Total Posts:24|Showing Posts:1-24
Jump to topic:

What was the first thread you read?

1harderthanyouthink
Posts: 13,102
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2016 4:30:34 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
I'm bored, so reflection time. I'm also going to give a few threads because why not.

---

http://www.debate.org...

Ah, remember when these accounts were things?

-

Bossy made two threads that will stick with me forever: http://www.debate.org...

http://www.debate.org...

-

And finally, the first thread I read while on debate.org: http://www.debate.org...

Considering that was the first thing I read, I have to wonder...why the fvck did I stay here?

---

Those were the days. Nobody here knew much about me, and they apparently hated my behavior...but I think that my behavior has drastically changed since I first joined, and had no clue what the fvck was going on here.

I really had negative first impressions. YYW called me "dim" in our first encounter (he maintains that he doesn't remember), and then our next interaction was on postmodernism - and then the rest was history...YYW might say he doesn't remember the first part but the chain of events sounds like a perfect fit of him, if you ask me. ClassicRobert insulted me when he was completely drunk in the hangout a few days ago - and the insult stemmed from his first impression of me all that time ago. I'm pretty sure Zaradi hated me, looking back at our first PM exchange. I felt like Bsh was uneasy when first talking to me - he probably thought I was an a$shole...Endark and I got off to a poor start. FT didn't like me...mostly because I was a bad doctor in an early mafia game but whatever...I can list how many members disliked me or currently do. That would take a while.

The only person I can think of that was actually kind of nice to me in their first interaction with me was Thett. Even if it's probably that he wasn't a fan of my behaviors, he at least tried to make it a bit better, so I thank him for that much.

Airmax probably also had a poor first impression, because he wrote in his 3k friends milestone thread, about 5 months after I began using the site regularly: "I'm also really happy to see how you've gotten better as a member from the time you started using the site to now..."

That stuck with me a bit.

Really, DDO has contributed a lot to my changes in personality. But, not only have my negative interactions on the site contributed to the utter collapse of my self-confidence, but also various happenings off the site. Isn't life fun?

So what's the point of all this? A few random fvcking threads and some reflection on the point of everyone fvcking hating me...? Sure. But I'm going to ask question again in a modified form. If my interactions on the site were so poor, why did I stay here?

To bask in the oddities of DDO, I feel at home.
"It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here,
And I'm much obliged to you for making it clear - that I'm not here."

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
Rosalie
Posts: 4,622
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2016 4:38:28 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 1/25/2016 4:30:34 PM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
I'm bored, so reflection time. I'm also going to give a few threads because why not.

---

http://www.debate.org...

I remember that one, Lol. I miss Rev. :(


Ah, remember when these accounts were things?

-

Bossy made two threads that will stick with me forever: http://www.debate.org...

http://www.debate.org...

-

And finally, the first thread I read while on debate.org: http://www.debate.org...

Considering that was the first thing I read, I have to wonder...why the fvck did I stay here?

---

Those were the days. Nobody here knew much about me, and they apparently hated my behavior...but I think that my behavior has drastically changed since I first joined, and had no clue what the fvck was going on here.

I really had negative first impressions. YYW called me "dim" in our first encounter (he maintains that he doesn't remember), and then our next interaction was on postmodernism - and then the rest was history...YYW might say he doesn't remember the first part but the chain of events sounds like a perfect fit of him, if you ask me. ClassicRobert insulted me when he was completely drunk in the hangout a few days ago - and the insult stemmed from his first impression of me all that time ago. I'm pretty sure Zaradi hated me, looking back at our first PM exchange. I felt like Bsh was uneasy when first talking to me - he probably thought I was an a$shole...Endark and I got off to a poor start. FT didn't like me...mostly because I was a bad doctor in an early mafia game but whatever...I can list how many members disliked me or currently do. That would take a while.

The only person I can think of that was actually kind of nice to me in their first interaction with me was Thett. Even if it's probably that he wasn't a fan of my behaviors, he at least tried to make it a bit better, so I thank him for that much.

Airmax probably also had a poor first impression, because he wrote in his 3k friends milestone thread, about 5 months after I began using the site regularly: "I'm also really happy to see how you've gotten better as a member from the time you started using the site to now..."

That stuck with me a bit.

Really, DDO has contributed a lot to my changes in personality. But, not only have my negative interactions on the site contributed to the utter collapse of my self-confidence, but also various happenings off the site. Isn't life fun?

So what's the point of all this? A few random fvcking threads and some reflection on the point of everyone fvcking hating me...? Sure. But I'm going to ask question again in a modified form. If my interactions on the site were so poor, why did I stay here?

To bask in the oddities of DDO, I feel at home.
" We need more videos of cat's playing the piano on the internet" - My art professor.

"Criticism is easier to take when you realize that the only people who aren't criticized are those who don't take risks." - Donald Trump
1harderthanyouthink
Posts: 13,102
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2016 4:39:10 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
Quoting an entire post for one sentence = bad.
"It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here,
And I'm much obliged to you for making it clear - that I'm not here."

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
The-Voice-of-Truth
Posts: 6,571
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2016 4:48:31 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 1/25/2016 4:39:10 PM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
Quoting an entire post for one sentence = bad.

Sigged.

The first thread I read was a Mafia game. I don't remember which one.
Suh dude

"Because we all know who the most important snowflake in the wasteland is... It's YOU, champ! You're a special snowflake." -Vaarka, 01:30 in the hangouts

"Screw laying siege to Korea. That usually takes an hour or so." -Vaarka

"Crap, what is my religion again?" -Vaarka

I'm Rick Harrison and this is my pawn shop. I work here with my old man and my son, Big Hoss, and in 23 years I've learned one thing. You never know what is gonna come through that door.
Rosalie
Posts: 4,622
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2016 6:20:24 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 1/25/2016 4:39:10 PM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
Quoting an entire post for one sentence = bad.

Ha....Ha. -.-
" We need more videos of cat's playing the piano on the internet" - My art professor.

"Criticism is easier to take when you realize that the only people who aren't criticized are those who don't take risks." - Donald Trump
1harderthanyouthink
Posts: 13,102
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2016 8:42:37 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 1/25/2016 7:46:05 PM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
Well, we all love you now. <3

Of course, of course.
"It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here,
And I'm much obliged to you for making it clear - that I'm not here."

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
Valkrin
Posts: 2,046
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2016 4:45:27 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
Idk if I can find it, but I remember first joining the forums and seeing an AMA. Being the genius I was, I decided I thought I was relevant to the community and made an AMA myself for my first post. Lol.

Still super embarrassed about how dumb I was back when I was 14.
"So, to start off, I've never committed suicide." - Vaarka
bsh1
Posts: 27,504
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2016 11:51:59 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 1/25/2016 4:30:34 PM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
I felt like Bsh was uneasy when first talking to me - he probably thought I was an a$shole

Not really. I am uneasy every time I meet someone new socially, and I have no idea who they are. It's just kind of my thing. It takes me awhile to really warm up to people. I didn't actually know who you were in our first convo.

Really, DDO has contributed a lot to my changes in personality. But, not only have my negative interactions on the site contributed to the utter collapse of my self-confidence, but also various happenings off the site. Isn't life fun?

*hugs* Love you. Stay positive, padawan.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.


"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
Vaarka
Posts: 7,637
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/27/2016 2:30:57 AM
Posted: 10 months ago
My first thread that I ever read was back in my first few days. I was trying to figure out what the tabs did, and I accidentally opened the religious forums. I was then subdued to a lengthy post by some member whose name I can't remember, where he ranted in three long posts about how every popular religion was bullsh!t and that the animated version of the soda cup from that "let's all go to the lobby" jingle was our true godly figure.

To this day, I've rarely ever stepped foot in that forum because of that.
You're probably thinking right now "haha I'm a genius". Well you're not -Valkrin

inferno: "I don't know, are you attracted to women?"
ButterCatX: "No, Vaarka is mine!"

All hail scum Vaarka, wielder of the bastard sword, smiter of nations, destroyer of spiders -VOT

"Vaarka, I've been thinking about this for a long time now," (pulls out small box made of macaroni) "W-will you be my noodle buddy?" -Kirigaya
1harderthanyouthink
Posts: 13,102
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/27/2016 8:52:38 AM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 1/26/2016 11:51:59 PM, bsh1 wrote:
At 1/25/2016 4:30:34 PM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
I felt like Bsh was uneasy when first talking to me - he probably thought I was an a$shole

Not really. I am uneasy every time I meet someone new socially, and I have no idea who they are. It's just kind of my thing. It takes me awhile to really warm up to people. I didn't actually know who you were in our first convo.

Really, DDO has contributed a lot to my changes in personality. But, not only have my negative interactions on the site contributed to the utter collapse of my self-confidence, but also various happenings off the site. Isn't life fun?

*hugs* Love you. Stay positive, padawan.

Yep. Always positive.
"It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here,
And I'm much obliged to you for making it clear - that I'm not here."

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
bsh1
Posts: 27,504
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/27/2016 8:30:49 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 1/27/2016 8:52:38 AM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
At 1/26/2016 11:51:59 PM, bsh1 wrote:
At 1/25/2016 4:30:34 PM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
I felt like Bsh was uneasy when first talking to me - he probably thought I was an a$shole

Not really. I am uneasy every time I meet someone new socially, and I have no idea who they are. It's just kind of my thing. It takes me awhile to really warm up to people. I didn't actually know who you were in our first convo.

Really, DDO has contributed a lot to my changes in personality. But, not only have my negative interactions on the site contributed to the utter collapse of my self-confidence, but also various happenings off the site. Isn't life fun?

*hugs* Love you. Stay positive, padawan.

Yep. Always positive.

*hugs*
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.


"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
ESocialBookworm
Posts: 14,373
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2016 1:02:18 AM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 1/25/2016 8:42:37 PM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
At 1/25/2016 7:46:05 PM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
Well, we all love you now. <3

Of course, of course.

I love you most :D
Solonkr~
I don't care about whether an ideology is "necessary" or not,
I care about how to solve problems,
which is what everyone else should also care about.

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY
MY SHIP SAILEY MUST SAIL"

SCREW THAT SHIZ #BANNIE = BAILEY & ANNIE

P.S. Shipped Sailey before it was cannon bitches.
bsh1
Posts: 27,504
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2016 1:53:20 AM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 1/28/2016 1:02:18 AM, ESocialBookworm wrote:
At 1/25/2016 8:42:37 PM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
At 1/25/2016 7:46:05 PM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
Well, we all love you now. <3

Of course, of course.

I love you most :D

*raises eyebrows in Chris-imitation*

Excuse me?
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.


"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
ESocialBookworm
Posts: 14,373
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/29/2016 1:41:01 AM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 1/28/2016 1:53:20 AM, bsh1 wrote:
At 1/28/2016 1:02:18 AM, ESocialBookworm wrote:
At 1/25/2016 8:42:37 PM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
At 1/25/2016 7:46:05 PM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
Well, we all love you now. <3

Of course, of course.

I love you most :D

*raises eyebrows in Chris-imitation*

Excuse me?

You're excused. Leaving so soon?
Solonkr~
I don't care about whether an ideology is "necessary" or not,
I care about how to solve problems,
which is what everyone else should also care about.

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY
MY SHIP SAILEY MUST SAIL"

SCREW THAT SHIZ #BANNIE = BAILEY & ANNIE

P.S. Shipped Sailey before it was cannon bitches.
bsh1
Posts: 27,504
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/29/2016 2:08:32 AM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 1/29/2016 1:41:01 AM, ESocialBookworm wrote:
At 1/28/2016 1:53:20 AM, bsh1 wrote:
At 1/28/2016 1:02:18 AM, ESocialBookworm wrote:
At 1/25/2016 8:42:37 PM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
At 1/25/2016 7:46:05 PM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
Well, we all love you now. <3

Of course, of course.

I love you most :D

*raises eyebrows in Chris-imitation*

Excuse me?

You're excused. Leaving so soon?

Yeah...we're at least tied in how much we love him.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.


"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
ESocialBookworm
Posts: 14,373
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/30/2016 7:20:17 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 1/29/2016 2:08:32 AM, bsh1 wrote:
At 1/29/2016 1:41:01 AM, ESocialBookworm wrote:
At 1/28/2016 1:53:20 AM, bsh1 wrote:
At 1/28/2016 1:02:18 AM, ESocialBookworm wrote:
At 1/25/2016 8:42:37 PM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
At 1/25/2016 7:46:05 PM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
Well, we all love you now. <3

Of course, of course.

I love you most :D

*raises eyebrows in Chris-imitation*

Excuse me?

You're excused. Leaving so soon?

Yeah...we're at least tied in how much we love him.

Agree to disagree
Solonkr~
I don't care about whether an ideology is "necessary" or not,
I care about how to solve problems,
which is what everyone else should also care about.

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY
MY SHIP SAILEY MUST SAIL"

SCREW THAT SHIZ #BANNIE = BAILEY & ANNIE

P.S. Shipped Sailey before it was cannon bitches.
bsh1
Posts: 27,504
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/30/2016 9:28:58 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 1/30/2016 7:20:17 PM, ESocialBookworm wrote:
At 1/29/2016 2:08:32 AM, bsh1 wrote:
At 1/29/2016 1:41:01 AM, ESocialBookworm wrote:
At 1/28/2016 1:53:20 AM, bsh1 wrote:
At 1/28/2016 1:02:18 AM, ESocialBookworm wrote:
At 1/25/2016 8:42:37 PM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
At 1/25/2016 7:46:05 PM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
Well, we all love you now. <3

Of course, of course.

I love you most :D

*raises eyebrows in Chris-imitation*

Excuse me?

You're excused. Leaving so soon?

Yeah...we're at least tied in how much we love him.

Agree to disagree

I disagree.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.


"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
Wylted
Posts: 21,167
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/30/2016 10:41:04 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
The first was my own, I asked about hpw to be a good voter, and got a bunch of crappy responses from prominent members, that later on went to b1tch avout the voting standards of all the iro ic things that could happen.

After that I went back and searched for every episode of the weekly stupid. I loved that show, and am disappointed that I can no longer enjoy it. I tried to make it on the show by saying stupid stuff and being serious about the stuff, but I guess fame was never meant for me.
SeventhProfessor
Posts: 5,090
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/30/2016 11:33:00 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 1/25/2016 4:38:28 PM, Rosalie wrote:
At 1/25/2016 4:30:34 PM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
I'm bored, so reflection time. I'm also going to give a few threads because why not.

---

http://www.debate.org...

I remember that one, Lol. I miss Rev. :(

y u liek hem
#UnbanTheMadman

#StandWithBossy

#BetOnThett

"bossy r u like 85 years old and have lost ur mind"
~mysteriouscrystals

"I've honestly never seen seventh post anything that wasn't completely idiotic in a trying-to-be-funny way."
~F-16

https://docs.google.com...
Rosalie
Posts: 4,622
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/30/2016 11:41:44 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 1/30/2016 11:33:00 PM, SeventhProfessor wrote:
At 1/25/2016 4:38:28 PM, Rosalie wrote:
At 1/25/2016 4:30:34 PM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
I'm bored, so reflection time. I'm also going to give a few threads because why not.

---

http://www.debate.org...

I remember that one, Lol. I miss Rev. :(

y u liek hem

Cuz he was duh bomb
" We need more videos of cat's playing the piano on the internet" - My art professor.

"Criticism is easier to take when you realize that the only people who aren't criticized are those who don't take risks." - Donald Trump
SamStevens
Posts: 3,819
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/30/2016 11:57:08 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 1/30/2016 11:41:44 PM, Rosalie wrote:
At 1/30/2016 11:33:00 PM, SeventhProfessor wrote:
At 1/25/2016 4:38:28 PM, Rosalie wrote:
At 1/25/2016 4:30:34 PM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
I'm bored, so reflection time. I'm also going to give a few threads because why not.

---

http://www.debate.org...

I remember that one, Lol. I miss Rev. :(

y u liek hem

Cuz he was duh bomb
"This is the true horror of religion. It allows perfectly decent and sane people to believe by the billions, what only lunatics could believe on their own." Sam Harris
Life asked Death "Why do people love me but hate you?"
Death responded: "Because you are a beautiful lie, and I am the painful truth."
thett3
Posts: 14,374
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/31/2016 5:56:33 AM
Posted: 10 months ago
<3 nac
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
Diqiucun_Cunmin
Posts: 2,710
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/31/2016 5:25:11 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
The unvoted debates thread where 16k told me to post me unvoted debate.

I think it's been deleted now. I can't find it among my forum posts...
The thing is, I hate relativism. I hate relativism more than I hate everything else, excepting, maybe, fibreglass powerboats... What it overlooks, to put it briefly and crudely, is the fixed structure of human nature. - Jerry Fodor

Don't be a stat cynic:
http://www.debate.org...

Response to conservative views on deforestation:
http://www.debate.org...

Topics I'd like to debate (not debating ATM): http://tinyurl.com...