Jump to topic:

Can my parents do this to me?

Laguanna
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2016 11:33:12 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
Hi, Im new to this forum and I don't really know much but, I live in Henrico, Virginia and my county issues middle schoolers and high schoolers laptops for the year and I was at home on it doing my homework and my dad asked me what I was doing and he said I should be doing my homework before I answer him and I told him "Im done with my math...." And he looked at it and told me to pull up my English and start on it then he walls a couple feet away and as Im getting it up, he asks me if I pulled it up and I said "Does it look like I did?" Then we proceeded to argue and he told me to give him my school laptop and I said "No, I'm about to do my homework that's on my computer" and lets say I kept saying no until we got physical and he forced me to give him it and he broke the CD tray cover and said I wasn't getting it back and I need it tomorrow for a test and he won't give me my school laptop.. I tried talking to my mom about talking to him and she agrees with his punishment.. I told him that I'd tell the school that he basically stole school property as I need to return it at the end of the year. I don't know what I should do. Any help?
Vaarka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2016 11:48:55 PM
I can see you've got 'those' kind of parents *pats back*
You're probably thinking right now "haha I'm a genius". Well you're not -Valkrin

inferno: "I don't know, are you attracted to women?"
ButterCatX: "No, Vaarka is mine!"

All hail scum Vaarka, wielder of the bastard sword, smiter of nations, destroyer of spiders -VOT

"Vaarka, I've been thinking about this for a long time now," (pulls out small box made of macaroni) "W-will you be my noodle buddy?" -Kirigaya
Torton
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2016 11:51:37 PM
That's not really theft, but I imagine they might have to pay for the damage done to it, depending on how much your school district cares.
Laguanna
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2016 11:54:56 PM
At 2/2/2016 11:51:37 PM, Torton wrote:
That's not really theft, but I imagine they might have to pay for the damage done to it, depending on how much your school district cares.

The school does care as they have to give it to other students the next year... I told my dad that I needed it and he won't give it to me and he took the charger and hid it so I have no idea where it is.
bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2016 11:59:30 PM
At 2/2/2016 11:54:56 PM, Laguanna wrote:

The school does care as they have to give it to other students the next year... I told my dad that I needed it and he won't give it to me and he took the charger and hid it so I have no idea where it is.

Report it to your school officials.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
Torton
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2016 12:02:07 AM

The school does care as they have to give it to other students the next year
Never said they didn't, hence depending.
Laguanna
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2016 12:10:58 AM
At 2/3/2016 12:02:07 AM, Torton wrote:

The school does care as they have to give it to other students the next year
Never said they didn't, hence depending.

Yeah I get what you're saying on that, and I'm planning on telling them maybe Friday because he might give it to me tomorrow but, I don't know yet.
PetersSmith
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2016 12:15:18 AM
At 2/2/2016 11:33:12 PM, Laguanna wrote:
Hi, Im new to this forum and I don't really know much but, I live in Henrico, Virginia and my county issues middle schoolers and high schoolers laptops for the year and I was at home on it doing my homework and my dad asked me what I was doing and he said I should be doing my homework before I answer him and I told him "Im done with my math...." And he looked at it and told me to pull up my English and start on it then he walls a couple feet away and as Im getting it up, he asks me if I pulled it up and I said "Does it look like I did?" Then we proceeded to argue and he told me to give him my school laptop and I said "No, I'm about to do my homework that's on my computer" and lets say I kept saying no until we got physical and he forced me to give him it and he broke the CD tray cover and said I wasn't getting it back and I need it tomorrow for a test and he won't give me my school laptop.. I tried talking to my mom about talking to him and she agrees with his punishment.. I told him that I'd tell the school that he basically stole school property as I need to return it at the end of the year. I don't know what I should do. Any help?

It's not "theft" since the school lent it to you, but he technically damaged school property and is also impairing your function to be academically successful. Thus, you should probably tell the administration.
Empress of DDO (also Poll and Forum "Maintenance" Moderator)

"The two most important days in your life is the day you were born, and the day you find out why."
~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet just because there's a picture with a quote next to it."
~Abraham Lincoln

Guide to the Polls Section: http://www.debate.org...
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2016 12:18:18 AM
Her was your mistake. The phrase "does it look like I did". You're so lucky, my asss got the belt if I back talked like that
Laguanna
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2016 12:18:26 AM
At 2/3/2016 12:10:03 AM, Wylted wrote:
If you stop being a dick, your dad will give it back

Maybe you should stop chocking on dick and gtfo unless you're going to help, I wouldn't post if I didn't need help but no, I needed some advice and some help so that's why I posted.
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2016 12:19:47 AM
At 2/3/2016 12:18:26 AM, Laguanna wrote:

Maybe you should stop chocking on dick and gtfo unless you're going to help, I wouldn't post if I didn't need help but no, I needed some advice and some help so that's why I posted.

Why did ypu say "does it look like I did" to your father? Do you know how ignorant and disrespectful that is? You owe him an apology.
Laguanna
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2016 12:20:40 AM
At 2/3/2016 12:15:18 AM, PetersSmith wrote:
At 2/2/2016 11:33:12 PM, Laguanna wrote:

It's not "theft" since the school lent it to you, but he technically damaged school property and is also impairing your function to be academically successful. Thus, you should probably tell the administration.
Yeah, I was planning that on Friday if I didn't get it back tomorrow or the next day instead of going straight there and then having him return it after I told the administration
Laguanna
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2016 12:23:19 AM
At 2/3/2016 12:19:47 AM, Wylted wrote:

Why did ypu say "does it look like I did" to your father? Do you know how ignorant and disrespectful that is? You owe him an apology.

Yeah, I do admit that was wrong but I was frustrated and I guess I was in the wrong, but the thing is that he was right there watching me and it annoys me when people stare at you and ask you something when they're looking right at it.. It's a "Pet peeve" of mine.
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2016 12:26:45 AM
At 2/3/2016 12:23:19 AM, Laguanna wrote:
At 2/3/2016 12:19:47 AM, Wylted wrote:

Yeah, I do admit that was wrong but I was frustrated and I guess I was in the wrong, but the thing is that he was right there watching me and it annoys me when people stare at you and ask you something when they're looking right at it.. It's a "Pet peeve" of mine.

I admit your father is clearly a beta male and an idiot, but his ignorance does not excuse yours. Play by the idiot's rules and respect the Beta male until you have some independence.
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2016 12:29:17 AM
Oh and your mom is an even bigger piece of crap than your dad for going along with this. Given the DNA you have, I expect you will end up worse than both
Torton
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2016 12:31:10 AM
At 2/3/2016 12:29:17 AM, Wylted wrote:
Oh and your mom is an even bigger piece of crap than your dad for going along with this. Given the DNA you have, I expect you will end up worse than both
Damn.
XLAV
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2016 12:56:18 AM

Savage
Vaarka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2016 12:56:31 AM
At 2/3/2016 12:31:10 AM, Torton wrote:
Damn.

Wylted has little concept of the word "chill"
You're probably thinking right now "haha I'm a genius". Well you're not -Valkrin

inferno: "I don't know, are you attracted to women?"
ButterCatX: "No, Vaarka is mine!"

All hail scum Vaarka, wielder of the bastard sword, smiter of nations, destroyer of spiders -VOT

"Vaarka, I've been thinking about this for a long time now," (pulls out small box made of macaroni) "W-will you be my noodle buddy?" -Kirigaya
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2016 12:57:19 AM
At 2/3/2016 12:56:31 AM, Vaarka wrote:
At 2/3/2016 12:31:10 AM, Torton wrote:
Damn.

Wylted has little concept of the word "chill"

Thanks
Laguanna
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2016 1:32:27 AM

I can't say no to that, my dad does have a criminal history for assualt
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2016 1:36:29 AM
At 2/3/2016 1:32:27 AM, Laguanna wrote:

Definitely Beta. Real men can keep their emotions in check. If he is too much of a Pvssy to control his emotions, he is not a man.

I have a few suggestions to get rid of him if you want, and get a new daddy. Take some nude pictures of yourself and put them in his dresser drawer, then call the cops and say he molested you, and then you can get a new daddy
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2016 1:37:52 AM
If you need physical evidence to make sure the charges stick well.... Actually we won't get into that.
n7
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2016 1:46:43 AM
At 2/3/2016 1:36:29 AM, Wylted wrote:
At 2/3/2016 1:32:27 AM, Laguanna wrote:

Definitely Beta. Real men can keep their emotions in check. If he is too much of a Pvssy to control his emotions, he is not a man.

I have a few suggestions to get rid of him if you want, and get a new daddy. Take some nude pictures of yourself and put them in his dresser drawer, then call the cops and say he molested you, and then you can get a new daddy
404 coherent debate topic not found. Please restart the debate with clear resolution.

Uphold Marxist-Leninist-Maoist-Sargonist-n7ism.
tajshar2k
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2016 10:38:22 PM
At 2/3/2016 12:18:18 AM, Wylted wrote:
Her was your mistake. The phrase "does it look like I did". You're so lucky, my asss got the belt if I back talked like that

+1
"In Guns We Trust" Tajshar2k