Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/4/2016 1:19:34 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 3/4/2016 1:04:26 AM, Godgirl wrote:
Not any close ones, anyway . . .

That's sad.
"This is the true horror of religion. It allows perfectly decent and sane people to believe by the billions, what only lunatics could believe on their own." Sam Harris
Life asked Death "Why do people love me but hate you?"
Death responded: "Because you are a beautiful lie, and I am the painful truth."
Vaarka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/4/2016 1:20:11 AM

I'll be your close friend :D

Just a PM away, I promise
You're probably thinking right now "haha I'm a genius". Well you're not -Valkrin

inferno: "I don't know, are you attracted to women?"
ButterCatX: "No, Vaarka is mine!"

All hail scum Vaarka, wielder of the bastard sword, smiter of nations, destroyer of spiders -VOT

"Vaarka, I've been thinking about this for a long time now," (pulls out small box made of macaroni) "W-will you be my noodle buddy?" -Kirigaya
Godgirl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/4/2016 8:27:28 PM
At 3/4/2016 1:20:11 AM, Vaarka wrote:

I'll be your close friend :D

Just a PM away, I promise

Thanks. I might need some friends IRL though.
Godgirl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/4/2016 8:30:53 PM
I think I lied. I do have friends. There are several people whom I regularly spend time with and who are nice to me. I think that a normal middle school girl would be perfectly satisfied with my social situation. I believe that the problem is that I crave deeper relationships than others do.
Blade-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/4/2016 9:04:15 PM

Friends come and go. With time comes life experiences, that then cause us to transcend or regress in our relationships with others. In this life, we are truly blessed if we have even 3 real friends. Only the wisest of people really understand this though.

Just remain true to yourself, continue to live your life to the best of your ability, and someday a real friend will come along and keep you company. Learn to love yourself though, develop a good relationship with your self, and soon you won't feel lonely at all, regardless of how alone you are.
Debate.org Deputy Vote Moderator
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
DDO Voting Guide: http://www.debate.org...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Need a judge on your debate? Nominate me! http://www.debate.org...
Godgirl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/4/2016 10:14:30 PM
At 3/4/2016 9:04:15 PM, Blade-of-Truth wrote:

Friends come and go. With time comes life experiences, that then cause us to transcend or regress in our relationships with others. In this life, we are truly blessed if we have even 3 real friends. Only the wisest of people really understand this though.

Just remain true to yourself, continue to live your life to the best of your ability, and someday a real friend will come along and keep you company. Learn to love yourself though, develop a good relationship with your self, and soon you won't feel lonely at all, regardless of how alone you are.

Thanks. I needed that. And most people don't stay close to their friends from middle school anyway (or so I've heard)
Godgirl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/4/2016 10:15:15 PM
At 3/4/2016 9:26:05 PM, liltankjj wrote:

Friends are over rated.

Why do you say that?
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/4/2016 11:33:38 PM

Why would you want friends. Just more people to borrow money from you, that ypu have to fight for, and just that many more people, you'll end up feeling pain for, when you lose them or they die
Godgirl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/4/2016 11:38:00 PM
At 3/4/2016 11:33:38 PM, Wylted wrote:

Why would you want friends. Just more people to borrow money from you, that ypu have to fight for, and just that many more people, you'll end up feeling pain for, when you lose them or they die

I've never had a friend borrow money from me.
And they would fight for me too.
mc9
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/5/2016 2:17:59 AM

You understand this when only the wisest ones understand it?

Vaarka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/5/2016 2:36:25 AM
At 3/4/2016 10:14:30 PM, Godgirl wrote:

Thanks. I needed that. And most people don't stay close to their friends from middle school anyway (or so I've heard)

Most of my friends are friends I met in elementary/middle school XD
You're probably thinking right now "haha I'm a genius". Well you're not -Valkrin

inferno: "I don't know, are you attracted to women?"
ButterCatX: "No, Vaarka is mine!"

All hail scum Vaarka, wielder of the bastard sword, smiter of nations, destroyer of spiders -VOT

"Vaarka, I've been thinking about this for a long time now," (pulls out small box made of macaroni) "W-will you be my noodle buddy?" -Kirigaya
SamStevens
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/5/2016 7:16:29 AM
At 3/4/2016 8:30:53 PM, Godgirl wrote:
I think I lied.

):
I do have friends. There are several people whom I regularly spend time with and who are nice to me. I think that a normal middle school girl would be perfectly satisfied with my social situation. I believe that the problem is that I crave deeper relationships than others do.

Deeper relationships to what extent?
"This is the true horror of religion. It allows perfectly decent and sane people to believe by the billions, what only lunatics could believe on their own." Sam Harris
Life asked Death "Why do people love me but hate you?"
Death responded: "Because you are a beautiful lie, and I am the painful truth."
Godgirl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/5/2016 3:32:29 PM
At 3/5/2016 2:17:59 AM, mc9 wrote:

You understand this when only the wisest ones understand it?
lol
Godgirl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/5/2016 3:33:02 PM
At 3/5/2016 2:36:25 AM, Vaarka wrote:
At 3/4/2016 10:14:30 PM, Godgirl wrote:

Most of my friends are friends I met in elementary/middle school XD

Okay, I stand corrected.
Godgirl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/5/2016 3:38:11 PM
At 3/5/2016 7:16:29 AM, SamStevens wrote:
At 3/4/2016 8:30:53 PM, Godgirl wrote:
I think I lied.

):
I do have friends. There are several people whom I regularly spend time with and who are nice to me. I think that a normal middle school girl would be perfectly satisfied with my social situation. I believe that the problem is that I crave deeper relationships than others do.

Deeper relationships to what extent?

Maybe other people do feel this way (did I like again?) I don't want my friends to just be people I hang out with. I want to really know them, have people I can trust with anything and I know they have my back. Right now, I really don't have that.
famousdebater
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/5/2016 4:00:30 PM

If you keep being nice and patient with people then you'll have friends.
"Life calls the tune, we dance."
John Galsworthy
CodingSource
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/5/2016 4:05:06 PM
Are you a regular student? Try joining extra-curricular activities. I'm a homeschooler, but I have bunch of friends. If you have read the story of Heidi, you can make friends if you are a friend.

And plus, you should not seek friends. They come to you.
If computers have no doors or fences, who needs Windows and Gates?

I have a 10-0-0 debate record with an ELO ranking of 2,814. From 610th during my first two-week stay, I am now 326th in the Debates Leaderboard: http://www.debate.org...
Godgirl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/5/2016 4:21:55 PM
At 3/5/2016 4:05:06 PM, CodingSource wrote:
Are you a regular student?
Yes.
Try joining extra-curricular activities.
I am in Drama class/club, and I do know and like most of the people involved. I'm just not close friends with them.
I'm a homeschooler, but I have bunch of friends. If you have read the story of Heidi, you can make friends if you are a friend.
I used to be homeschooled, and I actually feel like I had more friends then.
I loved Heidi :)

Yeah, but if everyone went by that policy, no one would have any friends because they'd all just be waiting.
XLAV
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/5/2016 4:33:45 PM
At 3/5/2016 3:38:11 PM, Godgirl wrote:

Maybe other people do feel this way (did I like again?) I don't want my friends to just be people I hang out with. I want to really know them, have people I can trust with anything and I know they have my back. Right now, I really don't have that.

I understand your problem, you have friends, but you only hang out with them. This people are just your normal friends. The type of friends you are looking for are 'close' friends. Normal friends are those who you hang out with just because they are there. Close friends are those who you are willing to hang out with anytime and anywhere because you have a special bond with them that you don't have with your other friends.

When I was 13, I started hanging out with 2 guys. We experimented if we were going to be close friends. Well, we didn't become close friends, but we stilled remained friends. I found my best friend when I was 14, and we met through a mutual friend. I also found another close friend just recently in college.

If possible, choose a friend you have right now who you are most comfortable with. Then you can test the waters and start talking and sharing some light secrets with this certain friend. If all is good, then great, you can start sharing some more personal stuff and both of you are close friends.

If you aren't comfortable with anyone yet, then be patient. According to you're profile, you're 13, so you're still starting to develop your unique personality. Find someone who has the same personality as you, or likes your personality and vice versa. Also, go meet new people, experiment and socialize with them and see if they can be a good friend for you.
Godgirl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/5/2016 4:35:40 PM
At 3/5/2016 4:33:45 PM, XLAV wrote:
At 3/5/2016 3:38:11 PM, Godgirl wrote:

I understand your problem, you have friends, but you only hang out with them. This people are just your normal friends. The type of friends you are looking for are 'close' friends. Normal friends are those who you hang out with just because they are there. Close friends are those who you are willing to hang out with anytime and anywhere because you have a special bond with them that you don't have with your other friends.

When I was 13, I started hanging out with 2 guys. We experimented if we were going to be close friends. Well, we didn't become close friends, but we stilled remained friends. I found my best friend when I was 14, and we met through a mutual friend. I also found another close friend just recently in college.

If possible, choose a friend you have right now who you are most comfortable with. Then you can test the waters and start talking and sharing some light secrets with this certain friend. If all is good, then great, you can start sharing some more personal stuff and both of you are close friends.

If you aren't comfortable with anyone yet, then be patient. According to you're profile, you're 13, so you're still starting to develop your unique personality. Find someone who has the same personality as you, or likes your personality and vice versa. Also, go meet new people, experiment and socialize with them and see if they can be a good friend for you.

Good advice. Thanks.
XLAV
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/5/2016 4:41:38 PM
Just remember, close friends are usually those people who has the same personality, humor and experience as you, or you have different personalities, but you like his/her personality and he/she also likes your personality.
CodingSource
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/5/2016 4:48:40 PM
At 3/5/2016 4:21:55 PM, Godgirl wrote:
Yes.
I am in Drama class/club, and I do know and like most of the people involved. I'm just not close friends with them.
I'm a homeschooler, but I have bunch of friends. If you have read the story of Heidi, you can make friends if you are a friend.

Yeah, but if everyone went by that policy, no one would have any friends because they'd all just be waiting.

I think you misunderstood.

+1 kababayan!

I am going to share this story. My grandfather had a very close friend. This 'friend' promised my grandfather, because this friend was very rich, that he would pay all my grandfather's debts which was millions. The friend went off to Paris and never came back. This changed my grandfather forever: from a friendly person to a private person. He shut all the doors to friendship. 15 years had passed since that incident (it was 1986) and he resigned from being a University of the Philippines' professor. He devoted his last years (15 years) to his grandchildren, and that includes me, his closest and eldest grandson.

You see...we should choose our friends. Seize the opportunity to be close friends with the people you often see. I seized the opportunity to be close friends with these 3 peers and guess what, we are!

I have a 10-0-0 debate record with an ELO ranking of 2,814. From 610th during my first two-week stay, I am now 326th in the Debates Leaderboard: http://www.debate.org...
XLAV
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/5/2016 4:52:15 PM
At 3/5/2016 4:48:40 PM, CodingSource wrote:

+1 kababayan!

I am going to share this story. My grandfather had a very close friend. This 'friend' promised my grandfather, because this friend was very rich, that he would pay all my grandfather's debts which was millions. The friend went off to Paris and never came back. This changed my grandfather forever: from a friendly person to a private person. He shut all the doors to friendship. 15 years had passed since that incident (it was 1986) and he resigned from being a University of the Philippines' professor. He devoted his last years (15 years) to his grandchildren, and that includes me, his closest and eldest grandson.
Damn bruh. I don't understand why the close friend would even say he would pay your grandfather's debts if he wasn't even going to bother paying it. I feel like something is missing from the story.
CodingSource
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/5/2016 4:57:09 PM
At 3/5/2016 4:52:15 PM, XLAV wrote:

+1 kababayan!

Damn bruh. I don't understand why the close friend would even say he would pay your grandfather's debts if he wasn't even going to bother paying it. I feel like something is missing from the story.

I felt that too, bruh. Certain sources led to this story, especially my mom who was with him until his deathbed. I think that my grandpa requested this guy (and I also heard from his closest colleagues and students that they signed an agreement). I don't know what is that called and it is related in the banking system.

He didn't tell me about that story either. Perhaps that tells it why, after his retirement, isolated himself from the outside for the last 15 years.

XLAV
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/5/2016 4:58:44 PM
At 3/5/2016 4:57:09 PM, CodingSource wrote:

I felt that too, bruh. Certain sources led to this story, especially my mom who was with him until his deathbed. I think that my grandpa requested this guy (and I also heard from his closest colleagues and students that they signed an agreement). I don't know what is that called and it is related in the banking system.
Loaning?

He didn't tell me about that story either. Perhaps that tells it why, after his retirement, isolated himself from the outside for the last 15 years.
CodingSource
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/5/2016 4:59:20 PM
At 3/5/2016 4:58:44 PM, XLAV wrote:
At 3/5/2016 4:57:09 PM, CodingSource wrote:

Loaning?

Maybe...

XLAV
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/5/2016 5:02:38 PM
At 3/5/2016 4:59:20 PM, CodingSource wrote:

Maybe...

Well if you want to hear my theory, I think this 'friend' loaned money from your grandpa and ran.
Godgirl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/5/2016 5:08:34 PM
At 3/5/2016 4:21:55 PM, Godgirl wrote:
Yes.

I think you misunderstood.
Okay, could you explain it to me, then?

+1 kababayan!

You see...we should choose our friends. Seize the opportunity to be close friends with the people you often see. I seized the opportunity to be close friends with these 3 peers and guess what, we are!