Jump to topic:

Tejretics - AMA

tejretics
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/31/2016 9:46:24 AM
Posted: 10 months ago
I've been on DDO for 1 year and have recently achieved 3,000 posts, so I thought I'd have an AMA.
"Where justice is denied, where poverty is enforced, where ignorance prevails, and where any one class is made to feel that society is an organized conspiracy to oppress, rob and degrade them, neither persons nor property will be safe." - Frederick Douglass
Buddamoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/31/2016 5:02:30 PM
What does your username stand for/mean?
"Reality is an illusion created due to a lack of alcohol"
-Airmax1227

"You were the moon all this time, and he was always there to make you shine."

"Was he the sun?"

"No honey, he was the darkness"

-Kazekirion
The-Voice-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/31/2016 7:20:56 PM
At 1/31/2016 9:46:24 AM, tejretics wrote:
I've been on DDO for 1 year and have recently achieved 3,000 posts, so I thought I'd have an AMA.

Standard:
What genre of books it your favorite?

Favorite movies/shows?

Favorite sports team(s), if any?

Favorite academic subject?

Mac or PC?

Wait Wut:
If you were being forced to release a deadly disease on a major metropolitan population, what would it be and why?

Would you rather be as small as an electron or as large as skyscraper?

White America or Kim?

Are you a Basic Bro?

Why are there 100 reasons to love the cat?

What are the 100 reasons to love the cat?

Other:
Yes or no?

Who dunnit?

If you had to ask me a question, what would it be?

If you had 3 wishes, what would they be?

Is there someone you look up to? Why?

If you had to do the exact same thing for the rest of your life and nothing else, what would it be?

Scariest moment of your life?

Honest opinion of meh?
Suh dude

"Because we all know who the most important snowflake in the wasteland is... It's YOU, champ! You're a special snowflake." -Vaarka, 01:30 in the hangouts

"Screw laying siege to Korea. That usually takes an hour or so." -Vaarka

"Crap, what is my religion again?" -Vaarka

I'm Rick Harrison and this is my pawn shop. I work here with my old man and my son, Big Hoss, and in 23 years I've learned one thing. You never know what is gonna come through that door.
mc9
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/31/2016 11:29:28 PM

Honest opinion of me?
bballcrook21
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/1/2016 1:16:53 AM

Honest opinion or whatever it is.
If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert, in 5 years there'd be a shortage of sand. - Friedman

Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself. -Friedman

Nothing is so permanent as a temporary government program. - Friedman

Society will never be free until the last Democrat is strangled with the entrails of the last Communist.
tejretics
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/1/2016 10:24:51 AM
At 1/31/2016 11:29:28 PM, mc9 wrote:

Honest opinion of me?

I have told you this before and I will say it again -- I have never interacted with you in the past, and have only debated you once in which you forfeited, so I don't know.
"Where justice is denied, where poverty is enforced, where ignorance prevails, and where any one class is made to feel that society is an organized conspiracy to oppress, rob and degrade them, neither persons nor property will be safe." - Frederick Douglass
ColeTrain
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2016 3:08:40 AM

Honest opinion of me?

Best friend on the site?

Preferred presidential candidate in the US for 2016?

Greatest fear?

Personal opinion of who is the "best" debater on the site? (One that is active, or one that is inactive -- can be the same user if applicable)

Do you speak any other languages?

Best book you have read?
"The right to 360 noscope noobs shall not be infringed!!!" -- tajshar2k
"So, to start off, I've never committed suicide." -- Vaarka
"I eat glue." -- brontoraptor
"I mean, at this rate, I'd argue for a ham sandwich presidency." -- ResponsiblyIrresponsible
"Overthrow Assad, heil jihad." -- 16kadams when trolling in hangout
"Hillary Clinton is not my favorite person ... and her campaign is as inspiring as a bowl of cottage cheese." -- YYW
tejretics
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2016 10:39:29 AM
At 2/2/2016 3:08:40 AM, ColeTrain wrote:

Honest opinion of me?

You're a good debater and are becoming a fairly good voter. Your debating style is a lot like mine used to be. You're also a decent person.

Best friend on the site?

YYW, Voice-of-Truth, Diqiucun_Cunmin, 16k, ResponsiblyIrresponsible. Basically the five people I've talked the most to on non-serious stuff.

I dunno -- maybe Bernie Sanders or even Hillary Clinton

Greatest fear?

Fear that life will become boring, with no reason to live. I'm not afraid of death so much as afraid of being put into a situation where I want to die.

Personal opinion of who is the "best" debater on the site? (One that is active, or one that is inactive -- can be the same user if applicable)

I don't think it's appropriate to answer this publicly; PM me if you really want to know.

Yes.

Best book you have read?

Christopher Hitchens' "Arguably," Dan Brown's "Angels and Demons."
tejretics
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2016 10:41:06 AM
At 2/2/2016 5:26:14 AM, NumberOneGuy wrote:
what is your happiest memory and what is your saddest?

Happiest memory: Being first greeted by the dog I love.

Saddest memory: Don't want to talk about it.
tejretics
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2016 10:42:30 AM
At 1/31/2016 5:02:30 PM, Buddamoose wrote:

It's a name I created for my email ID many years ago, with my nickname "Tej" (pronounced with "t" as in "tea," "e" as in "bet," "j" as in "jump.") and short for "reticulated python," which used to be an animal species I was especially fascinated by.
tejretics
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2016 10:43:31 AM
At 1/31/2016 5:08:09 PM, famousdebater wrote:
Honest opinion?

You're a good debater and are constantly improving. Sadly, the RFD's I've seen from you haven't been so good. As a person, I haven't interacted with you enough to know.
tejretics
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2016 10:52:35 AM
At 1/31/2016 7:20:56 PM, The-Voice-of-Truth wrote:

Standard:

Thriller

Favorite movies/shows?

House, M.D.

N/S

English, biology.

Mac or PC?

A Mac is technically a "personal computer," so I'm not really sure what you mean. If you mean laptop vs conventional PC, laptop.

Wait Wut:
If you were being forced to release a deadly disease on a major metropolitan population, what would it be and why?

Infertility - counts as "deadly," technically fits the term "disease" (just not an infectious one), and because it would reduce populations.

As small as an electron.

White America or Kim?

what?

Are you a Basic Bro?

what?

Because cats are adorable

I dunno

Other:
Yes or no?

No.

Who dunnit?

Nobody.

Why ask such weird questions?

(1) Get infinite wishes
(2) Save the world and animals, create the society I'd see as ideal
(3) A sandwich with lemonade

Airmax, because of the endless perseverance and determination he has in moderating the site and remaining calm and cool regardless of situation.

If you had to do the exact same thing for the rest of your life and nothing else, what would it be?

DDO

One moment when the dog went missing and we thought he had ran out, and I got all shaky and stuff. We found him in the bathroom, and I literally cried with relief next to my mom. That was scary.

Honest opinion of meh?

Lots of fun to talk to, but way to far-right on issues. :P

You're a pretty good debater, but I haven't really seen excellent RFD's from you.
tejretics
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2016 10:53:02 AM
At 2/1/2016 1:16:53 AM, bballcrook21 wrote:

Honest opinion or whatever it is.

Idk
The-Voice-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2016 1:19:53 PM
At 2/2/2016 10:52:35 AM, tejretics wrote:
At 1/31/2016 7:20:56 PM, The-Voice-of-Truth wrote:

Standard:

Thriller

Love those.

Favorite movies/shows?

House, M.D.

Mmm.

N/S

Mmm.

English, biology.

Both subjects are fun. :)

Mac or PC?

A Mac is technically a "personal computer," so I'm not really sure what you mean. If you mean laptop vs conventional PC, laptop.

Yeah, yeah, that's what I mean.

Wait Wut:

Infertility - counts as "deadly," technically fits the term "disease" (just not an infectious one), and because it would reduce populations.

Creative. I like it.

As small as an electron.

Same.

White America or Kim?

what?

Songs used by the U.S military to deprive prisoners of sleep as a means of torture. Be advised that both are really horrible:
https://www.youtube.com...

Are you a Basic Bro?

what?

Refer to this: https://www.youtube.com...

Because cats are adorable

+1

I dunno

Other:
Yes or no?

No.

Gud

Who dunnit?

Nobody.

Gud

Why ask such weird questions?

To see what kind of responses I get :P

(1) Get infinite wishes

Same
(2) Save the world and animals, create the society I'd see as ideal

Same
(3) A sandwich with lemonade

Best wish ever.

Airmax, because of the endless perseverance and determination he has in moderating the site and remaining calm and cool regardless of situation.

This is the first good answer I have ever gotten to this question, lol.

DDO

Good answer. :)

One moment when the dog went missing and we thought he had ran out, and I got all shaky and stuff. We found him in the bathroom, and I literally cried with relief next to my mom. That was scary.

Had similar situations happen to me. I know the feeling.

Honest opinion of meh?

Lots of fun to talk to, but way to far-right on issues. :P

Lol, thanks. Just know that there are people even farther right then me (and that's kinda scary).

You're a pretty good debater, but I haven't really seen excellent RFD's from you.

Thanks! Yeah, I don't like taking the time to really vote and make superb RFDs. I usually target FFs and concessions. Lol.
Suh dude

"Because we all know who the most important snowflake in the wasteland is... It's YOU, champ! You're a special snowflake." -Vaarka, 01:30 in the hangouts

"Screw laying siege to Korea. That usually takes an hour or so." -Vaarka

"Crap, what is my religion again?" -Vaarka

I'm Rick Harrison and this is my pawn shop. I work here with my old man and my son, Big Hoss, and in 23 years I've learned one thing. You never know what is gonna come through that door.
ColeTrain
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2016 1:58:18 PM
At 2/2/2016 10:39:29 AM, tejretics wrote:
At 2/2/2016 3:08:40 AM, ColeTrain wrote:

Honest opinion of me?

You're a good debater and are becoming a fairly good voter. Your debating style is a lot like mine used to be. You're also a decent person.

Decent, lol.

Best friend on the site?

YYW, Voice-of-Truth, Diqiucun_Cunmin, 16k, ResponsiblyIrresponsible. Basically the five people I've talked the most to on non-serious stuff.

Cool! :)

I dunno -- maybe Bernie Sanders or even Hillary Clinton

I didn't know if you'd really have an opinion, just asking.

Greatest fear?

Fear that life will become boring, with no reason to live. I'm not afraid of death so much as afraid of being put into a situation where I want to die.

Hmm. Interesting.

Didn't think of that, sorry. PM me. :P

What language(s)?

Best book you have read?

Christopher Hitchens' "Arguably," Dan Brown's "Angels and Demons."

Haven't read either.
"I mean, at this rate, I'd argue for a ham sandwich presidency." -- ResponsiblyIrresponsible
"Hillary Clinton is not my favorite person ... and her campaign is as inspiring as a bowl of cottage cheese." -- YYW
tejretics
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2016 4:51:02 PM
@ColeTrain

Bsh1 is probably on that list of friends as well, as are n7 and Fkkize.
ColeTrain
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2016 6:08:04 PM
At 2/2/2016 4:51:02 PM, tejretics wrote:
@ColeTrain

Bsh1 is probably on that list of friends as well, as are n7 and Fkkize.

Cool. :)
Briannj17
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2016 6:25:55 PM

What do you enjoy specifically about House M.D?

Why would you find being as small as an electron as better than a tall skyscraper?

If you only had three wishes it would be impossible to wish for infinite wishes. SO what would your first wish be again?

Who do you look up to in your life aside from DDO? Or who so you wish to be most like in your life?

What career are you most interested in? Medical Doctor?

What would you ask me?
http://www.debate.org...
King of Poetry in this poem lacking era
tejretics
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2016 11:14:15 AM
At 2/2/2016 6:25:55 PM, Briannj17 wrote:

What do you enjoy specifically about House M.D?

The medicine and the humor.

Why would you find being as small as an electron as better than a tall skyscraper?

If I was as big as a tall skyscraper, it would cause levels of intimidation enough to jeopardize my safety from other normal-sized humans.

If you only had three wishes it would be impossible to wish for infinite wishes. SO what would your first wish be again?

Actually, I was just trolling on those wishes. All I'd like is "a sandwich," which is metaphorical for I don't like the idea of my getting three wishes of my choice -- it seems too powerful and too unfair.

Who do you look up to in your life aside from DDO? Or who so you wish to be most like in your life?

I don't wish to be like anyone, but for the people I admire, look at my photo album of the same name.

What career are you most interested in? Medical Doctor?

No. In a realistic world, I'd want to work in research, specifically in ethology. If "most interested in" includes an ideal world, I'd become a reputed writer. My life plan is to get a degree, work in research for a while while writing simultaneously, and then slowly transition to writing once I am secure financially.

What would you ask me?

Idk
philochristos
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2016 3:22:01 PM

1. Who do you think will win the republican nomination?
2. Who do you think will win the democratic nomination?
3. Who should I vote for in the end?
4. How does one know when they have fallen in love?
5. How does one know when it's time to end the relationship?
6. What's your view on the morality and legality of abortion under varying circumstances, i.e. different stages of pregnancy, accidental pregnancy vs. rape, etc.?
7. How can one know that the external world exists and isn't just an illusion?
8. How can one know that the universe and all of us didn't just pop into existence a few moments ago with all of us having false memories of a past that never really happened?
9. How do you feel about Downton Abbey?
10. How do you feel about the Big Bang Theory (the TV show)?
"Not to know of what things one should demand demonstration, and of what one should not, argues want of education." ~Aristotle

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." ~Aristotle
tejretics
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2016 3:26:23 PM
At 2/3/2016 3:22:01 PM, philochristos wrote:

1. Who do you think will win the republican nomination?

Trump

2. Who do you think will win the democratic nomination?

Clinton

3. Who should I vote for in the end?

Between Clinton and Trump, Clinton.

4. How does one know when they have fallen in love?

Idk

5. How does one know when it's time to end the relationship?

Idk

6. What's your view on the morality and legality of abortion under varying circumstances, i.e. different stages of pregnancy, accidental pregnancy vs. rape, etc.?

Abortion should be legal in all cases with consent of the mother for up to 24 weeks of pregnancy. I think it isn't immoral as well.

7. How can one know that the external world exists and isn't just an illusion?

You can't know for certain, but many things -- such as abductive reasoning -- suggest the existence of an external world.

8. How can one know that the universe and all of us didn't just pop into existence a few moments ago with all of us having false memories of a past that never really happened?

One can't, but by probabilistic reasoning, this one makes a lot more assumptions than other propositions.

9. How do you feel about Downton Abbey?

Haven't watched it - based on the "sneak peak" advertisements, not good.

10. How do you feel about the Big Bang Theory (the TV show)?

I dunno. My mom loves it though.
Hayd
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/5/2016 1:58:14 AM

Honest opinion?
tejretics
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/27/2016 8:33:35 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 2/5/2016 1:58:14 AM, Hayd wrote:

Honest opinion?

I forgot to get to this. I sincerely apologize for that.

You're a fantastic debater, and are the one I've most enjoyed debating. I dislike to use the style you use personally--since I see it as lacking emotion and being overly mechanical--but it works for you when it comes to winning debates, and it's a great style (just not something I personally like). I thoroughly enjoyed our debate, and you were very convincing while using your statistics, and I think your defeat of me was justified. That was a lot of fun, so thanks! You're also a fun person to talk to and I can see we think in a similar way--we should talk more. You're new to mafia, so there's room for improvement, yet thus far (without any offense) I don't see you as a phenomenal player--but you're smart enough to improve swiftly.
Hayd
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/27/2016 5:59:16 PM
At 2/27/2016 8:33:35 AM, tejretics wrote:
At 2/5/2016 1:58:14 AM, Hayd wrote:

Honest opinion?

I forgot to get to this. I sincerely apologize for that.

You're a fantastic debater, and are the one I've most enjoyed debating. I dislike to use the style you use personally--since I see it as lacking emotion and being overly mechanical--but it works for you when it comes to winning debates, and it's a great style (just not something I personally like). I thoroughly enjoyed our debate, and you were very convincing while using your statistics, and I think your defeat of me was justified. That was a lot of fun, so thanks! You're also a fun person to talk to and I can see we think in a similar way--we should talk more. You're new to mafia, so there's room for improvement, yet thus far (without any offense) I don't see you as a phenomenal player--but you're smart enough to improve swiftly.

This made my day, thanks :)

We should talk more
Maikuru
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/27/2016 6:14:45 PM
At 1/31/2016 5:02:30 PM, Buddamoose wrote:

I was going to ask that you little...
"You assume I wouldn't want to burn this whole place to the ground."
- lamerde

https://i.imgflip.com...
Maikuru
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/27/2016 6:17:28 PM

1. If you could have one superpower, what would it be? What would you do with it?

2. If you could travel back in time, where would you go?

3. If you could have one profession, regardless of current feasibility, what would it be?

4. If you could know one thing about your future, what would it be?

5. If you hadn't discovered DDO, what would you have most likely done with the free time?
"You assume I wouldn't want to burn this whole place to the ground."
- lamerde

https://i.imgflip.com...
tajshar2k
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/27/2016 10:26:31 PM

honest opinion?
"In Guns We Trust" Tajshar2k
tejretics
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/28/2016 3:44:43 AM
At 2/27/2016 6:17:28 PM, Maikuru wrote:

1. If you could have one superpower, what would it be? What would you do with it?

I really wouldn't want to have one at all. Having one merely removes the constraints that make life interesting.

2. If you could travel back in time, where would you go?

The period of the French Revolution.

3. If you could have one profession, regardless of current feasibility, what would it be?

My "dream profession" is pretty feasible. I'd like to work in research (specifically in evolutionary biology and ethology), and then transition to writing.

4. If you could know one thing about your future, what would it be?

I would like to know if I get to write a bestselling non-fiction book.

5. If you hadn't discovered DDO, what would you have most likely done with the free time?

Very tough question. I really don't know. These days, I keep forgetting what I used to do before DDO. Perhaps read more or blog. But my writing, etc wouldn't have had nearly as much quality as it does thanks to DDO.