Total Posts:15|Showing Posts:1-15
Jump to topic:

Embarrassing things you believed as a kid....

Master-of-All-Weaponry
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/29/2016 4:41:42 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
What are some embarrassing things you believed as a child?

Here's my top 3.

1) Back to the Future and similar movies can predict the future.
When I was young lad (8-11) I legitimately believed shows, movies, books etc. that showed the 'future' I believed was actually gonna happen. I four years ago was counting the days till October 2015 so I could get my Pepsi perfect. I even remember me begging to live past 2099 (comic fans know why). Oh, how sad I was when I realized my stupidity.

2) Demons existed.
Back when I was quite young and very innocent (and Christian) I still remember after a series of sermons about demons and devils and how they are real and after watching my very first horror movie (Sixth Sense) the terrible nightmares and paranoia I had. It lasted for nearly a year and only stopped after I believed in holy water.

3) If I willed hard enough I could make my favorite heroes real.
As a kid I was raised believing that with enough faith anything can happen, add a dash of lonliness and a pinch of TV all day then bam! A kid that believes praying for the TMNT to come to exist appears. I can only count the nights whiting for them to show up. Lol.

What are some things you thought were true when you where significantly dumber and young?
I don't do grammer very well. Then again English is just my second language.
Valkrin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/29/2016 4:47:06 PM
You know those mirrors they have in grocery stores (one at the end of each end) where it would sort of reflect the food in the area?

I believed that that was actually just a barrier nobody but employees could access, so they could easily replace the food that was taken.
"So, to start off, I've never committed suicide." - Vaarka
Vox_Veritas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/29/2016 5:21:00 PM
At 1/29/2016 4:41:42 PM, Master-of-All-Weaponry wrote:

Here's my top 3.

When I was young lad (8-11) I legitimately believed shows, movies, books etc. that showed the 'future' I believed was actually gonna happen. I four years ago was counting the days till October 2015 so I could get my Pepsi perfect. I even remember me begging to live past 2099 (comic fans know why). Oh, how sad I was when I realized my stupidity.

2) Demons existed.
Back when I was quite young and very innocent (and Christian) I still remember after a series of sermons about demons and devils and how they are real and after watching my very first horror movie (Sixth Sense) the terrible nightmares and paranoia I had. It lasted for nearly a year and only stopped after I believed in holy water.

Demons do exist, though they have little to no interaction with our world.

As a kid I was raised believing that with enough faith anything can happen, add a dash of lonliness and a pinch of TV all day then bam! A kid that believes praying for the TMNT to come to exist appears. I can only count the nights whiting for them to show up. Lol.

What are some things you thought were true when you where significantly dumber and young?

At one point I thought centipedes could climb inside your ear while you're asleep and kill you.
Call me Vox, the Resident Contrarian of debate.org.

The DDO Blog:
https://debatedotorg.wordpress.com...

#drinkthecoffeenotthekoolaid
Master-of-All-Weaponry
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/29/2016 5:25:20 PM
At 1/29/2016 5:21:00 PM, Vox_Veritas wrote:

Here's my top 3.

2) Demons existed.

Demons do exist, though they have little to no interaction with our world.
I was taught otherwise. Still it was quite silly how I imagined the demons to look and act.

At one point I thought centipedes could climb inside your ear while you're asleep and kill you.

Centipeds can't but I believe some worms can go inside your head and kill you.
Deb-8-A-Bull
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/29/2016 6:06:14 PM
If I played with my willy it would fall off.
So I ran some vigorous tests .
As a young scientists I new For the tests to be considered conclusive I would need another subject. So purely in the interest of science . My friend next door ran some tests with me.
MYTH BUSTED.
bballcrook21
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/30/2016 2:19:34 AM
1. Feminism
2. Government is good
3. God
4. Islam is a religion of peace.
If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert, in 5 years there'd be a shortage of sand. - Friedman

Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself. -Friedman

Nothing is so permanent as a temporary government program. - Friedman

Society will never be free until the last Democrat is strangled with the entrails of the last Communist.
Blade-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/30/2016 11:30:10 AM
I sincerely believed that I saw my doppelganger one time after a nap. I was on the bottom of my bunk-bed and was overcome with an eery and uncomfortable sensation and was driven to look up to the top bunk through the space between the bed and wall. I swear through the crack of space I saw myself looking back down at me. I immediately pulled the covers over myself and hid for like 10 minutes before eventually sprinting out of my room without looking back.

------

I believed I could manifest super heat from my hands while in the bath. I'd push my hand against the glass bathtub door and notice the steam fog forming on the glass all around my hand. I imagined that I had some kind of heating superpower or something, lol.

-----

I believed I could talk to animals, and honestly thought the movie "Dr. Dolittle (1998)" stole its premise from my own life.
Debate.org Deputy Vote Moderator
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
DDO Voting Guide: http://www.debate.org...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Need a judge on your debate? Nominate me! http://www.debate.org...
Master-of-All-Weaponry
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/30/2016 4:04:25 PM
At 1/30/2016 2:54:47 PM, XLAV wrote:
I thought WWE was real.

I knew that it was fake as a kid, but I believed WWF and older wrestling shows to be real.
xXCryptoXx
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/30/2016 4:57:58 PM
My mom is a diabetic. One time I spilled some water on the ground and my dad told me to clean it up because my mom was having some health issues that he needed to take care of. For some reason I thought that every time I spilled water on the ground mom would have health issues.
Nolite Timere
xXCryptoXx
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/30/2016 4:59:27 PM

Here's my top 3.

2) Demons existed.

When I was like 10 I watched one of those "reality" shows about people telling stories of how they were once haunted. That seriously affected my ability to sleep for like two years. I was so paranoid at night and I thought every little thing that happened in my house was caused by a spirit. Those were not fun times at all.

Nolite Timere
Rosalie
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/30/2016 6:01:49 PM
At 1/30/2016 2:54:47 PM, XLAV wrote:
I thought WWE was real.

It is real!!
" We need more videos of cat's playing the piano on the internet" - My art professor.

"Criticism is easier to take when you realize that the only people who aren't criticized are those who don't take risks." - Donald Trump