Jump to topic:

Is it ok to think i am an idiot?

TheFlex
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/1/2016 2:21:12 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
It depends on how you want to look at it. There's nothing wrong with being humble, or showing humility. It you're not knowledgeable on something just say, "I don't know anything about this subject." Or something similar. Know your limits and accept them.
The-Holy-Macrel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/1/2016 2:52:53 PM
At 4/1/2016 2:21:12 PM, TheFlex wrote:
It depends on how you want to look at it. There's nothing wrong with being humble, or showing humility. It you're not knowledgeable on something just say, "I don't know anything about this subject." Or something similar. Know your limits and accept them.

More as in i dislike myself doing stupid
things so i hate myself and love everyone
else because i am christian.
XD
foxxhajti
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/1/2016 2:56:12 PM
At 4/1/2016 1:30:24 PM, The-Holy-Macrel wrote:
Is it?

No. Research suggests that putting yourself down has a negative impact on your well-being, will demotivate you and cause you to think yourself of not any better than that. The repeated thought processes that will eventually wear you down and make you really believe that.

Also, this is the full definition of idiot:
1 usually offensive : a person affected with extreme mental retardation
2 a foolish or stupid person
http://www.merriam-webster.com...
Why would you want to call yourself such words?
"It's interesting to observe that almost all truly worthy men have simple manners, and that simple manners are almost always taken as a sign of little worth" - Giacomo Leopardi

"It is more honorable to be raised to a throne than to be born to one. Fortune bestows the one, merit obtains the other." - Francesco Petrarca

"You too must not count too much on your reality as you feel it today, since like yesterday, it may prove an illusion for you tomorrow." - Luigi Pirandello
foxxhajti
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/1/2016 2:57:29 PM
At 4/1/2016 2:52:53 PM, The-Holy-Macrel wrote:

XD
If you love everyone else, why would you hate yourself? You have done no wrong to others.
"It's interesting to observe that almost all truly worthy men have simple manners, and that simple manners are almost always taken as a sign of little worth" - Giacomo Leopardi

"It is more honorable to be raised to a throne than to be born to one. Fortune bestows the one, merit obtains the other." - Francesco Petrarca

"You too must not count too much on your reality as you feel it today, since like yesterday, it may prove an illusion for you tomorrow." - Luigi Pirandello
TheFlex
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/1/2016 2:58:47 PM

XD

Probably just a phase. I'm thinking you've done something stupid recently and it's weighing on you more-so then other stupid things you've done before (we all do stupid things, I'm not trying to sound callous).

There's a couple of things you could do to help remedy this. Think of your actions and words before you say/do them, first. This is also the most important part. For instance, think about the consequences (good or bad) and if it's worth it. "Is the juice worth the squeeze?"

Second, whatever thing it is you've done try to rectify it. Whether it's apologizing, fixing something you broke, etc. It clears the conscious and makes you feel better afterwards.
The-Holy-Macrel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/1/2016 3:01:04 PM
At 4/1/2016 2:56:12 PM, foxxhajti wrote:
Is it?

No. Research suggests that putting yourself down has a negative impact on your well-being, will demotivate you and cause you to think yourself of not any better than that. The repeated thought processes that will eventually wear you down and make you really believe that.

I think it what others think of me in real life.
foxxhajti
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/1/2016 3:06:36 PM
At 4/1/2016 3:01:04 PM, The-Holy-Macrel wrote:
At 4/1/2016 2:56:12 PM, foxxhajti wrote:
Is it?

I think it what others think of me in real life.

How can you be sure what others think? You can't read minds, therefore you're just basing that on assumptions. Assumptions are not accurate at all.

foxxhajti
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/1/2016 3:08:36 PM

XD

Also, everyone messes up once in a while, nobody's perfect.

The-Holy-Macrel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/1/2016 3:15:14 PM
I can't make friends at my school.

I haven't had an actual friend besides who i live with for 4 years.
(that i talk to and hang out with in person)
TheFlex
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/1/2016 3:19:22 PM
At 4/1/2016 3:15:14 PM, The-Holy-Macrel wrote:

Probe people to find out common interests. This is the easiest place to start and build rapport on. "You play video games?", "What movies do you watch?", "You enjoy comics or superheroes?" - These are the ones I've had the most success with to find some kind of common ground. I have interests in all of these and can build discussions off them. The hardest part of a conversation, or build rapport, is starting it. Once you start it, it's smooth sailing.
The-Holy-Macrel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/1/2016 3:27:31 PM
At 4/1/2016 3:19:22 PM, TheFlex wrote:

Probe people to find out common interests. This is the easiest place to start and build rapport on. "You play video games?", "What movies do you watch?", "You enjoy comics or superheroes?" - These are the ones I've had the most success with to find some kind of common ground. I have interests in all of these and can build discussions off them. The hardest part of a conversation, or build rapport, is starting it. Once you start it, it's smooth sailing.

I am unsociable.

I can't relate to others and
am convinced i think in a completely
different method than others.

Even the people who come the closest still
don't like talking to me.
Vaarka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/1/2016 4:26:19 PM
I call myself an idiot all the time, and sometimes think it, but in the back of my mind I think I really know that I'm just saying that and it's not true
You're probably thinking right now "haha I'm a genius". Well you're not -Valkrin

inferno: "I don't know, are you attracted to women?"
ButterCatX: "No, Vaarka is mine!"

All hail scum Vaarka, wielder of the bastard sword, smiter of nations, destroyer of spiders -VOT

"Vaarka, I've been thinking about this for a long time now," (pulls out small box made of macaroni) "W-will you be my noodle buddy?" -Kirigaya
The-Holy-Macrel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2016 5:50:25 AM
At 4/1/2016 3:19:22 PM, TheFlex wrote:

Probe them?

And what is rapport?
coal
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2016 7:09:50 AM
Is it?

This life, which had been the tomb of his virtue and of his honour, is but a walking shadow; a poor player, that struts and frets his hour upon the stage, and then is heard no more; it is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.

-Shakespeare
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2016 4:08:26 PM
Is it?

Yes, people can think whatever they want. It really doesn't matter what people think since a great deal of this is subjective. The only thing you can do about it is to improve what you do. Do what you can to learn and prove them they're wrong.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
Quadrunner
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2016 11:56:43 PM
Is it?

Of course it is. Everyone thinks like that from time to time. Sometimes you make mistakes, and lots of them, but that's just being human. As long as you aren't beating yourself up to bad and constantly calling yourself an idiot it's good to be honest with yourself, acknowledge the stupid, and improve.

It doesn't hurt to know your limitations either, as long as that doesn't stop you from achieving what you want in life. I'm no rocket scientist, but I still achieve whatever I set out to do eventually. I realize I might have to do things differently then boy genius who can take the direct route, but I can still do anything he can, just a little slower, so I know I need to account for that.

Same could be said physically. If you acknowledge that you aren't Brutus the warrior and you need to move a refrigerator you can realize that.

A) You need to work out
B) You can use other things to compensate like tools, your brain, your social skills etc...
Wisdom is found where the wise seek it.
The-Holy-Macrel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/3/2016 5:03:20 AM
At 4/2/2016 11:56:43 PM, Quadrunner wrote:
Is it?

Of course it is. Everyone thinks like that from time to time. Sometimes you make mistakes, and lots of them, but that's just being human. As long as you aren't beating yourself up to bad and constantly calling yourself an idiot it's good to be honest with yourself, acknowledge the stupid, and improve.

It doesn't hurt to know your limitations either, as long as that doesn't stop you from achieving what you want in life. I'm no rocket scientist, but I still achieve whatever I set out to do eventually. I realize I might have to do things differently then boy genius who can take the direct route, but I can still do anything he can, just a little slower, so I know I need to account for that.

Same could be said physically. If you acknowledge that you aren't Brutus the warrior and you need to move a refrigerator you can realize that.

A) You need to work out
B) You can use other things to compensate like tools, your brain, your social skills etc...

I have very low interpersonal intelligence
and i have done many stupid things.

I need someone to talk to about my problems.
Quadrunner
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/3/2016 12:52:01 PM
At 4/3/2016 5:03:20 AM, The-Holy-Macrel wrote:
Is it?

A) You need to work out

How old are you?
Wisdom is found where the wise seek it.
The-Holy-Macrel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/3/2016 6:52:43 PM
At 4/3/2016 12:52:01 PM, Quadrunner wrote:
At 4/3/2016 5:03:20 AM, The-Holy-Macrel wrote:
Is it?

A) You need to work out

How old are you?

ivanschneider1985
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/2/2016 3:07:45 PM
Posted: 2 months ago
Technically, it does matter what people think. You would lower your standards if you were to stop caring what others thought of you.
Axonly
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/3/2016 11:17:02 PM
Is it?

You're not an idiot though.
Meh!
Perussi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/4/2016 12:09:14 PM
At 10/3/2016 11:17:02 PM, Axonly wrote:
Is it?

He is a complete idiot. (he's me)
Forum Record: 6/0

Funny Quotes:

"i worship satan and allahu akbar and hispanic muslims i am an illigal immigrant"
-communist_snake-

"What fuking dates are you talking about child. the and ridiculous and stay out of mummies drugs, you're fuked."
-I'll keep this anonymous...-

"fuk off bog, no one even reads your crap, what price is you hooker now?"
-same dude as above....-
Axonly
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/5/2016 3:52:35 AM
At 10/4/2016 12:09:14 PM, Perussi wrote:
Is it?

You're not though
Meh!
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/5/2016 6:52:04 AM
Is it?

Meaning that you yourself think that you're an idiot or other people thinking you're an idiot.

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

Perussi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/5/2016 11:23:59 AM
At 10/5/2016 3:52:35 AM, Axonly wrote:
At 10/4/2016 12:09:14 PM, Perussi wrote:
Is it?

You're not though

You don't know some of the utter stupidity that has gone on. And i don't want to revive this old thread, i just thought it would be funny to call someone an idiot in an ethical way. Since he doesn't care it doesn't matter.

Funny Quotes:

"i worship satan and allahu akbar and hispanic muslims i am an illigal immigrant"
-communist_snake-

"What fuking dates are you talking about child. the and ridiculous and stay out of mummies drugs, you're fuked."

-same dude as above....-
Perussi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/5/2016 11:24:17 AM
At 10/5/2016 6:52:04 AM, lannan13 wrote:
Is it?

Meaning that you yourself think that you're an idiot or other people thinking you're an idiot.

Yes.

Funny Quotes:

-communist_snake-

-same dude as above....-
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/5/2016 1:50:51 PM
At 10/5/2016 11:24:17 AM, Perussi wrote:
At 10/5/2016 6:52:04 AM, lannan13 wrote:
Is it?

Yes.

Which one?