Total Posts:41|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

I need advice.

LiberalProlifer
Posts: 803
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/14/2016 2:41:47 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
I am bisexual and I support LGBT rights. How to I make the case for LGBT rights without making anyone mad?
Vox_Veritas
Posts: 7,077
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/14/2016 3:01:42 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 3/14/2016 2:41:47 AM, LiberalProlifer wrote:
I am bisexual and I support LGBT rights. How to I make the case for LGBT rights without making anyone mad?

Why do you feel it important to make the case for LGBT rights?
Call me Vox, the Resident Contrarian of debate.org.

The DDO Blog:
https://debatedotorg.wordpress.com...

#drinkthecoffeenotthekoolaid
LiberalProlifer
Posts: 803
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/14/2016 3:11:29 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 3/14/2016 3:01:42 AM, Vox_Veritas wrote:
At 3/14/2016 2:41:47 AM, LiberalProlifer wrote:
I am bisexual and I support LGBT rights. How to I make the case for LGBT rights without making anyone mad?

Why do you feel it important to make the case for LGBT rights?

Because we live in a culture where religion is allowed to bully gays and bisexuals.
Vox_Veritas
Posts: 7,077
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/14/2016 4:13:37 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 3/14/2016 3:11:29 AM, LiberalProlifer wrote:
At 3/14/2016 3:01:42 AM, Vox_Veritas wrote:
At 3/14/2016 2:41:47 AM, LiberalProlifer wrote:
I am bisexual and I support LGBT rights. How to I make the case for LGBT rights without making anyone mad?

Why do you feel it important to make the case for LGBT rights?

Because we live in a culture where religion is allowed to bully gays and bisexuals.

I would obviously dispute the claim that what normally happens is bullying, but be more specific. Do you simply want to argue for the sake of arguing or do you need to convince somebody who has a problem with your bisexuality?
Call me Vox, the Resident Contrarian of debate.org.

The DDO Blog:
https://debatedotorg.wordpress.com...

#drinkthecoffeenotthekoolaid
LiberalProlifer
Posts: 803
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/14/2016 4:18:58 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 3/14/2016 4:13:37 AM, Vox_Veritas wrote:
At 3/14/2016 3:11:29 AM, LiberalProlifer wrote:
At 3/14/2016 3:01:42 AM, Vox_Veritas wrote:
At 3/14/2016 2:41:47 AM, LiberalProlifer wrote:
I am bisexual and I support LGBT rights. How to I make the case for LGBT rights without making anyone mad?

Why do you feel it important to make the case for LGBT rights?

Because we live in a culture where religion is allowed to bully gays and bisexuals.

I would obviously dispute the claim that what normally happens is bullying, but be more specific. Do you simply want to argue for the sake of arguing or do you need to convince somebody who has a problem with your bisexuality?
What would you know? You are not gay or bisexual. I am bisexual, so I know what I am talking about. I have been bullied by CONservative Christians for being bisexual.
Vox_Veritas
Posts: 7,077
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/14/2016 4:31:32 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 3/14/2016 4:18:58 AM, LiberalProlifer wrote:
At 3/14/2016 4:13:37 AM, Vox_Veritas wrote:
At 3/14/2016 3:11:29 AM, LiberalProlifer wrote:
At 3/14/2016 3:01:42 AM, Vox_Veritas wrote:
At 3/14/2016 2:41:47 AM, LiberalProlifer wrote:
I am bisexual and I support LGBT rights. How to I make the case for LGBT rights without making anyone mad?

Why do you feel it important to make the case for LGBT rights?

Because we live in a culture where religion is allowed to bully gays and bisexuals.

I would obviously dispute the claim that what normally happens is bullying, but be more specific. Do you simply want to argue for the sake of arguing or do you need to convince somebody who has a problem with your bisexuality?
What would you know? You are not gay or bisexual. I am bisexual, so I know what I am talking about. I have been bullied by CONservative Christians for being bisexual.

Your definition of "bullied" and my definition of "bullied" are probably radically different, but whatever.
If you want to make your case, you could say that as a behavior that only affects two consenting adults, society has no right to ban it. You could argue that the primary objections to same-sex marriage are religious and that the United States is a nation where no state religion is permitted. If they bring up "it isn't natural", you could question how natural-ness is relevant, seeing as how humans do unnatural things everyday. If they bring up the argument that sex is intended only for reproduction, then you could ask them if they've ever masturbated (if they're honest and male they'll probably answer yes), and point out that original intent doesn't necessarily mean that it shouldn't be allowed to be used for non-reproductive purposes.
Call me Vox, the Resident Contrarian of debate.org.

The DDO Blog:
https://debatedotorg.wordpress.com...

#drinkthecoffeenotthekoolaid
Vox_Veritas
Posts: 7,077
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/14/2016 4:45:39 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
I would just like to point out something, though. You claim to be bisexual, correct? That means you are capable of falling in love with a person of either gender. If this is true, you have the capability of falling in love with someone of the opposite gender and remaining committed to this person, just like a man who falls in love with a certain woman stops looking at other women in a certain way.
That is, you have the choice of being heterosexual, regardless of whether or not "homosexuality is not a choice" applies in other situations.
Call me Vox, the Resident Contrarian of debate.org.

The DDO Blog:
https://debatedotorg.wordpress.com...

#drinkthecoffeenotthekoolaid
Wylted
Posts: 21,167
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/14/2016 4:59:49 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 3/14/2016 2:41:47 AM, LiberalProlifer wrote:
I am bisexual and I support LGBT rights. How to I make the case for LGBT rights without making anyone mad?

Please don't rell people you are bisexual. All girls are bisexual, just identify yourself as straight, you can still do chicks, you just don't have the stigma attached
Stronn
Posts: 318
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/14/2016 5:04:11 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 3/14/2016 2:41:47 AM, LiberalProlifer wrote:
I am bisexual and I support LGBT rights. How to I make the case for LGBT rights without making anyone mad?

You can't. If you take a position on any remotely controversial topic, then you will make some people mad. It's human nature. The most you can do is to stay respectful and civilized.
Stronn
Posts: 318
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/14/2016 5:17:24 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 3/14/2016 4:45:39 AM, Vox_Veritas wrote:
I would just like to point out something, though. You claim to be bisexual, correct? That means you are capable of falling in love with a person of either gender. If this is true, you have the capability of falling in love with someone of the opposite gender and remaining committed to this person, just like a man who falls in love with a certain woman stops looking at other women in a certain way.
That is, you have the choice of being heterosexual, regardless of whether or not "homosexuality is not a choice" applies in other situations.

Oh please. A straight man who falls in love with a woman does not suddenly stop finding other women attractive. And vice versa. Committing to a life partner of the opposite sex will not suddenly turn a bisexual person straight.
vortex86
Posts: 571
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/14/2016 10:45:34 AM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 3/14/2016 4:18:58 AM, LiberalProlifer wrote:
At 3/14/2016 4:13:37 AM, Vox_Veritas wrote:
At 3/14/2016 3:11:29 AM, LiberalProlifer wrote:
At 3/14/2016 3:01:42 AM, Vox_Veritas wrote:
At 3/14/2016 2:41:47 AM, LiberalProlifer wrote:
I am bisexual and I support LGBT rights. How to I make the case for LGBT rights without making anyone mad?

Why do you feel it important to make the case for LGBT rights?

Because we live in a culture where religion is allowed to bully gays and bisexuals.

I would obviously dispute the claim that what normally happens is bullying, but be more specific. Do you simply want to argue for the sake of arguing or do you need to convince somebody who has a problem with your bisexuality?
What would you know? You are not gay or bisexual. I am bisexual, so I know what I am talking about. I have been bullied by CONservative Christians for being bisexual.

At 3/14/2016 4:18:58 AM, LiberalProlifer wrote:
At 3/14/2016 4:13:37 AM, Vox_Veritas wrote:
At 3/14/2016 3:11:29 AM, LiberalProlifer wrote:
At 3/14/2016 3:01:42 AM, Vox_Veritas wrote:
At 3/14/2016 2:41:47 AM, LiberalProlifer wrote:
I am bisexual and I support LGBT rights. How to I make the case for LGBT rights without making anyone mad?

Why do you feel it important to make the case for LGBT rights?

Because we live in a culture where religion is allowed to bully gays and bisexuals.

I would obviously dispute the claim that what normally happens is bullying, but be more specific. Do you simply want to argue for the sake of arguing or do you need to convince somebody who has a problem with your bisexuality?
What would you know? You are not gay or bisexual. I am bisexual, so I know what I am talking about. I have been bullied by CONservative Christians for being bisexual.

I have to point out the fact that you feel "bullied" by someone for your perceived difference of opinion or belief or lifestyle (whatever you want to call it). Then in the same statement you emphasize the CON in conservative. You even have combative language towards someone that was attempting to assist you with your dilemma. He then went on to give you legitimate arguments despite this.

You initially state you want to defend your stance without "making people mad". I would suggest the alienating language you use and the matter of fact tone with "What would you know?" wouldn't bode well in keeping things civil. You are in essence diminishing his opinion.
Hayd
Posts: 4,022
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/14/2016 3:08:48 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 3/14/2016 2:41:47 AM, LiberalProlifer wrote:
I am bisexual and I support LGBT rights. How to I make the case for LGBT rights without making anyone mad?

You can't. You have to accept that some people are going to disagree with you, and make sure they are wrong
Vox_Veritas
Posts: 7,077
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/14/2016 3:21:50 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 3/14/2016 5:17:24 AM, Stronn wrote:
At 3/14/2016 4:45:39 AM, Vox_Veritas wrote:
I would just like to point out something, though. You claim to be bisexual, correct? That means you are capable of falling in love with a person of either gender. If this is true, you have the capability of falling in love with someone of the opposite gender and remaining committed to this person, just like a man who falls in love with a certain woman stops looking at other women in a certain way.
That is, you have the choice of being heterosexual, regardless of whether or not "homosexuality is not a choice" applies in other situations.

Oh please. A straight man who falls in love with a woman does not suddenly stop finding other women attractive. And vice versa. Committing to a life partner of the opposite sex will not suddenly turn a bisexual person straight.

A man who falls in love may still find other women attractive..but he stops dwelling on the attractiveness of other women. If SitaraMusica marries a man, she might still find women attractive but that wouldn't really matter.
Call me Vox, the Resident Contrarian of debate.org.

The DDO Blog:
https://debatedotorg.wordpress.com...

#drinkthecoffeenotthekoolaid
The-Voice-of-Truth
Posts: 6,571
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/14/2016 6:47:39 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 3/14/2016 3:11:29 AM, LiberalProlifer wrote:
At 3/14/2016 3:01:42 AM, Vox_Veritas wrote:
At 3/14/2016 2:41:47 AM, LiberalProlifer wrote:
I am bisexual and I support LGBT rights. How to I make the case for LGBT rights without making anyone mad?

Why do you feel it important to make the case for LGBT rights?

Because we live in a culture where religion is allowed to bully gays and bisexuals.

Yet this is TOTALLY okay: https://www.youtube.com...
Suh dude

"Because we all know who the most important snowflake in the wasteland is... It's YOU, champ! You're a special snowflake." -Vaarka, 01:30 in the hangouts

"Screw laying siege to Korea. That usually takes an hour or so." -Vaarka

"Crap, what is my religion again?" -Vaarka

I'm Rick Harrison and this is my pawn shop. I work here with my old man and my son, Big Hoss, and in 23 years I've learned one thing. You never know what is gonna come through that door.
lannan13
Posts: 23,078
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/14/2016 8:16:45 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 3/14/2016 2:41:47 AM, LiberalProlifer wrote:
I am bisexual and I support LGBT rights. How to I make the case for LGBT rights without making anyone mad?

You're going to always make someone mad no matter what anyone says.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
Torton
Posts: 988
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/14/2016 9:10:23 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 3/14/2016 6:47:39 PM, The-Voice-of-Truth wrote:
At 3/14/2016 3:11:29 AM, LiberalProlifer wrote:
At 3/14/2016 3:01:42 AM, Vox_Veritas wrote:
At 3/14/2016 2:41:47 AM, LiberalProlifer wrote:
I am bisexual and I support LGBT rights. How to I make the case for LGBT rights without making anyone mad?

Why do you feel it important to make the case for LGBT rights?

Because we live in a culture where religion is allowed to bully gays and bisexuals.

Yet this is TOTALLY okay: https://www.youtube.com...
I don't see how this is a bad thing?
persianimmortal
Posts: 115
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/14/2016 10:19:43 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
I would just like to point out something, though. You claim to be bisexual, correct? That means you are capable of falling in love with a person of either gender. If this is true, you have the capability of falling in love with someone of the opposite gender and remaining committed to this person, just like a man who falls in love with a certain woman stops looking at other women in a certain way.
That is, you have the choice of being heterosexual, regardless of whether or not "homosexuality is not a choice" applies in other situations.

you sir, are an absolute genius, a gunslinger with words is more accurate.....a wordslinger. I would like to use your arguments in my debates with my friends.
Vox_Veritas
Posts: 7,077
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/14/2016 11:01:25 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 3/14/2016 10:19:43 PM, persianimmortal wrote:
I would just like to point out something, though. You claim to be bisexual, correct? That means you are capable of falling in love with a person of either gender. If this is true, you have the capability of falling in love with someone of the opposite gender and remaining committed to this person, just like a man who falls in love with a certain woman stops looking at other women in a certain way.
That is, you have the choice of being heterosexual, regardless of whether or not "homosexuality is not a choice" applies in other situations.

you sir, are an absolute genius, a gunslinger with words is more accurate.....a wordslinger. I would like to use your arguments in my debates with my friends.

Sure. Just don't forget to cite me as your source if you decide to quote me word for word. An accusation of plagiarism can turn every voter against you.
Call me Vox, the Resident Contrarian of debate.org.

The DDO Blog:
https://debatedotorg.wordpress.com...

#drinkthecoffeenotthekoolaid
Torton
Posts: 988
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/14/2016 11:07:29 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 3/14/2016 11:01:25 PM, Vox_Veritas wrote:
At 3/14/2016 10:19:43 PM, persianimmortal wrote:
I would just like to point out something, though. You claim to be bisexual, correct? That means you are capable of falling in love with a person of either gender. If this is true, you have the capability of falling in love with someone of the opposite gender and remaining committed to this person, just like a man who falls in love with a certain woman stops looking at other women in a certain way.
That is, you have the choice of being heterosexual, regardless of whether or not "homosexuality is not a choice" applies in other situations.

you sir, are an absolute genius, a gunslinger with words is more accurate.....a wordslinger. I would like to use your arguments in my debates with my friends.

Sure. Just don't forget to cite me as your source if you decide to quote me word for word. An accusation of plagiarism can turn every voter against you.
Pretty sure he's just referring to informal "debate" (conversations) with friends, not debates on here.
Stronn
Posts: 318
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/14/2016 11:41:04 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 3/14/2016 3:21:50 PM, Vox_Veritas wrote:
At 3/14/2016 5:17:24 AM, Stronn wrote:
At 3/14/2016 4:45:39 AM, Vox_Veritas wrote:
I would just like to point out something, though. You claim to be bisexual, correct? That means you are capable of falling in love with a person of either gender. If this is true, you have the capability of falling in love with someone of the opposite gender and remaining committed to this person, just like a man who falls in love with a certain woman stops looking at other women in a certain way.
That is, you have the choice of being heterosexual, regardless of whether or not "homosexuality is not a choice" applies in other situations.

Oh please. A straight man who falls in love with a woman does not suddenly stop finding other women attractive. And vice versa. Committing to a life partner of the opposite sex will not suddenly turn a bisexual person straight.

A man who falls in love may still find other women attractive..but he stops dwelling on the attractiveness of other women. If SitaraMusica marries a man, she might still find women attractive but that wouldn't really matter.

You make the point for me. If SitaraMusica (whoever that is) marries a man, and still finds women sexually attractive, then she is still bisexual. Whether or not she acts upon the attraction is irrelevant to the definition.

Bisexual: sexually attracted to both men and women.
Vox_Veritas
Posts: 7,077
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/14/2016 11:54:21 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 3/14/2016 11:41:04 PM, Stronn wrote:
At 3/14/2016 3:21:50 PM, Vox_Veritas wrote:
At 3/14/2016 5:17:24 AM, Stronn wrote:
At 3/14/2016 4:45:39 AM, Vox_Veritas wrote:
I would just like to point out something, though. You claim to be bisexual, correct? That means you are capable of falling in love with a person of either gender. If this is true, you have the capability of falling in love with someone of the opposite gender and remaining committed to this person, just like a man who falls in love with a certain woman stops looking at other women in a certain way.
That is, you have the choice of being heterosexual, regardless of whether or not "homosexuality is not a choice" applies in other situations.

Oh please. A straight man who falls in love with a woman does not suddenly stop finding other women attractive. And vice versa. Committing to a life partner of the opposite sex will not suddenly turn a bisexual person straight.

A man who falls in love may still find other women attractive..but he stops dwelling on the attractiveness of other women. If SitaraMusica marries a man, she might still find women attractive but that wouldn't really matter.

You make the point for me. If SitaraMusica (whoever that is) marries a man, and still finds women sexually attractive, then she is still bisexual. Whether or not she acts upon the attraction is irrelevant to the definition.

Bisexual: sexually attracted to both men and women.

She may still have those attractions, yes. But she wouldn't act on them. I am not arguing that she wouldn't feel such attractions; what I'm arguing is those attractions would be irrelevant.
I am not an alcoholic because I may have a genetic predisposition towards addiction to alcohol that would be triggered upon drinking; I am only an alcoholic whenever I take that drink and become hooked. Likewise, the conventional definition of "homo/hetero/bi-sexual" (that you are simply because you feel attraction) is stupid and a partisan weapon of semantics that serves to strip people of their sexual free will.
Call me Vox, the Resident Contrarian of debate.org.

The DDO Blog:
https://debatedotorg.wordpress.com...

#drinkthecoffeenotthekoolaid
persianimmortal
Posts: 115
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/14/2016 11:54:43 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
Sure. Just don't forget to cite me as your source if you decide to quote me word for word. An accusation of plagiarism can turn every voter against you.

Oh without a doubt sir. Of course I will cite you as a source. I was also going to make it a part of my university paper on the psychology behind homosexuality. My paper is mainly about what the identity of individual is, 24 hours after determining that they're "homosexual". Do they go immediately in search of a satisfaction suppressant or would they need time to adjust to their new found lifestyle. Adjustment would indicate that they still question their decision on homosexuality, making it a whimsical decision most likely influenced by outside sources, where as immediate action demonstrates their desire to prove their eligibility within the LGBT community. Both scenarios make it a lose-lose situation for the individual deciding such actions because their is no natural integration into a community when going against the biological flow of a man being with a woman for procreation.

Hope this makes sense and if you have anything to add please feel free :)
Vox_Veritas
Posts: 7,077
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/15/2016 12:04:07 AM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 3/14/2016 11:54:43 PM, persianimmortal wrote:
Sure. Just don't forget to cite me as your source if you decide to quote me word for word. An accusation of plagiarism can turn every voter against you.

Oh without a doubt sir. Of course I will cite you as a source. I was also going to make it a part of my university paper on the psychology behind homosexuality. My paper is mainly about what the identity of individual is, 24 hours after determining that they're "homosexual". Do they go immediately in search of a satisfaction suppressant or would they need time to adjust to their new found lifestyle. Adjustment would indicate that they still question their decision on homosexuality, making it a whimsical decision most likely influenced by outside sources, where as immediate action demonstrates their desire to prove their eligibility within the LGBT community. Both scenarios make it a lose-lose situation for the individual deciding such actions because their is no natural integration into a community when going against the biological flow of a man being with a woman for procreation.

Hope this makes sense and if you have anything to add please feel free :)

Wait: a University paper? I am not a credible source; all I can offer is logic, not proof of anything.
Call me Vox, the Resident Contrarian of debate.org.

The DDO Blog:
https://debatedotorg.wordpress.com...

#drinkthecoffeenotthekoolaid
persianimmortal
Posts: 115
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/15/2016 12:16:05 AM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 3/15/2016 12:04:07 AM, Vox_Veritas wrote:
At 3/14/2016 11:54:43 PM, persianimmortal wrote:
Sure. Just don't forget to cite me as your source if you decide to quote me word for word. An accusation of plagiarism can turn every voter against you.

Oh without a doubt sir. Of course I will cite you as a source. I was also going to make it a part of my university paper on the psychology behind homosexuality. My paper is mainly about what the identity of individual is, 24 hours after determining that they're "homosexual". Do they go immediately in search of a satisfaction suppressant or would they need time to adjust to their new found lifestyle. Adjustment would indicate that they still question their decision on homosexuality, making it a whimsical decision most likely influenced by outside sources, where as immediate action demonstrates their desire to prove their eligibility within the LGBT community. Both scenarios make it a lose-lose situation for the individual deciding such actions because their is no natural integration into a community when going against the biological flow of a man being with a woman for procreation.

Hope this makes sense and if you have anything to add please feel free :)

Wait: a University paper? I am not a credible source; all I can offer is logic, not proof of anything.

I guess you're right. Regardless, your arguments would still help me out but I will back up your arguments with credible sources in order to reinforce your point in my paper. If I have your permission that is.
Vox_Veritas
Posts: 7,077
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/15/2016 12:18:09 AM
Posted: 8 months ago
The most invisible yet biting irony of the sexual liberation movement is that in declaring that "some people are gay and there's absolutely nothing they can do about it" they've given labels to many people which the label recipients are not allowed to refuse. Nobody is permitted to choose to be an ex-gay; no matter how you live your life if you even have a propensity towards homosexual behavior then you have no choice but to be gay. It doesn't even matter if you find happiness in your marriage to someone of the opposite sex; the bisexual label is never something you can reject because that's what a very powerful leftist elite has declared you to be. Sexual liberation has become dogmatic to the point where they remove one set of chains and apply another.
It cannot be helped, however, because the Left has realized long ago that to convince the public that homosexuals are not people who do X but people who are X is an immensely effective strategy. In forcing this other label upon them they have succeeded in making any disapproval of or legislative action against homosexuality appear to be an attack on a group of people akin to racism. You no longer hate homosexuality; now you hate homosexuals. You are now in the same boat as a white supremacist. Because of the massive effectiveness of this narrative the Left will not drop it as long as any fairly significant influence of the Christian religion in the United States remains.
Call me Vox, the Resident Contrarian of debate.org.

The DDO Blog:
https://debatedotorg.wordpress.com...

#drinkthecoffeenotthekoolaid
Vox_Veritas
Posts: 7,077
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/15/2016 12:32:25 AM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 3/15/2016 12:16:05 AM, persianimmortal wrote:
At 3/15/2016 12:04:07 AM, Vox_Veritas wrote:
At 3/14/2016 11:54:43 PM, persianimmortal wrote:
Sure. Just don't forget to cite me as your source if you decide to quote me word for word. An accusation of plagiarism can turn every voter against you.

Oh without a doubt sir. Of course I will cite you as a source. I was also going to make it a part of my university paper on the psychology behind homosexuality. My paper is mainly about what the identity of individual is, 24 hours after determining that they're "homosexual". Do they go immediately in search of a satisfaction suppressant or would they need time to adjust to their new found lifestyle. Adjustment would indicate that they still question their decision on homosexuality, making it a whimsical decision most likely influenced by outside sources, where as immediate action demonstrates their desire to prove their eligibility within the LGBT community. Both scenarios make it a lose-lose situation for the individual deciding such actions because their is no natural integration into a community when going against the biological flow of a man being with a woman for procreation.

Hope this makes sense and if you have anything to add please feel free :)

Wait: a University paper? I am not a credible source; all I can offer is logic, not proof of anything.

I guess you're right. Regardless, your arguments would still help me out but I will back up your arguments with credible sources in order to reinforce your point in my paper. If I have your permission that is.

Sure
Call me Vox, the Resident Contrarian of debate.org.

The DDO Blog:
https://debatedotorg.wordpress.com...

#drinkthecoffeenotthekoolaid
persianimmortal
Posts: 115
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/15/2016 12:35:13 AM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 3/15/2016 12:32:25 AM, Vox_Veritas wrote:
At 3/15/2016 12:16:05 AM, persianimmortal wrote:
At 3/15/2016 12:04:07 AM, Vox_Veritas wrote:
At 3/14/2016 11:54:43 PM, persianimmortal wrote:
Sure. Just don't forget to cite me as your source if you decide to quote me word for word. An accusation of plagiarism can turn every voter against you.

Oh without a doubt sir. Of course I will cite you as a source. I was also going to make it a part of my university paper on the psychology behind homosexuality. My paper is mainly about what the identity of individual is, 24 hours after determining that they're "homosexual". Do they go immediately in search of a satisfaction suppressant or would they need time to adjust to their new found lifestyle. Adjustment would indicate that they still question their decision on homosexuality, making it a whimsical decision most likely influenced by outside sources, where as immediate action demonstrates their desire to prove their eligibility within the LGBT community. Both scenarios make it a lose-lose situation for the individual deciding such actions because their is no natural integration into a community when going against the biological flow of a man being with a woman for procreation.

Hope this makes sense and if you have anything to add please feel free :)

Wait: a University paper? I am not a credible source; all I can offer is logic, not proof of anything.

I guess you're right. Regardless, your arguments would still help me out but I will back up your arguments with credible sources in order to reinforce your point in my paper. If I have your permission that is.

Sure

thanks man :)
Vox_Veritas
Posts: 7,077
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/15/2016 12:43:11 AM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 3/15/2016 12:35:13 AM, persianimmortal wrote:
At 3/15/2016 12:32:25 AM, Vox_Veritas wrote:
At 3/15/2016 12:16:05 AM, persianimmortal wrote:
At 3/15/2016 12:04:07 AM, Vox_Veritas wrote:
At 3/14/2016 11:54:43 PM, persianimmortal wrote:
Sure. Just don't forget to cite me as your source if you decide to quote me word for word. An accusation of plagiarism can turn every voter against you.

Oh without a doubt sir. Of course I will cite you as a source. I was also going to make it a part of my university paper on the psychology behind homosexuality. My paper is mainly about what the identity of individual is, 24 hours after determining that they're "homosexual". Do they go immediately in search of a satisfaction suppressant or would they need time to adjust to their new found lifestyle. Adjustment would indicate that they still question their decision on homosexuality, making it a whimsical decision most likely influenced by outside sources, where as immediate action demonstrates their desire to prove their eligibility within the LGBT community. Both scenarios make it a lose-lose situation for the individual deciding such actions because their is no natural integration into a community when going against the biological flow of a man being with a woman for procreation.

Hope this makes sense and if you have anything to add please feel free :)

Wait: a University paper? I am not a credible source; all I can offer is logic, not proof of anything.

I guess you're right. Regardless, your arguments would still help me out but I will back up your arguments with credible sources in order to reinforce your point in my paper. If I have your permission that is.

Sure

thanks man :)

You're welcome. It'd be really great if I could get to read your paper after it's finished and submitted.
Call me Vox, the Resident Contrarian of debate.org.

The DDO Blog:
https://debatedotorg.wordpress.com...

#drinkthecoffeenotthekoolaid
persianimmortal
Posts: 115
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/15/2016 12:47:02 AM
Posted: 8 months ago
You're welcome. It'd be really great if I could get to read your paper after it's finished and submitted.

You'll be the 2nd to read it my friend :) Submission date is the last day of May. It's quite the wait but you will get it
Stronn
Posts: 318
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/15/2016 12:52:54 AM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 3/15/2016 12:18:09 AM, Vox_Veritas wrote:
The most invisible yet biting irony of the sexual liberation movement is that in declaring that "some people are gay and there's absolutely nothing they can do about it" they've given labels to many people which the label recipients are not allowed to refuse. Nobody is permitted to choose to be an ex-gay; no matter how you live your life if you even have a propensity towards homosexual behavior then you have no choice but to be gay. It doesn't even matter if you find happiness in your marriage to someone of the opposite sex; the bisexual label is never something you can reject because that's what a very powerful leftist elite has declared you to be. Sexual liberation has become dogmatic to the point where they remove one set of chains and apply another.
It cannot be helped, however, because the Left has realized long ago that to convince the public that homosexuals are not people who do X but people who are X is an immensely effective strategy. In forcing this other label upon them they have succeeded in making any disapproval of or legislative action against homosexuality appear to be an attack on a group of people akin to racism. You no longer hate homosexuality; now you hate homosexuals. You are now in the same boat as a white supremacist. Because of the massive effectiveness of this narrative the Left will not drop it as long as any fairly significant influence of the Christian religion in the United States remains.

There is recent evidence that sexual orientation is more fluid than once thought. But that does not validate the practices of groups like the now-defunct Exodus International, whose mission was to "pray away the gay". In 2013 they disbanded, their leader admitting that they had done more harm than good.

Regardless of how flexible sexual orientation turns out to be, we should not base our opinion about it on the ambiguous writings of bronze-age peasants.