Jump to topic:

Saph's 3k posts AMA/Compliment Box

Sapphique
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/27/2016 3:36:42 AM
Posted: 10 months ago
This is a bit delayed, but I recently reached 3k posts :D So this is an AMA and a compliment box. You can ask me questions, but I can't guarantee I'll answer if it's something I'd rather not share. Also, you can PM me with a compliment about another user, and I'll post it here anonymously on your behalf :)
DDO Beginners' Mafia Moderator -- PM me if you'd like to learn how to play mafia!

"We wondered what happiness would look like if we could give it a physical form...the shape of happiness might resemble glass...even though you don't usually notice it, it's still definitely there. You merely have to change your point of view slightly, and then that glass will sparkle when it reflects the light. I doubt that anything else could argue its own existence more eloquently." ~Lelouch
1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/27/2016 3:55:44 AM
What's your quirkiest habit, in your opinion?
"It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here,
And I'm much obliged to you for making it clear - that I'm not here."

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
Sapphique
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/27/2016 4:02:55 AM
At 1/27/2016 3:55:44 AM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:

I have an irresistible urge to identify what note a sound is. Like doorbells, or ringtones, or alarms, even car horns lol. I think our school bell is a G#. I used to do it just to refine my pitch identification, but now I just do it out of habit.
DDO Beginners' Mafia Moderator -- PM me if you'd like to learn how to play mafia!

"We wondered what happiness would look like if we could give it a physical form...the shape of happiness might resemble glass...even though you don't usually notice it, it's still definitely there. You merely have to change your point of view slightly, and then that glass will sparkle when it reflects the light. I doubt that anything else could argue its own existence more eloquently." ~Lelouch
bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/27/2016 4:07:25 AM
Congrats, Saph!
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
Sapphique
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/27/2016 4:11:42 AM
At 1/27/2016 4:07:25 AM, bsh1 wrote:
Congrats, Saph!

Thanks! You too lol.

Sapphique
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/27/2016 4:12:27 AM
First submission:

"All hail the great puppy in the sky!"

ResponsiblyIrresponsible
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/27/2016 5:25:48 AM
At 1/27/2016 3:36:42 AM, Sapphique wrote:

Congrats!

How's life?

What inspired you to create a compliment box?

Favorite part of DDO?

How much of a bastard mod would I be if I tried to match Seventh's so-called "balanced" jester with one of own? (Crucial information: he may or may not be holding a gun. That gun may or may not fire on command. It may or may not fire at some unannounced future day phase, regardless of whether its shooter is still alive. It may or may not target someone at random.)

Honest option of me? (It's cool, I can take it, lol.)
~ResponsiblyIrresponsible

DDO's Economics Messiah
bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/27/2016 8:37:20 AM
Do you like my new profile picture?

(Hint: There is a correct answer to this question)
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

Follow the DDOlympics

Sapphique
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/27/2016 3:17:00 PM
At 1/27/2016 5:25:48 AM, ResponsiblyIrresponsible wrote:

Congrats!
Thanks!
How's life?
Not bad lol. Enjoying the days off from school because snow.
What inspired you to create a compliment box?
I asked bsh1 what I should do for this milestone because I was out of ideas :P Plus it's a nice thing when there's been so much drama recently. I'm sad there's only been one submission.
Favorite part of DDO?
The people :D Much better than irl sometimes.
How much of a bastard mod would I be if I tried to match Seventh's so-called "balanced" jester with one of own? (Crucial information: he may or may not be holding a gun. That gun may or may not fire on command. It may or may not fire at some unannounced future day phase, regardless of whether its shooter is still alive. It may or may not target someone at random.)
Very bastard. I'd love to see that :P
Honest option of me? (It's cool, I can take it, lol.)
I like you. You're funny and weird (good weird) and it's cool when you rant for pages about Econ or when you talk about crazy mafia ideas. Oh and your bunny pics. Can't forget those.

Sapphique
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/27/2016 3:17:28 PM
At 1/27/2016 8:37:20 AM, bsh1 wrote:

Yes! It's very cute.

Sapphique
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/27/2016 7:20:56 PM
At 1/27/2016 6:56:55 PM, Valkrin wrote:
You're pretty ok at mafia :3

Lol. Same to you :P

bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/27/2016 8:26:19 PM
At 1/27/2016 3:17:28 PM, Sapphique wrote:
At 1/27/2016 8:37:20 AM, bsh1 wrote:

Yes! It's very cute.

YAY! I agree :)
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

Follow the DDOlympics

The-Voice-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/27/2016 10:06:48 PM
This is a bit delayed, but I recently reached 3k posts :D So this is an AMA and a compliment box. You can ask me questions, but I can't guarantee I'll answer if it's something I'd rather not share. Also, you can PM me with a compliment about another user, and I'll post it here anonymously on your behalf :)

Standard:
What genre of books it your favorite?

Favorite movies/shows?

Favorite sports team(s), if any?

Favorite academic subject?

Mac or PC?

Wait Wut:
If you were being forced to release a deadly disease on a major metropolitan population, what would it be and why?

Would you rather be as small as an electron or as large as skyscraper?

White America or Kim?

Are you Basic?

Other:
Yes or no?

Who dunnit?

If you had to ask me a question, what would it be?

If you had 3 wishes, what would they be?

Is there someone you look up to? Why?

If you had to do the exact same thing for the rest of your life, what would it be?

Scariest moment of your life?

Honest opinion of meh?
Suh dude

"Because we all know who the most important snowflake in the wasteland is... It's YOU, champ! You're a special snowflake." -Vaarka, 01:30 in the hangouts

"Screw laying siege to Korea. That usually takes an hour or so." -Vaarka

"Crap, what is my religion again?" -Vaarka

I'm Rick Harrison and this is my pawn shop. I work here with my old man and my son, Big Hoss, and in 23 years I've learned one thing. You never know what is gonna come through that door.
Vaarka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2016 12:15:33 AM
If you were given the option to slap me across the face, would you slap the left side of my face or the right side of my face?

Of course, you could choose not to hit me at all, but that's the boring choice. Also, the slap doesn't count if I'm not bleeding, crying, or have a clearly visible mark where your hand hit me on my face.
You're probably thinking right now "haha I'm a genius". Well you're not -Valkrin

inferno: "I don't know, are you attracted to women?"
ButterCatX: "No, Vaarka is mine!"

All hail scum Vaarka, wielder of the bastard sword, smiter of nations, destroyer of spiders -VOT

"Vaarka, I've been thinking about this for a long time now," (pulls out small box made of macaroni) "W-will you be my noodle buddy?" -Kirigaya
Sapphique
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2016 3:05:30 AM
Submission:

"Choose to slap the left side of my face :3"

I don't get how that's a compliment but ok lol

Sapphique
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2016 4:07:36 AM
At 1/27/2016 10:06:48 PM, The-Voice-of-Truth wrote:

Standard:
What genre of books it your favorite?
Fantasy, some sci fi
Favorite movies/shows?
Not much of a movie or show person. Maybe Hunger Games, Lord of the Rings, or Harry Potter.
Favorite sports team(s), if any?
Not much of a sports person either :P
Favorite academic subject?
Orchestra, if that counts. If not, multi-variable calc.
Mac or PC?
I like both. Currently I'm using a PC though.
Wait Wut:
If you were being forced to release a deadly disease on a major metropolitan population, what would it be and why?
Can I say chicken pox? It's not that deadly and we have a cure for it now.
Would you rather be as small as an electron or as large as skyscraper?
Lol I guess electron. Skyscraper would be very awkward.
White America or Kim?
I don't understand.
Are you Basic?
No?
Other:
Yes or no?
Or.
Who dunnit?
I don't know =O
If you had to ask me a question, what would it be?
What's your favorite thing to wear?
If you had 3 wishes, what would they be?
Oh, this is difficult. 1. World peace. 2. Have the ability to play every violin piece ever written. 3. Be rich enough that my family and friends would never need to worry about money again, and still have a lot left over to help whoever needs it.
Is there someone you look up to? Why?
My friend. She's the nicest person I've ever met, incredibly smart, and I also admire her work ethic. I'm too lazy/unmotivated sometimes even when something's important =.=
If you had to do the exact same thing for the rest of your life, what would it be?
Does this preclude me from doing other things? If so, then breathing because I'd like to be alive.
Scariest moment of your life?
When I was 8 and we went to China for summer vacation, I almost got run over by a motorcycle. That would've been the end of me :/
Honest opinion of meh?
You're pretty cool :D We should talk more.

Sapphique
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2016 4:09:05 AM
At 1/28/2016 12:15:33 AM, Vaarka wrote:
If you were given the option to slap me across the face, would you slap the left side of my face or the right side of my face?
What is this question lol. If I had to, then I guess right. Because then I'd be using my left hand, and my left hand is weaker.
Of course, you could choose not to hit me at all, but that's the boring choice. Also, the slap doesn't count if I'm not bleeding, crying, or have a clearly visible mark where your hand hit me on my face.
Yikes =O

BlazingRodent
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2016 4:09:08 AM
At 1/27/2016 4:02:55 AM, Sapphique wrote:

I have an irresistible urge to identify what note a sound is. Like doorbells, or ringtones, or alarms, even car horns lol. I think our school bell is a G#. I used to do it just to refine my pitch identification, but now I just do it out of habit.

Mine is a C.
Sapphique
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2016 4:11:57 AM
At 1/28/2016 4:09:08 AM, BlazingRodent wrote:

Mine is a C.

You have perfect pitch too? That's cool :P

BlazingRodent
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2016 4:14:41 AM
At 1/28/2016 4:11:57 AM, Sapphique wrote:

Mine is a C.

Not quite. I know a C, D, D #, E, F, and B.
BlazingRodent
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2016 4:28:00 AM

Mine is a C.

Oh yeah I know a G and A too.
1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2016 4:59:53 AM
How would you most hate someone to describe you?
"It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here,
And I'm much obliged to you for making it clear - that I'm not here."

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
Vaarka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2016 12:11:54 PM

Mine is a C.

I wish I had perfect pitch XP
I've been semi-practicing when I have the time, though I'm always stuck between "is it this key...or this key..." and I can't remember the note names for crap either, so all I know is if it's like a B or an E or something, not whether it's a sharp or flat.
You're probably thinking right now "haha I'm a genius". Well you're not -Valkrin

inferno: "I don't know, are you attracted to women?"
ButterCatX: "No, Vaarka is mine!"

All hail scum Vaarka, wielder of the bastard sword, smiter of nations, destroyer of spiders -VOT

"Vaarka, I've been thinking about this for a long time now," (pulls out small box made of macaroni) "W-will you be my noodle buddy?" -Kirigaya
Sapphique
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2016 3:37:09 PM
At 1/28/2016 4:14:41 AM, BlazingRodent wrote:

Yeah, the sharps and flats are harder to hear for some reason. That's still cool though--can you tell what key something is in after you hear it?

BlazingRodent
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2016 3:47:56 PM
At 1/28/2016 3:37:09 PM, Sapphique wrote:
At 1/28/2016 4:14:41 AM, BlazingRodent wrote:

Yeah, the sharps and flats are harder to hear for some reason. That's still cool though--can you tell what key something is in after you hear it?

What I do is remember a theme song from my favorite cartoon, and I match those notes up with the sound. I know this because I can play part of the song on my piano.
Sapphique
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2016 3:54:25 PM
At 1/28/2016 4:59:53 AM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
How would you most hate someone to describe you?

Hmm...Dishonest, weak-willed, and simple-minded are up there. Insults to my integrity or my intelligence, basically.

Valkrin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2016 3:56:31 PM
In all seriousness, congrats on 3k.

I know you've been playing violin for a while, and I just picked it up recently myself. What's your favorite piece to play and why?
"So, to start off, I've never committed suicide." - Vaarka
Sapphique
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2016 3:57:15 PM
At 1/28/2016 3:47:56 PM, BlazingRodent wrote:
What I do is remember a theme song from my favorite cartoon, and I match those notes up with the sound. I know this because I can play part of the song on my piano.

I do that a lot too :P It's pretty fun.

Sapphique
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2016 4:03:31 PM
At 1/28/2016 3:56:31 PM, Valkrin wrote:
In all seriousness, congrats on 3k.
Thanks! I blame mafia :D
I know you've been playing violin for a while, and I just picked it up recently myself.
Nice! How is it?
What's your favorite piece to play and why?
Ah, this is hard. Maybe this one?
https://www.youtube.com...
It's one of the harder pieces that I can still play decently well lol. Plus it's just a lot of fun to play, especially the last page. Also been working on this for a long time:
https://www.youtube.com...
But it's still not all that polished. Chords are hard =.=
I really want to be able to play the Tchaikovsky violin concerto and the Sibelius violin concerto someday.