Total Posts:30|Showing Posts:1-30
Jump to topic:

Do you want to be a Parent?

bsh1
Posts: 27,504
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/16/2016 5:39:48 AM
Posted: 8 months ago
Do you want to be a parent someday?
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.


"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
Rosalie
Posts: 4,612
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/16/2016 5:50:56 AM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 3/16/2016 5:39:48 AM, bsh1 wrote:
Do you want to be a parent someday?

I want to have 5 kids.. ^.^
" We need more videos of cat's playing the piano on the internet" - My art professor.

"Criticism is easier to take when you realize that the only people who aren't criticized are those who don't take risks." - Donald Trump

Officially Mrs. 16Kadams 8-30-16
bsh1
Posts: 27,504
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/16/2016 5:53:23 AM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 3/16/2016 5:50:56 AM, Rosalie wrote:
At 3/16/2016 5:39:48 AM, bsh1 wrote:
Do you want to be a parent someday?

I want to have 5 kids.. ^.^

I want to have 3-8 kids. 5 would be a good number.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.


"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
Rosalie
Posts: 4,612
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/16/2016 5:55:45 AM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 3/16/2016 5:53:23 AM, bsh1 wrote:
At 3/16/2016 5:50:56 AM, Rosalie wrote:
At 3/16/2016 5:39:48 AM, bsh1 wrote:
Do you want to be a parent someday?

I want to have 5 kids.. ^.^

I want to have 3-8 kids. 5 would be a good number.

Wow, really? Thats awesome...

Would you adopt kids from different countries?
" We need more videos of cat's playing the piano on the internet" - My art professor.

"Criticism is easier to take when you realize that the only people who aren't criticized are those who don't take risks." - Donald Trump

Officially Mrs. 16Kadams 8-30-16
bsh1
Posts: 27,504
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/16/2016 5:57:04 AM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 3/16/2016 5:55:45 AM, Rosalie wrote:
At 3/16/2016 5:53:23 AM, bsh1 wrote:
At 3/16/2016 5:50:56 AM, Rosalie wrote:
At 3/16/2016 5:39:48 AM, bsh1 wrote:
Do you want to be a parent someday?

I want to have 5 kids.. ^.^

I want to have 3-8 kids. 5 would be a good number.


Wow, really? Thats awesome...

Would you adopt kids from different countries?

Possibly.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.


"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
Rosalie
Posts: 4,612
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/16/2016 6:18:22 AM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 3/16/2016 5:57:04 AM, bsh1 wrote:
At 3/16/2016 5:55:45 AM, Rosalie wrote:
At 3/16/2016 5:53:23 AM, bsh1 wrote:
At 3/16/2016 5:50:56 AM, Rosalie wrote:
At 3/16/2016 5:39:48 AM, bsh1 wrote:
Do you want to be a parent someday?

I want to have 5 kids.. ^.^

I want to have 3-8 kids. 5 would be a good number.


Wow, really? Thats awesome...

Would you adopt kids from different countries?

Possibly.

I always thought it would be nice to go to a third-world country and adopt children..it's so sad how so many have to grow up in poverty, and lack the basic necessities to live.
" We need more videos of cat's playing the piano on the internet" - My art professor.

"Criticism is easier to take when you realize that the only people who aren't criticized are those who don't take risks." - Donald Trump

Officially Mrs. 16Kadams 8-30-16
bsh1
Posts: 27,504
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/16/2016 6:20:02 AM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 3/16/2016 6:18:22 AM, Rosalie wrote:
At 3/16/2016 5:57:04 AM, bsh1 wrote:
At 3/16/2016 5:55:45 AM, Rosalie wrote:
At 3/16/2016 5:53:23 AM, bsh1 wrote:
At 3/16/2016 5:50:56 AM, Rosalie wrote:
At 3/16/2016 5:39:48 AM, bsh1 wrote:
Do you want to be a parent someday?

I want to have 5 kids.. ^.^

I want to have 3-8 kids. 5 would be a good number.


Wow, really? Thats awesome...

Would you adopt kids from different countries?

Possibly.

I always thought it would be nice to go to a third-world country and adopt children..it's so sad how so many have to grow up in poverty, and lack the basic necessities to live.

I sympathize with that.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.


"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
Jeholopterus
Posts: 57
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/16/2016 7:37:25 AM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 3/16/2016 6:18:22 AM, Rosalie wrote:
At 3/16/2016 5:57:04 AM, bsh1 wrote:
At 3/16/2016 5:55:45 AM, Rosalie wrote:
At 3/16/2016 5:53:23 AM, bsh1 wrote:
At 3/16/2016 5:50:56 AM, Rosalie wrote:
At 3/16/2016 5:39:48 AM, bsh1 wrote:
Do you want to be a parent someday?

I want to have 5 kids.. ^.^

I want to have 3-8 kids. 5 would be a good number.


Wow, really? Thats awesome...

Would you adopt kids from different countries?

Possibly.

I always thought it would be nice to go to a third-world country and adopt children..it's so sad how so many have to grow up in poverty, and lack the basic necessities to live.

It's even worse when people say that third world countries are all poor and undeveloped. Just because we didn't join the Communist or Nato doesn't mean we are poor.
Rosalie
Posts: 4,612
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/16/2016 7:38:26 AM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 3/16/2016 7:37:25 AM, Jeholopterus wrote:
At 3/16/2016 6:18:22 AM, Rosalie wrote:
At 3/16/2016 5:57:04 AM, bsh1 wrote:
At 3/16/2016 5:55:45 AM, Rosalie wrote:
At 3/16/2016 5:53:23 AM, bsh1 wrote:
At 3/16/2016 5:50:56 AM, Rosalie wrote:
At 3/16/2016 5:39:48 AM, bsh1 wrote:
Do you want to be a parent someday?

I want to have 5 kids.. ^.^

I want to have 3-8 kids. 5 would be a good number.


Wow, really? Thats awesome...

Would you adopt kids from different countries?

Possibly.

I always thought it would be nice to go to a third-world country and adopt children..it's so sad how so many have to grow up in poverty, and lack the basic necessities to live.

It's even worse when people say that third world countries are all poor and undeveloped. Just because we didn't join the Communist or Nato doesn't mean we are poor.

I did not say all 3rd world countries are poor...
" We need more videos of cat's playing the piano on the internet" - My art professor.

"Criticism is easier to take when you realize that the only people who aren't criticized are those who don't take risks." - Donald Trump

Officially Mrs. 16Kadams 8-30-16
Jeholopterus
Posts: 57
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/16/2016 7:39:16 AM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 3/16/2016 7:38:26 AM, Rosalie wrote:
At 3/16/2016 7:37:25 AM, Jeholopterus wrote:
At 3/16/2016 6:18:22 AM, Rosalie wrote:
At 3/16/2016 5:57:04 AM, bsh1 wrote:
At 3/16/2016 5:55:45 AM, Rosalie wrote:
At 3/16/2016 5:53:23 AM, bsh1 wrote:
At 3/16/2016 5:50:56 AM, Rosalie wrote:
At 3/16/2016 5:39:48 AM, bsh1 wrote:
Do you want to be a parent someday?

I want to have 5 kids.. ^.^

I want to have 3-8 kids. 5 would be a good number.


Wow, really? Thats awesome...

Would you adopt kids from different countries?

Possibly.

I always thought it would be nice to go to a third-world country and adopt children..it's so sad how so many have to grow up in poverty, and lack the basic necessities to live.

It's even worse when people say that third world countries are all poor and undeveloped. Just because we didn't join the Communist or Nato doesn't mean we are poor.

I did not say all 3rd world countries are poor...

You still used the term to refer to poor countries. Shame.
Rosalie
Posts: 4,612
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/16/2016 7:46:53 AM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 3/16/2016 7:39:16 AM, Jeholopterus wrote:
At 3/16/2016 7:38:26 AM, Rosalie wrote:
At 3/16/2016 7:37:25 AM, Jeholopterus wrote:
At 3/16/2016 6:18:22 AM, Rosalie wrote:
At 3/16/2016 5:57:04 AM, bsh1 wrote:
At 3/16/2016 5:55:45 AM, Rosalie wrote:
At 3/16/2016 5:53:23 AM, bsh1 wrote:
At 3/16/2016 5:50:56 AM, Rosalie wrote:
At 3/16/2016 5:39:48 AM, bsh1 wrote:
Do you want to be a parent someday?

I want to have 5 kids.. ^.^

I want to have 3-8 kids. 5 would be a good number.


Wow, really? Thats awesome...

Would you adopt kids from different countries?

Possibly.

I always thought it would be nice to go to a third-world country and adopt children..it's so sad how so many have to grow up in poverty, and lack the basic necessities to live.

It's even worse when people say that third world countries are all poor and undeveloped. Just because we didn't join the Communist or Nato doesn't mean we are poor.

I did not say all 3rd world countries are poor...

You still used the term to refer to poor countries. Shame.

Not really. Congo, and Niger are some of the poorest countries in the world.

But, I'm sorry you took offense to that, I didn't mean anything by it.
" We need more videos of cat's playing the piano on the internet" - My art professor.

"Criticism is easier to take when you realize that the only people who aren't criticized are those who don't take risks." - Donald Trump

Officially Mrs. 16Kadams 8-30-16
Jeholopterus
Posts: 57
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/16/2016 8:19:21 AM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 3/16/2016 7:46:53 AM, Rosalie wrote:
At 3/16/2016 7:39:16 AM, Jeholopterus wrote:
At 3/16/2016 7:38:26 AM, Rosalie wrote:
At 3/16/2016 7:37:25 AM, Jeholopterus wrote:
At 3/16/2016 6:18:22 AM, Rosalie wrote:
At 3/16/2016 5:57:04 AM, bsh1 wrote:
At 3/16/2016 5:55:45 AM, Rosalie wrote:
At 3/16/2016 5:53:23 AM, bsh1 wrote:
At 3/16/2016 5:50:56 AM, Rosalie wrote:
At 3/16/2016 5:39:48 AM, bsh1 wrote:
Do you want to be a parent someday?

I want to have 5 kids.. ^.^

I want to have 3-8 kids. 5 would be a good number.


Wow, really? Thats awesome...

Would you adopt kids from different countries?

Possibly.

I always thought it would be nice to go to a third-world country and adopt children..it's so sad how so many have to grow up in poverty, and lack the basic necessities to live.

It's even worse when people say that third world countries are all poor and undeveloped. Just because we didn't join the Communist or Nato doesn't mean we are poor.

I did not say all 3rd world countries are poor...

You still used the term to refer to poor countries. Shame.

Not really. Congo, and Niger are some of the poorest countries in the world.

But, I'm sorry you took offense to that, I didn't mean anything by it.

There are much more third world countries than that.

I did not take offence, it's the last part I am a little saddened by, people use the term poor countries and third world they don't even think anything of it.
Andromeda_Z
Posts: 4,151
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/17/2016 12:46:26 AM
Posted: 8 months ago
Not really. I think I'd love being an aunt, but I don't want kids of my own. I'm not interested in being pregnant at all, babies scare me a bit, and honestly I don't have the faintest clue how I'd raise a child into the kind of adult that would make the human species worthwhile. Honestly, I have no idea. Kids are cool, but I couldn't handle the responsibility. :/ Probably for the best if I just get an alpaca or something.
Buddamoose
Posts: 19,449
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/17/2016 1:17:35 AM
Posted: 8 months ago
Yes 2-4
"Reality is an illusion created due to a lack of alcohol"
-Airmax1227

"You were the moon all this time, and he was always there to make you shine."

"Was he the sun?"

"No honey, he was the darkness"

-Kazekirion
Buddamoose
Posts: 19,449
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/17/2016 2:49:54 AM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 3/17/2016 1:17:35 AM, Buddamoose wrote:
Yes 2-4

Knowing my luck though, I'll end up with someone who wants even more, and being me, I'll just go along with it, cause, why not? Despite thinking even 4 kids is a bit on the extreme side 0_o.

Ultimately though, I'd be happy with just one tbh
"Reality is an illusion created due to a lack of alcohol"
-Airmax1227

"You were the moon all this time, and he was always there to make you shine."

"Was he the sun?"

"No honey, he was the darkness"

-Kazekirion
Vaarka
Posts: 7,622
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/17/2016 2:50:31 AM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 3/17/2016 2:49:54 AM, Buddamoose wrote:

Ultimately though, I'd be happy with just one tbh

^
You're probably thinking right now "haha I'm a genius". Well you're not -Valkrin

inferno: "I don't know, are you attracted to women?"
ButterCatX: "No, Vaarka is mine!"

All hail scum Vaarka, wielder of the bastard sword, smiter of nations, destroyer of spiders -VOT

"Vaarka, I've been thinking about this for a long time now," (pulls out small box made of macaroni) "W-will you be my noodle buddy?" -Kirigaya
Wylted
Posts: 21,167
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/17/2016 2:55:29 AM
Posted: 8 months ago
I think it is cruel and evil to bring a child into this world. Why condemn a person to all that suffering, and ultimately death.

Every child you bring into this world is going to suffer and die, nice job sadists.
Blade-of-Truth
Posts: 5,036
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/17/2016 6:21:28 AM
Posted: 8 months ago
Yup, 3-5 kids would be ideal.
Debate.org Deputy Vote Moderator
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
DDO Voting Guide: http://www.debate.org...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Need a judge on your debate? Nominate me! http://www.debate.org...
1harderthanyouthink
Posts: 13,102
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/17/2016 2:48:53 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
Yes
"It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here,
And I'm much obliged to you for making it clear - that I'm not here."

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
Rosalie
Posts: 4,612
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/17/2016 3:03:25 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 3/17/2016 3:01:17 PM, ResponsiblyIrresponsible wrote:
Probably not.

Why not!?
" We need more videos of cat's playing the piano on the internet" - My art professor.

"Criticism is easier to take when you realize that the only people who aren't criticized are those who don't take risks." - Donald Trump

Officially Mrs. 16Kadams 8-30-16
ResponsiblyIrresponsible
Posts: 12,398
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/17/2016 3:06:46 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 3/17/2016 3:03:25 PM, Rosalie wrote:
At 3/17/2016 3:01:17 PM, ResponsiblyIrresponsible wrote:
Probably not.

Why not!?

(a) No interest in getting married.

(b) Parenting w/o marriage = disaster in the making.

That's the simplest explanation. I'd prefer to march to beat of my own drum.
~ResponsiblyIrresponsible

DDO's Economics Messiah
Rosalie
Posts: 4,612
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/17/2016 3:13:51 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 3/17/2016 3:06:46 PM, ResponsiblyIrresponsible wrote:
At 3/17/2016 3:03:25 PM, Rosalie wrote:
At 3/17/2016 3:01:17 PM, ResponsiblyIrresponsible wrote:
Probably not.

Why not!?

(a) No interest in getting married.

(b) Parenting w/o marriage = disaster in the making.

That's the simplest explanation. I'd prefer to march to beat of my own drum.

But so cute..
http://imgur.com...
" We need more videos of cat's playing the piano on the internet" - My art professor.

"Criticism is easier to take when you realize that the only people who aren't criticized are those who don't take risks." - Donald Trump

Officially Mrs. 16Kadams 8-30-16
ResponsiblyIrresponsible
Posts: 12,398
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/17/2016 3:15:25 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 3/17/2016 3:13:51 PM, Rosalie wrote:
At 3/17/2016 3:06:46 PM, ResponsiblyIrresponsible wrote:
At 3/17/2016 3:03:25 PM, Rosalie wrote:
At 3/17/2016 3:01:17 PM, ResponsiblyIrresponsible wrote:
Probably not.

Why not!?

(a) No interest in getting married.

(b) Parenting w/o marriage = disaster in the making.

That's the simplest explanation. I'd prefer to march to beat of my own drum.

But so cute..
http://imgur.com...

Come on, you know that's a facile argument, lollol. I'm not going to list the reasons, but they are numerous.
~ResponsiblyIrresponsible

DDO's Economics Messiah
Rosalie
Posts: 4,612
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/17/2016 4:30:21 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 3/17/2016 6:21:28 AM, Blade-of-Truth wrote:
Yup, 3-5 kids would be ideal.

I was thinking about 6..
" We need more videos of cat's playing the piano on the internet" - My art professor.

"Criticism is easier to take when you realize that the only people who aren't criticized are those who don't take risks." - Donald Trump

Officially Mrs. 16Kadams 8-30-16
Blade-of-Truth
Posts: 5,036
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/17/2016 4:36:32 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 3/17/2016 4:30:21 PM, Rosalie wrote:
At 3/17/2016 6:21:28 AM, Blade-of-Truth wrote:
Yup, 3-5 kids would be ideal.

I was thinking about 6..

I'd be open to that, but only for you my love <3
Debate.org Deputy Vote Moderator
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
DDO Voting Guide: http://www.debate.org...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Need a judge on your debate? Nominate me! http://www.debate.org...
SamStevens
Posts: 3,819
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/17/2016 9:21:41 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 3/16/2016 5:39:48 AM, bsh1 wrote:
Do you want to be a parent someday?

At the moment, I have no idea. ...$240,570 over 18 years...

The possibility of being in a relationship is also a concern. Drama with other person, cheating, etc.
"This is the true horror of religion. It allows perfectly decent and sane people to believe by the billions, what only lunatics could believe on their own." Sam Harris
Life asked Death "Why do people love me but hate you?"
Death responded: "Because you are a beautiful lie, and I am the painful truth."