Jump to topic:

Confession

YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/3/2016 4:18:45 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
Is there something you have been wanting to get off your chest? To tell someone, without judgment? For another person in this world to know?

Tell me. I will never share it with a soul. We can talk about it if you want, or not.

But set yourself free.

Do not bump this thread. I don't want people to know who came to me, and then harass me to tell them what I learned.
Tsar of DDO
Buddamoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/3/2016 4:25:59 AM
Dude and here I thought this was some sort of confession from you. Way to click-bait me :/
"Reality is an illusion created due to a lack of alcohol"
-Airmax1227

"You were the moon all this time, and he was always there to make you shine."

"Was he the sun?"

"No honey, he was the darkness"

-Kazekirion
Blade-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/3/2016 4:34:35 AM
At 3/3/2016 4:25:59 AM, Buddamoose wrote:
Dude and here I thought this was some sort of confession from you. Way to click-bait me :/
Debate.org Deputy Vote Moderator
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
DDO Voting Guide: http://www.debate.org...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Need a judge on your debate? Nominate me! http://www.debate.org...
Rosalie
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/3/2016 4:38:37 AM
At 3/3/2016 4:18:45 AM, YYW wrote:
Is there something you have been wanting to get off your chest? To tell someone, without judgment? For another person in this world to know?

Tell me. I will never share it with a soul. We can talk about it if you want, or not.

But set yourself free.

Do not bump this thread. I don't want people to know who came to me, and then harass me to tell them what I learned.

Alright......*sigh*

I'm a trnasgendered black queer female! There, I said it! Don't judge me. :(
" We need more videos of cat's playing the piano on the internet" - My art professor.

"Criticism is easier to take when you realize that the only people who aren't criticized are those who don't take risks." - Donald Trump

Officially Mrs. 16Kadams 8-30-16
Buddamoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/3/2016 4:43:48 AM
Besides, if any confession is really serious enough to merit privacy via PM, then it's worth not saying at all.

Curious though, as a lawyer you might know this. Can messages on a website be used as evidence in a court of law?
-Airmax1227

"Was he the sun?"

-Kazekirion
Buddamoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/3/2016 4:44:08 AM
At 3/3/2016 4:43:48 AM, Buddamoose wrote:
Besides, if any confession is really serious enough to merit privacy via PM, then it's worth not saying at all.

Curious though, as a lawyer you might know this. Can messages on a website be used as evidence in a court of law?

Like as evidence of admission of guilt?
-Airmax1227

"Was he the sun?"

-Kazekirion
Buddamoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/3/2016 4:45:22 AM
At 3/3/2016 4:44:08 AM, Buddamoose wrote:

Would what I'm even saying right now be viewed as an admission of guilt in any sense? Cause I'm only asking out of curiosity.
-Airmax1227

"Was he the sun?"

-Kazekirion
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/3/2016 4:51:15 AM

It depends.
Tsar of DDO
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/3/2016 4:51:28 AM

It depends.
Tsar of DDO
Buddamoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/3/2016 4:52:31 AM
At 3/3/2016 4:51:15 AM, YYW wrote:

It depends.

Criminally, like ok, let's say hypothetically someone were to tell you they committed a crime but not disclose any details, could that be usable as evidence?
-Airmax1227

"Was he the sun?"

-Kazekirion
Rosalie
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/3/2016 4:54:59 AM
At 3/3/2016 4:45:22 AM, Buddamoose wrote:

Would what I'm even saying right now be viewed as an admission of guilt in any sense? Cause I'm only asking out of curiosity.

The awnser is yes

Save yourself, and don't do it.
" We need more videos of cat's playing the piano on the internet" - My art professor.

"Criticism is easier to take when you realize that the only people who aren't criticized are those who don't take risks." - Donald Trump

Officially Mrs. 16Kadams 8-30-16
Buddamoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/3/2016 4:59:59 AM
At 3/3/2016 4:54:59 AM, Rosalie wrote:
At 3/3/2016 4:45:22 AM, Buddamoose wrote:

The awnser is yes

Save yourself, and don't do it.

I was asking hypothetically, not saying I either have cause to, or even if I did, that I would even do so. I figured the answer was yes anyways, but as he's a lawyer I figured I'd ask him to know for sure cause I've always been curious
-Airmax1227

"Was he the sun?"

-Kazekirion
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/3/2016 5:07:34 AM
At 3/3/2016 4:52:31 AM, Buddamoose wrote:

It depends.

Criminally, like ok, let's say hypothetically someone were to tell you they committed a crime but not disclose any details, could that be usable as evidence?

Let's say that hypothetically you murdered someone. Like, you know... you went out and just straight up killed someone.

Suppose the government found you, arrested you, obtained a search warrant for your house and got your computer and did a data dump.

Then, they send the data to a lab in Virginia or Maryland where very smart people at private firms who analyze this stuff. They run the words through kind of software that looks for key words and phrases.

From this, they get enough information to subpoena your ISP for an IP dump, and then they go back to the same firm to figure out who the hell you are online. They do that, and learn you're on DDO.

Then, they go through your DDO stuff and learn that you've had many conversations with people. They get a data dump from Juggle (assuming Juggle has the technological capacity to do that, which I frankly doubt for like obvious reasons), and run your sh!t through the same algorithm.

Bam! The word "kill" comes up ten thousand times in all posts and PM's associated with your account (not just "that you made" but "associated with" so like stuff you replied to or whatever or sh!t other people said).

Then they get some tech troll to manually read your sh!t because their software is trash and they can't (unlike, for example, the NSA) sort the wheat from the chaff.

Eventually, they find the golden nugget: you admitting to killing someone. But you just admit to killing "someone." You don't say who, what, when, why or how. You just vaguely allude to it, really. You're light on the details.

There, the DA or AUSA whoever is prosecuting has *some* evidence of your guilt. It's a party admission, not hearsay, and admissible under the federal rules of evidence. That's, at least, as to the literal words contained on the page. The document on which the words are printed are hearsay, though, but admissible under the 803 exception for business records (maybe, probably coming in, though).

In the interrogation room, the AUSA or DA, or investigating detective shines a light in your eyes and gets all scary. They show you the printed out post, which freaks you the hell out.

(THAT really is how they know they've found something. They watch your reaction to sh!t they show you. Hint. hint. hint.)

But they've been trained to read body language and they know you're afraid; they know they've got you, and they know you're going to have a hard time lying it away.

They say "we know what this means, and you do too. let's cut a deal." If you're stupid then you'll talk, but if you're not stupid then you'll get a lawyer. Your lawyer, unless he's a total idiot, is going to say "This is nothing. You have nothing. Come on, Buddamoose, we're leaving. When they want to stop playing with their tech gizmos, we'll talk shop. Until then, they can fvck the hell off."

You, because you are not stupid, didn't even look at the document. They have no idea beyond an inkling, because the document's timestamp is contemporaneous in time with the murder of another person for whom they suspect you of having perpetrated.

At trial, the DA or AUSA shows you the same thing, but your attorney got a copy of it beforehand. They ask you questions about it. They're scary leading questions. You feel like you've been pinned. Your attorney bamboozles the jury and makes them think that the prosecutor's just a nerd who plays with computers too much in their parent's garage.

You got rid of all the physical evidence. You dissolved the body in acid, breaking bad style. You disposed of the Acid in the Flint river. It's scorching the lead off the pipes. Sh#it's fvcked. There were no eyewitnesses. They never even found the body. They have your little confession, but you walk.
Tsar of DDO
Buddamoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/3/2016 5:13:47 AM
At 3/3/2016 5:07:34 AM, YYW wrote:

It depends.

Let's say that hypothetically you murdered someone. Like, you know... you went out and just straight up killed someone.

Suppose the government found you, arrested you, obtained a search warrant for your house and got your computer and did a data dump.

Then, they send the data to a lab in Virginia or Maryland where very smart people at private firms who analyze this stuff. They run the words through kind of software that looks for key words and phrases.

From this, they get enough information to subpoena your ISP for an IP dump, and then they go back to the same firm to figure out who the hell you are online. They do that, and learn you're on DDO.

Then, they go through your DDO stuff and learn that you've had many conversations with people. They get a data dump from Juggle (assuming Juggle has the technological capacity to do that, which I frankly doubt for like obvious reasons), and run your sh!t through the same algorithm.

Bam! The word "kill" comes up ten thousand times in all posts and PM's associated with your account (not just "that you made" but "associated with" so like stuff you replied to or whatever or sh!t other people said).

Then they get some tech troll to manually read your sh!t because their software is trash and they can't (unlike, for example, the NSA) sort the wheat from the chaff.

Eventually, they find the golden nugget: you admitting to killing someone. But you just admit to killing "someone." You don't say who, what, when, why or how. You just vaguely allude to it, really. You're light on the details.

There, the DA or AUSA whoever is prosecuting has *some* evidence of your guilt. It's a party admission, not hearsay, and admissible under the federal rules of evidence. That's, at least, as to the literal words contained on the page. The document on which the words are printed are hearsay, though, but admissible under the 803 exception for business records (maybe, probably coming in, though).

In the interrogation room, the AUSA or DA, or investigating detective shines a light in your eyes and gets all scary. They show you the printed out post, which freaks you the hell out.

(THAT really is how they know they've found something. They watch your reaction to sh!t they show you. Hint. hint. hint.)

But they've been trained to read body language and they know you're afraid; they know they've got you, and they know you're going to have a hard time lying it away.

They say "we know what this means, and you do too. let's cut a deal." If you're stupid then you'll talk, but if you're not stupid then you'll get a lawyer. Your lawyer, unless he's a total idiot, is going to say "This is nothing. You have nothing. Come on, Buddamoose, we're leaving. When they want to stop playing with their tech gizmos, we'll talk shop. Until then, they can fvck the hell off."

You, because you are not stupid, didn't even look at the document. They have no idea beyond an inkling, because the document's timestamp is contemporaneous in time with the murder of another person for whom they suspect you of having perpetrated.

At trial, the DA or AUSA shows you the same thing, but your attorney got a copy of it beforehand. They ask you questions about it. They're scary leading questions. You feel like you've been pinned. Your attorney bamboozles the jury and makes them think that the prosecutor's just a nerd who plays with computers too much in their parent's garage.

You got rid of all the physical evidence. You dissolved the body in acid, breaking bad style. You disposed of the Acid in the Flint river. It's scorching the lead off the pipes. Sh#it's fvcked. There were no eyewitnesses. They never even found the body. They have your little confession, but you walk.

so basically before they even would do any sort of searches of that kind of stuff for such a hypothetical, they'd have to suspect you and obtain a warrant first?
-Airmax1227

"Was he the sun?"

-Kazekirion
Buddamoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/3/2016 5:15:31 AM
and basically, just by alluding to this topic in general, it could be viewed as evidence? That really doesn't make sense to me...
-Airmax1227

"Was he the sun?"

-Kazekirion
Buddamoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/3/2016 5:17:39 AM
At 3/3/2016 5:14:02 AM, Raisor wrote:
You have to tell us if you're a cop you know, otherwise it's entrapment.

I'm pretty sure that's just a myth
-Airmax1227

"Was he the sun?"

-Kazekirion
Buddamoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/3/2016 5:18:50 AM
At 3/3/2016 5:13:47 AM, Buddamoose wrote:

so basically before they even would do any sort of searches of that kind of stuff for such a hypothetical, they'd have to suspect you and obtain a warrant first?

and really, even then, they'd basically have nothing at all? But why would it even hit the point of a trial if they had nothing to very little to begin with?
-Airmax1227

"Was he the sun?"

-Kazekirion
Deb-8-A-Bull
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/3/2016 5:19:00 AM

It depends.

Nice question Buddamoose .
I was interested in this . How can they match you up to your computer. .? They can't hey.

Heaps of people might use my computer.
And my cat also sleeps on the keyboard, he might of did it.
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/3/2016 5:21:12 AM
At 3/3/2016 5:10:24 AM, Deb-8-A-Bull wrote:
YYW can you please make a post/ topic saying ..

Ask a lawyer ????

That I absolutely cannot do.
Tsar of DDO
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/3/2016 5:21:47 AM
At 3/3/2016 5:13:47 AM, Buddamoose wrote:

It depends.

Oh yeah. They can't just go searching on fishing expeditions.
Tsar of DDO
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/3/2016 5:23:47 AM

lol

Cops can lie when undercover.... but I'm not a cop. I know cops though... some are friends. I've even flirted with a cop on grindr.
Tsar of DDO
Raisor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/3/2016 5:24:07 AM
At 3/3/2016 5:17:39 AM, Buddamoose wrote:

No it's totally true. Cops aren't allowed to lie to you either, as long as you ask them dead on "are you telling the truth"
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/3/2016 5:24:18 AM
At 3/3/2016 5:19:00 AM, Deb-8-A-Bull wrote:

It depends.

Nice question Buddamoose .
I was interested in this . How can they match you up to your computer. .? They can't hey.

Heaps of people might use my computer.
And my cat also sleeps on the keyboard, he might of did it.

Actually there is a way... but you probably don't want to know.
Tsar of DDO
Buddamoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/3/2016 5:24:50 AM
At 3/3/2016 5:21:47 AM, YYW wrote:

I figured they weren't allowed to go through your own comp without a warrant. I honestly didn't know about say like, messages records from a phone, or a website, or something similar. I figured like, that worked differently because technically its not your private property, its, at least in the case of a website, a PM on a website not owned by you, the user.
-Airmax1227

"Was he the sun?"

-Kazekirion
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/3/2016 5:25:13 AM
At 3/3/2016 5:24:07 AM, Raisor wrote:
At 3/3/2016 5:17:39 AM, Buddamoose wrote:

No it's totally true. Cops aren't allowed to lie to you either, as long as you ask them dead on "are you telling the truth"

roflmao
Tsar of DDO
Raisor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/3/2016 5:27:53 AM
At 3/3/2016 5:23:47 AM, YYW wrote:

lol

Cops can lie when undercover.... but I'm not a cop. I know cops though... some are friends. I've even flirted with a cop on grindr.

The tragedy of ddo as a medium is that you can't share your good cop run in anecdotes
Deb-8-A-Bull
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/3/2016 5:28:28 AM
At 3/3/2016 5:21:12 AM, YYW wrote:
At 3/3/2016 5:10:24 AM, Deb-8-A-Bull wrote:
YYW can you please make a post/ topic saying ..

Ask a lawyer ????

That I absolutely cannot do.

Yeah I kind of new that but it would be good and helpful

If 5000 people purchased a Sim card and activated it , then they place it in a barrel . And you lucky dip a Sim card out , this I think would annoy law enforcement, and also make it hard for people to get your information. Could you see this working?
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/3/2016 5:28:47 AM
At 3/3/2016 5:24:50 AM, Buddamoose wrote:
At 3/3/2016 5:21:47 AM, YYW wrote:

I figured they weren't allowed to go through your own comp without a warrant.

Well, they can't go through your house or apt. without a warrant, or, take your computer from you if outside of your house or apt without a warrant. But if they have a warrant, then they can go through pretty much everything.

That's why I'll say this... be careful with drugs. Getting fvcked up with drugs is the easiest way to get nabbed for doing other illegal sh!t.

I honestly didn't know about say like, messages records from a phone, or a website, or something similar. I figured like, that worked differently because technically its not your private property, its, at least in the case of a website, a PM on a website not owned by you, the user.

I am not the lawyer of any person on this site, so I cannot give you legal advice, and, even if I did, it would be in this setting unethical. Nothing you could communicate to me on an open forum, even if I was your lawyer, could be considered "privileged."

Now, it if were sent via PM... idk. There's a discussion to be had for that, if I was your lawyer. But I'm not your lawyer, and I cannot give legal advice.
Tsar of DDO