Jump to topic:

Really Great Day

RyuuKyuzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2016 10:37:20 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
This has been a fantastic day, mostly because I managed a 40lb personal-record on the deadlift today. This is a huge jump and I really didn't see it coming. The most exciting part about this is this means I now have a very, very good chance at placing 2nd at the Canadian National Powerlifting Championships, whereas prior to today I could only realistically expect to place 5th.

This means I now have a very, very real shot at getting to represent Canada in next year's IPF World Powerlifting Championships. This is blowing my mind, because I really wasn't expecting this. I barely even slept last night and I had no intention of even attempting a max until I finally got to the gym. Now, none of this is certain; it's entirely possible the competition this year will be much steeper than it was last year, but for right now I'm ecstatic and I really can't wait to compete again.

None of this likely means much for most of you, I get it, but just be happy for me, dammit =)
If you're reading this, you're awesome and you should feel awesome.
RyuuKyuzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2016 10:37:41 PM
And just because, here's a video of a 78 year old woman deadlifting 225 for reps.
If you're reading this, you're awesome and you should feel awesome.
bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2016 11:40:32 PM
Congrats. I hope you're successful moving forward.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
SamStevens
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2016 11:41:56 PM
At 4/6/2016 10:37:20 PM, RyuuKyuzo wrote:
This has been a fantastic day, mostly because I managed a 40lb personal-record on the deadlift today. This is a huge jump and I really didn't see it coming. The most exciting part about this is this means I now have a very, very good chance at placing 2nd at the Canadian National Powerlifting Championships, whereas prior to today I could only realistically expect to place 5th.

This means I now have a very, very real shot at getting to represent Canada in next year's IPF World Powerlifting Championships. This is blowing my mind, because I really wasn't expecting this. I barely even slept last night and I had no intention of even attempting a max until I finally got to the gym. Now, none of this is certain; it's entirely possible the competition this year will be much steeper than it was last year, but for right now I'm ecstatic and I really can't wait to compete again.

None of this likely means much for most of you, I get it, but just be happy for me, dammit =)

Congratulations and good luck in your future weight lifting endeavors!
"This is the true horror of religion. It allows perfectly decent and sane people to believe by the billions, what only lunatics could believe on their own." Sam Harris
Life asked Death "Why do people love me but hate you?"
Death responded: "Because you are a beautiful lie, and I am the painful truth."
Vox_Veritas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/7/2016 2:04:36 AM
Dang...that does sound like a really great day.
Call me Vox, the Resident Contrarian of debate.org.

The DDO Blog:
https://debatedotorg.wordpress.com...

#drinkthecoffeenotthekoolaid
Skepsikyma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/7/2016 2:47:13 AM

Get swole, bra.
"The Collectivist experiment is thoroughly suited (in appearance at least) to the Capitalist society which it proposes to replace. It works with the existing machinery of Capitalism, talks and thinks in the existing terms of Capitalism, appeals to just those appetites which Capitalism has aroused, and ridicules as fantastic and unheard-of just those things in society the memory of which Capitalism has killed among men wherever the blight of it has spread."
- Hilaire Belloc -
PetersSmith
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/7/2016 4:15:28 AM

Empress of DDO (also Poll and Forum "Maintenance" Moderator)

"The two most important days in your life is the day you were born, and the day you find out why."
~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet just because there's a picture with a quote next to it."
~Abraham Lincoln

Guide to the Polls Section: http://www.debate.org...