Jump to topic:

Really Great Day

RyuuKyuzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2016 10:37:20 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
This has been a fantastic day, mostly because I managed a 40lb personal-record on the deadlift today. This is a huge jump and I really didn't see it coming. The most exciting part about this is this means I now have a very, very good chance at placing 2nd at the Canadian National Powerlifting Championships, whereas prior to today I could only realistically expect to place 5th.

This means I now have a very, very real shot at getting to represent Canada in next year's IPF World Powerlifting Championships. This is blowing my mind, because I really wasn't expecting this. I barely even slept last night and I had no intention of even attempting a max until I finally got to the gym. Now, none of this is certain; it's entirely possible the competition this year will be much steeper than it was last year, but for right now I'm ecstatic and I really can't wait to compete again.

None of this likely means much for most of you, I get it, but just be happy for me, dammit =)
If you're reading this, you're awesome and you should feel awesome.
RyuuKyuzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2016 10:37:41 PM
And just because, here's a video of a 78 year old woman deadlifting 225 for reps.
If you're reading this, you're awesome and you should feel awesome.
bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2016 11:40:32 PM
Congrats. I hope you're successful moving forward.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...

29,000th Post & Sort of Farewell: http://www.debate.org...
SamStevens
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2016 11:41:56 PM
At 4/6/2016 10:37:20 PM, RyuuKyuzo wrote:
This has been a fantastic day, mostly because I managed a 40lb personal-record on the deadlift today. This is a huge jump and I really didn't see it coming. The most exciting part about this is this means I now have a very, very good chance at placing 2nd at the Canadian National Powerlifting Championships, whereas prior to today I could only realistically expect to place 5th.

This means I now have a very, very real shot at getting to represent Canada in next year's IPF World Powerlifting Championships. This is blowing my mind, because I really wasn't expecting this. I barely even slept last night and I had no intention of even attempting a max until I finally got to the gym. Now, none of this is certain; it's entirely possible the competition this year will be much steeper than it was last year, but for right now I'm ecstatic and I really can't wait to compete again.

None of this likely means much for most of you, I get it, but just be happy for me, dammit =)

Congratulations and good luck in your future weight lifting endeavors!
"I swing both ways" Unstob
"I accidentally bit down on a greenish cyst inside a chicken breast once and it did not taste that bad actually" Vaarka
"Watermelons are racially insensitive" Skep

"A moment or two of serious self-scrutiny, and you might observe that you no more decide the next thought you think than the next thought I write." Sam Harris, free will
Vox_Veritas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/7/2016 2:04:36 AM
Dang...that does sound like a really great day.
Call me Vox, the Resident Contrarian of debate.org.

The DDO Blog:
https://debatedotorg.wordpress.com...

#drinkthecoffeenotthekoolaid
Skepsikyma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/7/2016 2:47:13 AM

Get swole, bra.
"See now Oblivion shimmering all around us, its very tranquility deadlier than tempest. How little all our keels have troubled it."
- Lord Dunsany -

"Over her head the stars, the thoughts of God in the heavens,
Shone on the eyes of man, who had ceased to marvel and worship"
- Henry Longfellow -

Virtutem videant intabescantque relicta
PetersSmith
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/7/2016 4:15:28 AM

Empress of DDO (also Poll and Forum "Maintenance" Moderator)

"The two most important days in your life is the day you were born, and the day you find out why."
~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet just because there's a picture with a quote next to it."
~Abraham Lincoln

Guide to the Polls Section: http://www.debate.org...