Total Posts:83|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

What is it like to be a white minority

Wylted
Posts: 21,167
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/5/2016 5:31:10 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
This is true stuff about what it's like to be a white person in a predominately black area. I experienced this for much of my childhood.

When I was a child my family was poor. I mean really poor. We didn't have the electricity on half the time. I'd go weeks or months at a time just eatibg Ramen noodles. I can't stand the sight of them anymore, and whenever I see somebody who is well off eating them, the irrational side of me wants to punch them in their face. Who would eat that crap if they have the option not to. Fvck you Bladeoftruth for eating Ramen.

Anyway, my dad qualified for what is known as section 8 housing. For tgose white people reading this it means that my family was allowed the privilege if living in the ghetto for a reduced rent rate. Thank you governmnt for letting a luttle white kid live in the most dangerous community in Wilmington North Carolina (I won't name the neighborhood, but I do hear they cleaned it up since then). This neighborhood was all black. Not even a majority black, it was all black. My family was the only white people stupid enough to move into a neighborhood cops refused to patrol because they wouldn't make it out alive.
We'd have to sleep on the floor because their were gun shots everynight, and we thought sleeping on the floor would help us avoid stray bullets. Everytime we'd leave the house it seemed it would be broken into and robbed. I really think this was just an intimidation thing. We never had anything to steal, they just wanted to intimidate the one white family who moved in for who knows what reason. My Dad was mugged several times.

My family sucks. I took the bus to school. I was taunted at the bus stop, I was attacked physically and often. This is why I don't care if people see me as racist and have no pity for blacks who feel oppressed by the system. Tulle can come on here and discuss racism all sge wants, but she has never felt real racism. Most people who claim they have, have never been beaten and bloody, near unconsciousness, not knowing if they'll make it out of a confrontation with real racists alive. No Tulle, you have never felt real racism. Your ancestors perhaps did and have my sympathy, but I don't feel sorry for any upper middle class black kids who were micro-aggressed. Get a life.

Getting on the bus would be even worse. You think it's bad what they do it me in the open where people can drive by and see us, you should've seen the back of the bus. Luckily the bus driver who was a sweet black woman knew what was up. She'd not only force me to sit in the front of the bus right behind her, but reserved that seat specially for me. Many SJWs might call this woman racist for having a whites only seat on the bus, but I feel like she saved my life and kept me safe.

Don't get me wrong. School sucked. There was never ending taunting. Not only by the students but by staff. Teachers intervened with the kids taunting me on occasion, but it always seemed like an inconvenience. Like they were doing their job, but took the side of the kids who taunted me. I know what you guys picture when I say predominately black school or neighborhood, but you're wrong. We're not talking about a school with 10% whites or 5% whites or even 1%. If there were other white people in this school, I didn't notice them. Honestly I wouldn't be surprised if I was the first white person these kids seen, and this is in a city that is mostly white, but it seemed segregated.

I remember one time in school that marked a point where I got taunted even more, even though I didn't think it was possible. There was a lice outbreak. Since teachers and students only thought white people could get it, not only were they shocked that black kids had lice, they naturally blamed me for the outbreak. I did catch lice also, so the fact they found them on me seemed to confirm their theory. The school counselors called my parents in and berated them for not making sure I had better hygiene.

In Wilmington North Carolina around that time, it wasn't uncommon for the KKK have a little march. There was always racial tension, but the KKK liked to make it even worse by not only marching, but marching close to or through the neighborhood I stayed in. After a march, stuff would get worse for me for a few weeks. More taunting more beatings. Thanks KKK, for making my childhood even worse. You guys are the best.

You might ask me if I made any black friends during that time, and the answer would be no. Many of the bkack kids who didn't taunt or beat me, still hated me. The ones that didn't hate me, couldn't risk their reputation by associating with me. I can't blame them, why would they voluntarily submit themselves to that torture by associating with me. No, I didn't have black friends until I started going to predominately white schools, and since I was the poor kid and an outcast just like them, funny enough. I only had black friends. My firat little girlfriend was black as well.

This isn't about my time in predominately white schools and areas though. This is about my torturous childhood. This is about what it is like to actually face racism. This is about how much of a pvssy somebodyvis if they feel hurt because somebody micro aggressed them.

Some tips I wish I knew about being white in an all black area I can pass onto people entering the same situation. These are things that may havw made my childhood easier.

1. Be self deprecating. Instead of hating you for being white, perhaps the other kids will feel sorry for you because you're white.

2. Make friends with people. They will resist being your friend. They will try to fight you for attenpting friendship, but eventually their resolve will wear down, and they'll be forced to be your friend.

3. Have high self esteem. Kids can sense weakness, like a shark senses blood. Take your tauntings and beatings with a smile.

Eventually my dad did take us out of the ghetto. He at some point got fed up. In my opinion it took him too long. If your kids sleep on the floor to avoid being hit with stray bullets and you've been mugged several times, it maybe should be. Hint to get your shitt together.

This thread is here to expand on the white minority experience. If you've faced this, share your story. If you have quest ions about the experience, ask away. I'm an open bool about this subject, at this time.
Vox_Veritas
Posts: 7,075
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/5/2016 5:57:47 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
Nope. Black people aren't racist at all. Only whites can be racist.
Call me Vox, the Resident Contrarian of debate.org.

The DDO Blog:
https://debatedotorg.wordpress.com...

#drinkthecoffeenotthekoolaid
Vaarka
Posts: 7,629
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/5/2016 6:11:00 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
I learned something new about Wylted today.

Also, did people actually assume black people couldn't get lice back then?
You're probably thinking right now "haha I'm a genius". Well you're not -Valkrin

inferno: "I don't know, are you attracted to women?"
ButterCatX: "No, Vaarka is mine!"

All hail scum Vaarka, wielder of the bastard sword, smiter of nations, destroyer of spiders -VOT

"Vaarka, I've been thinking about this for a long time now," (pulls out small box made of macaroni) "W-will you be my noodle buddy?" -Kirigaya
Wylted
Posts: 21,167
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/5/2016 6:26:45 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 2/5/2016 6:11:00 PM, Vaarka wrote:
I learned something new about Wylted today.

Also, did people actually assume black people couldn't get lice back then?

I think that myth still exists.
Vaarka
Posts: 7,629
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/5/2016 6:27:19 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 2/5/2016 6:26:45 PM, Wylted wrote:
At 2/5/2016 6:11:00 PM, Vaarka wrote:
I learned something new about Wylted today.

Also, did people actually assume black people couldn't get lice back then?

I think that myth still exists.

I've never heard of that before XD
You're probably thinking right now "haha I'm a genius". Well you're not -Valkrin

inferno: "I don't know, are you attracted to women?"
ButterCatX: "No, Vaarka is mine!"

All hail scum Vaarka, wielder of the bastard sword, smiter of nations, destroyer of spiders -VOT

"Vaarka, I've been thinking about this for a long time now," (pulls out small box made of macaroni) "W-will you be my noodle buddy?" -Kirigaya
Vox_Veritas
Posts: 7,075
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/5/2016 7:17:45 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 2/5/2016 6:27:19 PM, Vaarka wrote:
At 2/5/2016 6:26:45 PM, Wylted wrote:
At 2/5/2016 6:11:00 PM, Vaarka wrote:
I learned something new about Wylted today.

Also, did people actually assume black people couldn't get lice back then?

I think that myth still exists.

I've never heard of that before XD

Black people can get lice, but if given the choice between black person hair and white person hair lice will almost always choose to set up shop in white people's hair. Black children suffer from lice at considerably lower rates than white children.
Call me Vox, the Resident Contrarian of debate.org.

The DDO Blog:
https://debatedotorg.wordpress.com...

#drinkthecoffeenotthekoolaid
Rosalie
Posts: 4,612
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/5/2016 7:37:43 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
Its hard to be white. All the Mexicans taunt white girls.
" We need more videos of cat's playing the piano on the internet" - My art professor.

"Criticism is easier to take when you realize that the only people who aren't criticized are those who don't take risks." - Donald Trump

Officially Mrs. 16Kadams 8-30-16
Wylted
Posts: 21,167
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/5/2016 7:45:15 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 2/5/2016 7:37:43 PM, Rosalie wrote:
Its hard to be white. All the Mexicans taunt white girls.

I lived in Florida, they do stare and whistle a lot from what I've seen
Buddamoose
Posts: 19,449
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/5/2016 7:51:00 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 2/5/2016 6:11:00 PM, Vaarka wrote:
I learned something new about Wylted today.

and holy sh!t was it a doozy. That explains why he has the mentality that he does. My own experience being one of the few white people in a predominantly black neighborhood was mostly pleasant though. Well after I made a couple friends that, which honestly wasn't until somebody tried mugging me... and I was lucky enough to get out of that mugging just because I carried a decent blade on me, and I was lucky enough to dodge the first attack cause I heard the guy coming up behind me... and the only reason I was able to was cause my phone had just died about 5 minutes previous so I didn't have my headphones on... yeah, lucky is an understatement

but Vox is right, social power+prejudice = racism. Black people do not have power societally and thus cannot be racist. Right guys? I mean, that's what all the cool kids say nowadays
"Reality is an illusion created due to a lack of alcohol"
-Airmax1227

"You were the moon all this time, and he was always there to make you shine."

"Was he the sun?"

"No honey, he was the darkness"

-Kazekirion
Buddamoose
Posts: 19,449
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/5/2016 7:54:51 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 2/5/2016 7:37:43 PM, Rosalie wrote:
Its hard to be white. All the Mexicans taunt white girls.

are you sure its not cat-calling from guys? I know living in Florida from what I've seen there is a prevalency of dislike from Hispanic women regarding attractive white women... funny enough, way more than black women, though you certainly see that dislike also. That usually stems from the fact that, much like whites who hold a contempt for interracial relationships, they see those people as stealing their potential partners away.
"Reality is an illusion created due to a lack of alcohol"
-Airmax1227

"You were the moon all this time, and he was always there to make you shine."

"Was he the sun?"

"No honey, he was the darkness"

-Kazekirion
Wylted
Posts: 21,167
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/5/2016 8:01:56 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 2/5/2016 7:51:00 PM, Buddamoose wrote:
At 2/5/2016 6:11:00 PM, Vaarka wrote:
I learned something new about Wylted today.

and holy sh!t was it a doozy. That explains why he has the mentality that he does. My own experience being one of the few white people in a predominantly black neighborhood was mostly pleasant though. Well after I made a couple friends that, which honestly wasn't until somebody tried mugging me... and I was lucky enough to get out of that mugging just because I carried a decent blade on me, and I was lucky enough to dodge the first attack cause I heard the guy coming up behind me... and the only reason I was able to was cause my phone had just died about 5 minutes previous so I didn't have my headphones on... yeah, lucky is an understatement

but Vox is right, social power+prejudice = racism. Black people do not have power societally and thus cannot be racist. Right guys? I mean, that's what all the cool kids say nowadays

The good thing about coming from that type of background is that it makes you more aware of your surroundings, and helps you develop street smarts. I bet. You insist on facing the door in resteraunts, make doubly sure to never flash money, and don't get overly friendly with charming vagrants who approach you.
Buddamoose
Posts: 19,449
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/5/2016 8:09:02 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 2/5/2016 7:51:00 PM, Buddamoose wrote:
At 2/5/2016 6:11:00 PM, Vaarka wrote:
I learned something new about Wylted today.

and holy sh!t was it a doozy. That explains why he has the mentality that he does. My own experience being one of the few white people in a predominantly black neighborhood was mostly pleasant though. Well after I made a couple friends that is

oh and I forgot to add once I purchased a couple guns too, nothing commands respect like cleaning a shotgun and pistol on your front porch in broad daylight.
"Reality is an illusion created due to a lack of alcohol"
-Airmax1227

"You were the moon all this time, and he was always there to make you shine."

"Was he the sun?"

"No honey, he was the darkness"

-Kazekirion
Buddamoose
Posts: 19,449
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/5/2016 8:11:27 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 2/5/2016 8:01:56 PM, Wylted wrote:

The good thing about coming from that type of background is that it makes you more aware of your surroundings

it does

, and helps you develop street smarts. I bet.

it does

You insist on facing the door in restaraunts

nah, I usually want a seat right next to an exit

, make doubly sure to never flash money

never flash money around , that's like a cardinal rule dude lol

, and don't get overly friendly with charming vagrants who approach you.

in a sense yes, you are correct.
"Reality is an illusion created due to a lack of alcohol"
-Airmax1227

"You were the moon all this time, and he was always there to make you shine."

"Was he the sun?"

"No honey, he was the darkness"

-Kazekirion
Buddamoose
Posts: 19,449
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/5/2016 8:13:55 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 2/5/2016 8:09:02 PM, Buddamoose wrote:
At 2/5/2016 7:51:00 PM, Buddamoose wrote:
At 2/5/2016 6:11:00 PM, Vaarka wrote:
I learned something new about Wylted today.

and holy sh!t was it a doozy. That explains why he has the mentality that he does. My own experience being one of the few white people in a predominantly black neighborhood was mostly pleasant though. Well after I made a couple friends that is

oh and I forgot to add once I purchased a couple guns too, nothing commands respect like cleaning a shotgun and pistol on your front porch in broad daylight.

Broad daylight because I wanted people to see, cause hell, if you're gonna try and rob me, you better aim for the head, cause if you don't I will turn right around and shoot till the mag is empty, idgaf
"Reality is an illusion created due to a lack of alcohol"
-Airmax1227

"You were the moon all this time, and he was always there to make you shine."

"Was he the sun?"

"No honey, he was the darkness"

-Kazekirion
Wylted
Posts: 21,167
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/5/2016 8:18:46 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
I'm actually glad my dad never had a gun. I don't think an explosive temper and guns, go hand in hand.
Buddamoose
Posts: 19,449
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/5/2016 8:22:08 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 2/5/2016 8:18:46 PM, Wylted wrote:
I'm actually glad my dad never had a gun. I don't think an explosive temper and guns, go hand in hand.

No they don't. I dont have an explosive temper, I got em for defense purposes and was lucky to never have to use them. While I had them were always loaded though. Fvck that locking stuff up in a safe nonsense
"Reality is an illusion created due to a lack of alcohol"
-Airmax1227

"You were the moon all this time, and he was always there to make you shine."

"Was he the sun?"

"No honey, he was the darkness"

-Kazekirion
Wylted
Posts: 21,167
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/5/2016 8:26:00 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 2/5/2016 8:22:08 PM, Buddamoose wrote:
At 2/5/2016 8:18:46 PM, Wylted wrote:
I'm actually glad my dad never had a gun. I don't think an explosive temper and guns, go hand in hand.

No they don't. I dont have an explosive temper, I got em for defense purposes and was lucky to never have to use them. While I had them were always loaded though. Fvck that locking stuff up in a safe nonsense

The problem with thatvis having an intruder use your own gun against you, but I'm sure you keep it close.

My fear of keeping it locked would be sleep walk killing somebody, though it is probably an irrational fear.
Buddamoose
Posts: 19,449
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/5/2016 8:29:36 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 2/5/2016 8:26:00 PM, Wylted wrote:
At 2/5/2016 8:22:08 PM, Buddamoose wrote:
At 2/5/2016 8:18:46 PM, Wylted wrote:
I'm actually glad my dad never had a gun. I don't think an explosive temper and guns, go hand in hand.

No they don't. I dont have an explosive temper, I got em for defense purposes and was lucky to never have to use them. While I had them were always loaded though. Fvck that locking stuff up in a safe nonsense

The problem with thatvis having an intruder use your own gun against you, but I'm sure you keep it close.

Pistol in nightstand drawer, shotgun under bed on side I slept on. I had an upstairs bedroom at the time, so I would have likely heard someone breaking in before they got upstairs cause I always slept sans any background noise in silence for that reason.

My fear of keeping it locked would be sleep walk killing somebody, though it is probably an irrational fear.

Quite irrational, yes lol
"Reality is an illusion created due to a lack of alcohol"
-Airmax1227

"You were the moon all this time, and he was always there to make you shine."

"Was he the sun?"

"No honey, he was the darkness"

-Kazekirion
Wylted
Posts: 21,167
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/5/2016 8:30:35 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 2/5/2016 8:29:36 PM, Buddamoose wrote:
At 2/5/2016 8:26:00 PM, Wylted wrote:
At 2/5/2016 8:22:08 PM, Buddamoose wrote:
At 2/5/2016 8:18:46 PM, Wylted wrote:
I'm actually glad my dad never had a gun. I don't think an explosive temper and guns, go hand in hand.

No they don't. I dont have an explosive temper, I got em for defense purposes and was lucky to never have to use them. While I had them were always loaded though. Fvck that locking stuff up in a safe nonsense

The problem with thatvis having an intruder use your own gun against you, but I'm sure you keep it close.

Pistol in nightstand drawer, shotgun under bed on side I slept on. I had an upstairs bedroom at the time, so I would have likely heard someone breaking in before they got upstairs cause I always slept sans any background noise in silence for that reason.

My fear of keeping it locked would be sleep walk killing somebody, though it is probably an irrational fear.

Quite irrational, yes lol

Oh another fear is my fiance. I pisss her off a lot, lol.
Buddamoose
Posts: 19,449
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/5/2016 8:32:07 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
Anyone I was close to at the time knew not to try and let themselves in and let me know if they were coming over late or what not. Cause I straight up told them, I wasnt the kind to ask questions first, I was the type that asked later when chances are you aren't gonna get an answer back anyways.
"Reality is an illusion created due to a lack of alcohol"
-Airmax1227

"You were the moon all this time, and he was always there to make you shine."

"Was he the sun?"

"No honey, he was the darkness"

-Kazekirion
Buddamoose
Posts: 19,449
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/5/2016 8:34:58 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 2/5/2016 8:30:35 PM, Wylted wrote:

Oh another fear is my fiance. I pisss her off a lot, lol.

now that, is a rational fear indeed xD
"Reality is an illusion created due to a lack of alcohol"
-Airmax1227

"You were the moon all this time, and he was always there to make you shine."

"Was he the sun?"

"No honey, he was the darkness"

-Kazekirion
lamerde
Posts: 1,416
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/5/2016 11:34:11 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
I like ramen.
Why I ignore YYW:
http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...
Calling someone a bitch multiple times while claiming you're taking the high road is an art form, I suppose: http://www.debate.org...
lamerde
Posts: 1,416
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/5/2016 11:37:24 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
Maybe you don't like ramen because you're not eating it right.
Why I ignore YYW:
http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...
Calling someone a bitch multiple times while claiming you're taking the high road is an art form, I suppose: http://www.debate.org...
Rosalie
Posts: 4,612
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/5/2016 11:38:54 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 2/5/2016 11:37:24 PM, lamerde wrote:
Maybe you don't like ramen because you're not eating it right.

I love ramen! Lmao
" We need more videos of cat's playing the piano on the internet" - My art professor.

"Criticism is easier to take when you realize that the only people who aren't criticized are those who don't take risks." - Donald Trump

Officially Mrs. 16Kadams 8-30-16
Maikuru
Posts: 9,112
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/5/2016 11:41:27 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 2/5/2016 11:38:54 PM, Rosalie wrote:
At 2/5/2016 11:37:24 PM, lamerde wrote:
Maybe you don't like ramen because you're not eating it right.

I love ramen! Lmao

I think we can all agree that everybody likes ramen.
"You assume I wouldn't want to burn this whole place to the ground."
- lamerde

https://i.imgflip.com...
Rosalie
Posts: 4,612
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/5/2016 11:55:42 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 2/5/2016 11:41:27 PM, Maikuru wrote:
At 2/5/2016 11:38:54 PM, Rosalie wrote:
At 2/5/2016 11:37:24 PM, lamerde wrote:
Maybe you don't like ramen because you're not eating it right.

I love ramen! Lmao

I think we can all agree that everybody likes ramen.

Agreed. They just don't want to admit it.
" We need more videos of cat's playing the piano on the internet" - My art professor.

"Criticism is easier to take when you realize that the only people who aren't criticized are those who don't take risks." - Donald Trump

Officially Mrs. 16Kadams 8-30-16
Wylted
Posts: 21,167
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/6/2016 12:03:16 AM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 2/5/2016 11:37:24 PM, lamerde wrote:
Maybe you don't like ramen because you're not eating it right.

No I've perfected the Ramen.
Wylted
Posts: 21,167
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/6/2016 12:03:44 AM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 2/5/2016 11:38:54 PM, Rosalie wrote:
At 2/5/2016 11:37:24 PM, lamerde wrote:
Maybe you don't like ramen because you're not eating it right.

I love ramen! Lmao

Fvck you
Wylted
Posts: 21,167
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/6/2016 12:04:33 AM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 2/5/2016 11:41:27 PM, Maikuru wrote:
At 2/5/2016 11:38:54 PM, Rosalie wrote:
At 2/5/2016 11:37:24 PM, lamerde wrote:
Maybe you don't like ramen because you're not eating it right.

I love ramen! Lmao

I think we can all agree that everybody likes ramen.

I'm mad at all of you right now
Rosalie
Posts: 4,612
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/6/2016 12:08:23 AM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 2/6/2016 12:03:44 AM, Wylted wrote:
At 2/5/2016 11:38:54 PM, Rosalie wrote:
At 2/5/2016 11:37:24 PM, lamerde wrote:
Maybe you don't like ramen because you're not eating it right.

I love ramen! Lmao

Fvck you

...why? :(
" We need more videos of cat's playing the piano on the internet" - My art professor.

"Criticism is easier to take when you realize that the only people who aren't criticized are those who don't take risks." - Donald Trump

Officially Mrs. 16Kadams 8-30-16