Total Posts:8|Showing Posts:1-8
Jump to topic:

Topics I Might Be Willing To Debate:

YYW
Posts: 42,286
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/31/2016 6:51:44 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
This list will describe the topics I might be willing to debate. Might is the operative word. I reserve the right to not debate for any reason I chose, obviously, but, in particular, because of constraints on my time.

(This is the product of a lazy Sunday morning.)

1. Donald Trump's success has significantly changed the norms associated with Republican political primaries.

2. Too many people go to graduate school.

3. Cocaine should be legal.

4. The Republican Establishment has lost grip of its party.

I am also open to suggestions.
Trump's Criminal Campaign and Presidency:

http://www.debate.org...

Where we were, on Trump:

http://www.debate.org...

Russia: The Update

http://www.debate.org...
YYW
Posts: 42,286
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/31/2016 6:56:53 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/31/2016 6:54:54 PM, Wylted wrote:
I hope number 4 is true. That would be a good thing.

I think it is, based on this, and the last primary.
Trump's Criminal Campaign and Presidency:

http://www.debate.org...

Where we were, on Trump:

http://www.debate.org...

Russia: The Update

http://www.debate.org...
The-Voice-of-Truth
Posts: 9,466
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/31/2016 7:08:20 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/31/2016 6:56:53 PM, YYW wrote:
At 1/31/2016 6:54:54 PM, Wylted wrote:
I hope number 4 is true. That would be a good thing.

I think it is, based on this, and the last primary.

I would very much like it if the GOP were to go belly-up. It would give rise to more respectable parties, like the Tea Party (if they were to every actually organize) or the Libertarian Party.
"...feminazis, my favorite number..." ~PeterSmith

"Add that to the Bible, I guess." ~Max

"Isn't everything on this site my arbitrary whim?" ~Max

"If anyone wants to engage in casual anti-Semitism, then whatever." ~Max

Vaarka swung his sword at the mod. However, since I am now incorporeal, he ends up accidentally striking the entire American landmass (It's a REALLY bastard sword), destroying both continents. Spiders are now at 50% of capacity."
1harderthanyouthink
Posts: 13,568
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/31/2016 7:17:59 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/31/2016 6:51:44 PM, YYW wrote:
1. Donald Trump's success has significantly changed the norms associated with Republican political primaries.

Is that really a debatable topic?
"It's the PUPPY IN THE SKY!" -TBR's kid

DDO Risk King
YYW
Posts: 42,286
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/31/2016 7:18:39 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/31/2016 7:17:59 PM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
At 1/31/2016 6:51:44 PM, YYW wrote:
1. Donald Trump's success has significantly changed the norms associated with Republican political primaries.

Is that really a debatable topic?

Yes. Many members of the Republican establishment would strongly disagree with the claim there.
Trump's Criminal Campaign and Presidency:

http://www.debate.org...

Where we were, on Trump:

http://www.debate.org...

Russia: The Update

http://www.debate.org...
1harderthanyouthink
Posts: 13,568
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/31/2016 7:20:05 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/31/2016 7:18:39 PM, YYW wrote:
At 1/31/2016 7:17:59 PM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
At 1/31/2016 6:51:44 PM, YYW wrote:
1. Donald Trump's success has significantly changed the norms associated with Republican political primaries.

Is that really a debatable topic?

Yes. Many members of the Republican establishment would strongly disagree with the claim there.

*Out of public necessity.
"It's the PUPPY IN THE SKY!" -TBR's kid

DDO Risk King
mc9
Posts: 1,550
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/31/2016 11:31:21 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/31/2016 6:51:44 PM, YYW wrote:
This list will describe the topics I might be willing to debate. Might is the operative word. I reserve the right to not debate for any reason I chose, obviously, but, in particular, because of constraints on my time.

(This is the product of a lazy Sunday morning.)

1. Donald Trump's success has significantly changed the norms associated with Republican political primaries.

2. Too many people go to graduate school.

3. Cocaine should be legal.

4. The Republican Establishment has lost grip of its party.

I am also open to suggestions.

I might debate three and I have some as well.

Affirmative action, con

Racial profiling, con

Death penalty, con

Draft kings is a game of skill, either way
Stan is better than bad guy if you disagree with me you're wrong