Total Posts:571|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

What gets your Goat?

Rosalie
Posts: 4,605
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2016 5:54:42 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
For those of you who are feeble minded, the quote means "to make someone annoyed or angry"

So, what are some things that irritate the living daylight out of you?
" We need more videos of cat's playing the piano on the internet" - My art professor.

"Criticism is easier to take when you realize that the only people who aren't criticized are those who don't take risks." - Donald Trump

Officially Mrs. 16Kadams 8-30-16
Torton
Posts: 988
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2016 6:13:42 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
When people dismiss the entirety of modern music, especially when their knowledge (or perception) of it is limited to the mainstream pop sphere (as it often is).
Briannj17
Posts: 360
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2016 6:27:04 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 2/22/2016 5:54:42 AM, Rosalie wrote:
For those of you who are feeble minded, the quote means "to make someone annoyed or angry"

So, what are some things that irritate the living daylight out of you?

When my goat rums just out of reach then when I reach he runs a little more. This pissese me off.

Plastic forks, spoons, or knives on Styrofoam plates or plates. The sound annoys me right now thinking about it.
http://www.debate.org...
King of Poetry in this poem lacking era
Briannj17
Posts: 360
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2016 6:27:58 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 2/22/2016 6:27:04 AM, Briannj17 wrote:
At 2/22/2016 5:54:42 AM, Rosalie wrote:
For those of you who are feeble minded, the quote means "to make someone annoyed or angry"

So, what are some things that irritate the living daylight out of you?

When my goat rums just out of reach then when I reach he runs a little more. This pissese me off.

Plastic forks, spoons, or knives on Styrofoam plates or plates. The sound annoys me right now thinking about it.

*plates and bowls
http://www.debate.org...
King of Poetry in this poem lacking era
PetersSmith
Posts: 5,821
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2016 6:31:28 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 2/22/2016 5:54:42 AM, Rosalie wrote:
For those of you who are feeble minded, the quote means "to make someone annoyed or angry"

So, what are some things that irritate the living daylight out of you?

When someone calls others "feeble minded" for not understanding a quote where it's "origin of expression is disputed. H.L. Mencken held it came from using a goat as a calming influence in a racehorse's stall and removing it just before the race, thereby making the horse nervous. However, there is no firm evidence for this origin. [c. 1900 ]".
Empress of DDO (also Poll and Forum "Maintenance" Moderator)

"The two most important days in your life is the day you were born, and the day you find out why."
~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet just because there's a picture with a quote next to it."
~Abraham Lincoln

Guide to the Polls Section: http://www.debate.org...
Rosalie
Posts: 4,605
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2016 6:31:55 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 2/22/2016 6:13:42 AM, Torton wrote:
When people dismiss the entirety of modern music, especially when their knowledge (or perception) of it is limited to the mainstream pop sphere (as it often is).

Yes, I completely agree.
" We need more videos of cat's playing the piano on the internet" - My art professor.

"Criticism is easier to take when you realize that the only people who aren't criticized are those who don't take risks." - Donald Trump

Officially Mrs. 16Kadams 8-30-16
Rosalie
Posts: 4,605
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2016 6:32:27 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 2/22/2016 6:31:28 AM, PetersSmith wrote:
At 2/22/2016 5:54:42 AM, Rosalie wrote:
For those of you who are feeble minded, the quote means "to make someone annoyed or angry"

So, what are some things that irritate the living daylight out of you?

When someone calls others "feeble minded" for not understanding a quote where it's "origin of expression is disputed. H.L. Mencken held it came from using a goat as a calming influence in a racehorse's stall and removing it just before the race, thereby making the horse nervous. However, there is no firm evidence for this origin. [c. 1900 ]".

Gtfo
" We need more videos of cat's playing the piano on the internet" - My art professor.

"Criticism is easier to take when you realize that the only people who aren't criticized are those who don't take risks." - Donald Trump

Officially Mrs. 16Kadams 8-30-16
PetersSmith
Posts: 5,821
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2016 6:33:51 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 2/22/2016 6:32:27 AM, Rosalie wrote:
At 2/22/2016 6:31:28 AM, PetersSmith wrote:
At 2/22/2016 5:54:42 AM, Rosalie wrote:
For those of you who are feeble minded, the quote means "to make someone annoyed or angry"

So, what are some things that irritate the living daylight out of you?

When someone calls others "feeble minded" for not understanding a quote where it's "origin of expression is disputed. H.L. Mencken held it came from using a goat as a calming influence in a racehorse's stall and removing it just before the race, thereby making the horse nervous. However, there is no firm evidence for this origin. [c. 1900 ]".

Gtfo

When someone tells you to "get out" simply because you irked them, and also believe that they own the thread.
Empress of DDO (also Poll and Forum "Maintenance" Moderator)

"The two most important days in your life is the day you were born, and the day you find out why."
~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet just because there's a picture with a quote next to it."
~Abraham Lincoln

Guide to the Polls Section: http://www.debate.org...
Rosalie
Posts: 4,605
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2016 6:34:49 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 2/22/2016 6:33:51 AM, PetersSmith wrote:
At 2/22/2016 6:32:27 AM, Rosalie wrote:
At 2/22/2016 6:31:28 AM, PetersSmith wrote:
At 2/22/2016 5:54:42 AM, Rosalie wrote:
For those of you who are feeble minded, the quote means "to make someone annoyed or angry"

So, what are some things that irritate the living daylight out of you?

When someone calls others "feeble minded" for not understanding a quote where it's "origin of expression is disputed. H.L. Mencken held it came from using a goat as a calming influence in a racehorse's stall and removing it just before the race, thereby making the horse nervous. However, there is no firm evidence for this origin. [c. 1900 ]".

Gtfo

When someone tells you to "get out" simply because you irked them, and also believe that they own the thread.

No. You usually do this in everyone's thread.
" We need more videos of cat's playing the piano on the internet" - My art professor.

"Criticism is easier to take when you realize that the only people who aren't criticized are those who don't take risks." - Donald Trump

Officially Mrs. 16Kadams 8-30-16
PetersSmith
Posts: 5,821
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2016 6:35:46 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 2/22/2016 6:34:49 AM, Rosalie wrote:
At 2/22/2016 6:33:51 AM, PetersSmith wrote:
At 2/22/2016 6:32:27 AM, Rosalie wrote:
At 2/22/2016 6:31:28 AM, PetersSmith wrote:
At 2/22/2016 5:54:42 AM, Rosalie wrote:
For those of you who are feeble minded, the quote means "to make someone annoyed or angry"

So, what are some things that irritate the living daylight out of you?

When someone calls others "feeble minded" for not understanding a quote where it's "origin of expression is disputed. H.L. Mencken held it came from using a goat as a calming influence in a racehorse's stall and removing it just before the race, thereby making the horse nervous. However, there is no firm evidence for this origin. [c. 1900 ]".

Gtfo

When someone tells you to "get out" simply because you irked them, and also believe that they own the thread.

No. You usually do this in everyone's thread.

Really? "Usually" on "everyone's" thread? Can you please provide at least 10 examples of this (and this is of course being generous).?
Empress of DDO (also Poll and Forum "Maintenance" Moderator)

"The two most important days in your life is the day you were born, and the day you find out why."
~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet just because there's a picture with a quote next to it."
~Abraham Lincoln

Guide to the Polls Section: http://www.debate.org...
Rosalie
Posts: 4,605
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2016 6:36:47 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 2/22/2016 6:35:46 AM, PetersSmith wrote:
At 2/22/2016 6:34:49 AM, Rosalie wrote:
At 2/22/2016 6:33:51 AM, PetersSmith wrote:
At 2/22/2016 6:32:27 AM, Rosalie wrote:
At 2/22/2016 6:31:28 AM, PetersSmith wrote:
At 2/22/2016 5:54:42 AM, Rosalie wrote:
For those of you who are feeble minded, the quote means "to make someone annoyed or angry"

So, what are some things that irritate the living daylight out of you?

When someone calls others "feeble minded" for not understanding a quote where it's "origin of expression is disputed. H.L. Mencken held it came from using a goat as a calming influence in a racehorse's stall and removing it just before the race, thereby making the horse nervous. However, there is no firm evidence for this origin. [c. 1900 ]".

Gtfo

When someone tells you to "get out" simply because you irked them, and also believe that they own the thread.

No. You usually do this in everyone's thread.

Really? "Usually" on "everyone's" thread? Can you please provide at least 10 examples of this (and this is of course being generous).?

Yeah, maybe when I'm not about to go to bed.
" We need more videos of cat's playing the piano on the internet" - My art professor.

"Criticism is easier to take when you realize that the only people who aren't criticized are those who don't take risks." - Donald Trump

Officially Mrs. 16Kadams 8-30-16
PetersSmith
Posts: 5,821
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2016 6:38:32 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 2/22/2016 6:36:47 AM, Rosalie wrote:
At 2/22/2016 6:35:46 AM, PetersSmith wrote:
At 2/22/2016 6:34:49 AM, Rosalie wrote:
At 2/22/2016 6:33:51 AM, PetersSmith wrote:
At 2/22/2016 6:32:27 AM, Rosalie wrote:
At 2/22/2016 6:31:28 AM, PetersSmith wrote:
At 2/22/2016 5:54:42 AM, Rosalie wrote:
For those of you who are feeble minded, the quote means "to make someone annoyed or angry"

So, what are some things that irritate the living daylight out of you?

When someone calls others "feeble minded" for not understanding a quote where it's "origin of expression is disputed. H.L. Mencken held it came from using a goat as a calming influence in a racehorse's stall and removing it just before the race, thereby making the horse nervous. However, there is no firm evidence for this origin. [c. 1900 ]".

Gtfo

When someone tells you to "get out" simply because you irked them, and also believe that they own the thread.

No. You usually do this in everyone's thread.

Really? "Usually" on "everyone's" thread? Can you please provide at least 10 examples of this (and this is of course being generous).?


Yeah, maybe when I'm not about to go to bed.

Just like how you don't have your laptop #stumped
Empress of DDO (also Poll and Forum "Maintenance" Moderator)

"The two most important days in your life is the day you were born, and the day you find out why."
~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet just because there's a picture with a quote next to it."
~Abraham Lincoln

Guide to the Polls Section: http://www.debate.org...
Rosalie
Posts: 4,605
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2016 6:39:36 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 2/22/2016 6:38:32 AM, PetersSmith wrote:
At 2/22/2016 6:36:47 AM, Rosalie wrote:
At 2/22/2016 6:35:46 AM, PetersSmith wrote:
At 2/22/2016 6:34:49 AM, Rosalie wrote:
At 2/22/2016 6:33:51 AM, PetersSmith wrote:
At 2/22/2016 6:32:27 AM, Rosalie wrote:
At 2/22/2016 6:31:28 AM, PetersSmith wrote:
At 2/22/2016 5:54:42 AM, Rosalie wrote:
For those of you who are feeble minded, the quote means "to make someone annoyed or angry"

So, what are some things that irritate the living daylight out of you?

When someone calls others "feeble minded" for not understanding a quote where it's "origin of expression is disputed. H.L. Mencken held it came from using a goat as a calming influence in a racehorse's stall and removing it just before the race, thereby making the horse nervous. However, there is no firm evidence for this origin. [c. 1900 ]".

Gtfo

When someone tells you to "get out" simply because you irked them, and also believe that they own the thread.

No. You usually do this in everyone's thread.

Really? "Usually" on "everyone's" thread? Can you please provide at least 10 examples of this (and this is of course being generous).?


Yeah, maybe when I'm not about to go to bed.

Just like how you don't have your laptop #stumped

Woah, stalking my posts...should have know.

And yes, I still don't have my laptop.
" We need more videos of cat's playing the piano on the internet" - My art professor.

"Criticism is easier to take when you realize that the only people who aren't criticized are those who don't take risks." - Donald Trump

Officially Mrs. 16Kadams 8-30-16
PetersSmith
Posts: 5,821
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2016 6:40:50 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 2/22/2016 6:39:36 AM, Rosalie wrote:
At 2/22/2016 6:38:32 AM, PetersSmith wrote:
At 2/22/2016 6:36:47 AM, Rosalie wrote:
At 2/22/2016 6:35:46 AM, PetersSmith wrote:
At 2/22/2016 6:34:49 AM, Rosalie wrote:
At 2/22/2016 6:33:51 AM, PetersSmith wrote:
At 2/22/2016 6:32:27 AM, Rosalie wrote:
At 2/22/2016 6:31:28 AM, PetersSmith wrote:
At 2/22/2016 5:54:42 AM, Rosalie wrote:
For those of you who are feeble minded, the quote means "to make someone annoyed or angry"

So, what are some things that irritate the living daylight out of you?

When someone calls others "feeble minded" for not understanding a quote where it's "origin of expression is disputed. H.L. Mencken held it came from using a goat as a calming influence in a racehorse's stall and removing it just before the race, thereby making the horse nervous. However, there is no firm evidence for this origin. [c. 1900 ]".

Gtfo

When someone tells you to "get out" simply because you irked them, and also believe that they own the thread.

No. You usually do this in everyone's thread.

Really? "Usually" on "everyone's" thread? Can you please provide at least 10 examples of this (and this is of course being generous).?


Yeah, maybe when I'm not about to go to bed.

Just like how you don't have your laptop #stumped

Woah, stalking my posts...should have know.

And yes, I still don't have my laptop.

So I point to something you said on quite the heated thread and that equals "stalking"? #paranoidlogic

And you're also still not in bed.
Empress of DDO (also Poll and Forum "Maintenance" Moderator)

"The two most important days in your life is the day you were born, and the day you find out why."
~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet just because there's a picture with a quote next to it."
~Abraham Lincoln

Guide to the Polls Section: http://www.debate.org...
Rosalie
Posts: 4,605
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2016 6:42:46 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 2/22/2016 6:40:50 AM, PetersSmith wrote:
At 2/22/2016 6:39:36 AM, Rosalie wrote:
At 2/22/2016 6:38:32 AM, PetersSmith wrote:
At 2/22/2016 6:36:47 AM, Rosalie wrote:
At 2/22/2016 6:35:46 AM, PetersSmith wrote:
At 2/22/2016 6:34:49 AM, Rosalie wrote:
At 2/22/2016 6:33:51 AM, PetersSmith wrote:
At 2/22/2016 6:32:27 AM, Rosalie wrote:
At 2/22/2016 6:31:28 AM, PetersSmith wrote:
At 2/22/2016 5:54:42 AM, Rosalie wrote:
For those of you who are feeble minded, the quote means "to make someone annoyed or angry"

So, what are some things that irritate the living daylight out of you?

When someone calls others "feeble minded" for not understanding a quote where it's "origin of expression is disputed. H.L. Mencken held it came from using a goat as a calming influence in a racehorse's stall and removing it just before the race, thereby making the horse nervous. However, there is no firm evidence for this origin. [c. 1900 ]".

Gtfo

When someone tells you to "get out" simply because you irked them, and also believe that they own the thread.

No. You usually do this in everyone's thread.

Really? "Usually" on "everyone's" thread? Can you please provide at least 10 examples of this (and this is of course being generous).?


Yeah, maybe when I'm not about to go to bed.

Just like how you don't have your laptop #stumped

Woah, stalking my posts...should have know.

And yes, I still don't have my laptop.

So I point to something you said on quite the heated thread and that equals "stalking"? #paranoidlogic

And you're also still not in bed.

Well, you have a tendancy to stalk, so...

And you're right, I'm heading to bed soon. Good job.
" We need more videos of cat's playing the piano on the internet" - My art professor.

"Criticism is easier to take when you realize that the only people who aren't criticized are those who don't take risks." - Donald Trump

Officially Mrs. 16Kadams 8-30-16
PetersSmith
Posts: 5,821
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2016 6:44:27 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 2/22/2016 6:42:46 AM, Rosalie wrote:
At 2/22/2016 6:40:50 AM, PetersSmith wrote:
At 2/22/2016 6:39:36 AM, Rosalie wrote:
At 2/22/2016 6:38:32 AM, PetersSmith wrote:
At 2/22/2016 6:36:47 AM, Rosalie wrote:
At 2/22/2016 6:35:46 AM, PetersSmith wrote:
At 2/22/2016 6:34:49 AM, Rosalie wrote:
At 2/22/2016 6:33:51 AM, PetersSmith wrote:
At 2/22/2016 6:32:27 AM, Rosalie wrote:
At 2/22/2016 6:31:28 AM, PetersSmith wrote:
At 2/22/2016 5:54:42 AM, Rosalie wrote:
For those of you who are feeble minded, the quote means "to make someone annoyed or angry"

So, what are some things that irritate the living daylight out of you?

When someone calls others "feeble minded" for not understanding a quote where it's "origin of expression is disputed. H.L. Mencken held it came from using a goat as a calming influence in a racehorse's stall and removing it just before the race, thereby making the horse nervous. However, there is no firm evidence for this origin. [c. 1900 ]".

Gtfo

When someone tells you to "get out" simply because you irked them, and also believe that they own the thread.

No. You usually do this in everyone's thread.

Really? "Usually" on "everyone's" thread? Can you please provide at least 10 examples of this (and this is of course being generous).?


Yeah, maybe when I'm not about to go to bed.

Just like how you don't have your laptop #stumped

Woah, stalking my posts...should have know.

And yes, I still don't have my laptop.

So I point to something you said on quite the heated thread and that equals "stalking"? #paranoidlogic

And you're also still not in bed.

Well, you have a tendancy to stalk, so...

And you're right, I'm heading to bed soon. Good job.

That's quite the claim. Please provide evidence, and let's have objective evidence since your definition of "stalking" seems to be quite loose.

#successfulstump
Empress of DDO (also Poll and Forum "Maintenance" Moderator)

"The two most important days in your life is the day you were born, and the day you find out why."
~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet just because there's a picture with a quote next to it."
~Abraham Lincoln

Guide to the Polls Section: http://www.debate.org...
Rosalie
Posts: 4,605
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2016 6:45:49 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 2/22/2016 6:44:27 AM, PetersSmith wrote:

That's quite the claim. Please provide evidence, and let's have objective evidence since your definition of "stalking" seems to be quite loose.

#successfulstump

I don't have time for this. This is useless.
" We need more videos of cat's playing the piano on the internet" - My art professor.

"Criticism is easier to take when you realize that the only people who aren't criticized are those who don't take risks." - Donald Trump

Officially Mrs. 16Kadams 8-30-16
Torton
Posts: 988
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2016 6:46:33 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 2/22/2016 6:44:27 AM, PetersSmith wrote:
At 2/22/2016 6:42:46 AM, Rosalie wrote:
At 2/22/2016 6:40:50 AM, PetersSmith wrote:
At 2/22/2016 6:39:36 AM, Rosalie wrote:
At 2/22/2016 6:38:32 AM, PetersSmith wrote:
At 2/22/2016 6:36:47 AM, Rosalie wrote:
At 2/22/2016 6:35:46 AM, PetersSmith wrote:
At 2/22/2016 6:34:49 AM, Rosalie wrote:
At 2/22/2016 6:33:51 AM, PetersSmith wrote:
At 2/22/2016 6:32:27 AM, Rosalie wrote:
At 2/22/2016 6:31:28 AM, PetersSmith wrote:
At 2/22/2016 5:54:42 AM, Rosalie wrote:
For those of you who are feeble minded, the quote means "to make someone annoyed or angry"

So, what are some things that irritate the living daylight out of you?

When someone calls others "feeble minded" for not understanding a quote where it's "origin of expression is disputed. H.L. Mencken held it came from using a goat as a calming influence in a racehorse's stall and removing it just before the race, thereby making the horse nervous. However, there is no firm evidence for this origin. [c. 1900 ]".

Gtfo

When someone tells you to "get out" simply because you irked them, and also believe that they own the thread.

No. You usually do this in everyone's thread.

Really? "Usually" on "everyone's" thread? Can you please provide at least 10 examples of this (and this is of course being generous).?


Yeah, maybe when I'm not about to go to bed.

Just like how you don't have your laptop #stumped

Woah, stalking my posts...should have know.

And yes, I still don't have my laptop.

So I point to something you said on quite the heated thread and that equals "stalking"? #paranoidlogic

And you're also still not in bed.

Well, you have a tendancy to stalk, so...

And you're right, I'm heading to bed soon. Good job.

That's quite the claim. Please provide evidence, and let's have objective evidence since your definition of "stalking" seems to be quite loose.

#successfulstump
#derailed
PetersSmith
Posts: 5,821
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2016 6:47:29 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 2/22/2016 6:46:33 AM, Torton wrote:
At 2/22/2016 6:44:27 AM, PetersSmith wrote:
At 2/22/2016 6:42:46 AM, Rosalie wrote:
At 2/22/2016 6:40:50 AM, PetersSmith wrote:
At 2/22/2016 6:39:36 AM, Rosalie wrote:
At 2/22/2016 6:38:32 AM, PetersSmith wrote:
At 2/22/2016 6:36:47 AM, Rosalie wrote:
At 2/22/2016 6:35:46 AM, PetersSmith wrote:
At 2/22/2016 6:34:49 AM, Rosalie wrote:
At 2/22/2016 6:33:51 AM, PetersSmith wrote:
At 2/22/2016 6:32:27 AM, Rosalie wrote:
At 2/22/2016 6:31:28 AM, PetersSmith wrote:
At 2/22/2016 5:54:42 AM, Rosalie wrote:
For those of you who are feeble minded, the quote means "to make someone annoyed or angry"

So, what are some things that irritate the living daylight out of you?

When someone calls others "feeble minded" for not understanding a quote where it's "origin of expression is disputed. H.L. Mencken held it came from using a goat as a calming influence in a racehorse's stall and removing it just before the race, thereby making the horse nervous. However, there is no firm evidence for this origin. [c. 1900 ]".

Gtfo

When someone tells you to "get out" simply because you irked them, and also believe that they own the thread.

No. You usually do this in everyone's thread.

Really? "Usually" on "everyone's" thread? Can you please provide at least 10 examples of this (and this is of course being generous).?


Yeah, maybe when I'm not about to go to bed.

Just like how you don't have your laptop #stumped

Woah, stalking my posts...should have know.

And yes, I still don't have my laptop.

So I point to something you said on quite the heated thread and that equals "stalking"? #paranoidlogic

And you're also still not in bed.

Well, you have a tendancy to stalk, so...

And you're right, I'm heading to bed soon. Good job.

That's quite the claim. Please provide evidence, and let's have objective evidence since your definition of "stalking" seems to be quite loose.

#successfulstump
#derailed

Well, technically it was about what was "irritating" to people, so it is somewhat relevant.
Empress of DDO (also Poll and Forum "Maintenance" Moderator)

"The two most important days in your life is the day you were born, and the day you find out why."
~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet just because there's a picture with a quote next to it."
~Abraham Lincoln

Guide to the Polls Section: http://www.debate.org...
Rosalie
Posts: 4,605
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2016 7:06:38 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
Typical of Peters to derail threads.
" We need more videos of cat's playing the piano on the internet" - My art professor.

"Criticism is easier to take when you realize that the only people who aren't criticized are those who don't take risks." - Donald Trump

Officially Mrs. 16Kadams 8-30-16
Deb-8-A-Bull
Posts: 2,181
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2016 7:26:33 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 2/22/2016 6:40:50 AM, PetersSmith wrote:
At 2/22/2016 6:39:36 AM, Rosalie wrote:
At 2/22/2016 6:38:32 AM, PetersSmith wrote:
At 2/22/2016 6:36:47 AM, Rosalie wrote:
At 2/22/2016 6:35:46 AM, PetersSmith wrote:
At 2/22/2016 6:34:49 AM, Rosalie wrote:
At 2/22/2016 6:33:51 AM, PetersSmith wrote:
At 2/22/2016 6:32:27 AM, Rosalie wrote:
At 2/22/2016 6:31:28 AM, PetersSmith wrote:
At 2/22/2016 5:54:42 AM, Rosalie wrote:
For those of you who are feeble minded, the quote means "to make someone annoyed or angry"

So, what are some things that irritate the living daylight out of you?

When someone calls others "feeble minded" for not understanding a quote where it's "origin of expression is disputed. H.L. Mencken held it came from using a goat as a calming influence in a racehorse's stall and removing it just before the race, thereby making the horse nervous. However, there is no firm evidence for this origin. [c. 1900 ]".

Gtfo

When someone tells you to "get out" simply because you irked them, and also believe that they own the thread.

No. You usually do this in everyone's thread.

Really? "Usually" on "everyone's" thread? Can you please provide at least 10 examples of this (and this is of course being generous).?


Yeah, maybe when I'm not about to go to bed.

Just like how you don't have your laptop #stumped

Woah, stalking my posts...should have know.

And yes, I still don't have my laptop.

So I point to something you said on quite the heated thread and that equals "stalking"? #paranoidlogic

And you're also still not in bed.

Peters smith I clicked on your picture, I wasn't stalking. I was reading the your profile thingy about yourself part, wow .

OK back to the post . What gets on my goat is people that are self centered. 110%.
And sun dried tomatoes ,
PetersSmith
Posts: 5,821
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2016 7:35:09 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 2/22/2016 7:26:33 AM, Deb-8-A-Bull wrote:

Peters smith I clicked on your picture, I wasn't stalking. I was reading the your profile thingy about yourself part, wow .

OK back to the post . What gets on my goat is people that are self centered. 110%.
And sun dried tomatoes ,

I know. "Wow" is right. http://www.debate.org...
Empress of DDO (also Poll and Forum "Maintenance" Moderator)

"The two most important days in your life is the day you were born, and the day you find out why."
~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet just because there's a picture with a quote next to it."
~Abraham Lincoln

Guide to the Polls Section: http://www.debate.org...
A_Poozer
Posts: 23
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2016 8:34:18 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 2/22/2016 6:31:28 AM, PetersSmith wrote:
At 2/22/2016 5:54:42 AM, Rosalie wrote:
For those of you who are feeble minded, the quote means "to make someone annoyed or angry"

So, what are some things that irritate the living daylight out of you?

When someone calls others "feeble minded" for not understanding a quote where it's "origin of expression is disputed. H.L. Mencken held it came from using a goat as a calming influence in a racehorse's stall and removing it just before the race, thereby making the horse nervous. However, there is no firm evidence for this origin. [c. 1900 ]".

Hehe. I was just about to say the same thing, mate.
If your reading sigs you must have an incredibly bad internet connection or are bored out of your mind.
cybertron1998
Posts: 5,818
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2016 11:47:43 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 2/22/2016 6:31:28 AM, PetersSmith wrote:
At 2/22/2016 5:54:42 AM, Rosalie wrote:
For those of you who are feeble minded, the quote means "to make someone annoyed or angry"

So, what are some things that irritate the living daylight out of you?

When someone calls others "feeble minded" for not understanding a quote where it's "origin of expression is disputed. H.L. Mencken held it came from using a goat as a calming influence in a racehorse's stall and removing it just before the race, thereby making the horse nervous. However, there is no firm evidence for this origin. [c. 1900 ]".

You know even though I have to agree with rosalie, you do sometimes tend to be antagonistic, not all the time but sometimes, I do agree with you hear. It absolutely pisses me off when someone uses a phrase as obscure as "gets your goat" and then has the gall to call anyone who doesn't recognize it "feeble minded." I've never actually heard the phrase until now, but that has no leverage to say how educated I am or am not.

The truly feeble are those who believe those kind of things govern if one is feeble or not.
Epsilon: There are so many stories where some brave hero decides to give their life to save the day, and because of their sacrifice, the good guys win, the survivors all cheer, and everybody lives happily ever after. But the hero... never gets to see that ending. They'll never know if their sacrifice actually made a difference. They'll never know if the day was really saved. In the end, they just have to have faith.
Vaarka
Posts: 7,566
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2016 2:40:36 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 2/22/2016 5:54:42 AM, Rosalie wrote:
For those of you who are feeble minded, the quote means "to make someone annoyed or angry"

So, what are some things that irritate the living daylight out of you?

Shall I make a list?
You're probably thinking right now "haha I'm a genius". Well you're not -Valkrin

inferno: "I don't know, are you attracted to women?"
ButterCatX: "No, Vaarka is mine!"

All hail scum Vaarka, wielder of the bastard sword, smiter of nations, destroyer of spiders -VOT

"Vaarka, I've been thinking about this for a long time now," (pulls out small box made of macaroni) "W-will you be my noodle buddy?" -Kirigaya
Rosalie
Posts: 4,605
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2016 4:21:48 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 2/22/2016 2:40:36 PM, Vaarka wrote:
At 2/22/2016 5:54:42 AM, Rosalie wrote:
For those of you who are feeble minded, the quote means "to make someone annoyed or angry"

So, what are some things that irritate the living daylight out of you?

Shall I make a list?

Yes, please.
" We need more videos of cat's playing the piano on the internet" - My art professor.

"Criticism is easier to take when you realize that the only people who aren't criticized are those who don't take risks." - Donald Trump

Officially Mrs. 16Kadams 8-30-16
Vaarka
Posts: 7,566
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2016 4:30:08 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 2/22/2016 5:54:42 AM, Rosalie wrote:
For those of you who are feeble minded, the quote means "to make someone annoyed or angry"

So, what are some things that irritate the living daylight out of you?

-People who walk slowly in the hallway
-People who keep interrupting me when I just want to say a single sentence
-People who recognize the above annoys me, and do it on purpose
-People who don't recognize that my concept of time is different from theirs
-Patricia
-The name Patricia
-Anything relating to Patricia
-Automated messages from MA asking for Patricia

Patricia is my trigger

-People who decide to interrupt my explanation to ask their own questions, even though I just answered it or was about to (example: Those people who ask why you are doing something, and it's a really simple explanation, but every other word, they stop you and ask more questions, or rant about how dumb that was or whatever)
-Dumb phrases that people use too much
-People who make assumptions based off uninformed stereotypes, like when I say I like electronic music and people say "oh so like skrillex?" (I don't like skrillex)
-People who think I'm Asian because of the way I talk on a g-hangout
-People who repeat themselves over and over to me, like I forgot what they just said in less than five seconds
-People who try to talk to me when I have earbuds in, and then expect me to remember what they just said when I didn't even know they were talking
-People who pull my earbuds out before trying to talk to me
-People who decide to interrupt me while I'm playing osu
-People who pull my earbuds out right before the good part of a song
-People who drive under the speed limit (I don't care as long as you're within 5 mph of the speed limit. If you're going 41 in a 45, Idc. If you're going 37 in a 45, I'm gonna care)
-People who are overly oblivious
-People who interrupt me, and then get mad at me when I tell them to shut up
-People who get my attention while I'm listening to music, pause for more than 10 seconds (after 10 seconds I assume the conversation is over and I turn my music back up), and then try to continue immediately after I put my earbuds back in
-People who try to tell me to use their earbuds because "they're better" (because their apple earbuds are better than my non-apple earbuds)
-People who purposely clap out of sync
-People who purposely play out of beat
-People who have no idea what a beat is
-People who question why I'm not doing as well in a class that they're finding easy (or vice versa)
-People who talk about electronic music like it's the devil's candy
-People who think they're more of a christian or something because I disagree with something they believe (usually boils down to stuff like gay rights or abortion)
-People who brag about how good they are at something when they're really bad at it
-People who say cross country isn't a sport (idk why these people think that)
-People who ask me questions, and then don't let me answer because they have to ask the same thing again, but much more in-depth
-Squeaky pencils
-My dad on Saturday morning
-People who purposely strive to do things differently because they know it annoys others
-People who tell me that "my music is crap" and then 'enlighten' me with their music
-People who try to help me by telling me the exact same thing over and over, but never answering my question
-Noise that shouldn't exist
-People who repeatedly make dumb noises for the heck of it
-When my french teacher singles me out
-People who put the left earbud in their right ear (and vice versa)
-People who purposely leave their shoes untied (you know those kinds of people)
-People who assume everything relating to the color of their skin is a racist statement against them
-People who think I understand what they're saying on the first go
-When I don't understand what I'm supposed to do, but they tell me to do it anyway (I'm the kind of person where if I'm about to do something, I want to know exactly what to do so I don't just mess up because of something stupid on my first try)
-People who hurt other people physically, but brush it off like it's nothing (accidents are one thing, but if you enjoy throwing sticks at me because it's a "game" for two hours, then I'm not gonna be a happy camper)
-People who associate me with being a weaboo because I sometimes watch anime
-People who associate me with being a weaboo because I play osu
-People who think making electronic music takes "little to no effort or skill"
-People who have no patience...like NO patience
-People who take my stuff and then act like it's theirs (pencils being a good example)
-People who always question why I still have my current phone (because it's old)
-People who question why my old phone doesn't have "the latest updates" and then get annoyed because they can't swipe something and have to press a button twice instead
-People who don't use earbuds or something in a g-hangout or skype call
-Kids who scream about everything
-Kids who cry about everything
-Kids who complain about dumb things
-Kids who walk around with their new iPhone 6+ like they're god and show it off to everyone
-Adults who have no concept of imagination
-People in general annoy me sometimes
-People who call me, but I miss the call by like 10 seconds, so I immediately call back, but they don't answer for like 2 hours, or until I've called them 5+ times (if you called me, and I call back within thirty seconds of you calling, you'd better freaking pick up)
-People who try to message me to do stuff when I'm trying to sleep
-Groex when he tells me to spectate him until he gets "a good run" in osu
-People who log into osu, knowing I'll probably be online, just to tell me to play a different game with them
-Girls that are 12-13 and have no idea how to hold a conversation (there are plenty near where I live)
-People who assume I'm an expert at something because I like one thing about it (I say I like some classic rock song, and suddenly I'm being quizzed on everything relating to music in the 1970s)
-People who aren't very good at something yet, but come up with excuses for why they did bad (like people in osu multiplayers. If your rank is around 300k, and I choose a 5 star song, and you can't play it, I understand that it's too hard for you. Don't tell me that "my mouse broke" and "my laptop died" and all this other stuff so you have an excuse for doing bad on a song that people around my rank struggle with)
-People who send me a message, and I respond within a minute, but they don't reply for several hours
-When people try to have long conversations while I'm playing osu
-When I have to think about stuff that annoys me
-When I randomly get itchy all over
-When people take my hat
-Patricia

I'll add more later.
You're probably thinking right now "haha I'm a genius". Well you're not -Valkrin

inferno: "I don't know, are you attracted to women?"
ButterCatX: "No, Vaarka is mine!"

All hail scum Vaarka, wielder of the bastard sword, smiter of nations, destroyer of spiders -VOT

"Vaarka, I've been thinking about this for a long time now," (pulls out small box made of macaroni) "W-will you be my noodle buddy?" -Kirigaya
Subutai
Posts: 3,197
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2016 4:37:40 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 2/22/2016 4:30:08 PM, Vaarka wrote:
At 2/22/2016 5:54:42 AM, Rosalie wrote:
For those of you who are feeble minded, the quote means "to make someone annoyed or angry"

So, what are some things that irritate the living daylight out of you

-Patricia

There was someone I hated in kindergarten named Patricia. I still can't hear that name without cringing.
I'm becoming less defined as days go by, fading away, and well you might say, I'm losing focus, kinda drifting into the abstract in terms of how I see myself.