Total Posts:17|Showing Posts:1-17
Jump to topic:

My Departure Thread > YYW's Departure Thread

ResponsiblyIrresponsible
Posts: 12,398
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/21/2016 8:07:52 AM
Posted: 8 months ago
Disclaimer: I may or may not be sober whilst writing this.

I'm going to try my best to add as much levity to this post as I possible can -- let's start with the fact that the cardinality of the set of all my purported departures is uncountably infinite.

(I know, real-analysis joke... sorry, people who aren't toiling away through proofs upon proofs upon proofs upon bloody proofs.)

The funny story is, my forum mafia game, if ever I actually had the chance to mod a forum game, was going to have a math theme. Initially I was going to give everyone a proof and somehow tie thematic analysis inextricably to finding scum -- i.e., every proof by contradiction was scum, or something -- until I realized... I suck at writing proofs: it would take me HOURS to actually write up a bloody setup that (a) no one would understand (not even the mod) and (b) would likely cause people to drop out faster than a Trump presidency would make SJW's flee the country.

(For the record, I love SJW's -- they're fannnntassssticccccccccccccccccc. Whenever I'm feeling gloomy, listening to one of them makes me realize that I'm much, much more intelligent than I thought I was. Kudos, fellas (and fellos).)

So, why am I leaving? Again? For the n + 1th (factorial) time?

Several reasons, though unlike YYW, I'm not going to type out 24,000 characters explaining why. Now why's that?

Well, I'm with Alan Greenspan on this (Bossy might appreciate this: he loves Alan Greenspan):

"It's a-- a language of purposeful obfuscation to avoid certain questions coming up, which you know you can't answer, and saying-- "I will not answer or basically no comment is, in fact, an answer." So, you end up with when, say, a Congressman asks you a question, and don't wanna say, "No comment," or "I won't answer," or something like that. So, I proceed with four or five sentences which get increasingly obscure. The Congressman thinks I answered the question and goes onto the next one."

I don't agree with Greenspan on much... err... on anything (the guy's a quack!), but this is a great one. You could even say it's a fannnnnnnnntttttasssticcccccccc one. It's truly tremendous, and not in the least bit disassssstrousssssss.

BTW, you know what's disastrous? That YYW guy really thinks HE'S DDO's Trump. Pfffft. Gimme a break. Guy's a total chump. I bet he's into guys, too. That's not to say anything negative about gay people: I get along great with the gays. They're fannnnntassticccc, and they give wonderful massages. When we build the Great Wall of Trump, the gays will totally be let in. The Mexicans and the Muslims? Not so much -- unless they worship me.. that's a different story.

Anyway, let's be serious: I've been a member of this website in various forms for over a year and a half now. Not all of them could be readily likened to rainbows and butterflies. Indeed, I've met some exceptional people. One of them, Rebekah, is now my best friend and practically my little sister. I've said time and again that meeting her made my time on this website worth it, and I stand by that.

But, if given a choice to redo some things... of course I'd redo it. Hell, who's interested in getting into senseless flamewars or creating -- and in some cases perpetuating -- long, drawn-out conflicts, many of which will probably outlive my account? As I've grown increasingly apathetic about DDO, whether it was because of the downward trend in site activity and content (YYW and I are on the same page in many respects in terms of the website's trajectory) or because real life called, this is really my only regret.

So, to anyone with a burning hatred of me, and I'm sure there's a few of you, I suppose you've "won," though probably not in the way you thought. Indeed, if my presence on this website is in some way infuriating to you, you've certainly won in the sense that you won't be seeing me around anymore. I suppose that's a win. But there's another way that I think is far more valuable:

(a) For my part, I apologize and (b) for your part, I forgive you.

It's not really possible to shake hands on the internet, so consider this a virtual handshake:

*handshake*

(No, Maikuru, that isn't a scum tell -- I'm miller, I promise.)

For some of you, I'm sure that's inadequate. And that's fine. I've definitely said and done a lot of things that I regret, and I think I've matured enough over the past few months to own up to that -- perhaps most of that took place over the past year... chaining myself to a cubicle in the library with a stack of math problems, an honors thesis, research opportunities, grad-school apps, etc. can really change a person. (Or, you know, drive him to vote for Donald Trump.......).

That's pretty much all I have to say. I've definitely overspent my welcome here and will have deactivated -- and hopefully won't load this website again, though you all know how "addictive" it can be -- by the time you all have a chance to read this.

Actually, two more things:

(a) I wish I could be around by July to vote in the upcoming election. In the scenario that I was, I would unquestionably cast my ballot for and throw my trust to Imabench. Sorry, Endark: our conversation in the forums reminded me of WHY I was so pro-abolition during the last election cycle! (Another regret I have is that we didn't exactly leave on the best terms: hopefully you know that I like you, think you're a good person, and have no vendetta against you whatsoever -- even though I think you're totally and completely wrong on a whole bunch of stuff ;)).

(b) Some of you who have my e-mail may have noticed recently that it's gone inactive. No, I haven't blocked you. I closed that account down. Without having done that, I'd be too tempted to join hangouts or reactivate my account. I think this is by far the best option for me given the current state of my life, and I hope you all can understand.

Without further ado, I'm out -- again.

Cheers,

Joey

a.k.a. the REAL DDO's Trump, not that YYW guy -- who's a chump, a lightweight, a loser, and a fannnnnnnntasssticcccccc person whom I've grown to like and admire quite a lot, and whom I will miss quite a bit.
~ResponsiblyIrresponsible

DDO's Economics Messiah
ColeTrain
Posts: 4,320
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/21/2016 7:57:15 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 3/21/2016 8:07:52 AM, ResponsiblyIrresponsible wrote:

Have a good life, you'll be missed.... if you can handle staying away from me (since I'm awesome, it will be a trial of your self-control). Anyways, later. :)
"The right to 360 noscope noobs shall not be infringed!!!" -- tajshar2k
"So, to start off, I've never committed suicide." -- Vaarka
"I eat glue." -- brontoraptor
"I mean, at this rate, I'd argue for a ham sandwich presidency." -- ResponsiblyIrresponsible
"Overthrow Assad, heil jihad." -- 16kadams when trolling in hangout
"Hillary Clinton is not my favorite person ... and her campaign is as inspiring as a bowl of cottage cheese." -- YYW
Rosalie
Posts: 4,612
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/21/2016 8:03:10 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
Noooooo... :'(
" We need more videos of cat's playing the piano on the internet" - My art professor.

"Criticism is easier to take when you realize that the only people who aren't criticized are those who don't take risks." - Donald Trump

Officially Mrs. 16Kadams 8-30-16
DarthKirones
Posts: 509
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/21/2016 8:48:38 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
Isn't this like, the fifth time you've left?
"I am not religious. I am a genius. I have the Universe in my hands."
-Aerogant

"Of course a jewish baby cannibalizing a jewish mommy is fine"
-Heil being retarded

"Eradicating the baby scourge from our midsts is most certainly fun. And I am proud to be your hero. Babies tremble then they hear my name.. Airmax, the hero of baby annihilation."
-Airmax
Vaarka
Posts: 7,636
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/21/2016 8:49:50 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
Sorry to see you go, Joey ;_;
You're probably thinking right now "haha I'm a genius". Well you're not -Valkrin

inferno: "I don't know, are you attracted to women?"
ButterCatX: "No, Vaarka is mine!"

All hail scum Vaarka, wielder of the bastard sword, smiter of nations, destroyer of spiders -VOT

"Vaarka, I've been thinking about this for a long time now," (pulls out small box made of macaroni) "W-will you be my noodle buddy?" -Kirigaya
SamStevens
Posts: 3,819
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/21/2016 9:02:59 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
Bye
"This is the true horror of religion. It allows perfectly decent and sane people to believe by the billions, what only lunatics could believe on their own." Sam Harris
Life asked Death "Why do people love me but hate you?"
Death responded: "Because you are a beautiful lie, and I am the painful truth."
ESocialBookworm
Posts: 14,368
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/21/2016 9:08:20 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 3/21/2016 8:48:38 PM, DarthKirones wrote:
Isn't this like, the fifth time you've left?
To be precise: It's his (n+1)!th time.

---

On another note, good-bye Joey. Since we all know how addictive the site is, I (am pretty sure you may see this and thus,) wish you the best of luck staying away from DDO, if you think that shall benefit your life. Good luck with school and what-not.

Till you return,
Annie
Solonkr~
I don't care about whether an ideology is "necessary" or not,
I care about how to solve problems,
which is what everyone else should also care about.

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY
MY SHIP SAILEY MUST SAIL"

SCREW THAT SHIZ #BANNIE = BAILEY & ANNIE

P.S. Shipped Sailey before it was cannon bitches.
ESocialBookworm
Posts: 14,368
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/21/2016 9:08:52 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 3/21/2016 9:08:17 PM, Maikuru wrote:
I pray to God there's a reviver in this game.

There is. However, when revived, you turn to scum.
Solonkr~
I don't care about whether an ideology is "necessary" or not,
I care about how to solve problems,
which is what everyone else should also care about.

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY
MY SHIP SAILEY MUST SAIL"

SCREW THAT SHIZ #BANNIE = BAILEY & ANNIE

P.S. Shipped Sailey before it was cannon bitches.
Buddamoose
Posts: 19,450
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/21/2016 9:16:03 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 3/21/2016 9:08:52 PM, ESocialBookworm wrote:
At 3/21/2016 9:08:17 PM, Maikuru wrote:
I pray to God there's a reviver in this game.

There is. However, when revived, you turn to scum.

Goodie that just means more hel- I mean, LYNCH HIM
"Reality is an illusion created due to a lack of alcohol"
-Airmax1227

"You were the moon all this time, and he was always there to make you shine."

"Was he the sun?"

"No honey, he was the darkness"

-Kazekirion
Buddamoose
Posts: 19,450
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/21/2016 9:16:32 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
Seriously though, peace, you will be missed senor
"Reality is an illusion created due to a lack of alcohol"
-Airmax1227

"You were the moon all this time, and he was always there to make you shine."

"Was he the sun?"

"No honey, he was the darkness"

-Kazekirion
ESocialBookworm
Posts: 14,368
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/21/2016 9:21:12 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 3/21/2016 9:16:03 PM, Buddamoose wrote:
At 3/21/2016 9:08:52 PM, ESocialBookworm wrote:
At 3/21/2016 9:08:17 PM, Maikuru wrote:
I pray to God there's a reviver in this game.

There is. However, when revived, you turn to scum.

Goodie that just means more hel- I mean, LYNCH HIM

Trust me, ;) we don't need he- I mean, YES! LYNCH HIM!
Solonkr~
I don't care about whether an ideology is "necessary" or not,
I care about how to solve problems,
which is what everyone else should also care about.

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY
MY SHIP SAILEY MUST SAIL"

SCREW THAT SHIZ #BANNIE = BAILEY & ANNIE

P.S. Shipped Sailey before it was cannon bitches.
Buddamoose
Posts: 19,450
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/21/2016 9:45:26 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 3/21/2016 9:21:12 PM, ESocialBookworm wrote:
At 3/21/2016 9:16:03 PM, Buddamoose wrote:
At 3/21/2016 9:08:52 PM, ESocialBookworm wrote:
At 3/21/2016 9:08:17 PM, Maikuru wrote:
I pray to God there's a reviver in this game.

There is. However, when revived, you turn to scum.

Goodie that just means more hel- I mean, LYNCH HIM

Trust me, ;) we don't need he- I mean, YES! LYNCH HIM!

http://www.relatably.com...
"Reality is an illusion created due to a lack of alcohol"
-Airmax1227

"You were the moon all this time, and he was always there to make you shine."

"Was he the sun?"

"No honey, he was the darkness"

-Kazekirion
ESocialBookworm
Posts: 14,368
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/21/2016 11:19:35 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 3/21/2016 9:45:26 PM, Buddamoose wrote:
At 3/21/2016 9:21:12 PM, ESocialBookworm wrote:
At 3/21/2016 9:16:03 PM, Buddamoose wrote:
At 3/21/2016 9:08:52 PM, ESocialBookworm wrote:
At 3/21/2016 9:08:17 PM, Maikuru wrote:
I pray to God there's a reviver in this game.

There is. However, when revived, you turn to scum.

Goodie that just means more hel- I mean, LYNCH HIM

Trust me, ;) we don't need he- I mean, YES! LYNCH HIM!

http://www.relatably.com...

http://i.imgur.com...
http://mrwgifs.com...
Solonkr~
I don't care about whether an ideology is "necessary" or not,
I care about how to solve problems,
which is what everyone else should also care about.

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY
MY SHIP SAILEY MUST SAIL"

SCREW THAT SHIZ #BANNIE = BAILEY & ANNIE

P.S. Shipped Sailey before it was cannon bitches.
SeventhProfessor
Posts: 5,089
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/22/2016 1:19:32 AM
Posted: 8 months ago
choose a better username when you come back
#UnbanTheMadman

#StandWithBossy

#BetOnThett

"bossy r u like 85 years old and have lost ur mind"
~mysteriouscrystals

"I've honestly never seen seventh post anything that wasn't completely idiotic in a trying-to-be-funny way."
~F-16

https://docs.google.com...
ColeTrain
Posts: 4,320
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/30/2016 2:09:32 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 3/22/2016 1:19:32 AM, SeventhProfessor wrote:
choose a better username when you come back
"The right to 360 noscope noobs shall not be infringed!!!" -- tajshar2k
"So, to start off, I've never committed suicide." -- Vaarka
"I eat glue." -- brontoraptor
"I mean, at this rate, I'd argue for a ham sandwich presidency." -- ResponsiblyIrresponsible
"Overthrow Assad, heil jihad." -- 16kadams when trolling in hangout
"Hillary Clinton is not my favorite person ... and her campaign is as inspiring as a bowl of cottage cheese." -- YYW
inferno
Posts: 10,660
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/30/2016 2:11:40 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 3/21/2016 8:07:52 AM, ResponsiblyIrresponsible wrote:
Disclaimer: I may or may not be sober whilst writing this.

I'm going to try my best to add as much levity to this post as I possible can -- let's start with the fact that the cardinality of the set of all my purported departures is uncountably infinite.

(I know, real-analysis joke... sorry, people who aren't toiling away through proofs upon proofs upon proofs upon bloody proofs.)

The funny story is, my forum mafia game, if ever I actually had the chance to mod a forum game, was going to have a math theme. Initially I was going to give everyone a proof and somehow tie thematic analysis inextricably to finding scum -- i.e., every proof by contradiction was scum, or something -- until I realized... I suck at writing proofs: it would take me HOURS to actually write up a bloody setup that (a) no one would understand (not even the mod) and (b) would likely cause people to drop out faster than a Trump presidency would make SJW's flee the country.

(For the record, I love SJW's -- they're fannnntassssticccccccccccccccccc. Whenever I'm feeling gloomy, listening to one of them makes me realize that I'm much, much more intelligent than I thought I was. Kudos, fellas (and fellos).)

So, why am I leaving? Again? For the n + 1th (factorial) time?

Several reasons, though unlike YYW, I'm not going to type out 24,000 characters explaining why. Now why's that?

Well, I'm with Alan Greenspan on this (Bossy might appreciate this: he loves Alan Greenspan):

"It's a-- a language of purposeful obfuscation to avoid certain questions coming up, which you know you can't answer, and saying-- "I will not answer or basically no comment is, in fact, an answer." So, you end up with when, say, a Congressman asks you a question, and don't wanna say, "No comment," or "I won't answer," or something like that. So, I proceed with four or five sentences which get increasingly obscure. The Congressman thinks I answered the question and goes onto the next one."

I don't agree with Greenspan on much... err... on anything (the guy's a quack!), but this is a great one. You could even say it's a fannnnnnnnntttttasssticcccccccc one. It's truly tremendous, and not in the least bit disassssstrousssssss.

BTW, you know what's disastrous? That YYW guy really thinks HE'S DDO's Trump. Pfffft. Gimme a break. Guy's a total chump. I bet he's into guys, too. That's not to say anything negative about gay people: I get along great with the gays. They're fannnnntassticccc, and they give wonderful massages. When we build the Great Wall of Trump, the gays will totally be let in. The Mexicans and the Muslims? Not so much -- unless they worship me.. that's a different story.

Anyway, let's be serious: I've been a member of this website in various forms for over a year and a half now. Not all of them could be readily likened to rainbows and butterflies. Indeed, I've met some exceptional people. One of them, Rebekah, is now my best friend and practically my little sister. I've said time and again that meeting her made my time on this website worth it, and I stand by that.

But, if given a choice to redo some things... of course I'd redo it. Hell, who's interested in getting into senseless flamewars or creating -- and in some cases perpetuating -- long, drawn-out conflicts, many of which will probably outlive my account? As I've grown increasingly apathetic about DDO, whether it was because of the downward trend in site activity and content (YYW and I are on the same page in many respects in terms of the website's trajectory) or because real life called, this is really my only regret.

So, to anyone with a burning hatred of me, and I'm sure there's a few of you, I suppose you've "won," though probably not in the way you thought. Indeed, if my presence on this website is in some way infuriating to you, you've certainly won in the sense that you won't be seeing me around anymore. I suppose that's a win. But there's another way that I think is far more valuable:

(a) For my part, I apologize and (b) for your part, I forgive you.

It's not really possible to shake hands on the internet, so consider this a virtual handshake:

*handshake*

(No, Maikuru, that isn't a scum tell -- I'm miller, I promise.)

For some of you, I'm sure that's inadequate. And that's fine. I've definitely said and done a lot of things that I regret, and I think I've matured enough over the past few months to own up to that -- perhaps most of that took place over the past year... chaining myself to a cubicle in the library with a stack of math problems, an honors thesis, research opportunities, grad-school apps, etc. can really change a person. (Or, you know, drive him to vote for Donald Trump.......).

That's pretty much all I have to say. I've definitely overspent my welcome here and will have deactivated -- and hopefully won't load this website again, though you all know how "addictive" it can be -- by the time you all have a chance to read this.

Actually, two more things:

(a) I wish I could be around by July to vote in the upcoming election. In the scenario that I was, I would unquestionably cast my ballot for and throw my trust to Imabench. Sorry, Endark: our conversation in the forums reminded me of WHY I was so pro-abolition during the last election cycle! (Another regret I have is that we didn't exactly leave on the best terms: hopefully you know that I like you, think you're a good person, and have no vendetta against you whatsoever -- even though I think you're totally and completely wrong on a whole bunch of stuff ;)).

(b) Some of you who have my e-mail may have noticed recently that it's gone inactive. No, I haven't blocked you. I closed that account down. Without having done that, I'd be too tempted to join hangouts or reactivate my account. I think this is by far the best option for me given the current state of my life, and I hope you all can understand.

Without further ado, I'm out -- again.

Cheers,

Joey

a.k.a. the REAL DDO's Trump, not that YYW guy -- who's a chump, a lightweight, a loser, and a fannnnnnnntasssticcccccc person whom I've grown to like and admire quite a lot, and whom I will miss quite a bit.

Must you be so sensitive about your departure.