Total Posts:9|Showing Posts:1-9
Jump to topic:

Music's influence on your political views.

lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2016 3:30:28 AM
Posted: 10 months ago
I've been thinking about posting this topic for a while, but never gotten around to it. It is no secrete that songs have a hidden meaning whether it's as obvious of Serj Tankian's Harkiri and Empty Walls or a little more Vague like the Cranberries's Zombie. Today I come to you with the question. With the music that you listen to you what are the influences that it has on you and what songs are these. Have any of them changed your views or have they been unsuccessful.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2016 4:58:52 AM
At 1/26/2016 3:30:28 AM, lannan13 wrote:
I've been thinking about posting this topic for a while, but never gotten around to it. It is no secrete that songs have a hidden meaning whether it's as obvious of Serj Tankian's Harkiri and Empty Walls or a little more Vague like the Cranberries's Zombie. Today I come to you with the question. With the music that you listen to you what are the influences that it has on you and what songs are these. Have any of them changed your views or have they been unsuccessful.

Serj Tanikan is awesome, as is System of a Down.

That said, I think I tend to listen to music that reflects my political views.... Rise Against is a major band that comes to mind there. There are others, as well. Green Day, to a lesser extent... Oasis, Smashing Pumpkins, etc.

I listen to more than just that, though... and there is some music that I like that is totally antithetical to my political views (like "Midnight Train to Georgia" for example), but which I like just the same.
Tsar of DDO
Rosalie
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2016 5:08:16 AM
At 1/26/2016 4:58:52 AM, YYW wrote:

That said, I think I tend to listen to music that reflects my political views.... Rise Against is a major band that comes to mind there. There are others, as well. Green Day, to a lesser extent... Oasis, Smashing Pumpkins, etc.

I listen to more than just that, though... and there is some music that I like that is totally antithetical to my political views (like "Midnight Train to Georgia" for example), but which I like just the same.

I love Oasis, along with Smashing Pumpkins.
" We need more videos of cat's playing the piano on the internet" - My art professor.

"Criticism is easier to take when you realize that the only people who aren't criticized are those who don't take risks." - Donald Trump

Officially Mrs. 16Kadams 8-30-16
Rosalie
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2016 5:09:48 AM
Martina McBride, and Toby Kieth. My family is very patriotic, as well as me. Toby Keith sings allot about the military, which is why I admire his music.
" We need more videos of cat's playing the piano on the internet" - My art professor.

"Criticism is easier to take when you realize that the only people who aren't criticized are those who don't take risks." - Donald Trump

Officially Mrs. 16Kadams 8-30-16
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2016 6:36:07 PM
At 1/26/2016 4:58:52 AM, YYW wrote:

We share much of the same musical views.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/29/2016 6:23:14 AM
Nixon's the one.
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/29/2016 7:16:14 AM
Rush has a bunch of Libertarian songs. I do like a lot of stuff that feels anti establishment such as cage the elephant and rise against the machine.

I don't let music influence my views though.

Oh there are a bunch of good rappers that are anti estavlishment and virtually unknown on youtube which are way better than anything you hear on the radio.
BlazingRodent
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/29/2016 3:09:22 PM
At 1/26/2016 5:09:48 AM, Rosalie wrote:
Martina McBride, and Toby Kieth. My family is very patriotic, as well as me. Toby Keith sings allot about the military, which is why I admire his music.

Toby Keith... Toby Keith...

Oh the negative things I have to say about him.