Jump to topic:

What do you do when..

Rosalie
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/26/2016 4:29:04 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
Your mom continues to make choices that hurt you..and she knows they hurt you, but doesn't seem like she cares about how you feel..

And then she gets engaged, and you didn't even know..
" We need more videos of cat's playing the piano on the internet" - My art professor.

"Criticism is easier to take when you realize that the only people who aren't criticized are those who don't take risks." - Donald Trump

Officially Mrs. 16Kadams 8-30-16
Peepette
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/26/2016 4:35:54 AM
At 2/26/2016 4:29:04 AM, Rosalie wrote:
Your mom continues to make choices that hurt you..and she knows they hurt you, but doesn't seem like she cares about how you feel..

It's hard to make a comment with so little information. Choices she makes that hurt you, how? Is it her dating habits? You don't care for her boy friend?
Maybe she didn't tell you she was engaged because of what she thought your reaction would be.
Rosalie
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/26/2016 4:38:47 AM
At 2/26/2016 4:35:54 AM, Peepette wrote:

It's hard to make a comment with so little information. Choices she makes that hurt you, how? Is it her dating habits? You don't care for her boy friend?
Maybe she didn't tell you she was engaged because of what she thought your reaction would be.

No, she chose this guy over me..I didn't even know about him until the 2nd month they were dating. She left me, and chose him. And I just now found out that they got engaged. She didn't tell me, I found out on Facebook.
" We need more videos of cat's playing the piano on the internet" - My art professor.

"Criticism is easier to take when you realize that the only people who aren't criticized are those who don't take risks." - Donald Trump

The-Voice-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/26/2016 4:47:32 AM
At 2/26/2016 4:38:47 AM, Rosalie wrote:

No, she chose this guy over me..I didn't even know about him until the 2nd month they were dating. She left me, and chose him. And I just now found out that they got engaged. She didn't tell me, I found out on Facebook.

I can kinda relate. My dad and now-stepmom had been dating for a bout 6 months, and neither me, mr brother, nor my sister knew until they came out and said, "Hey, we're getting married!" My mother did the same with my stepdad -- they dated for 3 months and then got engaged, and they didn't bother telling us until it came up in casual conversation 2 weeks later.

Sadly, this must just be how thing are, these days.

Honestly, this is what I do: 1) I realize that whatever is it, it happened; 2) I realize I can't do a thing about it; 3) I move on; and 4) I live with it, even if it bothers me and is hard for forgive someone for it.
Suh dude

"Because we all know who the most important snowflake in the wasteland is... It's YOU, champ! You're a special snowflake." -Vaarka, 01:30 in the hangouts

"Screw laying siege to Korea. That usually takes an hour or so." -Vaarka

"Crap, what is my religion again?" -Vaarka

I'm Rick Harrison and this is my pawn shop. I work here with my old man and my son, Big Hoss, and in 23 years I've learned one thing. You never know what is gonna come through that door.
Peepette
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/26/2016 4:51:15 AM

Two months of dating is a short amount of time. No one really don't know were things will lead. Maybe that's why she didn't tell you. She left you? Moved out? Finding out your mom got engaged on Facebook IS sh*ty. I often find out things regarding my daughter's on Facebook that make my head spin and should have known about. I know the feeling.
Rosalie
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/26/2016 5:00:19 AM
At 2/26/2016 4:51:15 AM, Peepette wrote:

Two months of dating is a short amount of time. No one really don't know were things will lead. Maybe that's why she didn't tell you. She left you? Moved out? Finding out your mom got engaged on Facebook IS sh*ty. I often find out things regarding my daughter's on Facebook that make my head spin and should have known about. I know the feeling.

She basically just left me..and cut off contact for a month or so, and I just found out that it was because of a man. (About 4 weeks ago)

Peepette
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/26/2016 5:12:35 AM
At 2/26/2016 5:00:19 AM, Rosalie wrote:

She basically just left me..and cut off contact for a month or so, and I just found out that it was because of a man. (About 4 weeks ago)

Sorry to hear that. If a new man comes before a person's child.....it's just wrong.
Vaarka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/26/2016 1:10:02 PM
At 2/26/2016 5:12:35 AM, Peepette wrote:
At 2/26/2016 5:00:19 AM, Rosalie wrote:

Sorry to hear that. If a new man comes before a person's child.....it's just wrong.

I could never imagine putting another woman before my own kid (unless it were my wife...and my kid's mother...then maybe).
Also, how long have they been dating? From the sounds of it, not long, and I doubt it will last if they're already planning to get married this quickly XP
You're probably thinking right now "haha I'm a genius". Well you're not -Valkrin

inferno: "I don't know, are you attracted to women?"
ButterCatX: "No, Vaarka is mine!"

All hail scum Vaarka, wielder of the bastard sword, smiter of nations, destroyer of spiders -VOT

"Vaarka, I've been thinking about this for a long time now," (pulls out small box made of macaroni) "W-will you be my noodle buddy?" -Kirigaya
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/26/2016 2:04:32 PM

You cut her out of your life.
Buddamoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/26/2016 2:11:23 PM
At 2/26/2016 2:04:32 PM, YYW wrote:

+1

Toxic people, regardless of who they are, deserve no spot in anyone's life.
"Reality is an illusion created due to a lack of alcohol"
-Airmax1227

"You were the moon all this time, and he was always there to make you shine."

"Was he the sun?"

"No honey, he was the darkness"

-Kazekirion
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/26/2016 2:15:00 PM
At 2/26/2016 2:11:23 PM, Buddamoose wrote:

+1

Toxic people, regardless of who they are, deserve no spot in anyone's life.

Well said.
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/26/2016 2:22:52 PM

You feeling okay?
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
Rosalie
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/26/2016 2:31:37 PM

I can't just her out...

Rosalie
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/26/2016 2:32:04 PM
**cut her out

YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/26/2016 2:33:02 PM
At 2/26/2016 2:31:37 PM, Rosalie wrote:

I can't just her out...

Why not?
Rosalie
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/26/2016 2:34:04 PM
At 2/26/2016 2:33:02 PM, YYW wrote:

I can't just her out...

Why not?

Well, I mean I could....we don't even talk anymore..

It'll just be hard because she's my mom, and we been through a lot together.

YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/26/2016 2:40:51 PM
At 2/26/2016 2:34:04 PM, Rosalie wrote:

I can't just her out...

Why not?

No matter how much you have been together with someone, if they are bad for you, you owe them nothing.
Buddamoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/26/2016 2:49:45 PM

I can't just her out...

Look, I can relate to your situation somewhat. My father on top of everything else, did something similar. My mother, she's crazy AF. Like, stand over my bed with a knife with the intention to kill me type crazy, stole from me(my dad stole from me as well), type sh!t. Then there's sh!t I don't even speak of just because it's twisted AF beyond even the first.

I barely talk to either one of them at this point. I still love them, and I really really wish things were different, bit every time i've extended the proverbial olive branch, I end up getting the shaft yet again. So my life's better for it. That may not be the case for you, but loving someone does necessitate contact, does not necessitate liking them, does not necessitate opening oneself up to be hurt again. Sometimes its better to just cut ones losses and leave it at that. I won't say the decision was and is easy, but it's a decision I made.

In the end, what you do is up to you. We all can only give advice from our own perspectives, what you do with it, is as I said, up to you.
-Airmax1227

"Was he the sun?"

-Kazekirion
Buddamoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/26/2016 2:50:17 PM
At 2/26/2016 2:40:51 PM, YYW wrote:
At 2/26/2016 2:34:04 PM, Rosalie wrote:

I can't just her out...

Why not?

No matter how much you have been together with someone, if they are bad for you, you owe them nothing.

Well said
-Airmax1227

"Was he the sun?"

-Kazekirion
TheFlex
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/26/2016 3:32:44 PM

This, right here. I've never had a brother but I had a friend who essentially was. And I mean we did everything together from when I was 7 years old to 18 years old. He developed some bad habits in the later part of our friendship and it took me about 7-8 months to cut him off. It was one of the toughest decisions of my life. My only regret though was that I didn't cut him off sooner.
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/26/2016 3:38:42 PM
At 2/26/2016 3:32:44 PM, TheFlex wrote:

This, right here. I've never had a brother but I had a friend who essentially was. And I mean we did everything together from when I was 7 years old to 18 years old. He developed some bad habits in the later part of our friendship and it took me about 7-8 months to cut him off. It was one of the toughest decisions of my life. My only regret though was that I didn't cut him off sooner.

I've been through something very similar... it's hard, but it's what's best.
TheFlex
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/26/2016 3:40:19 PM
At 2/26/2016 3:38:42 PM, YYW wrote:

I can't tell you how much of a relief it was when I finally did it. It was also when I grew the most as an individual. I relied on this guy for so much.
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/26/2016 3:50:24 PM
At 2/26/2016 3:40:19 PM, TheFlex wrote:
At 2/26/2016 3:38:42 PM, YYW wrote:

I can't tell you how much of a relief it was when I finally did it. It was also when I grew the most as an individual. I relied on this guy for so much.

Really it was the exact same situation for me..... he was like my brother, but he was horrible for me.
Rosalie
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/26/2016 4:34:01 PM
Thanks guys...you're all right.

I need to move on..and stop worrying about her, and what she does, because she never did the same for me.

And I she asks for a maid if honor, I'm not doing it..

Buddamoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/26/2016 5:55:22 PM
At 2/26/2016 4:34:01 PM, Rosalie wrote:

I need to move on..and stop worrying about her, and what she does, because she never did the same for me.

No, you do it, but come all dolled up and fvckng sexy and steal her spotlight. Show her what the fvck is up lol
-Airmax1227

"Was he the sun?"

-Kazekirion
Rosalie
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/26/2016 6:00:54 PM
At 2/26/2016 5:55:22 PM, Buddamoose wrote:

No, you do it, but come all dolled up and fvckng sexy and steal her spotlight. Show her what the fvck is up lol

Then she will do what she always does...

She always shows me off to other people and says "This is my beautiful daughter--don't we look so much alike, its crazy! she's so beautiful"

Its utterly embarrassing....

Buddamoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/26/2016 6:04:27 PM
At 2/26/2016 6:00:54 PM, Rosalie wrote:
At 2/26/2016 5:55:22 PM, Buddamoose wrote:

Then she will do what she always does...

She always shows me off to other people and says "This is my beautiful daughter--don't we look so much alike, its crazy! she's so beautiful"

Its utterly embarrassing....

Hrmmmm, then you show up lookin like a hobo lmao, though I still think she wouldn't want to be upstaged on her wedding day
-Airmax1227

"Was he the sun?"

-Kazekirion
Rosalie
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/26/2016 7:23:16 PM
At 2/26/2016 2:22:52 PM, lannan13 wrote:

You feeling okay?

I'm okay now, thanks lannan.

lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/26/2016 7:57:55 PM
At 2/26/2016 7:23:16 PM, Rosalie wrote:
At 2/26/2016 2:22:52 PM, lannan13 wrote:

You feeling okay?

I'm okay now, thanks lannan.

Welcome.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~