Total Posts:23|Showing Posts:1-23
Jump to topic:

What would it take to get you to step up?

YYW
Posts: 36,296
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/21/2016 9:18:26 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
What would it take, if you were in public, to intervene in someone else's life/business/affairs? How would you step up?
Tsar of DDO
Rosalie
Posts: 4,612
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/21/2016 10:19:26 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
Yeah....I agree. It really depends in the situation.
" We need more videos of cat's playing the piano on the internet" - My art professor.

"Criticism is easier to take when you realize that the only people who aren't criticized are those who don't take risks." - Donald Trump

Officially Mrs. 16Kadams 8-30-16
The-Voice-of-Truth
Posts: 6,567
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/21/2016 10:27:08 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 2/21/2016 9:18:26 PM, YYW wrote:
What would it take, if you were in public, to intervene in someone else's life/business/affairs? How would you step up?

It really just depends on what is going on. Is someone being bullied? Are they in a fight? Is there a gun to their head? Are they holding a little remote in their hand shouting "Allahu Akbar" or something in another foreign language?
Suh dude

"Because we all know who the most important snowflake in the wasteland is... It's YOU, champ! You're a special snowflake." -Vaarka, 01:30 in the hangouts

"Screw laying siege to Korea. That usually takes an hour or so." -Vaarka

"Crap, what is my religion again?" -Vaarka

I'm Rick Harrison and this is my pawn shop. I work here with my old man and my son, Big Hoss, and in 23 years I've learned one thing. You never know what is gonna come through that door.
YYW
Posts: 36,296
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/21/2016 10:28:56 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 2/21/2016 9:24:10 PM, Cody_Franklin wrote:
You have to know that the general answer is going to be "it depends". Do you have a specific scenario in mind?

The whole point was for you to come up with the scenario
Tsar of DDO
Rosalie
Posts: 4,612
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/21/2016 10:45:40 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
I guess if I was witnessing domestic abuse, I would step in.
" We need more videos of cat's playing the piano on the internet" - My art professor.

"Criticism is easier to take when you realize that the only people who aren't criticized are those who don't take risks." - Donald Trump

Officially Mrs. 16Kadams 8-30-16
The-Voice-of-Truth
Posts: 6,567
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/21/2016 10:48:11 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 2/21/2016 10:28:56 PM, YYW wrote:
At 2/21/2016 9:24:10 PM, Cody_Franklin wrote:
You have to know that the general answer is going to be "it depends". Do you have a specific scenario in mind?

The whole point was for you to come up with the scenario

Well then. I would definitely stand up for someone if they were being bullied. That's a given imo. If there was a fight I would do my best to break it up, but you never know what will happen in those circumstances -- I might have to end up defending myself and hospitalizing someone if I have to. If a gun is involved... eh, I will think about it. I know how to disarm a gunman if I have to, and I would gladly take it and turn the barrel right back in their face, make them get on the ground, and then disassemble the weapon. I will use the gun if needed, but I would only go for the knees; they can't walk very far with bullet holes in both kneecaps.
Suh dude

"Because we all know who the most important snowflake in the wasteland is... It's YOU, champ! You're a special snowflake." -Vaarka, 01:30 in the hangouts

"Screw laying siege to Korea. That usually takes an hour or so." -Vaarka

"Crap, what is my religion again?" -Vaarka

I'm Rick Harrison and this is my pawn shop. I work here with my old man and my son, Big Hoss, and in 23 years I've learned one thing. You never know what is gonna come through that door.
Cody_Franklin
Posts: 9,483
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/21/2016 10:50:39 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 2/21/2016 10:28:56 PM, YYW wrote:
At 2/21/2016 9:24:10 PM, Cody_Franklin wrote:
You have to know that the general answer is going to be "it depends". Do you have a specific scenario in mind?

The whole point was for you to come up with the scenario

Oh, I read the question wrong. I interpreted it as "what's your price?".
YYW
Posts: 36,296
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2016 12:03:42 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 2/21/2016 10:50:39 PM, Cody_Franklin wrote:
At 2/21/2016 10:28:56 PM, YYW wrote:
At 2/21/2016 9:24:10 PM, Cody_Franklin wrote:
You have to know that the general answer is going to be "it depends". Do you have a specific scenario in mind?

The whole point was for you to come up with the scenario

Oh, I read the question wrong. I interpreted it as "what's your price?".

What kind of scenario, then, would get you to step up?
Tsar of DDO
Cody_Franklin
Posts: 9,483
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2016 12:06:46 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 2/21/2016 10:48:11 PM, The-Voice-of-Truth wrote:
At 2/21/2016 10:28:56 PM, YYW wrote:
At 2/21/2016 9:24:10 PM, Cody_Franklin wrote:
You have to know that the general answer is going to be "it depends". Do you have a specific scenario in mind?

The whole point was for you to come up with the scenario

Well then. I would definitely stand up for someone if they were being bullied. That's a given imo. If there was a fight I would do my best to break it up, but you never know what will happen in those circumstances -- I might have to end up defending myself and hospitalizing someone if I have to. If a gun is involved... eh, I will think about it. I know how to disarm a gunman if I have to, and I would gladly take it and turn the barrel right back in their face, make them get on the ground, and then disassemble the weapon. I will use the gun if needed, but I would only go for the knees; they can't walk very far with bullet holes in both kneecaps.

Far be it from me to question your expertise, but have you ever actually navigated your way out of a situation in which you were being threatened by an armed assailant?
The-Voice-of-Truth
Posts: 6,567
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2016 3:23:30 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 2/22/2016 12:06:46 AM, Cody_Franklin wrote:
At 2/21/2016 10:48:11 PM, The-Voice-of-Truth wrote:
At 2/21/2016 10:28:56 PM, YYW wrote:
At 2/21/2016 9:24:10 PM, Cody_Franklin wrote:
You have to know that the general answer is going to be "it depends". Do you have a specific scenario in mind?

The whole point was for you to come up with the scenario

Well then. I would definitely stand up for someone if they were being bullied. That's a given imo. If there was a fight I would do my best to break it up, but you never know what will happen in those circumstances -- I might have to end up defending myself and hospitalizing someone if I have to. If a gun is involved... eh, I will think about it. I know how to disarm a gunman if I have to, and I would gladly take it and turn the barrel right back in their face, make them get on the ground, and then disassemble the weapon. I will use the gun if needed, but I would only go for the knees; they can't walk very far with bullet holes in both kneecaps.

Far be it from me to question your expertise, but have you ever actually navigated your way out of a situation in which you were being threatened by an armed assailant?

One with a knife, not a gun. But I do know how to disarm a gunman and defend myself if I am held at gunpoint.
Suh dude

"Because we all know who the most important snowflake in the wasteland is... It's YOU, champ! You're a special snowflake." -Vaarka, 01:30 in the hangouts

"Screw laying siege to Korea. That usually takes an hour or so." -Vaarka

"Crap, what is my religion again?" -Vaarka

I'm Rick Harrison and this is my pawn shop. I work here with my old man and my son, Big Hoss, and in 23 years I've learned one thing. You never know what is gonna come through that door.
Cody_Franklin
Posts: 9,483
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2016 3:25:13 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 2/22/2016 12:03:42 AM, YYW wrote:
At 2/21/2016 10:50:39 PM, Cody_Franklin wrote:
At 2/21/2016 10:28:56 PM, YYW wrote:
At 2/21/2016 9:24:10 PM, Cody_Franklin wrote:
You have to know that the general answer is going to be "it depends". Do you have a specific scenario in mind?

The whole point was for you to come up with the scenario

Oh, I read the question wrong. I interpreted it as "what's your price?".

What kind of scenario, then, would get you to step up?

I actually have intervened on two attempted sexual assaults.
YYW
Posts: 36,296
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2016 3:27:39 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 2/22/2016 3:25:13 AM, Cody_Franklin wrote:
At 2/22/2016 12:03:42 AM, YYW wrote:
At 2/21/2016 10:50:39 PM, Cody_Franklin wrote:
At 2/21/2016 10:28:56 PM, YYW wrote:
At 2/21/2016 9:24:10 PM, Cody_Franklin wrote:
You have to know that the general answer is going to be "it depends". Do you have a specific scenario in mind?

The whole point was for you to come up with the scenario

Oh, I read the question wrong. I interpreted it as "what's your price?".

What kind of scenario, then, would get you to step up?

I actually have intervened on two attempted sexual assaults.

Wow... that's good.
Tsar of DDO
Deb-8-A-Bull
Posts: 2,181
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2016 4:27:44 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 2/22/2016 3:27:39 AM, YYW wrote:
At 2/22/2016 3:25:13 AM, Cody_Franklin wrote:
At 2/22/2016 12:03:42 AM, YYW wrote:
At 2/21/2016 10:50:39 PM, Cody_Franklin wrote:
At 2/21/2016 10:28:56 PM, YYW wrote:
At 2/21/2016 9:24:10 PM, Cody_Franklin wrote:
You have to know that the general answer is going to be "it depends". Do you have a specific scenario in mind?

The whole point was for you to come up with the scenario

Oh, I read the question wrong. I interpreted it as "what's your price?".

What kind of scenario, then, would get you to step up?

I actually have intervened on two attempted sexual assaults.

Wow... that's good.

I lift my leg and whilst it's in the air I would move it forward. Step up
I crouch down and place my head between my knees then simply fall forward. That's how I roll
Vaarka
Posts: 7,613
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2016 4:37:10 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 2/22/2016 4:27:44 AM, Deb-8-A-Bull wrote:

I lift my leg and whilst it's in the air I would move it forward. Step up
I crouch down and place my head between my knees then simply fall forward. That's how I roll

The image I got from that made me laugh more than it should have XD
You're probably thinking right now "haha I'm a genius". Well you're not -Valkrin

inferno: "I don't know, are you attracted to women?"
ButterCatX: "No, Vaarka is mine!"

All hail scum Vaarka, wielder of the bastard sword, smiter of nations, destroyer of spiders -VOT

"Vaarka, I've been thinking about this for a long time now," (pulls out small box made of macaroni) "W-will you be my noodle buddy?" -Kirigaya
Deb-8-A-Bull
Posts: 2,181
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2016 5:24:46 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 2/21/2016 9:18:26 PM, YYW wrote:
What would it take, if you were in public, to intervene in someone else's life/business/affairs? How would you step up?

( Walk into a shop ) In public
With a step
I would intervene in someone's life, and there business and there affairs.
ESocialBookworm
Posts: 14,367
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2016 11:23:42 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 2/22/2016 5:24:46 AM, Deb-8-A-Bull wrote:
At 2/21/2016 9:18:26 PM, YYW wrote:
What would it take, if you were in public, to intervene in someone else's life/business/affairs? How would you step up?

( Walk into a shop ) In public
With a step
I would intervene in someone's life, and there business and there affairs.

*their
Solonkr~
I don't care about whether an ideology is "necessary" or not,
I care about how to solve problems,
which is what everyone else should also care about.

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY
MY SHIP SAILEY MUST SAIL"

SCREW THAT SHIZ #BANNIE = BAILEY & ANNIE

P.S. Shipped Sailey before it was cannon bitches.
Deb-8-A-Bull
Posts: 2,181
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2016 11:41:52 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 2/22/2016 11:23:42 PM, ESocialBookworm wrote:
At 2/22/2016 5:24:46 AM, Deb-8-A-Bull wrote:
At 2/21/2016 9:18:26 PM, YYW wrote:
What would it take, if you were in public, to intervene in someone else's life/business/affairs? How would you step up?

( Walk into a shop ) In public
With a step
I would intervene in someone's life, and there business and there affairs.

*their

This spelling thing is crazy. What's the other there for ,
ESocialBookworm
Posts: 14,367
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2016 11:43:15 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 2/22/2016 11:41:52 PM, Deb-8-A-Bull wrote:
At 2/22/2016 11:23:42 PM, ESocialBookworm wrote:
At 2/22/2016 5:24:46 AM, Deb-8-A-Bull wrote:
At 2/21/2016 9:18:26 PM, YYW wrote:
What would it take, if you were in public, to intervene in someone else's life/business/affairs? How would you step up?

( Walk into a shop ) In public
With a step
I would intervene in someone's life, and there business and there affairs.

*their

This spelling thing is crazy. What's the other there for?
fix'd

"There" is for location, for instance.
Solonkr~
I don't care about whether an ideology is "necessary" or not,
I care about how to solve problems,
which is what everyone else should also care about.

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY
MY SHIP SAILEY MUST SAIL"

SCREW THAT SHIZ #BANNIE = BAILEY & ANNIE

P.S. Shipped Sailey before it was cannon bitches.
Deb-8-A-Bull
Posts: 2,181
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2016 11:45:47 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 2/22/2016 11:43:15 PM, ESocialBookworm wrote:
At 2/22/2016 11:41:52 PM, Deb-8-A-Bull wrote:
At 2/22/2016 11:23:42 PM, ESocialBookworm wrote:
At 2/22/2016 5:24:46 AM, Deb-8-A-Bull wrote:
At 2/21/2016 9:18:26 PM, YYW wrote:
What would it take, if you were in public, to intervene in someone else's life/business/affairs? How would you step up?

( Walk into a shop ) In public
With a step
I would intervene in someone's life, and there business and there affairs.

*their

This spelling thing is crazy. What's the other there for?
fix'd

"There" is for location, for instance.

Cool I'm going to write this down, 2 others I can't Crack is , the where, and dose
ESocialBookworm
Posts: 14,367
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2016 11:47:44 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 2/22/2016 11:45:47 PM, Deb-8-A-Bull wrote:
At 2/22/2016 11:43:15 PM, ESocialBookworm wrote:
At 2/22/2016 11:41:52 PM, Deb-8-A-Bull wrote:
At 2/22/2016 11:23:42 PM, ESocialBookworm wrote:
At 2/22/2016 5:24:46 AM, Deb-8-A-Bull wrote:
At 2/21/2016 9:18:26 PM, YYW wrote:
What would it take, if you were in public, to intervene in someone else's life/business/affairs? How would you step up?

( Walk into a shop ) In public
With a step
I would intervene in someone's life, and there business and there affairs.

*their

This spelling thing is crazy. What's the other there for?
fix'd

"There" is for location, for instance.

Cool I'm going to write this down, 2 others I can't Crack is , the where, and dose

wut
Solonkr~
I don't care about whether an ideology is "necessary" or not,
I care about how to solve problems,
which is what everyone else should also care about.

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY
MY SHIP SAILEY MUST SAIL"

SCREW THAT SHIZ #BANNIE = BAILEY & ANNIE

P.S. Shipped Sailey before it was cannon bitches.
Deb-8-A-Bull
Posts: 2,181
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2016 11:53:20 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 2/22/2016 11:47:44 PM, ESocialBookworm wrote:
At 2/22/2016 11:45:47 PM, Deb-8-A-Bull wrote:
At 2/22/2016 11:43:15 PM, ESocialBookworm wrote:
At 2/22/2016 11:41:52 PM, Deb-8-A-Bull wrote:
At 2/22/2016 11:23:42 PM, ESocialBookworm wrote:
At 2/22/2016 5:24:46 AM, Deb-8-A-Bull wrote:
At 2/21/2016 9:18:26 PM, YYW wrote:
What would it take, if you were in public, to intervene in someone else's life/business/affairs? How would you step up?

( Walk into a shop ) In public
With a step
I would intervene in someone's life, and there business and there affairs.

*their

This spelling thing is crazy. What's the other there for?
fix'd

"There" is for location, for instance.

Cool I'm going to write this down, 2 others I can't Crack is , the where, and dose

wut

It's all good, I don't send msg half the time , because I don't know , the know I learnt 2 weeks ago I thought it was no, not know. I want to write , where or were , like asking a question. Anyway.
I can't read , I can't write, but I can drive a tractor alright. TY
Buddamoose
Posts: 19,449
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/25/2016 12:29:15 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 2/21/2016 10:50:39 PM, Cody_Franklin wrote:
At 2/21/2016 10:28:56 PM, YYW wrote:
At 2/21/2016 9:24:10 PM, Cody_Franklin wrote:
You have to know that the general answer is going to be "it depends". Do you have a specific scenario in mind?

The whole point was for you to come up with the scenario

Oh, I read the question wrong. I interpreted it as "what's your price?".

My price is 2 chickens and a goat, no less
"Reality is an illusion created due to a lack of alcohol"
-Airmax1227

"You were the moon all this time, and he was always there to make you shine."

"Was he the sun?"

"No honey, he was the darkness"

-Kazekirion