Jump to topic:

Myers-Briggs Love Type

RyuuKyuzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/1/2016 12:11:51 AM
Posted: 8 months ago
This is pretty neat. Does it match the kind of lover you think you are?

http://thoughtcatalog.com...
If you're reading this, you're awesome and you should feel awesome.
RyuuKyuzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/1/2016 12:14:02 AM
For my fellow ENTJs;

"ENTJs displayed a strong preference for quality time as their primary love language. They also recorded moderate scores on physical touch, words of affirmation and acts of service.

As Te-dominant types, ENTJs are efficient to a fault. If they"re setting aside time specifically to spend with you, it means you matter to them " no questions asked. This type may not be quick to express their love but that doesn"t mean it"s absent " on the contrary, ENTJs are often undyingly loyal to those they decide to let into their inner circle.

To show love to an ENTJ, set time aside to spend with them one-on-one. Learn about what matters most to them in life and don"t shy away from participating in their favourite activities if they invite you along " this is their way of welcoming you into their world. When it comes to affection, ENTJs tend to appreciate physical touch, so don"t be afraid to initiate hugs or other forms of contact with them! This type is cuddlier than they initially let on. Last but not least, a moderate amount of ENTJs report words of affirmation or acts of service as their love language of choice " so make sure you are verbally expressing your love for them or running little errands for them from time to time " you never know what exactly "love" looks like to your particular ENTJ!

To receive love from an ENTJ, notice the ways in which they"re rearranging their schedule in order to spend time around you. They may not be quick to express their love overtly but they"ll do so by inviting you into their lives and sharing their interests with you. Also, be open to receiving physical affection from your ENTJ as you grow closer " they use touch as a method of expressing their love and appreciation for you!"

This seems pretty accurate for me. I know my biggest pet-peeve in life is when I make plans with someone and they cancel on me last minute. I'm sure that annoys pretty much everyone, but it's definitely my #1 trigger. Very little else will make me as murderously enraged.
bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/1/2016 12:15:46 AM
I disagree with the analysis I got. I usually rank as an INTP or INTJ.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
RyuuKyuzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/1/2016 12:18:36 AM
At 4/1/2016 12:15:46 AM, bsh1 wrote:

What part of it do you disagree with?
bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/1/2016 12:21:41 AM
At 4/1/2016 12:18:36 AM, RyuuKyuzo wrote:

I prefer to express affection and love physically (cuddling, kissing, hand-holding, PDA) and I like to say directly and to hear it back. Someone who doesn't say "I love you," is not someone I'd be happy with. I do not primarily show affection by rearranging priorities or other such indirect methods.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

Follow the DDOlympics

RyuuKyuzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/1/2016 12:23:32 AM
At 4/1/2016 12:21:41 AM, bsh1 wrote:

I prefer to express affection and love physically (cuddling, kissing, hand-holding, PDA) and I like to say directly and to hear it back. Someone who doesn't say "I love you," is not someone I'd be happy with. I do not primarily show affection by rearranging priorities or other such indirect methods.

Hmm. Maybe you're not the type you thought you were? I know a number of the online tests aren't all that accurate.

I mean, Myers-Briggs typology in general isn't super scientific, but still it seems to add up for me more often than not. Maybe that's just a coincidence.
bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/1/2016 12:25:24 AM
At 4/1/2016 12:23:32 AM, RyuuKyuzo wrote:

Hmm. Maybe you're not the type you thought you were? I know a number of the online tests aren't all that accurate.

The thing is, I have taken so many tests that put me as either of those that I find it hard to disagree. Maybe I've changed since taking them, or maybe I am different in a romantic setting that a non-romantic setting. IDK...
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

Follow the DDOlympics

RyuuKyuzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/1/2016 12:30:02 AM
At 4/1/2016 12:25:24 AM, bsh1 wrote:

The thing is, I have taken so many tests that put me as either of those that I find it hard to disagree. Maybe I've changed since taking them, or maybe I am different in a romantic setting that a non-romantic setting. IDK...

You may have changed. I know as a teenager I was firmly in the INTJ camp, then at 19 a switch went off in my head and I shifted to ENTJ. Still mostly the same, but it is possible to change under certain circumstances.
bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/1/2016 12:30:37 AM
At 4/1/2016 12:30:02 AM, RyuuKyuzo wrote:

You may have changed. I know as a teenager I was firmly in the INTJ camp, then at 19 a switch went off in my head and I shifted to ENTJ. Still mostly the same, but it is possible to change under certain circumstances.

I'll have to take some new tests and see.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

Follow the DDOlympics

ShabShoral
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/1/2016 8:10:06 AM

Have you looked into the theory behind the functions?
"This site is trash as a debate site. It's club penguin for dysfunctional adults."

~ Skepsikyma <3

"Your idea of good writing is like Spinoza mixed with Heidegger."

~ Dylly Dylly Cat Cat

"You seem to aspire to be a cross between a Jewish hipster, an old school WASP aristocrat, and a political iconoclast"

~ Thett the Mighty
Hayd
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/1/2016 1:15:23 PM

That's what your conscious mind thinks, but you unconscious mind actually has a repressed desire to that is kept hidden away because it does not conform to social standards, part of it is sublimated, through random behaviors, of which the test has picked up on. The test is right mate. I know so because I read a book on it called psychology of the unconscious
TheFlex
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/1/2016 2:29:25 PM
At 4/1/2016 12:14:02 AM, RyuuKyuzo wrote:
For my fellow ENTJs;

"ENTJs displayed a strong preference for quality time as their primary love language. They also recorded moderate scores on physical touch, words of affirmation and acts of service.

As Te-dominant types, ENTJs are efficient to a fault. If they"re setting aside time specifically to spend with you, it means you matter to them " no questions asked. This type may not be quick to express their love but that doesn"t mean it"s absent " on the contrary, ENTJs are often undyingly loyal to those they decide to let into their inner circle.

To show love to an ENTJ, set time aside to spend with them one-on-one. Learn about what matters most to them in life and don"t shy away from participating in their favourite activities if they invite you along " this is their way of welcoming you into their world. When it comes to affection, ENTJs tend to appreciate physical touch, so don"t be afraid to initiate hugs or other forms of contact with them! This type is cuddlier than they initially let on. Last but not least, a moderate amount of ENTJs report words of affirmation or acts of service as their love language of choice " so make sure you are verbally expressing your love for them or running little errands for them from time to time " you never know what exactly "love" looks like to your particular ENTJ!

To receive love from an ENTJ, notice the ways in which they"re rearranging their schedule in order to spend time around you. They may not be quick to express their love overtly but they"ll do so by inviting you into their lives and sharing their interests with you. Also, be open to receiving physical affection from your ENTJ as you grow closer " they use touch as a method of expressing their love and appreciation for you!"

This seems pretty accurate for me. I know my biggest pet-peeve in life is when I make plans with someone and they cancel on me last minute. I'm sure that annoys pretty much everyone, but it's definitely my #1 trigger. Very little else will make me as murderously enraged.

Fellow ENTJ here. This sounds all very accurate.
Buddamoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/1/2016 6:11:14 PM
*looks at result*

"savage in the bedroom"

indeed
"Reality is an illusion created due to a lack of alcohol"
-Airmax1227

"You were the moon all this time, and he was always there to make you shine."

"Was he the sun?"

"No honey, he was the darkness"

-Kazekirion
Blade-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/1/2016 6:39:43 PM
At 4/1/2016 12:11:51 AM, RyuuKyuzo wrote:

I recently re-took the myers-briggs personality test, received the same results I've gotten the last few times I've taken it: INTJ

With that said, the love-language it gave for my type wasn't fully accurate. It was right in regards to me valuing quality time and acts of service. However, I fully enjoy initiating physical aspects and am, if anything, overly-expressive of my love for someone (when I do actually love them). I write poetry, hold my arm out for her, kiss her on whims, etc., so I disagree with that whole aspect of the article. Everything else was pretty spot on though, such as a craving for deep intellectual stimulation.

We all have our own personal tastes when it comes to love though, and while it's easy to recognize common love-patterns amongst those with similar personalities, I also believe love is one of the most transmutable emotions being shaped by a wide variety of influences, all of which have their own understanding of what "love" is.
Debate.org Deputy Vote Moderator
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
DDO Voting Guide: http://www.debate.org...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Need a judge on your debate? Nominate me! http://www.debate.org...
Objectivity
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2016 3:05:47 PM
At 4/1/2016 12:11:51 AM, RyuuKyuzo wrote:

ENTP is pretty accurate, except I would also include that I need someone who challenges me and engages me intellectually or I will get bored very quickly.