Jump to topic:

"The Internet Ruined My Life"

cybertron1998
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/10/2016 6:50:02 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
So the title of this thread is the name of a new show on Syfy. This show follows various people where through certain encounters on the internet their life was practically "ruined." I've only watched the first episode, but the stories are still scary.

The first episode followed first a renowned chef in a restaurant in California. He was looking at some reviews of a different restaurant he wanted to take his family and all of them were bad. They were all bad because the restaurant had the dish Foie De Grau, which is Duck Liver. In the timescale of this episode's story, duck liver had just been re legalized for use in commercial food in California. Also interestingly they were all made by animal rights activist. The chef noticing one of the activists lives in Minnesota asked if she could make such a claim if she never visited it. An exchange went back and forth between the two on Facebook culminating with the chef posting to the activist:

"F*** YOU"

The activist replied:

"You should watch your daughters back. I have activists in California who know where your daughter goes to school. They know what she looks like because of your profile pic."

The chef replied with this long expletive filled message ending with the expletive "c***"

This resulted in him making national news and losing his job effectively: ruining his life.

So The reason why I'm posting this thread is actually the election. I am specifically targeting the drama that happens around the election, because it's ridiculous and unbecoming of a lot of usually good members. I'm making light of it because its something that really needs to stop.

So My Question:

Has the internet ever ruined or greatly affected your life?
Epsilon: There are so many stories where some brave hero decides to give their life to save the day, and because of their sacrifice, the good guys win, the survivors all cheer, and everybody lives happily ever after. But the hero... never gets to see that ending. They'll never know if their sacrifice actually made a difference. They'll never know if the day was really saved. In the end, they just have to have faith.
Vaarka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/10/2016 9:53:08 PM
At 4/10/2016 6:50:02 PM, cybertron1998 wrote:
So the title of this thread is the name of a new show on Syfy. This show follows various people where through certain encounters on the internet their life was practically "ruined." I've only watched the first episode, but the stories are still scary.

The first episode followed first a renowned chef in a restaurant in California. He was looking at some reviews of a different restaurant he wanted to take his family and all of them were bad. They were all bad because the restaurant had the dish Foie De Grau, which is Duck Liver. In the timescale of this episode's story, duck liver had just been re legalized for use in commercial food in California. Also interestingly they were all made by animal rights activist. The chef noticing one of the activists lives in Minnesota asked if she could make such a claim if she never visited it. An exchange went back and forth between the two on Facebook culminating with the chef posting to the activist:

"F*** YOU"

The activist replied:

"You should watch your daughters back. I have activists in California who know where your daughter goes to school. They know what she looks like because of your profile pic."

The chef replied with this long expletive filled message ending with the expletive "c***"

This resulted in him making national news and losing his job effectively: ruining his life.

So The reason why I'm posting this thread is actually the election. I am specifically targeting the drama that happens around the election, because it's ridiculous and unbecoming of a lot of usually good members. I'm making light of it because its something that really needs to stop.

So My Question:

Not yet, and I hope it stays that way XP
You're probably thinking right now "haha I'm a genius". Well you're not -Valkrin

inferno: "I don't know, are you attracted to women?"
ButterCatX: "No, Vaarka is mine!"

All hail scum Vaarka, wielder of the bastard sword, smiter of nations, destroyer of spiders -VOT

"Vaarka, I've been thinking about this for a long time now," (pulls out small box made of macaroni) "W-will you be my noodle buddy?" -Kirigaya
XxMelissaxX
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/11/2016 2:43:14 AM

"F*** YOU"

The activist replied:

So My Question:

Nope. Has it ruin/greatly affected yours?
I need my pizza.
cybertron1998
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/11/2016 10:54:59 AM
At 4/11/2016 2:43:14 AM, XxMelissaxX wrote:

"F*** YOU"

The activist replied:

So My Question:

Nope. Has it ruin/greatly affected yours?

Not yet thankfully, but again I'm specifically targeting the drama that happens around DDO election time. Its ridiculous and unbecoming of most folk around here
Epsilon: There are so many stories where some brave hero decides to give their life to save the day, and because of their sacrifice, the good guys win, the survivors all cheer, and everybody lives happily ever after. But the hero... never gets to see that ending. They'll never know if their sacrifice actually made a difference. They'll never know if the day was really saved. In the end, they just have to have faith.