Jump to topic:

Found a New Fav Computer Game

The-Voice-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2016 12:06:07 AM
Posted: 10 months ago
It's called Just Shoot. Literally, my entire senior class played this game the entire 2nd half of the day.
Suh dude

"Because we all know who the most important snowflake in the wasteland is... It's YOU, champ! You're a special snowflake." -Vaarka, 01:30 in the hangouts

"Screw laying siege to Korea. That usually takes an hour or so." -Vaarka

"Crap, what is my religion again?" -Vaarka

I'm Rick Harrison and this is my pawn shop. I work here with my old man and my son, Big Hoss, and in 23 years I've learned one thing. You never know what is gonna come through that door.
Vaarka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2016 2:02:31 AM
At 2/2/2016 12:06:07 AM, The-Voice-of-Truth wrote:
It's called Just Shoot. Literally, my entire senior class played this game the entire 2nd half of the day.

You should play osu ;3
You're probably thinking right now "haha I'm a genius". Well you're not -Valkrin

inferno: "I don't know, are you attracted to women?"
ButterCatX: "No, Vaarka is mine!"

All hail scum Vaarka, wielder of the bastard sword, smiter of nations, destroyer of spiders -VOT

"Vaarka, I've been thinking about this for a long time now," (pulls out small box made of macaroni) "W-will you be my noodle buddy?" -Kirigaya
Torton
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2016 2:11:25 AM
Oh, dear, that sounds like the very definition of a lame fad; people totally aren't going to abandon it after a few days. Got a link, though?
The-Voice-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2016 1:03:22 PM
At 2/2/2016 2:11:25 AM, Torton wrote:
Oh, dear, that sounds like the very definition of a lame fad; people totally aren't going to abandon it after a few days. Got a link, though?

It's a download, and someone AirDropped it to me.
Suh dude

"Because we all know who the most important snowflake in the wasteland is... It's YOU, champ! You're a special snowflake." -Vaarka, 01:30 in the hangouts

I'm Rick Harrison and this is my pawn shop. I work here with my old man and my son, Big Hoss, and in 23 years I've learned one thing. You never know what is gonna come through that door.
Torton
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2016 5:29:53 PM
At 2/2/2016 1:03:22 PM, The-Voice-of-Truth wrote:

Right, but there has to be a source for it, somewhere. I've looked for it, but couldn't find anything, especially since Shoot is such a generic term.
The-Voice-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2016 6:11:52 PM
At 2/2/2016 5:29:53 PM, Torton wrote:

Right, but there has to be a source for it, somewhere. I've looked for it, but couldn't find anything, especially since Shoot is such a generic term.

No, the game is called "Just Shoot," not "Shoot."
Suh dude

Torton
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2016 6:21:15 PM
At 2/2/2016 6:11:52 PM, The-Voice-of-Truth wrote:
At 2/2/2016 5:29:53 PM, Torton wrote:

No, the game is called "Just Shoot," not "Shoot."
Oh, ok. Thought you said the game was just called Shoot.
Link, for anyone interested: http://gamejolt.com...
Torton
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2016 6:38:34 PM
At 2/2/2016 6:32:35 PM, Valkrin wrote:
What's the premise of the game?
It's basically the premise of Divekick translated into First Person Shooters. The premise of Divekick (and this Just Shoot), which is a fighting game, is that one hit results in a loss of the round, and from the description, it looks the same for this game. It was a pretty unorthodox idea, but people quickly realized it had legitimate strategy to it (and was pretty damn fun, as well).

I'm not sure how well they translated the idea to an FPS, though.
Torton
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2016 7:18:36 PM
Alright, so I played a round with bots, and here's my conclusion: The idea is implemented way better than I had expected, and it's genuinely fun. I also like that the character models are a spoof of Halo.

I've yet to play online, but if it has an active community, I probably will.
The-Voice-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2016 8:39:50 PM
At 2/2/2016 7:18:36 PM, Torton wrote:
Alright, so I played a round with bots, and here's my conclusion: The idea is implemented way better than I had expected, and it's genuinely fun. I also like that the character models are a spoof of Halo.

I thought the same thing about Halo, and a chick I know actually voiced the thought (which I didn't expect coming from a girl like her, lol). It is vary well-made.

I've yet to play online, but if it has an active community, I probably will.

I don't play online. I just get with 7-10 other people and we rek it in a LAN server.
Suh dude