump Administration building his giant fcking wall. You can't exactly fck that up.

Natural selection exists and is a very, very good thing. It ensures at least some degree of society is organized by way of a meritocracy. There are unfortunately far too many social institutions with embedded biases, explicit or implicit, for well-connected people notwithstanding their abilities, or in most cases, their lack thereof. But, at the very least, it should catch up to you later if you've been wrongly placed.

So, let me extend a calm warning to the registrar: Get your sh1t together. You don't know whom you're messing with, and it would be an egregious error to fck me of all people over when I've gone to length to be as clear as humanely possible such that an eighth grader with access to your system could fulfill my request. With power comes responsibility, and the ability to directly bear on my future and my grad-school prospects via the course selection process is no exception: I expect you to be fcking competent at the one fcking job you have. At the moment, you're 0 for fcking 1, and I'm becoming impatient. Don't fck up again.

DDO's Economics Messiah
ResponsiblyIrresponsible
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/21/2016 1:08:17 PM
And... resolved.

You can call this that sense of "victorious hindsight" talking, but this pseudo rant was probably a bit harsh, lol...

Like, yes, this is clearly an extremely important job that shouldn't be taken lightly, and yes if you're deflecting blame when yourself erred, as a general rule you're a vicious person. That doesn't exactly merit the "living hell" standard, lol....

DDO's Economics Messiah
Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/21/2016 1:21:38 PM
At 1/21/2016 1:08:17 PM, ResponsiblyIrresponsible wrote:
And... resolved.

You can call this that sense of "victorious hindsight" talking, but this pseudo rant was probably a bit harsh, lol...

Like, yes, this is clearly an extremely important job that shouldn't be taken lightly, and yes if you're deflecting blame when yourself erred, as a general rule you're a vicious person. That doesn't exactly merit the "living hell" standard, lol....

Everyone has a right to have oral sex on the job every once in a while....simple mistake
ResponsiblyIrresponsible
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/21/2016 1:22:56 PM
At 1/21/2016 1:21:38 PM, Greyparrot wrote:
At 1/21/2016 1:08:17 PM, ResponsiblyIrresponsible wrote:
And... resolved.

Everyone has a right to have oral sex on the job every once in a while....simple mistake

lmfao.

DDO's Economics Messiah