Total Posts:121|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Romanii(i) AMA

Romaniii
Posts: 421
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/24/2016 7:03:38 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
I'm kinda sorta back.

Somehow, I seem to have successfully gotten rid of my DDO addiction. Got a life and some new hobbies, so don't have as much time for / interest in the site anymore. Definitely won't be doing debates any time soon, but I'll prolly make forum posts here and there.

Ask away! Or don't. Idc
EndarkenedRationalist
Posts: 14,201
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/24/2016 7:05:47 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 2/24/2016 7:03:38 PM, Romaniii wrote:
I'm kinda sorta back.

Somehow, I seem to have successfully gotten rid of my DDO addiction. Got a life and some new hobbies, so don't have as much time for / interest in the site anymore. Definitely won't be doing debates any time soon, but I'll prolly make forum posts here and there.

Ask away! Or don't. Idc

How long until you leave again?
Maikuru
Posts: 9,112
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/24/2016 7:06:41 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 2/24/2016 7:03:38 PM, Romaniii wrote:
I'm kinda sorta back.

Somehow, I seem to have successfully gotten rid of my DDO addiction. Got a life and some new hobbies, so don't have as much time for / interest in the site anymore. Definitely won't be doing debates any time soon, but I'll prolly make forum posts here and there.

Ask away! Or don't. Idc

Would you agree that users who don't change their usernames are objectively better and more attractive than those who do?
"You assume I wouldn't want to burn this whole place to the ground."
- lamerde

https://i.imgflip.com...
EndarkenedRationalist
Posts: 14,201
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/24/2016 7:13:21 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 2/24/2016 7:06:41 PM, Maikuru wrote:
At 2/24/2016 7:03:38 PM, Romaniii wrote:
I'm kinda sorta back.

Somehow, I seem to have successfully gotten rid of my DDO addiction. Got a life and some new hobbies, so don't have as much time for / interest in the site anymore. Definitely won't be doing debates any time soon, but I'll prolly make forum posts here and there.

Ask away! Or don't. Idc

Would you agree that users who don't change their usernames are objectively better and more attractive than those who do?

http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...
lamerde
Posts: 1,416
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/24/2016 7:15:17 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 2/24/2016 7:13:21 PM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:

http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

I'm obviously the most attractive person on DDO though so Maikuru is just highly misguided.
Why I ignore YYW:
http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...
Calling someone a bitch multiple times while claiming you're taking the high road is an art form, I suppose: http://www.debate.org...
Maikuru
Posts: 9,112
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/24/2016 7:18:04 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 2/24/2016 7:13:21 PM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
At 2/24/2016 7:06:41 PM, Maikuru wrote:
At 2/24/2016 7:03:38 PM, Romaniii wrote:
I'm kinda sorta back.

Somehow, I seem to have successfully gotten rid of my DDO addiction. Got a life and some new hobbies, so don't have as much time for / interest in the site anymore. Definitely won't be doing debates any time soon, but I'll prolly make forum posts here and there.

Ask away! Or don't. Idc

Would you agree that users who don't change their usernames are objectively better and more attractive than those who do?

http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

http://i.imgur.com...
"You assume I wouldn't want to burn this whole place to the ground."
- lamerde

https://i.imgflip.com...
Maikuru
Posts: 9,112
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/24/2016 7:18:23 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 2/24/2016 7:15:17 PM, lamerde wrote:
At 2/24/2016 7:13:21 PM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:

http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

I'm obviously the most attractive person on DDO though so Maikuru is just highly misguided.

I'm sorry for this and all future things.
"You assume I wouldn't want to burn this whole place to the ground."
- lamerde

https://i.imgflip.com...
lamerde
Posts: 1,416
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/24/2016 7:20:01 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 2/24/2016 7:03:38 PM, Romaniii wrote:

Why did you change your username?
What was it like on the other side? (i.e., did you miss DDO or it was whatever...)
Why did you leave? Was it purely to quit the addiction?
Where's the best place to get food in Texas?
Why I ignore YYW:
http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...
Calling someone a bitch multiple times while claiming you're taking the high road is an art form, I suppose: http://www.debate.org...
Romaniii
Posts: 421
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/24/2016 7:20:15 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 2/24/2016 7:05:47 PM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
At 2/24/2016 7:03:38 PM, Romaniii wrote:
I'm kinda sorta back.

Somehow, I seem to have successfully gotten rid of my DDO addiction. Got a life and some new hobbies, so don't have as much time for / interest in the site anymore. Definitely won't be doing debates any time soon, but I'll prolly make forum posts here and there.

Ask away! Or don't. Idc

How long until you leave again?

Well... historically, my departures have been a result of
-- getting wrapped up in site drama
-- using DDO way too much and arousing my parents' suspicions (they hate DDO, and think I quit the site more than a year ago)
-- having a self-esteem meltdown over my debating skills ... lmao

I don't foresee any of those circumstances happening in the near future, so in my estimation, the answer to your question is "forever." You're stuck with me in the long haul, bro
Romaniii
Posts: 421
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/24/2016 7:20:30 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 2/24/2016 7:06:41 PM, Maikuru wrote:
At 2/24/2016 7:03:38 PM, Romaniii wrote:
I'm kinda sorta back.

Somehow, I seem to have successfully gotten rid of my DDO addiction. Got a life and some new hobbies, so don't have as much time for / interest in the site anymore. Definitely won't be doing debates any time soon, but I'll prolly make forum posts here and there.

Ask away! Or don't. Idc

Would you agree that users who don't change their usernames are objectively better and more attractive than those who do?

Absolutely.
EndarkenedRationalist
Posts: 14,201
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/24/2016 7:22:44 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 2/24/2016 7:20:15 PM, Romaniii wrote:
At 2/24/2016 7:05:47 PM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
At 2/24/2016 7:03:38 PM, Romaniii wrote:
I'm kinda sorta back.

Somehow, I seem to have successfully gotten rid of my DDO addiction. Got a life and some new hobbies, so don't have as much time for / interest in the site anymore. Definitely won't be doing debates any time soon, but I'll prolly make forum posts here and there.

Ask away! Or don't. Idc

How long until you leave again?

Well... historically, my departures have been a result of
-- getting wrapped up in site drama
-- using DDO way too much and arousing my parents' suspicions (they hate DDO, and think I quit the site more than a year ago)
-- having a self-esteem meltdown over my debating skills ... lmao

I don't foresee any of those circumstances happening in the near future, so in my estimation, the answer to your question is "forever." You're stuck with me in the long haul, bro

YESSSSSSSSSSSS
I mean, NOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Fkkize
Posts: 2,147
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/24/2016 7:22:53 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 2/24/2016 7:20:15 PM, Romaniii wrote:
-- using DDO way too much and arousing my parents' suspicions (they hate DDO
Story time!
: At 7/2/2016 3:05:07 PM, Rational_Thinker9119 wrote:
:
: space contradicts logic
Romaniii
Posts: 421
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/24/2016 7:29:41 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 2/24/2016 7:20:01 PM, lamerde wrote:
At 2/24/2016 7:03:38 PM, Romaniii wrote:

Why did you change your username?

Cuz I asked airmax to close my original account, and I don't feel like asking him to re-open it.

What was it like on the other side? (i.e., did you miss DDO or it was whatever...)

It was a lot more diverse -- like, doing a bunch of different things instead of spending the vast majority of my free time on a single activity (i.e. DDO). I did miss the site on a couple occasions, but whenever I lurked, I never felt any urge to post.

Why did you leave? Was it purely to quit the addiction?

My latest departure was because of that clusterf*ck with Zarroette ... I felt bad about all the backlash I was receiving for my poor behavior throughout the incident, and I left. Pretty stupid reason tbh, but it had positive consequences, so w/e...

Where's the best place to get food in Texas?

TACO BELL

jk, don't ask me, I barely ever eat out.
lamerde
Posts: 1,416
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/24/2016 7:32:07 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 2/24/2016 7:29:41 PM, Romaniii wrote:

My latest departure was because of that clusterf*ck with Zarroette ... I felt bad about all the backlash I was receiving for my poor behavior throughout the incident, and I left. Pretty stupid reason tbh, but it had positive consequences, so w/e...

Aw that sucks. tbh I didn't follow the drama with Zarroette so I don't really know what went on there.

TACO BELL

jk, don't ask me, I barely ever eat out.

Taco Bell is the worst but is it racist if I think it might somehow taste better closer to Mexico?
Why I ignore YYW:
http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...
Calling someone a bitch multiple times while claiming you're taking the high road is an art form, I suppose: http://www.debate.org...
Romaniii
Posts: 421
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/24/2016 7:47:27 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 2/24/2016 7:22:53 PM, Fkkize wrote:
At 2/24/2016 7:20:15 PM, Romaniii wrote:
-- using DDO way too much and arousing my parents' suspicions (they hate DDO
Story time!

Haha it isn't a particularly exciting story. They just thought that I wasted too much time on the site (not an inaccurate sentiment, by any means), and tried using a parental control software to block it. But I kept on finding ways to get around the controls, which merely exacerbated their hatred for the site and made them more desperate to find ways of preventing me from using it. Unfortunately, my dad is a tech expert, so they won in the end.... I had to quit the site for a while, until I got a new laptop which they neglected to download the parental control software onto. From then on, I've been very careful to keep my DDO usage a secret.

And that's also why I've had to forfeit so many of my debates in the past...
Romaniii
Posts: 421
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/24/2016 7:50:57 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 2/24/2016 7:32:07 PM, lamerde wrote:

TACO BELL

jk, don't ask me, I barely ever eat out.

Taco Bell is the worst but is it racist if I think it might somehow taste better closer to Mexico?

Not at all. It's merely an objective fact. TB in Los Angeles is the bomb.
Fkkize
Posts: 2,147
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/24/2016 7:58:03 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 2/24/2016 7:47:27 PM, Romaniii wrote:
At 2/24/2016 7:22:53 PM, Fkkize wrote:
At 2/24/2016 7:20:15 PM, Romaniii wrote:
-- using DDO way too much and arousing my parents' suspicions (they hate DDO
Story time!

Haha it isn't a particularly exciting story. They just thought that I wasted too much time on the site (not an inaccurate sentiment, by any means), and tried using a parental control software to block it. But I kept on finding ways to get around the controls, which merely exacerbated their hatred for the site and made them more desperate to find ways of preventing me from using it. Unfortunately, my dad is a tech expert, so they won in the end.... I had to quit the site for a while, until I got a new laptop which they neglected to download the parental control software onto. From then on, I've been very careful to keep my DDO usage a secret.

And that's also why I've had to forfeit so many of my debates in the past...

I feel you. Was the same for me until I bought me a new one (although with games).

Oh the good old days!
: At 7/2/2016 3:05:07 PM, Rational_Thinker9119 wrote:
:
: space contradicts logic
ColeTrain
Posts: 4,290
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/24/2016 8:14:42 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 2/24/2016 7:03:38 PM, Romaniii wrote:
I'm kinda sorta back.

Nice! :)
What are your best 5 debates that you've ever done?
Honest opinion of me? (If that is permissible)
How have you been since your departure?
"The right to 360 noscope noobs shall not be infringed!!!" -- tajshar2k
"So, to start off, I've never committed suicide." -- Vaarka
"I eat glue." -- brontoraptor
"I mean, at this rate, I'd argue for a ham sandwich presidency." -- ResponsiblyIrresponsible
"Overthrow Assad, heil jihad." -- 16kadams when trolling in hangout
"Hillary Clinton is not my favorite person ... and her campaign is as inspiring as a bowl of cottage cheese." -- YYW
thett3
Posts: 14,334
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/24/2016 8:29:14 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 2/24/2016 7:20:15 PM, Romaniii wrote:
At 2/24/2016 7:05:47 PM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
At 2/24/2016 7:03:38 PM, Romaniii wrote:
I'm kinda sorta back.

Somehow, I seem to have successfully gotten rid of my DDO addiction. Got a life and some new hobbies, so don't have as much time for / interest in the site anymore. Definitely won't be doing debates any time soon, but I'll prolly make forum posts here and there.

Ask away! Or don't. Idc

How long until you leave again?

Well... historically, my departures have been a result of
-- getting wrapped up in site drama
-- using DDO way too much and arousing my parents' suspicions (they hate DDO, and think I quit the site more than a year ago)
-- having a self-esteem meltdown over my debating skills ... lmao

Debate me, nerd. I'll kick you off the site


I don't foresee any of those circumstances happening in the near future, so in my estimation, the answer to your question is "forever." You're stuck with me in the long haul, bro
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
bsh1
Posts: 27,503
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/24/2016 8:44:05 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 2/24/2016 7:03:38 PM, Romaniii wrote:
I'm kinda sorta back.

Somehow, I seem to have successfully gotten rid of my DDO addiction. Got a life and some new hobbies, so don't have as much time for / interest in the site anymore. Definitely won't be doing debates any time soon, but I'll prolly make forum posts here and there.

Ask away! Or don't. Idc

What are the hobbies?
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.


"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
Romaniii
Posts: 421
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/24/2016 8:46:14 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 2/24/2016 8:14:42 PM, ColeTrain wrote:
At 2/24/2016 7:03:38 PM, Romaniii wrote:
I'm kinda sorta back.

Nice! :)
What are your best 5 debates that you've ever done?

Honestly, my only non-forfeited debates that were particularly good are the ones with Thett3 (about GMI) and Kasmic (about removing "Under God" from the pledge). I think that my physicalism debate with Sargon, my collectivism debate with Famous/Hayd, and my torture debate with FourTrouble could have turned out pretty well if they had been allowed to finish.

Honest opinion of me? (If that is permissible)

You're a nice kid and a decent debater. Maybe a bit sheltered too, given your weird habit of censoring curse words.

How have you been since your departure?

The best I've been in a long time.
bsh1
Posts: 27,503
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/24/2016 8:46:35 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 2/24/2016 7:47:27 PM, Romaniii wrote:
And that's also why I've had to forfeit so many of my debates in the past...

-_-
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.


"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
bsh1
Posts: 27,503
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/24/2016 8:56:58 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 2/24/2016 8:47:26 PM, Romaniii wrote:
At 2/24/2016 8:29:14 PM, thett3 wrote:

Debate me, nerd. I'll kick you off the site

Been there. Done that. Won that.

Lol. Damn.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.


"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
Romaniii
Posts: 421
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/24/2016 8:59:43 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 2/24/2016 8:44:05 PM, bsh1 wrote:
At 2/24/2016 7:03:38 PM, Romaniii wrote:
I'm kinda sorta back.

Somehow, I seem to have successfully gotten rid of my DDO addiction. Got a life and some new hobbies, so don't have as much time for / interest in the site anymore. Definitely won't be doing debates any time soon, but I'll prolly make forum posts here and there.

Ask away! Or don't. Idc

What are the hobbies?

Having a social life, watching anime, taking really really really long walks, playing various instruments, and reading awesome things.
bsh1
Posts: 27,503
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/24/2016 9:00:29 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 2/24/2016 8:59:43 PM, Romaniii wrote:
At 2/24/2016 8:44:05 PM, bsh1 wrote:
At 2/24/2016 7:03:38 PM, Romaniii wrote:
I'm kinda sorta back.

Somehow, I seem to have successfully gotten rid of my DDO addiction. Got a life and some new hobbies, so don't have as much time for / interest in the site anymore. Definitely won't be doing debates any time soon, but I'll prolly make forum posts here and there.

Ask away! Or don't. Idc

What are the hobbies?

Having a social life, watching anime, taking really really really long walks, playing various instruments, and reading awesome things.

Lol. Cool beans. Nice to see you back, btw.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.


"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
Romaniii
Posts: 421
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/24/2016 9:01:54 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 2/24/2016 8:46:35 PM, bsh1 wrote:
At 2/24/2016 7:47:27 PM, Romaniii wrote:
And that's also why I've had to forfeit so many of my debates in the past...

-_-

SORRYYYY

Apology also extended to Zaradi, FT, Jonbon, Tej, Fkkize, BoT, Sargon, and probably plenty of others who I'm forgetting.
bsh1
Posts: 27,503
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/24/2016 9:03:28 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 2/24/2016 9:01:54 PM, Romaniii wrote:
At 2/24/2016 8:46:35 PM, bsh1 wrote:
At 2/24/2016 7:47:27 PM, Romaniii wrote:
And that's also why I've had to forfeit so many of my debates in the past...

-_-

SORRYYYY

Lol. It's okay. The only one I really wanted to see finish was the food security debate.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.


"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
Fkkize
Posts: 2,147
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/24/2016 9:04:08 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 2/24/2016 9:01:54 PM, Romaniii wrote:
At 2/24/2016 8:46:35 PM, bsh1 wrote:
At 2/24/2016 7:47:27 PM, Romaniii wrote:
And that's also why I've had to forfeit so many of my debates in the past...

-_-

SORRYYYY

Apology also extended to Zaradi, FT, Jonbon, Tej, Fkkize, BoT, Sargon, and probably plenty of others who I'm forgetting.

You forfeited in a debate with me? O.O
: At 7/2/2016 3:05:07 PM, Rational_Thinker9119 wrote:
:
: space contradicts logic
Romaniii
Posts: 421
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/24/2016 9:05:04 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 2/24/2016 9:04:08 PM, Fkkize wrote:
At 2/24/2016 9:01:54 PM, Romaniii wrote:
At 2/24/2016 8:46:35 PM, bsh1 wrote:
At 2/24/2016 7:47:27 PM, Romaniii wrote:
And that's also why I've had to forfeit so many of my debates in the past...

-_-

SORRYYYY

Apology also extended to Zaradi, FT, Jonbon, Tej, Fkkize, BoT, Sargon, and probably plenty of others who I'm forgetting.

You forfeited in a debate with me? O.O

Team debate with you and Tej over animal rights haha