Is this normal?

Rosalie
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/11/2016 7:47:36 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
My family runs a daycare.

As of a week ago, one of the kids has been going home to their parents talking about a girl names Suzie. The dad asks, "where have you seen suzie?" He said "at Rosalie's house".

My mom told me about this, and I got creeped out, so I decided to tall to the kid about it.

Me: "Luke, did you meet Suzie at my house?"

Luke "Yeah! She likes to play here at daycare!"

Me: "well, is Suzie here today?"

Luke "no, Suzie got in a car accident. She said she will be at your house on Friday at 7:zero zero o'clock!"

He mentioned that "Suzie has a friend named bendy..."

This kid talks constantly about Suzie. He wetted the bed the other day,and told me "Suzie told me to". His obsession has become creepy.

Maybe she's a imaginary friend, but is this to excessive...or am I being paranoid?

***note parents don't know anyone names suzie, he said he met her at my house..
" We need more videos of cat's playing the piano on the internet" - My art professor.

"Criticism is easier to take when you realize that the only people who aren't criticized are those who don't take risks." - Donald Trump
Vaarka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/11/2016 7:57:11 PM
At 2/11/2016 7:47:36 PM, Rosalie wrote:

As of a week ago, one of the kids has been going home to their parents talking about a girl names Suzie. The dad asks, "where have you seen suzie?" He said "at Rosalie's house".

My mom told me about this, and I got creeped out, so I decided to tall to the kid about it.

Luke "no, Suzie got in a car accident. She said she will be at your house on Friday at 7:zero zero o'clock!"

This kid talks constantly about Suzie. He wetted the bed the other day,and told me "Suzie told me to". His obsession has become creepy.

Maybe she's a imaginary friend, but is this to excessive...or am I being paranoid?

Have you ever considered obtaining a license to carry?
You're probably thinking right now "haha I'm a genius". Well you're not -Valkrin

inferno: "I don't know, are you attracted to women?"
ButterCatX: "No, Vaarka is mine!"

All hail scum Vaarka, wielder of the bastard sword, smiter of nations, destroyer of spiders -VOT

"Vaarka, I've been thinking about this for a long time now," (pulls out small box made of macaroni) "W-will you be my noodle buddy?" -Kirigaya
Rosalie
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/11/2016 7:59:44 PM
At 2/11/2016 7:57:11 PM, Vaarka wrote:

Ha....Ha....Ha. -.-

Not old enough anyways.
" We need more videos of cat's playing the piano on the internet" - My art professor.

"Criticism is easier to take when you realize that the only people who aren't criticized are those who don't take risks." - Donald Trump
Buddamoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/11/2016 8:08:22 PM
Children have overactive imaginations. Don't play part to it and it will pass eventually
"Reality is an illusion created due to a lack of alcohol"
-Airmax1227

"You were the moon all this time, and he was always there to make you shine."

"Was he the sun?"

"No honey, he was the darkness"

-Kazekirion
Vaarka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/11/2016 8:14:49 PM
At 2/11/2016 7:59:44 PM, Rosalie wrote:
At 2/11/2016 7:57:11 PM, Vaarka wrote:

Ha....Ha....Ha. -.-

Not old enough anyways.

I was typing something long to respond with, but my laptop crashed.
So, I'll just shorten it into something else.
So...you're getting creeped out because a little kid who's maybe 4 or 5 talks about someone you don't know...but isn't this, ya know, normal? I mean, sure, it may seem a bit excessive, but I'd find this normal for someone his age.

To you, you're looking at a kid who's talking about someone you've never heard of, and constantly talking about this person. You're starting to get creeped out, and it's like a clich" horror movie toddler, right? You know this person he talks about isn't real, at least to your knowledge, so it worries you.

Now, let's look at it more from a toddler/small child's perspective. His mind is much better than yours. True, you're much smarter and older, but he's much more creative. To a child, there literally is no limit. Their mind will make anything. They can see everything. They believe everything, and they can paint it in their minds, the sounds in their ears, they can make it almost as real as reality. To him, Suzie is probably just a person he really likes, whether she be real or not. To him, she's more real than ever, and he talks to you as if you realize it too. To him, he can explain it exactly as it is, and expect you to see it perfectly as well.

Idk how well I explained that, but it reminds me of some crucial things. A child....is much more creative than an adult, which is something most adults seem to forget.
You're probably thinking right now "haha I'm a genius". Well you're not -Valkrin

inferno: "I don't know, are you attracted to women?"
ButterCatX: "No, Vaarka is mine!"

All hail scum Vaarka, wielder of the bastard sword, smiter of nations, destroyer of spiders -VOT

"Vaarka, I've been thinking about this for a long time now," (pulls out small box made of macaroni) "W-will you be my noodle buddy?" -Kirigaya
NumberOneGuy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/11/2016 8:28:01 PM
At 2/11/2016 8:08:22 PM, Buddamoose wrote:
Children have overactive imaginations. Don't play part to it and it will pass eventually

i agree with buddamoose. it is most likely that this kid is just pretending. maybe he is hallucinating and has some sort of mental illness but most likely he is just a kid being a kid. i would not worry about it unless it persists for many years to come.
Mhykiel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/11/2016 8:28:57 PM

Demons travel in pairs. One strong and demonic and the other mascarades as child or scared person to ger affection and attention from a living soul. Often people will keep thier relationship a secret and so even after an exorcism the strong demonic one is invited back in.

You could secretly bless the house in the name of Jesus to include the closets and see if 'suzie' has a reaction.

But it's probably an imagionary friend so the child can blame things on. .. maybe..
Deb-8-A-Bull
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/11/2016 9:21:55 PM
Point to the wall and ask him if Adam can play 2. Then watch his response, or take something off him and tell him Suzy wants it.
But as a long time DDO member , you know BOP is needed , I mean, can you prove Suzy is not real? All he has to do is bring her in 1 day. You have to prove she is not real. And on that note I'm going to give 2 points to luke.
PetersSmith
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/11/2016 9:23:37 PM

How old is he?
Empress of DDO (also Poll and Forum "Maintenance" Moderator)

"The two most important days in your life is the day you were born, and the day you find out why."
~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet just because there's a picture with a quote next to it."
~Abraham Lincoln

Guide to the Polls Section: http://www.debate.org...
Rosalie
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/11/2016 10:24:58 PM
At 2/11/2016 9:23:37 PM, PetersSmith wrote:

How old is he?

About 4

The-Voice-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/11/2016 11:23:06 PM

Either 1) a very imaginative kid, or 2) has schizophrenia.

I saw a documentary about a girl who was 5-6 years old, and her friend that she had an obsession with was named "5." The girl said that % told her to do things like hurt people and say mean things. She had schizophrenia.
Suh dude

"Because we all know who the most important snowflake in the wasteland is... It's YOU, champ! You're a special snowflake." -Vaarka, 01:30 in the hangouts

"Screw laying siege to Korea. That usually takes an hour or so." -Vaarka

"Crap, what is my religion again?" -Vaarka

I'm Rick Harrison and this is my pawn shop. I work here with my old man and my son, Big Hoss, and in 23 years I've learned one thing. You never know what is gonna come through that door.
PetersSmith
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/11/2016 11:27:57 PM
At 2/11/2016 10:24:58 PM, Rosalie wrote:
At 2/11/2016 9:23:37 PM, PetersSmith wrote:

How old is he?

About 4

Yeah, it should be completely fine. He probably has some sort of issue at home (probably with his parents) and may be lonely though. Suzie may be someone who he knew (at about that age they can't really grasp death) or a complete fabrication as a representation of how he's feeling. It's nothing really to flip out over; try getting him to socialize. The wetting of the bed is normal for a four year-old and chances are he was scolded in the past for it and is blaming it on "Suzie" so he won't feel guilty about it.

"The two most important days in your life is the day you were born, and the day you find out why."
~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet just because there's a picture with a quote next to it."
~Abraham Lincoln

PetersSmith
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/12/2016 3:29:32 AM
At 2/11/2016 11:23:06 PM, The-Voice-of-Truth wrote:

I saw a documentary about a girl who was 5-6 years old, and her friend that she had an obsession with was named "5." The girl said that % told her to do things like hurt people and say mean things. She had schizophrenia.

Schizophrenia doesn't occur until much later in age.

~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

~Abraham Lincoln

The-Voice-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/12/2016 3:33:26 AM
At 2/12/2016 3:29:32 AM, PetersSmith wrote:

Refer to the neat little chart on the right side: https://www.google.com...

Schizophrenia does occur in young ages, but not on as grand a scale.
Suh dude

"Because we all know who the most important snowflake in the wasteland is... It's YOU, champ! You're a special snowflake." -Vaarka, 01:30 in the hangouts

I'm Rick Harrison and this is my pawn shop. I work here with my old man and my son, Big Hoss, and in 23 years I've learned one thing. You never know what is gonna come through that door.
The-Voice-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/12/2016 3:35:08 AM

Found some snippets of the show, too: http://www.tlc.com...
Suh dude

Skepsikyma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/12/2016 3:37:19 AM

Suzie told me that she wants to smell you burning

*tilts head and smiles unblinkingly*
"The Collectivist experiment is thoroughly suited (in appearance at least) to the Capitalist society which it proposes to replace. It works with the existing machinery of Capitalism, talks and thinks in the existing terms of Capitalism, appeals to just those appetites which Capitalism has aroused, and ridicules as fantastic and unheard-of just those things in society the memory of which Capitalism has killed among men wherever the blight of it has spread."
- Hilaire Belloc -
PetersSmith
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/12/2016 3:38:06 AM
At 2/12/2016 3:33:26 AM, The-Voice-of-Truth wrote:

"Not on a grand scale" is an understatement here. And you're accusing this child of being a schizophrenic purely off of having an imaginary friend. When according to this: http://www.medicinenet.com... it has to be a lot more than that.

~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

~Abraham Lincoln

Rosalie
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/12/2016 3:38:37 AM
At 2/12/2016 3:37:19 AM, Skepsikyma wrote:

Suzie told me that she wants to smell you burning

*tilts head and smiles unblinkingly*

I already heard Suzie telling me that in my sleep lastnight.

The-Voice-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/12/2016 3:40:49 AM
At 2/12/2016 3:38:06 AM, PetersSmith wrote:

"Not on a grand scale" is an understatement here. And you're accusing this child of being a schizophrenic purely off of having an imaginary friend. When according to this: http://www.medicinenet.com... it has to be a lot more than that.

... I said it was a possibility. -.-

I am not saying this child is schizophrenic. I would have to see the child and interact with it before I could even accuse it of having this disease.
Suh dude

Rosalie
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/12/2016 5:10:24 AM
At 2/12/2016 3:40:49 AM, The-Voice-of-Truth wrote:
At 2/12/2016 3:38:06 AM, PetersSmith wrote:

... I said it was a possibility. -.-

I am not saying this child is schizophrenic. I would have to see the child and interact with it before I could even accuse it of having this disease.

Referring the child as a "it" lmao

beng100
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/14/2016 12:04:05 PM

That sounds creepy! Either Suzie is a ghost or more likely is simply Luke's imaginary friend! The stuff he said sounds weird though!
Illegalcombatant
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/14/2016 12:24:49 PM
At 2/11/2016 8:28:57 PM, Mhykiel wrote:

Demons travel in pairs. One strong and demonic and the other mascarades as child or scared person to ger affection and attention from a living soul. Often people will keep thier relationship a secret and so even after an exorcism the strong demonic one is invited back in.

You could secretly bless the house in the name of Jesus to include the closets and see if 'suzie' has a reaction.

Cause demons hide in the closets ? I think you are confused, the only thing hiding in the closet are gays and Christmas presents.

But it's probably an imagionary friend so the child can blame things on. .. maybe..

Had to go for the demon angle here.
"Seems like another attempt to insert God into areas our knowledge has yet to penetrate. You figure God would be bigger than the gaps of our ignorance." Drafterman 19/5/12
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/16/2016 6:09:20 PM
Posted: 9 months ago

Sounds like an awesome story. You should totally write about it.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/16/2016 10:06:09 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
Hopefully he's not possessed.
Solonkr~
I don't care about whether an ideology is "necessary" or not,
I care about how to solve problems,
which is what everyone else should also care about.

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY
MY SHIP SAILEY MUST SAIL"

SCREW THAT SHIZ #BANNIE = BAILEY & ANNIE

P.S. Shipped Sailey before it was cannon bitches.