Total Posts:39|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Taking a Break

Rosalie
Posts: 4,612
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/24/2016 6:27:45 AM
Posted: 8 months ago
I have been a member on DDO for almost 2 years (counting my Lee001) account. Back then, this site was very enjoyable to be on. I partook in about 120 debates (including this account). It is no secret that the site has turned for the worst. When I made *this* account, I started to partake in the forums more, and made new friends, and may have gotten too involved in the social aspect of this site.

For the past few months, I've dealt with a lot of drama with members, I know I cause a lot of controversy in the forums, but some attacks I have gotten in PM'S were innapropriate, and brought me down to the point of making me an "angry member" and lashing out at people in the forums.

There are people who don't want me on the site, and they have made that very clear, people who I thought were my friends, and people who have a important responsibility on this site (such as being involved in the DDO presidency).

Lies have been spread around about me, I've been told that people who I thought were my friends disliked me very much, and that they found me disgusting. I know it shouldn't bother me, because this is only the internet. But, I love this site, and I love the members too. But, I can't take the bullying, and the lying. Not only was I told that everyone dislikes me, and that I'm disgusting, but I was also told that I shouldn't exist.

Again, you may call this "pathetic", but words do really hurt people, weather you believe it or not.

I feel sorry for some members who's minds are corrupted by other members, and are being brainwashed into thinking that "x" member is evil, and "x" member did this, and did that.

Its especially sad when a influential member talks down on others, and convinces his/her friends to do the same. It's merely favoritism, and it's utterly disgusting.

As some of you may, or may not know, I have depression, due to my childhood. Some of you may or may not know that I attempted suicide about 6 years ago. I thought I was doing great up until a few weeks ago, my depression returned, and things turned for worse, once I figured out my biological father had passed away (which I didn't know because my parents are divorced, and he lives in a different state). I thought that being on DDO more would distract me from reality because I didn't want to face these issues, but that proved me wrong.

The amount of drama on this site is way too much for me to handle, and I shouldn't force myself to stay on this site.

I feel like there is a "Darknet" side to DDO that nobody knows about, as silly as it sounds, it's the truth. There are a few members on this site who seem polite, and someone to look up to, but those members are the most toxic, and because they are influential members, they turn others on you, to force you off the site.

There are some very "power hungry" members who will DO ANYTHING to get their way, and they don't care who they hurt.

You know EXACTLY who you are.

I may, or may not close my account. Some of you have my email, if you don't, feel free to PM me, and I will give it to you. I may log in from now and then to check my messages, but I won't be posting until the upcoming election, I will get back-up-to date with everything, and continue to run with Wylted.

I'm not running away from the drama. It's merely because I'm not emotionally well at this time, and certain DDO members make it worse, and how can you better yourself, when they're constantly there, lying to you, and talking down on you?

Again, feel free to pm me for my email if you wish to stay in contact.

A la Vorte~

-Rosalie
" We need more videos of cat's playing the piano on the internet" - My art professor.

"Criticism is easier to take when you realize that the only people who aren't criticized are those who don't take risks." - Donald Trump

Officially Mrs. 16Kadams 8-30-16
missbailey8
Posts: 1,881
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/24/2016 6:40:08 AM
Posted: 8 months ago
You'll certainly be missed. I'm glad I became your friend in this brief time I've been here. Thank you Rosalie.
~missbailey8~

Me: What is the weirdest thing I have ever done?
Solon: Agreeing to date me.

Skep: Bailey, you have sardonic written all over your face.
Annie: She has gorgeous written all over her face!

"[M]en are weak. All of us are weak."
-Fatihah

If you ever just want someone to vent, rant, or discuss anything troubling you, my PMs are always open. Have a fabulous day!

The Clown Queen of DDO
PetersSmith
Posts: 5,849
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/24/2016 6:40:42 AM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 3/24/2016 6:27:45 AM, Rosalie wrote:
I have been a member on DDO for almost 2 years (counting my Lee001) account. Back then, this site was very enjoyable to be on. I partook in about 120 debates (including this account). It is no secret that the site has turned for the worst. When I made *this* account, I started to partake in the forums more, and made new friends, and may have gotten too involved in the social aspect of this site.

For the past few months, I've dealt with a lot of drama with members, I know I cause a lot of controversy in the forums, but some attacks I have gotten in PM'S were innapropriate, and brought me down to the point of making me an "angry member" and lashing out at people in the forums.

There are people who don't want me on the site, and they have made that very clear, people who I thought were my friends, and people who have a important responsibility on this site (such as being involved in the DDO presidency).

Lies have been spread around about me, I've been told that people who I thought were my friends disliked me very much, and that they found me disgusting. I know it shouldn't bother me, because this is only the internet. But, I love this site, and I love the members too. But, I can't take the bullying, and the lying. Not only was I told that everyone dislikes me, and that I'm disgusting, but I was also told that I shouldn't exist.

Again, you may call this "pathetic", but words do really hurt people, weather you believe it or not.

I feel sorry for some members who's minds are corrupted by other members, and are being brainwashed into thinking that "x" member is evil, and "x" member did this, and did that.

Its especially sad when a influential member talks down on others, and convinces his/her friends to do the same. It's merely favoritism, and it's utterly disgusting.

As some of you may, or may not know, I have depression, due to my childhood. Some of you may or may not know that I attempted suicide about 6 years ago. I thought I was doing great up until a few weeks ago, my depression returned, and things turned for worse, once I figured out my biological father had passed away (which I didn't know because my parents are divorced, and he lives in a different state). I thought that being on DDO more would distract me from reality because I didn't want to face these issues, but that proved me wrong.

The amount of drama on this site is way too much for me to handle, and I shouldn't force myself to stay on this site.

I feel like there is a "Darknet" side to DDO that nobody knows about, as silly as it sounds, it's the truth. There are a few members on this site who seem polite, and someone to look up to, but those members are the most toxic, and because they are influential members, they turn others on you, to force you off the site.

There are some very "power hungry" members who will DO ANYTHING to get their way, and they don't care who they hurt.

You know EXACTLY who you are.

I may, or may not close my account. Some of you have my email, if you don't, feel free to PM me, and I will give it to you. I may log in from now and then to check my messages, but I won't be posting until the upcoming election, I will get back-up-to date with everything, and continue to run with Wylted.

I'm not running away from the drama. It's merely because I'm not emotionally well at this time, and certain DDO members make it worse, and how can you better yourself, when they're constantly there, lying to you, and talking down on you?

Again, feel free to pm me for my email if you wish to stay in contact.

A la Vorte~

-Rosalie

You really shouldn't care about what random people on the internet say about you, called for or uncalled for, especially considering it seems that everyone on this site has their own little issues. However, if this is what you want then I wish you luck on your future travels.
Empress of DDO (also Poll and Forum "Maintenance" Moderator)

"The two most important days in your life is the day you were born, and the day you find out why."
~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet just because there's a picture with a quote next to it."
~Abraham Lincoln

Guide to the Polls Section: http://www.debate.org...
Rosalie
Posts: 4,612
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/24/2016 6:43:45 AM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 3/24/2016 6:40:42 AM, PetersSmith wrote:
At 3/24/2016 6:27:45 AM, Rosalie wrote:
I have been a member on DDO for almost 2 years (counting my Lee001) account. Back then, this site was very enjoyable to be on. I partook in about 120 debates (including this account). It is no secret that the site has turned for the worst. When I made *this* account, I started to partake in the forums more, and made new friends, and may have gotten too involved in the social aspect of this site.

For the past few months, I've dealt with a lot of drama with members, I know I cause a lot of controversy in the forums, but some attacks I have gotten in PM'S were innapropriate, and brought me down to the point of making me an "angry member" and lashing out at people in the forums.

There are people who don't want me on the site, and they have made that very clear, people who I thought were my friends, and people who have a important responsibility on this site (such as being involved in the DDO presidency).

Lies have been spread around about me, I've been told that people who I thought were my friends disliked me very much, and that they found me disgusting. I know it shouldn't bother me, because this is only the internet. But, I love this site, and I love the members too. But, I can't take the bullying, and the lying. Not only was I told that everyone dislikes me, and that I'm disgusting, but I was also told that I shouldn't exist.

Again, you may call this "pathetic", but words do really hurt people, weather you believe it or not.

I feel sorry for some members who's minds are corrupted by other members, and are being brainwashed into thinking that "x" member is evil, and "x" member did this, and did that.

Its especially sad when a influential member talks down on others, and convinces his/her friends to do the same. It's merely favoritism, and it's utterly disgusting.

As some of you may, or may not know, I have depression, due to my childhood. Some of you may or may not know that I attempted suicide about 6 years ago. I thought I was doing great up until a few weeks ago, my depression returned, and things turned for worse, once I figured out my biological father had passed away (which I didn't know because my parents are divorced, and he lives in a different state). I thought that being on DDO more would distract me from reality because I didn't want to face these issues, but that proved me wrong.

The amount of drama on this site is way too much for me to handle, and I shouldn't force myself to stay on this site.

I feel like there is a "Darknet" side to DDO that nobody knows about, as silly as it sounds, it's the truth. There are a few members on this site who seem polite, and someone to look up to, but those members are the most toxic, and because they are influential members, they turn others on you, to force you off the site.

There are some very "power hungry" members who will DO ANYTHING to get their way, and they don't care who they hurt.

You know EXACTLY who you are.

I may, or may not close my account. Some of you have my email, if you don't, feel free to PM me, and I will give it to you. I may log in from now and then to check my messages, but I won't be posting until the upcoming election, I will get back-up-to date with everything, and continue to run with Wylted.

I'm not running away from the drama. It's merely because I'm not emotionally well at this time, and certain DDO members make it worse, and how can you better yourself, when they're constantly there, lying to you, and talking down on you?

Again, feel free to pm me for my email if you wish to stay in contact.

A la Vorte~

-Rosalie

You really shouldn't care about what random people on the internet say about you, called for or uncalled for, especially considering it seems that everyone on this site has their own little issues. However, if this is what you want then I wish you luck on your future travels.

It does matter. Especially when there are members who stick around the site because of the members, and because they have friends on this site. Some members chose to spend more time on ddo, than doing activities inrl, and that is completely fine. It makes them happy. People should respect that, and nt turn it into a "High school social clique" and exclude people, and talk down on them.

Its like the movie Mean Girls.
" We need more videos of cat's playing the piano on the internet" - My art professor.

"Criticism is easier to take when you realize that the only people who aren't criticized are those who don't take risks." - Donald Trump

Officially Mrs. 16Kadams 8-30-16
Rosalie
Posts: 4,612
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/24/2016 6:44:03 AM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 3/24/2016 6:40:08 AM, missbailey8 wrote:
You'll certainly be missed. I'm glad I became your friend in this brief time I've been here. Thank you Rosalie.

Thank you. <3
" We need more videos of cat's playing the piano on the internet" - My art professor.

"Criticism is easier to take when you realize that the only people who aren't criticized are those who don't take risks." - Donald Trump

Officially Mrs. 16Kadams 8-30-16
PetersSmith
Posts: 5,849
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/24/2016 6:45:42 AM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 3/24/2016 6:43:45 AM, Rosalie wrote:
At 3/24/2016 6:40:42 AM, PetersSmith wrote:
At 3/24/2016 6:27:45 AM, Rosalie wrote:
I have been a member on DDO for almost 2 years (counting my Lee001) account. Back then, this site was very enjoyable to be on. I partook in about 120 debates (including this account). It is no secret that the site has turned for the worst. When I made *this* account, I started to partake in the forums more, and made new friends, and may have gotten too involved in the social aspect of this site.

For the past few months, I've dealt with a lot of drama with members, I know I cause a lot of controversy in the forums, but some attacks I have gotten in PM'S were innapropriate, and brought me down to the point of making me an "angry member" and lashing out at people in the forums.

There are people who don't want me on the site, and they have made that very clear, people who I thought were my friends, and people who have a important responsibility on this site (such as being involved in the DDO presidency).

Lies have been spread around about me, I've been told that people who I thought were my friends disliked me very much, and that they found me disgusting. I know it shouldn't bother me, because this is only the internet. But, I love this site, and I love the members too. But, I can't take the bullying, and the lying. Not only was I told that everyone dislikes me, and that I'm disgusting, but I was also told that I shouldn't exist.

Again, you may call this "pathetic", but words do really hurt people, weather you believe it or not.

I feel sorry for some members who's minds are corrupted by other members, and are being brainwashed into thinking that "x" member is evil, and "x" member did this, and did that.

Its especially sad when a influential member talks down on others, and convinces his/her friends to do the same. It's merely favoritism, and it's utterly disgusting.

As some of you may, or may not know, I have depression, due to my childhood. Some of you may or may not know that I attempted suicide about 6 years ago. I thought I was doing great up until a few weeks ago, my depression returned, and things turned for worse, once I figured out my biological father had passed away (which I didn't know because my parents are divorced, and he lives in a different state). I thought that being on DDO more would distract me from reality because I didn't want to face these issues, but that proved me wrong.

The amount of drama on this site is way too much for me to handle, and I shouldn't force myself to stay on this site.

I feel like there is a "Darknet" side to DDO that nobody knows about, as silly as it sounds, it's the truth. There are a few members on this site who seem polite, and someone to look up to, but those members are the most toxic, and because they are influential members, they turn others on you, to force you off the site.

There are some very "power hungry" members who will DO ANYTHING to get their way, and they don't care who they hurt.

You know EXACTLY who you are.

I may, or may not close my account. Some of you have my email, if you don't, feel free to PM me, and I will give it to you. I may log in from now and then to check my messages, but I won't be posting until the upcoming election, I will get back-up-to date with everything, and continue to run with Wylted.

I'm not running away from the drama. It's merely because I'm not emotionally well at this time, and certain DDO members make it worse, and how can you better yourself, when they're constantly there, lying to you, and talking down on you?

Again, feel free to pm me for my email if you wish to stay in contact.

A la Vorte~

-Rosalie

You really shouldn't care about what random people on the internet say about you, called for or uncalled for, especially considering it seems that everyone on this site has their own little issues. However, if this is what you want then I wish you luck on your future travels.

It does matter. Especially when there are members who stick around the site because of the members, and because they have friends on this site. Some members chose to spend more time on ddo, than doing activities inrl, and that is completely fine. It makes them happy. People should respect that, and nt turn it into a "High school social clique" and exclude people, and talk down on them.

Its like the movie Mean Girls.

Then ignore the social cliques that bother you. "Reputation" here honestly wouldn't matter if you're purely here to make friends and such.
Empress of DDO (also Poll and Forum "Maintenance" Moderator)

"The two most important days in your life is the day you were born, and the day you find out why."
~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet just because there's a picture with a quote next to it."
~Abraham Lincoln

Guide to the Polls Section: http://www.debate.org...
Rosalie
Posts: 4,612
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/24/2016 6:48:50 AM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 3/24/2016 6:45:42 AM, PetersSmith wrote:

Then ignore the social cliques that bother you. "Reputation" here honestly wouldn't matter if you're purely here to make friends and such.

*sigh*

Peters, it's the fact that you stay On the site for a certain reason, it's for your friends. Then you learn about them, and the lies they spread about you, you then realize you have no pint of being on here if your only reason to stay was for a few.members whom you cared about.
" We need more videos of cat's playing the piano on the internet" - My art professor.

"Criticism is easier to take when you realize that the only people who aren't criticized are those who don't take risks." - Donald Trump

Officially Mrs. 16Kadams 8-30-16
PetersSmith
Posts: 5,849
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/24/2016 6:51:33 AM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 3/24/2016 6:48:50 AM, Rosalie wrote:
At 3/24/2016 6:45:42 AM, PetersSmith wrote:

Then ignore the social cliques that bother you. "Reputation" here honestly wouldn't matter if you're purely here to make friends and such.

*sigh*

Peters, it's the fact that you stay On the site for a certain reason, it's for your friends. Then you learn about them, and the lies they spread about you, you then realize you have no pint of being on here if your only reason to stay was for a few.members whom you cared about.

I stay on this site because I have an obligation to airmax. And if your "friends" are spreading "lies" about you then you may want to reassess your relationships with them to see if they were actually your friends or not.
Empress of DDO (also Poll and Forum "Maintenance" Moderator)

"The two most important days in your life is the day you were born, and the day you find out why."
~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet just because there's a picture with a quote next to it."
~Abraham Lincoln

Guide to the Polls Section: http://www.debate.org...
Rosalie
Posts: 4,612
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/24/2016 6:53:24 AM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 3/24/2016 6:51:33 AM, PetersSmith wrote:
At 3/24/2016 6:48:50 AM, Rosalie wrote:
At 3/24/2016 6:45:42 AM, PetersSmith wrote:

Then ignore the social cliques that bother you. "Reputation" here honestly wouldn't matter if you're purely here to make friends and such.

*sigh*

Peters, it's the fact that you stay On the site for a certain reason, it's for your friends. Then you learn about them, and the lies they spread about you, you then realize you have no pint of being on here if your only reason to stay was for a few.members whom you cared about.

I stay on this site because I have an obligation to airmax. And if your "friends" are spreading "lies" about you then you may want to reassess your relationships with them to see if they were actually your friends or not.

Exactly. And I stayed because I cared a lot about them, maybe more than I should have. I stayed because some of them have a.lot of their own issues, and they confide in me about their issues. But yes, I have learned who my friends are now, and I see no point of staying.
" We need more videos of cat's playing the piano on the internet" - My art professor.

"Criticism is easier to take when you realize that the only people who aren't criticized are those who don't take risks." - Donald Trump

Officially Mrs. 16Kadams 8-30-16
PetersSmith
Posts: 5,849
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/24/2016 6:54:20 AM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 3/24/2016 6:53:24 AM, Rosalie wrote:
At 3/24/2016 6:51:33 AM, PetersSmith wrote:
At 3/24/2016 6:48:50 AM, Rosalie wrote:
At 3/24/2016 6:45:42 AM, PetersSmith wrote:

Then ignore the social cliques that bother you. "Reputation" here honestly wouldn't matter if you're purely here to make friends and such.

*sigh*

Peters, it's the fact that you stay On the site for a certain reason, it's for your friends. Then you learn about them, and the lies they spread about you, you then realize you have no pint of being on here if your only reason to stay was for a few.members whom you cared about.

I stay on this site because I have an obligation to airmax. And if your "friends" are spreading "lies" about you then you may want to reassess your relationships with them to see if they were actually your friends or not.

Exactly. And I stayed because I cared a lot about them, maybe more than I should have. I stayed because some of them have a.lot of their own issues, and they confide in me about their issues. But yes, I have learned who my friends are now, and I see no point of staying.

Okay, if that's what you want.
Empress of DDO (also Poll and Forum "Maintenance" Moderator)

"The two most important days in your life is the day you were born, and the day you find out why."
~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet just because there's a picture with a quote next to it."
~Abraham Lincoln

Guide to the Polls Section: http://www.debate.org...
Rosalie
Posts: 4,612
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/24/2016 6:56:26 AM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 3/24/2016 6:54:20 AM, PetersSmith wrote:
At 3/24/2016 6:53:24 AM, Rosalie wrote:
At 3/24/2016 6:51:33 AM, PetersSmith wrote:
At 3/24/2016 6:48:50 AM, Rosalie wrote:
At 3/24/2016 6:45:42 AM, PetersSmith wrote:

Then ignore the social cliques that bother you. "Reputation" here honestly wouldn't matter if you're purely here to make friends and such.

*sigh*

Peters, it's the fact that you stay On the site for a certain reason, it's for your friends. Then you learn about them, and the lies they spread about you, you then realize you have no pint of being on here if your only reason to stay was for a few.members whom you cared about.

I stay on this site because I have an obligation to airmax. And if your "friends" are spreading "lies" about you then you may want to reassess your relationships with them to see if they were actually your friends or not.

Exactly. And I stayed because I cared a lot about them, maybe more than I should have. I stayed because some of them have a.lot of their own issues, and they confide in me about their issues. But yes, I have learned who my friends are now, and I see no point of staying.

Okay, if that's what you want.

I'm hoping by the time I come back, I will be more emotionally stable to handle all of this, and I'm sure I will be.
" We need more videos of cat's playing the piano on the internet" - My art professor.

"Criticism is easier to take when you realize that the only people who aren't criticized are those who don't take risks." - Donald Trump

Officially Mrs. 16Kadams 8-30-16
PetersSmith
Posts: 5,849
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/24/2016 6:57:44 AM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 3/24/2016 6:56:26 AM, Rosalie wrote:
At 3/24/2016 6:54:20 AM, PetersSmith wrote:
At 3/24/2016 6:53:24 AM, Rosalie wrote:
At 3/24/2016 6:51:33 AM, PetersSmith wrote:
At 3/24/2016 6:48:50 AM, Rosalie wrote:
At 3/24/2016 6:45:42 AM, PetersSmith wrote:

Then ignore the social cliques that bother you. "Reputation" here honestly wouldn't matter if you're purely here to make friends and such.

*sigh*

Peters, it's the fact that you stay On the site for a certain reason, it's for your friends. Then you learn about them, and the lies they spread about you, you then realize you have no pint of being on here if your only reason to stay was for a few.members whom you cared about.

I stay on this site because I have an obligation to airmax. And if your "friends" are spreading "lies" about you then you may want to reassess your relationships with them to see if they were actually your friends or not.

Exactly. And I stayed because I cared a lot about them, maybe more than I should have. I stayed because some of them have a.lot of their own issues, and they confide in me about their issues. But yes, I have learned who my friends are now, and I see no point of staying.

Okay, if that's what you want.

I'm hoping by the time I come back, I will be more emotionally stable to handle all of this, and I'm sure I will be.

Good luck then. May the gods guide your way.
Empress of DDO (also Poll and Forum "Maintenance" Moderator)

"The two most important days in your life is the day you were born, and the day you find out why."
~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet just because there's a picture with a quote next to it."
~Abraham Lincoln

Guide to the Polls Section: http://www.debate.org...
Rosalie
Posts: 4,612
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/24/2016 7:11:05 AM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 3/24/2016 6:57:44 AM, PetersSmith wrote:
At 3/24/2016 6:56:26 AM, Rosalie wrote:
At 3/24/2016 6:54:20 AM, PetersSmith wrote:
At 3/24/2016 6:53:24 AM, Rosalie wrote:
At 3/24/2016 6:51:33 AM, PetersSmith wrote:
At 3/24/2016 6:48:50 AM, Rosalie wrote:
At 3/24/2016 6:45:42 AM, PetersSmith wrote:

Then ignore the social cliques that bother you. "Reputation" here honestly wouldn't matter if you're purely here to make friends and such.

*sigh*

Peters, it's the fact that you stay On the site for a certain reason, it's for your friends. Then you learn about them, and the lies they spread about you, you then realize you have no pint of being on here if your only reason to stay was for a few.members whom you cared about.

I stay on this site because I have an obligation to airmax. And if your "friends" are spreading "lies" about you then you may want to reassess your relationships with them to see if they were actually your friends or not.

Exactly. And I stayed because I cared a lot about them, maybe more than I should have. I stayed because some of them have a.lot of their own issues, and they confide in me about their issues. But yes, I have learned who my friends are now, and I see no point of staying.

Okay, if that's what you want.

I'm hoping by the time I come back, I will be more emotionally stable to handle all of this, and I'm sure I will be.

Good luck then. May the gods guide your way.

Thank you, Peters.
" We need more videos of cat's playing the piano on the internet" - My art professor.

"Criticism is easier to take when you realize that the only people who aren't criticized are those who don't take risks." - Donald Trump

Officially Mrs. 16Kadams 8-30-16
TheFlex
Posts: 1,745
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/24/2016 10:19:40 AM
Posted: 8 months ago
Sometimes taking a break is exactly what you need. It'll cleanse your mind and let you think a little differently since you're away from something that influences you a lot. I certainly hope you come back though.

Sidenote, I think it's "A la votre" not "A la vorte". I could definitely be wrong though.
Vaarka
Posts: 7,636
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/24/2016 12:02:11 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
I wish you good luck Rose! Sorry to see you go 3:
You're probably thinking right now "haha I'm a genius". Well you're not -Valkrin

inferno: "I don't know, are you attracted to women?"
ButterCatX: "No, Vaarka is mine!"

All hail scum Vaarka, wielder of the bastard sword, smiter of nations, destroyer of spiders -VOT

"Vaarka, I've been thinking about this for a long time now," (pulls out small box made of macaroni) "W-will you be my noodle buddy?" -Kirigaya
BlazingRodent
Posts: 1,044
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/24/2016 12:26:10 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
Well this is goodbye because today I leave the site.

You were a great friend all in all, and I have been severely depressed too. I tried to drown myself various times. Thank goodness it didn't work, only because it hurts.

I also find this site way less enjoyable, and I just don't want to be here anymore. Only reason I am active is because I am doing shout outs, and I will be sure to include you.
Deb-8-A-Bull
Posts: 2,181
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/24/2016 12:40:25 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 3/24/2016 12:26:10 PM, BlazingRodent wrote:
Well this is goodbye because today I leave the site.

You were a great friend all in all, and I have been severely depressed too. I tried to drown myself various times. Thank goodness it didn't work, only because it hurts.

I also find this site way less enjoyable, and I just don't want to be here anymore. Only reason I am active is because I am doing shout outs, and I will be sure to include you.

Don't be like this. Just ask for help, rodent. I'm sure you can do that. Both you guys are real great characters. S hit happens .
Deb-8-A-Bull
Posts: 2,181
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/24/2016 12:41:45 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 3/24/2016 12:40:25 PM, Deb-8-A-Bull wrote:
At 3/24/2016 12:26:10 PM, BlazingRodent wrote:
Well this is goodbye because today I leave the site.

You were a great friend all in all, and I have been severely depressed too. I tried to drown myself various times. Thank goodness it didn't work, only because it hurts.

I also find this site way less enjoyable, and I just don't want to be here anymore. Only reason I am active is because I am doing shout outs, and I will be sure to include you.

Don't be like this. Just ask for help, rodent. I'm sure you can do that. Both you guys are real great characters. S hit happens .

Look at our post numbers.
BlazingRodent
Posts: 1,044
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/24/2016 12:42:25 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 3/24/2016 12:40:25 PM, Deb-8-A-Bull wrote:
At 3/24/2016 12:26:10 PM, BlazingRodent wrote:
Well this is goodbye because today I leave the site.

You were a great friend all in all, and I have been severely depressed too. I tried to drown myself various times. Thank goodness it didn't work, only because it hurts.

I also find this site way less enjoyable, and I just don't want to be here anymore. Only reason I am active is because I am doing shout outs, and I will be sure to include you.

Don't be like this. Just ask for help, rodent. I'm sure you can do that. Both you guys are real great characters. S hit happens .

Dude that was a long time ago when I tried to do drown myself.

This site is boring for me too, not just drama filled.
ColeTrain
Posts: 4,320
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/24/2016 8:25:31 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 3/24/2016 6:27:45 AM, Rosalie wrote:

So, are you stilling running for VP?
Either way, good riddance... wait, did I say that wrong? Haha, jk ;)
Have a nice time away, you'll be missed! :)
"The right to 360 noscope noobs shall not be infringed!!!" -- tajshar2k
"So, to start off, I've never committed suicide." -- Vaarka
"I eat glue." -- brontoraptor
"I mean, at this rate, I'd argue for a ham sandwich presidency." -- ResponsiblyIrresponsible
"Overthrow Assad, heil jihad." -- 16kadams when trolling in hangout
"Hillary Clinton is not my favorite person ... and her campaign is as inspiring as a bowl of cottage cheese." -- YYW
lamerde
Posts: 1,416
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/24/2016 8:31:08 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
I'm sorry for what you're going through and I'm sorry to hear about your dad. Your well-being is more important than DDO but I'm sure you will be missed.
Why I ignore YYW:
http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...
Calling someone a bitch multiple times while claiming you're taking the high road is an art form, I suppose: http://www.debate.org...
lannan13
Posts: 23,095
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/24/2016 8:34:20 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 3/24/2016 6:27:45 AM, Rosalie wrote:

You'll be missed.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
Sapphique
Posts: 4,119
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/24/2016 9:20:18 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 3/24/2016 6:27:45 AM, Rosalie wrote:

Sigh, it seems that a lot of people are leaving now...
I remember when we debated each other--you were still on your Lee account ^.^ Bye, and stay well.
DDO Beginners' Mafia Moderator -- PM me if you'd like to learn how to play mafia!

"We wondered what happiness would look like if we could give it a physical form...the shape of happiness might resemble glass...even though you don't usually notice it, it's still definitely there. You merely have to change your point of view slightly, and then that glass will sparkle when it reflects the light. I doubt that anything else could argue its own existence more eloquently." ~Lelouch
Hayd
Posts: 4,022
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/24/2016 10:15:01 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 3/24/2016 6:27:45 AM, Rosalie wrote:
I have been a member on DDO for almost 2 years (counting my Lee001) account. Back then, this site was very enjoyable to be on. I partook in about 120 debates (including this account). It is no secret that the site has turned for the worst. When I made *this* account, I started to partake in the forums more, and made new friends, and may have gotten too involved in the social aspect of this site.

For the past few months, I've dealt with a lot of drama with members, I know I cause a lot of controversy in the forums, but some attacks I have gotten in PM'S were innapropriate, and brought me down to the point of making me an "angry member" and lashing out at people in the forums.

There are people who don't want me on the site, and they have made that very clear, people who I thought were my friends, and people who have a important responsibility on this site (such as being involved in the DDO presidency).

Lies have been spread around about me, I've been told that people who I thought were my friends disliked me very much, and that they found me disgusting. I know it shouldn't bother me, because this is only the internet. But, I love this site, and I love the members too. But, I can't take the bullying, and the lying. Not only was I told that everyone dislikes me, and that I'm disgusting, but I was also told that I shouldn't exist.

Again, you may call this "pathetic", but words do really hurt people, weather you believe it or not.

I feel sorry for some members who's minds are corrupted by other members, and are being brainwashed into thinking that "x" member is evil, and "x" member did this, and did that.

Its especially sad when a influential member talks down on others, and convinces his/her friends to do the same. It's merely favoritism, and it's utterly disgusting.

As some of you may, or may not know, I have depression, due to my childhood. Some of you may or may not know that I attempted suicide about 6 years ago. I thought I was doing great up until a few weeks ago, my depression returned, and things turned for worse, once I figured out my biological father had passed away (which I didn't know because my parents are divorced, and he lives in a different state). I thought that being on DDO more would distract me from reality because I didn't want to face these issues, but that proved me wrong.

The amount of drama on this site is way too much for me to handle, and I shouldn't force myself to stay on this site.

I feel like there is a "Darknet" side to DDO that nobody knows about, as silly as it sounds, it's the truth. There are a few members on this site who seem polite, and someone to look up to, but those members are the most toxic, and because they are influential members, they turn others on you, to force you off the site.

There are some very "power hungry" members who will DO ANYTHING to get their way, and they don't care who they hurt.

You know EXACTLY who you are.

I may, or may not close my account. Some of you have my email, if you don't, feel free to PM me, and I will give it to you. I may log in from now and then to check my messages, but I won't be posting until the upcoming election, I will get back-up-to date with everything, and continue to run with Wylted.

I'm not running away from the drama. It's merely because I'm not emotionally well at this time, and certain DDO members make it worse, and how can you better yourself, when they're constantly there, lying to you, and talking down on you?

Again, feel free to pm me for my email if you wish to stay in contact.

A la Vorte~

-Rosalie

100 <3 my love
imabench
Posts: 21,229
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/25/2016 2:13:14 AM
Posted: 8 months ago
I got a link directly to this thread in a PM and after reading it, this appears to be a call-out thread to someone who is currently running for president or is someone who is involved in it...... Right now those people are (were) Me, DonaldKeller, TUF, Bsh, and Wylted......

Both Bsh and Wylted were on the same ticket as Rosalie making me think its not either of them.......

This leaves DK, TUF, and Me, and since TUF and DK have spotless records, that leaves me.

So forgive me for believing that this is a thread aimed at me specifically, since by process of elimination, I dont see how it can be about anyone else currently involved in the race, unless someone else has a dark side I dont know about.

At 3/24/2016 6:27:45 AM, Rosalie wrote:

There are people who don't want me on the site, and they have made that very clear, people who I thought were my friends, and people who have an important responsibility on this site (such as being involved in the DDO presidency).

Ive never said nor implied nor did anything else to convey any form of the idea that 'you shouldnt be on this site'. I can name at least 20 other people I would prefer not be on this site before your name even gets considered, and even then, youre not someone I think shouldnt be on this site.

Not only was I told that everyone dislikes me, and that I'm disgusting, but I was also told that I shouldn't exist.

None of those things coming from me.....

Its especially sad when a influential member talks down on others, and convinces his/her friends to do the same. It's merely favoritism, and it's utterly disgusting.

Ive had very few communications public or private with anyone on this site ever since I began to run for the presidency, so I certainly havent been 'convincing' my friends to talk down on anybody at all, let alone you specifically.

There are some very "power hungry" members who will DO ANYTHING to get their way, and they don't care who they hurt.

You know EXACTLY who you are.

For f*cks sake Rosalie, Ive done literally nothing to you except respond to accusations you make against me in the first place..... Youve accused me of starting a riot, riling people up, youve invented entire conspiracies that im only running for president because of what happened when Mikal was president, you claimed people only support me cause Wylted was dumb enough to try to have two VP's, and youve even resorted to altering my own responses to you just to try to undermine me.......

You even shat on the DDO Movie only getting a sticky in the Personal forum after I announced it, a project i worked harder on than anything else for this site or even real life..... If this is really aimed at me like I suspect it is, then youre completely overdramatizing our interactions over the past 3 days. If this is aimed at someone else, then name some names
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"
Geogeer: "Nobody is dumb enough to become my protege."

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
imabench
Posts: 21,229
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/25/2016 2:24:29 AM
Posted: 8 months ago
Again..... This is assuming someone else involved in the race doesnt have a hell of a dark side to them that I evidently dont know about
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"
Geogeer: "Nobody is dumb enough to become my protege."

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
PetersSmith
Posts: 5,849
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/25/2016 2:34:45 AM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 3/25/2016 2:24:29 AM, imabench wrote:
Again..... This is assuming someone else involved in the race doesnt have a hell of a dark side to them that I evidently dont know about

I really don't think this is about you.
Empress of DDO (also Poll and Forum "Maintenance" Moderator)

"The two most important days in your life is the day you were born, and the day you find out why."
~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet just because there's a picture with a quote next to it."
~Abraham Lincoln

Guide to the Polls Section: http://www.debate.org...
imabench
Posts: 21,229
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/25/2016 2:48:30 AM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 3/25/2016 2:34:45 AM, PetersSmith wrote:
At 3/25/2016 2:24:29 AM, imabench wrote:
Again..... This is assuming someone else involved in the race doesnt have a hell of a dark side to them that I evidently dont know about

I really don't think this is about you.

Who else could it be aimed at? I certainly dont know anyone else running for President that Rosalie has butted heads with so to speak
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"
Geogeer: "Nobody is dumb enough to become my protege."

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
PetersSmith
Posts: 5,849
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/25/2016 2:49:58 AM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 3/25/2016 2:48:30 AM, imabench wrote:
At 3/25/2016 2:34:45 AM, PetersSmith wrote:
At 3/25/2016 2:24:29 AM, imabench wrote:
Again..... This is assuming someone else involved in the race doesnt have a hell of a dark side to them that I evidently dont know about

I really don't think this is about you.

Who else could it be aimed at? I certainly dont know anyone else running for President that Rosalie has butted heads with so to speak

I don't think it's about anyone running for president, or even one individual. You yourself pointed out all the "errors" in what she said if it was directed towards you. I think she's talking about her interpersonal relationships and certain things that happened with them that are now really getting to her.
Empress of DDO (also Poll and Forum "Maintenance" Moderator)

"The two most important days in your life is the day you were born, and the day you find out why."
~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet just because there's a picture with a quote next to it."
~Abraham Lincoln

Guide to the Polls Section: http://www.debate.org...