Jump to topic:

New ideas

WhineyMagiciann5
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2016 1:06:51 AM
Posted: 8 months ago
I'm hoping to become an author as one of my professions when i get out of college. I already have to novels in the works, on being a sci-fi and another being a fantasy.

I'm posting this because i want to get some ideas for what else i could write in the future! Any ideas ranging from basic plot or even just characters can help! I await to hear everyones ideas!
SamStevens
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2016 1:10:44 AM
At 4/6/2016 1:06:51 AM, WhineyMagiciann5 wrote:
I'm hoping to become an author as one of my professions when i get out of college. I already have to novels in the works, on being a sci-fi and another being a fantasy.

I'm posting this because i want to get some ideas for what else i could write in the future! Any ideas ranging from basic plot or even just characters can help! I await to hear everyones ideas!

Although I lack ideas, I do wish you luck on your future ambitions!
"This is the true horror of religion. It allows perfectly decent and sane people to believe by the billions, what only lunatics could believe on their own." Sam Harris
Life asked Death "Why do people love me but hate you?"
Death responded: "Because you are a beautiful lie, and I am the painful truth."
ShabShoral
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2016 1:11:37 AM

Write a novel about railroads and industrialists.
"This site is trash as a debate site. It's club penguin for dysfunctional adults."

~ Skepsikyma <3

"Your idea of good writing is like Spinoza mixed with Heidegger."

~ Dylly Dylly Cat Cat

"You seem to aspire to be a cross between a Jewish hipster, an old school WASP aristocrat, and a political iconoclast"

~ Thett the Mighty
PetersSmith
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2016 1:17:46 AM

A novel where a civilization is ruled by technological superiority and a Machine-God, but magic is banned and "fantasy" creatures and magic users are oppressed and hunted.
Empress of DDO (also Poll and Forum "Maintenance" Moderator)

"The two most important days in your life is the day you were born, and the day you find out why."
~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet just because there's a picture with a quote next to it."
~Abraham Lincoln

Guide to the Polls Section: http://www.debate.org...
WhineyMagiciann5
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2016 1:25:04 AM
At 4/6/2016 1:10:44 AM, SamStevens wrote:

Although I lack ideas, I do wish you luck on your future ambitions!

Thank you very much!!!
WhineyMagiciann5
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2016 1:26:25 AM
At 4/6/2016 1:11:37 AM, ShabShoral wrote:

Nothing like that came to mind in all honesty. The idea sounds like it would be a fun thing to do! It would also seem fun to research the topic!
WhineyMagiciann5
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2016 1:27:52 AM
At 4/6/2016 1:17:46 AM, PetersSmith wrote:

A novel where a civilization is ruled by technological superiority and a Machine-God, but magic is banned and "fantasy" creatures and magic users are oppressed and hunted.

Definitely an interesting concept! The one i'm focusing on though is the fantasy at the moment. I'll definitely hold onto that idea for some later date!
Vaarka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2016 1:43:13 AM

Write about a person who wakes up to find he/she's the only person...at all...everyone is gone. Animals and crap are still there, but he/she's the only human. The story is about them trying to find out what happened.

Plot other than that? HAHAHAHAHHAHHHAHAHA That's for you to decide, because I've got nothing XD

Also, if you ever need a proofreader for any of these stories, I'll be happy to help :3 (by chapter of course. If you give me an entire 300+ page novel all at once...I will promptly read it and point out the obvious, skipping over the tiny stuff and probably forgetting about it)
You're probably thinking right now "haha I'm a genius". Well you're not -Valkrin

inferno: "I don't know, are you attracted to women?"
ButterCatX: "No, Vaarka is mine!"

All hail scum Vaarka, wielder of the bastard sword, smiter of nations, destroyer of spiders -VOT

"Vaarka, I've been thinking about this for a long time now," (pulls out small box made of macaroni) "W-will you be my noodle buddy?" -Kirigaya
WhineyMagiciann5
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2016 1:55:58 AM
At 4/6/2016 1:43:13 AM, Vaarka wrote:

Write about a person who wakes up to find he/she's the only person...at all...everyone is gone. Animals and crap are still there, but he/she's the only human. The story is about them trying to find out what happened.

Plot other than that? HAHAHAHAHHAHHHAHAHA That's for you to decide, because I've got nothing XD

Also, if you ever need a proofreader for any of these stories, I'll be happy to help :3 (by chapter of course. If you give me an entire 300+ page novel all at once...I will promptly read it and point out the obvious, skipping over the tiny stuff and probably forgetting about it)

Cool concept! Would have lack of characters though. Personally i thibk the charactera are the most important part of the story. I will tinker with the ideas though!

Nice to know your willing to proof read! The only pain would be that i handwrite my work.
Vaarka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2016 1:57:04 AM
At 4/6/2016 1:55:58 AM, WhineyMagiciann5 wrote:

Cool concept! Would have lack of characters though. Personally i thibk the charactera are the most important part of the story. I will tinker with the ideas though!

Nice to know your willing to proof read! The only pain would be that i handwrite my work.

Try typing it. Less likely to lose it, especially if it's saved to a google doc or a draft of some kind.
Or you could send me pictures XD
You're probably thinking right now "haha I'm a genius". Well you're not -Valkrin

All hail scum Vaarka, wielder of the bastard sword, smiter of nations, destroyer of spiders -VOT

"Vaarka, I've been thinking about this for a long time now," (pulls out small box made of macaroni) "W-will you be my noodle buddy?" -Kirigaya
Vaarka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2016 1:58:40 AM

Also, the characters are important, but you've got one right there: the main character. You've also got any animal companions they may have (dog maybe? whatever). You can try a 1st person view of it. I think that'd flow well.

WhineyMagiciann5
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2016 2:21:03 AM
At 4/6/2016 1:58:40 AM, Vaarka wrote:

Also, the characters are important, but you've got one right there: the main character. You've also got any animal companions they may have (dog maybe? whatever). You can try a 1st person view of it. I think that'd flow well.

First one you adressed. I mainly hand write as i find more comfortable. I type it after i get it but all the ones i have typed have been proofed as it is easier for edits. Next chapters i get done will be going to you too now!

On characters. I just really love making character personalities, backgrounds and interactions! I'm sure it would work. It would be something entirely new for me though.

I also need help think of a title for my fantasy story. I could give you the history of the world it takes place in and we could brain storm.
PetersSmith
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2016 2:30:06 AM

A knight is sentenced to death for having sex with a king's wife. Before his execution, the wife saves him. She gives him a list of monsters to kill that could possibly make him a "hero" and redeem himself of his "sin". He goes on a journey and [fill in blanks] happen. When he's fairly older, he faces the last monster. Before death, the monster explains that the queen was actually a witch, and every monster he's killed were fragments of her, holding her power down. The monster dies from its wounds, and the knight learns the queen usurped the king and the tales were true. However, he's kind of like "screw it" and marries her anyways. And so begins 1000 years of darkness.

"The two most important days in your life is the day you were born, and the day you find out why."
~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet just because there's a picture with a quote next to it."
~Abraham Lincoln

Vaarka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2016 2:31:45 AM
At 4/6/2016 2:30:06 AM, PetersSmith wrote:

A knight is sentenced to death for having sex with a king's wife. Before his execution, the wife saves him. She gives him a list of monsters to kill that could possibly make him a "hero" and redeem himself of his "sin". He goes on a journey and [fill in blanks] happen. When he's fairly older, he faces the last monster. Before death, the monster explains that the queen was actually a witch, and every monster he's killed were fragments of her, holding her power down. The monster dies from its wounds, and the knight learns the queen usurped the king and the tales were true. However, he's kind of like "screw it" and marries her anyways. And so begins 1000 years of darkness.

Or he could fight her and kill her. That might make a more action-filled story XD

PetersSmith
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2016 2:33:09 AM
At 4/6/2016 2:31:45 AM, Vaarka wrote:

Or he could fight her and kill her. That might make a more action-filled story XD

Pfft, boring. Not every story has a happy ending. Although the knight would technically be getting one in a way.

~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

~Abraham Lincoln

WhineyMagiciann5
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2016 2:33:35 AM

I'll admit that i liked that ending! I kinda had something along the lines loke that for one if my current ones.
Vaarka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2016 2:33:43 AM
At 4/6/2016 2:33:09 AM, PetersSmith wrote:

Pfft, boring. Not every story has a happy ending. Although the knight would technically be getting one in a way.

Never said it had to be a happy ending. Maybe he dies too.

PetersSmith
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2016 2:35:44 AM
At 4/6/2016 2:33:43 AM, Vaarka wrote:

That'd still kind of be "happy" since he would be sacrificing himself to save the kingdom, which shunned him, from darkness. I'm sure there's a cheesy allegory in here somewhere.

~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

~Abraham Lincoln

Vaarka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2016 2:37:07 AM
At 4/6/2016 2:35:44 AM, PetersSmith wrote:

That'd still kind of be "happy" since he would be sacrificing himself to save the kingdom, which shunned him, from darkness. I'm sure there's a cheesy allegory in here somewhere.

Hmm...have him fight her, but lose. That way, you still get all the epic action, everyone is expecting him to kill her, and then BAM he dies. Then, all your fans hate you :D

Emmarie
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2016 2:37:23 AM
At 4/6/2016 1:11:37 AM, ShabShoral wrote:

wow heavy subject - I wanna write one and how it relates to northern wisconsin
PetersSmith
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2016 2:37:41 AM
At 4/6/2016 2:37:07 AM, Vaarka wrote:

Hmm...have him fight her, but lose. That way, you still get all the epic action, everyone is expecting him to kill her, and then BAM he dies. Then, all your fans hate you :D

Was killing a bunch of monsters not action enough?

~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

~Abraham Lincoln

Vaarka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2016 2:40:48 AM
At 4/6/2016 2:37:41 AM, PetersSmith wrote:

Well if you combine them all into one being, then why not do it?

PetersSmith
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2016 2:44:01 AM
At 4/6/2016 2:40:48 AM, Vaarka wrote:

Alright, how about this: after killing the last monster he goes back to the castle, peeved that the witch manipulated him. When there, she plays the victim role saying the king was the one who fragmented her power, claiming he abused her when the knight left, and saying she's not actually "evil". Then the king returns with a retinue and the knight desires to protect the witch, so he fights the king. You have your final battle, and then the witch reveals she tricked him again, but then he feels good now that he killed the man who sentenced him to death is dead and then turns to the dark side. The witch and the knight live happily ever after, everyone else doesn't.

~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

~Abraham Lincoln

The-Holy-Macrel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2016 2:44:04 AM

Do you know how the author of the hobbit got his inspiration?

He found a random slip of paper in his classroom one day that read:
"there once was a hobbit"

So here is another:

There once was a Svliiroxx
Vaarka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2016 2:46:01 AM
At 4/6/2016 2:44:01 AM, PetersSmith wrote:

Alright, how about this: after killing the last monster he goes back to the castle, peeved that the witch manipulated him. When there, she plays the victim role saying the king was the one who fragmented her power, claiming he abused her when the knight left, and saying she's not actually "evil". Then the king returns with a retinue and the knight desires to protect the witch, so he fights the king. You have your final battle, and then the witch reveals she tricked him again, but then he feels good now that he killed the man who sentenced him to death is dead and then turns to the dark side. The witch and the knight live happily ever after, everyone else doesn't.

Only if the king is as powerful as she is XD

WhineyMagiciann5
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2016 2:46:07 AM
At 4/6/2016 2:44:04 AM, The-Holy-Macrel wrote:

So here is another:

I honestly never heard that! Interesting!
Before i can do something with that, i need to figure out how that would be pronounced.
I have no idea how...
Vaarka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2016 2:48:11 AM
At 4/6/2016 2:46:07 AM, WhineyMagiciann5 wrote:
At 4/6/2016 2:44:04 AM, The-Holy-Macrel wrote:

So here is another:

I honestly never heard that! Interesting!
Before i can do something with that, i need to figure out how that would be pronounced.
I have no idea how...

There once was a Vaarka (or Vaarkarian)

PetersSmith
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2016 2:50:11 AM
At 4/6/2016 2:46:01 AM, Vaarka wrote:

I think it'd be a fairer fight, where wit and steel clashes against rage and despair, but no one is stronger than the Matriarch.

~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

~Abraham Lincoln

Vaarka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2016 2:51:38 AM
At 4/6/2016 2:50:11 AM, PetersSmith wrote:

I think it'd be a fairer fight, where wit and steel clashes against rage and despair, but no one is stronger than the Matriarch.

It's not a bad idea, really. I can see a really good story coming from that idea if it were put down on paper (or whatever people write on)

PetersSmith
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2016 2:53:17 AM
At 4/6/2016 2:51:38 AM, Vaarka wrote:
At 4/6/2016 2:50:11 AM, PetersSmith wrote:

It's not a bad idea, really. I can see a really good story coming from that idea if it were put down on paper (or whatever people write on)

Tell that to the author here.

~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

~Abraham Lincoln