Jump to topic:

Where do you see yourself?

TheProphett
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/27/2016 4:58:19 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
I think the topic is pretty self explanatory, but I will elaborate nonetheless. Where do you see yourself in 10 years?

For myself, I'd like to be completed with undergrad and in law school studying away (my life). Lots of people think I'm a lunatic for *wanting* to go to law school. I think that I would like to go to law school because I want to be able to use my abilities to the maximum potential to get some of the worst people off of the street, those at the top of society that think they can get away with anything.
Topics I would like to debate: https://docs.google.com...

Epic Quotes:

She's a cunning linguist, but I'm a master debater - Austin Powers

Economic Forum Revival Co-Leader

If you are interested in starting a political journal for the site, please contact me.
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2016 9:20:15 AM
I'd like to go to law school also to be honest. I haven't told anybody that, but the motivations are different from yours. I think my anti establishment mentality can drive me well to defend people wrongly accused and take on big government as well as big business, every opportunity I get.
FourTrouble
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2016 6:40:51 PM
I'll probably be prosecuting white-collar folks on wall street in 10 years.

But where I'd like to be is in Spain farming olives.
Rosalie
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2016 7:01:25 PM
I would like to become a D.A for child custody cases. If that doesn't work, then become a Communications professor at my college. I hope to be married by 25 and have 4 children. :)
" We need more videos of cat's playing the piano on the internet" - My art professor.

"Criticism is easier to take when you realize that the only people who aren't criticized are those who don't take risks." - Donald Trump

Officially Mrs. 16Kadams 8-30-16
Vaarka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2016 7:18:53 PM
I have some ideas, but to be honest, I've usually just let things happen as they happen.

Though, I'd like to be composing music (at least as a hobby)...and obviously be one of the top osu players around :3
You're probably thinking right now "haha I'm a genius". Well you're not -Valkrin

inferno: "I don't know, are you attracted to women?"
ButterCatX: "No, Vaarka is mine!"

All hail scum Vaarka, wielder of the bastard sword, smiter of nations, destroyer of spiders -VOT

"Vaarka, I've been thinking about this for a long time now," (pulls out small box made of macaroni) "W-will you be my noodle buddy?" -Kirigaya
The-Voice-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2016 7:24:51 PM
At 1/28/2016 7:01:25 PM, Rosalie wrote:
I would like to become a D.A for child custody cases. If that doesn't work, then become a Communications professor at my college. I hope to be married by 25 and have 4 children. :)

Cool. Good luck on the fam!

And, just letting ya know from experience, child custody battles are horrible. The one me and my siblings went through lasted 4 nasty years.
Suh dude

"Because we all know who the most important snowflake in the wasteland is... It's YOU, champ! You're a special snowflake." -Vaarka, 01:30 in the hangouts

"Screw laying siege to Korea. That usually takes an hour or so." -Vaarka

"Crap, what is my religion again?" -Vaarka

I'm Rick Harrison and this is my pawn shop. I work here with my old man and my son, Big Hoss, and in 23 years I've learned one thing. You never know what is gonna come through that door.
The-Voice-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2016 7:26:18 PM
At 1/27/2016 4:58:19 PM, TheProphett wrote:

Hopefully as a mechanical engineer working on-site for CERN at their straight-line (which they want to begin building soon) collider in Japan.
Suh dude

"Because we all know who the most important snowflake in the wasteland is... It's YOU, champ! You're a special snowflake." -Vaarka, 01:30 in the hangouts

I'm Rick Harrison and this is my pawn shop. I work here with my old man and my son, Big Hoss, and in 23 years I've learned one thing. You never know what is gonna come through that door.
Rosalie
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2016 7:26:19 PM
At 1/28/2016 7:24:51 PM, The-Voice-of-Truth wrote:

And, just letting ya know from experience, child custody battles are horrible. The one me and my siblings went through lasted 4 nasty years.

I'm sorry to hear that :/

And I know too, I live with my guardian family now. It took a really long time to get approved.
" We need more videos of cat's playing the piano on the internet" - My art professor.

"Criticism is easier to take when you realize that the only people who aren't criticized are those who don't take risks." - Donald Trump

Valkrin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2016 7:27:30 PM
Somewhere in the realm of eSports.
"So, to start off, I've never committed suicide." - Vaarka
The-Voice-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2016 7:28:02 PM
At 1/28/2016 7:26:19 PM, Rosalie wrote:
At 1/28/2016 7:24:51 PM, The-Voice-of-Truth wrote:

I'm sorry to hear that :/

And I know too, I live with my guardian family now. It took a really long time to get approved.

Mmm. I hate hearing about when families break up like mine and yours. It's just saddening.
Suh dude

YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2016 7:36:03 PM
I'll be 34 in ten years.

I'd like to be married by that time, or at least in a relationship which would result in marriage.

I definitely want a dog by then.

I'll be in one of three areas of practice, by then I'll have completed at least one additional degree, and we'll see what's next.
spacetime
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2016 7:40:46 PM
I would like to become a D.A for child custody cases.

Why? So that you can give custody to the woman every time? Lmao.
Call me King Pootie Tang.
Rosalie
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2016 7:41:30 PM
At 1/28/2016 7:40:46 PM, spacetime wrote:

....that's not funny. Its a issue I take very seriously.

spacetime
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2016 7:48:35 PM
At 1/28/2016 7:41:30 PM, Rosalie wrote:
At 1/28/2016 7:40:46 PM, spacetime wrote:

....that's not funny. Its a issue I take very seriously.

And that was a serious question, based in the types of views I've seen you espouse.
Peepette
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2016 7:49:54 PM
At 1/28/2016 6:40:51 PM, FourTrouble wrote:
I'll probably be prosecuting white-collar folks on wall street in 10 years.

But where I'd like to be is in Spain farming olives.

I'd like to see anyone from the wall street crowd go to jail rather than us bail them out and only pay fines.
Buddamoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2016 7:53:12 PM
At 1/28/2016 7:36:03 PM, YYW wrote:
I'll be 34 in ten years.

I definitely want a dog by then.

Life goals we can all get behind.

Holy sh!t though, ur 24? Lol you seem older than that, at least older than me at 25 almost 26 now xD
"Reality is an illusion created due to a lack of alcohol"
-Airmax1227

"You were the moon all this time, and he was always there to make you shine."

"Was he the sun?"

"No honey, he was the darkness"

-Kazekirion
spacetime
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2016 7:53:40 PM
Will be 28 by that time... ideally, I'll be working at Google earning a $100k+ salary.

Probably married too. Not sure though. We'll see where life takes me, in that respect.
Buddamoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2016 7:56:56 PM
Being that I'd be 35 by the time 10 years in the futurerolls around, I can only hope a nice house on a decent piece of land. Maybe a wife and kids, but in that regards I'm very unassuming and don't expect it to happen.

On, and preferably by then recreational marijuana is legalized so I can grow my own plants legally on my own land. That would be the shizz
-Airmax1227

"Was he the sun?"

-Kazekirion
spacetime
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2016 7:57:12 PM
At 1/28/2016 7:53:12 PM, Buddamoose wrote:
At 1/28/2016 7:36:03 PM, YYW wrote:
I'll be 34 in ten years.

Holy sh!t though, ur 24? Lol you seem older than that, at least older than me at 25 almost 26 now xD

Ikr? With the amount of knowledge and life experience he's demonstrated, the lowest I'd go in estimating his age is 29-30ish...
1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2016 7:57:26 PM
In ten years, I'll be 24 - about to turn 25. So I'll be - if everything goes according to plan - in law school.
"It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here,
And I'm much obliged to you for making it clear - that I'm not here."

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
Vaarka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2016 8:01:55 PM
There sure are a lot of people around nowadays that are interested in law school...which reminds me of a quote I heard from a teacher.

"When I got out of high school, I wasn't some academic genius or athletic prodigy, so I did what almost every person who's not good at anything does when they graduate: I went to law school."
You're probably thinking right now "haha I'm a genius". Well you're not -Valkrin

inferno: "I don't know, are you attracted to women?"
ButterCatX: "No, Vaarka is mine!"

All hail scum Vaarka, wielder of the bastard sword, smiter of nations, destroyer of spiders -VOT

"Vaarka, I've been thinking about this for a long time now," (pulls out small box made of macaroni) "W-will you be my noodle buddy?" -Kirigaya
1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2016 8:16:07 PM
At 1/28/2016 8:01:55 PM, Vaarka wrote:
There sure are a lot of people around nowadays that are interested in law school...which reminds me of a quote I heard from a teacher.

"When I got out of high school, I wasn't some academic genius or athletic prodigy, so I did what almost every person who's not good at anything does when they graduate: I went to law school."

Eh...I don't really agree with that.
"It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here,
And I'm much obliged to you for making it clear - that I'm not here."

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
Rosalie
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2016 8:25:08 PM
4 children, and 4 dogs.

I mean, if I want children,I *guess* I'll consider being a housewife, not my first choice, but....

TheFlex
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2016 8:26:46 PM
Ten years from now I hope to be 2 years away from retirement (I'll be 38) in the Air Force at least an E-7. I hope to have two more kids (all boys, my wife agrees). And finally I hope to have finished at least my bachelor's by then.
Buddamoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2016 8:31:53 PM
At 1/28/2016 8:25:08 PM, Rosalie wrote:
4 children, and 4 dogs.

I mean, if I want children,I *guess* I'll consider being a housewife, not my first choice, but....

So your preference would be a husband that takes upon homemaking and child rearing duties primarily? Nothing wrong with that, its a new age where gender roles like that are stupid. But in a relationship one person has to take primary responsibility of that lol. There is no such thing as "equal responsibility" when it comes to stuff like raising children.
-Airmax1227

"Was he the sun?"

-Kazekirion
Rosalie
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2016 8:33:43 PM
At 1/28/2016 8:31:53 PM, Buddamoose wrote:
At 1/28/2016 8:25:08 PM, Rosalie wrote:
4 children, and 4 dogs.

So your preference would be a husband that takes upon homemaking and child rearing duties primarily? Nothing wrong with that, its a new age where gender roles like that are stupid. But in a relationship one person has to take primary responsibility of that lol. There is no such thing as "equal responsibility" when it comes to stuff like raising children.

Its called daycare.

Buddamoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2016 8:33:45 PM
Should I say, there isn't such a thing as equal shares in terms of. If one parent is the professional, the bread-winner if you will, the other partner usually outs their professional aspirations on the back burner, to focus on family and home. They're both contributing equally, but in different ways type thing.
-Airmax1227

"Was he the sun?"

-Kazekirion
Buddamoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2016 8:34:27 PM
At 1/28/2016 8:33:43 PM, Rosalie wrote:

Its called daycare.

Ewww. Letting other people primarily raise your kids? Cool I guess, but you see how well that turns out lol
-Airmax1227

"Was he the sun?"

-Kazekirion
Rosalie
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2016 8:36:02 PM
At 1/28/2016 8:34:27 PM, Buddamoose wrote:
At 1/28/2016 8:33:43 PM, Rosalie wrote:

Its called daycare.

Ewww. Letting other people primarily raise your kids? Cool I guess, but you see how well that turns out lol

My mom is a daycare provider...

Buddamoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2016 8:36:34 PM
Studies are rife that show a child needs strong parental influence to develop exceedingly. The two professionals using a nanny/daycare strategem generally leaves the child emotionally stunted in terms of resenting the fact that their parents weren't around a lot as they were always focused on other things.
-Airmax1227

"Was he the sun?"

-Kazekirion