Jump to topic:

"Working" hands

YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/26/2016 10:55:50 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
I was told by a guy I sort of met up with yesterday that I have "working" hands. I asked him what that meant. I asked him what he meant. He said "Your hands are like my dads. He was a construction worker."

Still, I asked him what he meant. He said "you've got scars and calluses on your hands. I looks like you work with them, or at least do something with them because you're not just sitting at a computer all day."

I said that was funny, given that I do sit at a computer all day pretty much. My work mostly involves writing; and when I'm not writing at work, I'm typing sh!t on here.

He said "It must be from the gym, then."

Frankly I'd never noticed it, but I do have calluses on my hands, and a few scars, although the scars are from when I worked as a roofer and did landscaping in high school.
Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/26/2016 11:04:02 PM
At 2/26/2016 10:55:50 PM, YYW wrote:
I was told by a guy I sort of met up with yesterday that I have "working" hands. I asked him what that meant. I asked him what he meant. He said "Your hands are like my dads. He was a construction worker."

Still, I asked him what he meant. He said "you've got scars and calluses on your hands. I looks like you work with them, or at least do something with them because you're not just sitting at a computer all day."

I said that was funny, given that I do sit at a computer all day pretty much. My work mostly involves writing; and when I'm not writing at work, I'm typing sh!t on here.

Frankly I'd never noticed it, but I do have calluses on my hands, and a few scars, although the scars are from when I worked as a roofer and did landscaping in high school.

I've done years of offshore work and also heavy duty factory work in wood mills. My brother in law has been white collar all his life.

My brother in law has old, shrivelly hands and mine are relatively smooth. I think it's genetics.
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/26/2016 11:07:45 PM
At 2/26/2016 11:04:02 PM, Greyparrot wrote:

I've done years of offshore work and also heavy duty factory work in wood mills. My brother in law has been white collar all his life.

My brother in law has old, shrivelly hands and mine are relatively smooth. I think it's genetics.

Interesting.

I think if I ever had the chance I'd work on an oil rig, or I'd really like to work on a ship... like, I think I'd be good at that.

I also think I'd be good at mining, or ironworks.
ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/26/2016 11:09:51 PM
TL DR:

You're Tinkerbell.
Solonkr~
I don't care about whether an ideology is "necessary" or not,
I care about how to solve problems,
which is what everyone else should also care about.

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY
MY SHIP SAILEY MUST SAIL"

SCREW THAT SHIZ #BANNIE = BAILEY & ANNIE

P.S. Shipped Sailey before it was cannon bitches.
Rosalie
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/26/2016 11:23:10 PM

Interesting..

Do you workout? I use to have terrible calluses when I was in weight lifting, but that was 2 semesters ago, and my hands are back to normal.

If they bother you, try using gold bond lotion.
" We need more videos of cat's playing the piano on the internet" - My art professor.

"Criticism is easier to take when you realize that the only people who aren't criticized are those who don't take risks." - Donald Trump

Officially Mrs. 16Kadams 8-30-16
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/26/2016 11:40:41 PM
At 2/26/2016 11:20:14 PM, Cody_Franklin wrote:
Valuable experience though it is, you probably would not enjoy working on boats.

Why?
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/26/2016 11:41:25 PM
At 2/26/2016 11:23:10 PM, Rosalie wrote:

Interesting..

Do you workout? I use to have terrible calluses when I was in weight lifting, but that was 2 semesters ago, and my hands are back to normal.

I do, and that's how I've got them.

They don't bother me. Although it was brought to my attention by a certain someone that they are kind of scratchy for certain activities.
Rosalie
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/26/2016 11:42:33 PM
At 2/26/2016 11:41:25 PM, YYW wrote:

Interesting..

They don't bother me. Although it was brought to my attention by a certain someone that they are kind of scratchy for certain activities.

Lmao...like playing Patty cake? :p
" We need more videos of cat's playing the piano on the internet" - My art professor.

"Criticism is easier to take when you realize that the only people who aren't criticized are those who don't take risks." - Donald Trump

Officially Mrs. 16Kadams 8-30-16
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/26/2016 11:43:39 PM
At 2/26/2016 11:42:33 PM, Rosalie wrote:
At 2/26/2016 11:41:25 PM, YYW wrote:

Interesting..

Lmao...like playing Patty cake? :p

Oh yeah that was totally it
Cody_Franklin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/26/2016 11:49:14 PM
At 2/26/2016 11:40:41 PM, YYW wrote:
Valuable experience though it is, you probably would not enjoy working on boats.

Why?

I've worked on a couple different ones, and, though I'm entirely willing to admit that it could be my personal idiosyncrasies as much as the small sample size, I found it not to be worth the relatively meager payoff, particularly given the hazards of being at sea. The pay was spotty, camaraderie was difficult to build, you don't get treated particularly respectfully, and it's just dirty, shitty work. My specific experiences were working on a fishing vessel and a cruise liner, specifically--and, again, I'm not saying the experience doesn't teach you some things--but I can't say that I would go back and do it a second time.
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/26/2016 11:50:39 PM
At 2/26/2016 11:49:14 PM, Cody_Franklin wrote:

Why?

I've worked on a couple different ones, and, though I'm entirely willing to admit that it could be my personal idiosyncrasies as much as the small sample size, I found it not to be worth the relatively meager payoff, particularly given the hazards of being at sea. The pay was spotty, camaraderie was difficult to build, you don't get treated particularly respectfully, and it's just dirty, shitty work. My specific experiences were working on a fishing vessel and a cruise liner, specifically--and, again, I'm not saying the experience doesn't teach you some things--but I can't say that I would go back and do it a second time.

Ah yeah I'm not interested in cruise work or fishing. More commercial shipping; like, for Maersk.
Cody_Franklin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/26/2016 11:53:21 PM
At 2/26/2016 11:50:39 PM, YYW wrote:

Why?

Ah yeah I'm not interested in cruise work or fishing. More commercial shipping; like, for Maersk.

One thing I've always wanted to do is travel on a cargo ship. It's apparently a thing you can do, and, from what I read, it sounds incredibly interesting. I'd be more interested in the voyage than in working on the thing.
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/26/2016 11:55:47 PM
At 2/26/2016 11:53:21 PM, Cody_Franklin wrote:
At 2/26/2016 11:50:39 PM, YYW wrote:

Why?

One thing I've always wanted to do is travel on a cargo ship. It's apparently a thing you can do, and, from what I read, it sounds incredibly interesting. I'd be more interested in the voyage than in working on the thing.

haha yeah I can feel that
ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/27/2016 12:14:32 AM
At 2/26/2016 11:41:41 PM, YYW wrote:
At 2/26/2016 11:09:51 PM, ESocialBookworm wrote:
TL DR:

You're Tinkerbell.

Tinkerbell?

When she became a tinker, she thought it was a mistake. The lady fairy in charge (not the queen) told her she had soft hands, but they would be tinker hands or something like that.
Solonkr~

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY

Buddamoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/27/2016 12:17:40 AM
I agree with GP. I think it's just genetics. My hands should be allll fucked up with all the construction and labor work I've done and how many times I've cut, nicked, blistered, or otherwise, and they're smooth AF
"Reality is an illusion created due to a lack of alcohol"
-Airmax1227

"You were the moon all this time, and he was always there to make you shine."

"Was he the sun?"

"No honey, he was the darkness"

-Kazekirion
Briannj17
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/27/2016 12:41:44 AM

Yeah, I'm told I have working hands as well and it's true. I work at a welding shop in the day (certified apprentice welder/fabricator) do construction and electrical work for my uncle and i am a farmer at home. My hands are pretty rough. But I like that I don't have a big need for gloves when I'm lifting steel or wood.
http://www.debate.org...
King of Poetry in this poem lacking era
Blade-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/27/2016 9:23:55 AM
I was told by a guy I sort of met up with yesterday that I have "working" hands.

I've had girls tell me that before. It's at that point that you grab him/her firmly and say, "wanna see my working dick"?

Jk, jk. That line only works if the mood is super playful. If you work out at the gym it's definitely due to that. I'm the dominant one in relationships and so my partners tend to generally appreciate "manly" features such as tough hands. That's also how you can determine if it's a compliment or not - it depends on the person saying it. Obviously if I was a hand model and my agent said that to me, it might not be a good thing. If it's someone I'm flirting with or getting those playful vibes from, I always take it as a compliment. Other times, you just don't know... I once had a girl say that to me, but it turned out she was just a snobby trust fund baby who never lifted a finger in her life. When I told her how I enjoy gardening she said that was, "a job for the staff".
Debate.org Deputy Vote Moderator
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
DDO Voting Guide: http://www.debate.org...
Need a judge on your debate? Nominate me! http://www.debate.org...
Blade-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/27/2016 9:24:50 AM
At 2/27/2016 9:23:55 AM, Blade-of-Truth wrote:
I was told by a guy I sort of met up with yesterday that I have "working" hands.

I've had girls tell me that before. It's at that point that you grab him/her firmly and say, "wanna see my working dick"?

Wait... since when has dick been allowed? I surely thought it was going to stop me there.

Jk, jk. That line only works if the mood is super playful. If you work out at the gym it's definitely due to that. I'm the dominant one in relationships and so my partners tend to generally appreciate "manly" features such as tough hands. That's also how you can determine if it's a compliment or not - it depends on the person saying it. Obviously if I was a hand model and my agent said that to me, it might not be a good thing. If it's someone I'm flirting with or getting those playful vibes from, I always take it as a compliment. Other times, you just don't know... I once had a girl say that to me, but it turned out she was just a snobby trust fund baby who never lifted a finger in her life. When I told her how I enjoy gardening she said that was, "a job for the staff".
Debate.org Deputy Vote Moderator
DDO Voting Guide: http://www.debate.org...
Need a judge on your debate? Nominate me! http://www.debate.org...
ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/27/2016 4:16:51 PM
At 2/27/2016 9:24:50 AM, Blade-of-Truth wrote:
At 2/27/2016 9:23:55 AM, Blade-of-Truth wrote:

Wait... since when has dick been allowed? I surely thought it was going to stop me there.

DDO has come out of the closet. It likes dick.

Solonkr~

Ken~

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY

ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/27/2016 4:17:31 PM

It's actually bisexual because it likes cunt too.

(Found that out through Chris ^)
Solonkr~

Ken~

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY

Buddamoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/27/2016 4:20:44 PM
At 2/27/2016 4:17:31 PM, ESocialBookworm wrote:

What, so you're telling me that I've used "v" in cunt and haven't needed to? Damn it all -_-
-Airmax1227

"Was he the sun?"

-Kazekirion
Buddamoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/27/2016 4:21:27 PM
Thundercunt
-Airmax1227

"Was he the sun?"

-Kazekirion
Buddamoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/27/2016 4:25:09 PM
Cunty, cunt-licker, cunt-muffin, C U Next Tuesday. cunt destroyer
-Airmax1227

"Was he the sun?"

-Kazekirion
Buddamoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/27/2016 4:25:33 PM
I have a lot of catching up to do
-Airmax1227

"Was he the sun?"

-Kazekirion
ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/27/2016 4:37:37 PM
At 2/27/2016 4:20:44 PM, Buddamoose wrote:

What, so you're telling me that I've used "v" in cunt and haven't needed to? Damn it all -_-

Damn it all? Why not fuk it all?
Solonkr~

Ken~

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY

Buddamoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/27/2016 4:38:54 PM
At 2/27/2016 4:37:37 PM, ESocialBookworm wrote:
At 2/27/2016 4:20:44 PM, Buddamoose wrote:

Damn it all? Why not fuk it all?

Correctly spelled expletives adds MORE EMPHASIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
-Airmax1227

"Was he the sun?"

-Kazekirion
Buddamoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/27/2016 4:40:20 PM