Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2016 1:14:31 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 2/22/2016 11:48:45 AM, XLAV wrote:
How do I stop overthinking?

Elaborate on this, please.
You're probably thinking right now "haha I'm a genius". Well you're not -Valkrin

inferno: "I don't know, are you attracted to women?"
ButterCatX: "No, Vaarka is mine!"

All hail scum Vaarka, wielder of the bastard sword, smiter of nations, destroyer of spiders -VOT

"Vaarka, I've been thinking about this for a long time now," (pulls out small box made of macaroni) "W-will you be my noodle buddy?" -Kirigaya
Kirigaya-Kazuto
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2016 1:26:00 PM

Simple, stop thinking and you won't overthink.
#Don'tlookatDATXDUDE'sprofilebecauseyoureyeswillexplode ~ Petfish
#Treebrokethechurchbells ~ Discipulus_Didicit
Don't quote me ~fire_wings
If anyone's getting modkilled, it's kiri. Just for his sig. ~Seventh
Yes ~Vaarka
No ~Rosalie
Ya clown ~Solon
OSU! ~Vaarka
diarrhea_of_a_wimpy_kid
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2016 3:19:15 PM

1. Resign yourself to accepting consequences for any decision made for good. They will never be as bad as you fear as long as you are good in making it.

2. Execute the decision.

Accept either result. Do.

That's really all there is to it. Take it from another "over thinker".
ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2016 11:22:00 PM
Smoke legal marijuana.
Solonkr~
I don't care about whether an ideology is "necessary" or not,
I care about how to solve problems,
which is what everyone else should also care about.

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY
MY SHIP SAILEY MUST SAIL"

SCREW THAT SHIZ #BANNIE = BAILEY & ANNIE

P.S. Shipped Sailey before it was cannon bitches.
PetersSmith
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2016 11:33:49 PM

Try hanging around communists, or better yet anarchists. That ought to knock off a few IQ points.
Empress of DDO (also Poll and Forum "Maintenance" Moderator)

"The two most important days in your life is the day you were born, and the day you find out why."
~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet just because there's a picture with a quote next to it."
~Abraham Lincoln

Guide to the Polls Section: http://www.debate.org...
A_Poozer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/23/2016 1:35:15 AM

Contex?

Usually overthinkers are worried or paniced so best way to deal with irrational worries or questions that bother you way too much and you have to real way of answering is to pick a random answer that on the surface seems rational and try to not put holes on it. For example, what happens in Heaven? Endless joy. Will (blank) agree to go out with me? If all else fails I can just say prank. Is there a spider in my room? Nah, I used mosquito spary.

See endless joy isn't the best answer since you could start questioning what that means, how forever of doing the same thing will be like etc. Same goes for the others but in the surface they seem fine. To try not to poke holes in them like an overthinker would naturally do, try sleeping, playing a video game, watching anime, hearing a podcast or debating.

Try it, I think it'll help. For now though, have a good one, mate.
If your reading sigs you must have an incredibly bad internet connection or are bored out of your mind.
XLAV
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/23/2016 11:35:28 AM
Like I think too much about the past and the things I could have done. Also I tend to think too much about the future and the things I want to be done (and usually doesn't happen).
Vaarka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/23/2016 12:42:42 PM
At 2/23/2016 11:35:28 AM, XLAV wrote:
Like I think too much about the past and the things I could have done. Also I tend to think too much about the future and the things I want to be done (and usually doesn't happen).

I think this is rather natural, if you ask me. Some people deal with past experiences differently than others, and I tend to not dwell too much on the past myself. As for future things, I think I might be able to give some advice:
I'm a fairly cooled down person, and rarely show my nerves about certain situations, especially if I don't care. However, there are some things that I know will possibly affect me later in life, or that I should prepare for. If I can prepare for it, I'll try to prepare for it as much as I can to make sure nothing goes wrong. However, if I can't exactly do that, and I'm looking at more of a hit or miss kind of scenario, then I try to come up with a quick plan of what I'm about to do, and then let it flow from there. I don't try to lie or impress or spice things up/down, but rather just go with it, doing what I think I should do in the situation until it's finished. If I mess up, then it's a part of the past, and while I may not be happy with it, I now know what I should/shouldn't do next time, and improve from there.
You're probably thinking right now "haha I'm a genius". Well you're not -Valkrin

inferno: "I don't know, are you attracted to women?"
ButterCatX: "No, Vaarka is mine!"

All hail scum Vaarka, wielder of the bastard sword, smiter of nations, destroyer of spiders -VOT

"Vaarka, I've been thinking about this for a long time now," (pulls out small box made of macaroni) "W-will you be my noodle buddy?" -Kirigaya
A_Poozer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/23/2016 3:09:00 PM

Than kindly disregard my previous advise. Try this instead.

I think you are in some sort of a dilemma, because normally people overthink the past if A. they did something wrong, B. They thought they've done something wrong or could've stoped something bad from happening, C. want something like when I want extra allowance I rethink over and over how I could've asked for extra allowance better, or D. they are very nostalgic (like me on Thursdays) and wish they could've done X while they were younger.

So I'm just gonna give you some general adive since I'm not sure if you're in a pickle or are A,B,C or D.

If you are religious then I would recommend re-reading the Bible or Qur'an. I'm not so sure about the Qur'an but the Bible has a verse or two about the topic, if I recall correctly.

If it's A or B, all I gotta say is don't cry over spilled milk or if your holding a grudge and are re-thinking the past to see if you missed your perfect opportunity then as the wise Elsa says, Let it Go. If it's C or D, unless its a girl you want (in which case I'm not your guy),whats done is done.No, respawns, save games or take backs. Live with the fact and just plan your future instead.

For the future since I'm getting lazy. Just EBOLO\YOLO it.
If your reading sigs you must have an incredibly bad internet connection or are bored out of your mind.
A_Poozer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/23/2016 3:26:29 PM
At 2/23/2016 3:09:00 PM, A_Poozer wrote:

Than kindly disregard my previous advise. Try this instead.

I think you are in some sort of a dilemma, because normally people overthink the past if A. they did something wrong, B. They thought they've done something wrong or could've stoped something bad from happening, C. want something like when I want extra allowance I rethink over and over how I could've asked for extra allowance better, or D. they are very nostalgic (like me on Thursdays) and wish they could've done X while they were younger.

So I'm just gonna give you some general adive since I'm not sure if you're in a pickle or are A,B,C or D.

If you are religious then I would recommend re-reading the Bible or Qur'an. I'm not so sure about the Qur'an but the Bible has a verse or two about the topic, if I recall correctly.

If it's A or B, all I gotta say is don't cry over spilled milk or if your holding a grudge and are re-thinking the past to see if you missed your perfect opportunity then as the wise Elsa says, Let it Go. If it's C or D, unless its a girl you want (in which case I'm not your guy),whats done is done.No, respawns, save games or take backs. Live with the fact and just plan your future instead.

For the future since I'm getting lazy. Just EBOLO\YOLO it.

*Then.

Oh, and for advise on the future look at the post a posts above me by Vaarka. It's better than mine.
Buddamoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/25/2016 12:46:23 AM
At 2/22/2016 11:22:00 PM, ESocialBookworm wrote:
Smoke legal marijuana.
"Reality is an illusion created due to a lack of alcohol"
-Airmax1227

"You were the moon all this time, and he was always there to make you shine."

"Was he the sun?"

"No honey, he was the darkness"

-Kazekirion
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/29/2016 12:34:25 PM

Start adopting simple philosophies. For example, I'm a Libertarian. With a philosophy of negative rights, I can have an opinion on everything, without even thinking about it. The same with my eating philosophy. I eat Paleo, so now I know how to automatically eat correct, without even thinking about it. For how to treat a woman, I'd simplify that, by going to dog training sites for a simple philosophy on that.

What do you need to simplify and stop overthinking about?
n7
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/29/2016 4:48:23 PM

Study some CBT techniques.
404 coherent debate topic not found. Please restart the debate with clear resolution.

Uphold Marxist-Leninist-Maoist-Sargonist-n7ism.