Jump to topic:

Have you ever lost a pet?

ILoveSitarMusic
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/17/2016 3:51:52 AM
Posted: 7 months ago
I lost four cats in my adult life. I have so many regrets about Cuddles. I did not choose to end her suffering because I thought she would get better. I told her once that she should come to me if it was time to go to Heaven, and she came to me. I carried her to my room, and placed her on a chair. I covered her with a hand towel. I went to bed, and o got some sleep. She died while I was sleeping. If your pet is suffering, put them to sleep so you don't have regrets.
PetersSmith
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/17/2016 4:09:44 AM
At 4/17/2016 3:51:52 AM, ILoveSitarMusic wrote:
I lost four cats in my adult life. I have so many regrets about Cuddles. I did not choose to end her suffering because I thought she would get better. I told her once that she should come to me if it was time to go to Heaven, and she came to me. I carried her to my room, and placed her on a chair. I covered her with a hand towel. I went to bed, and o got some sleep. She died while I was sleeping. If your pet is suffering, put them to sleep so you don't have regrets.

I lost a dog that we had to put asleep. It was really weird seeing it.
Empress of DDO (also Poll and Forum "Maintenance" Moderator)

"The two most important days in your life is the day you were born, and the day you find out why."
~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet just because there's a picture with a quote next to it."
~Abraham Lincoln

Guide to the Polls Section: http://www.debate.org...
The_Great_Amalgam
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/17/2016 2:18:49 PM
Unfornately, my family has a tendacy to lose pets and have them die. Minus goldfish here they are.

A Dog who's name I can't remember: All I remember was that the the dog ran away and most likely died alone.

Charlie the Hamster: My brother's pet Hamster, Charlie died because he are so much and when he was trying to go through the tube to his room, he got stuck and suffocated. I really felt bad for my brother.

Zoey the Dog: Zoey I feel like we never really did anything for her. At the time I had caninephobia and I didn't really play with her. When we moved, we couldn't keep her so we gave her to an old farmer.

Twinkle the Parakeet: My pet bird, she was terrified of humans. I regret not taking that well of her, since I was a 6th through 10th grader. I woke up and she was dead. It was awful for me.

Megatron the Parakeet: Another Parakeet that I had owned. We had gotten him when the original owners couldn't take care of him. Unfortunately, the bird was old and I didn't know that so when I was going to put them to sleep since it was my bedtime, Megatron was dead. I only owned him for one year.

There were other pets we owned, like a shell crab my sister got at a fair that most likely died in the first week, and goldfish but I don't remember them that much. The one thing I do always remember is regret. I regret that I failed my birds as an owner and sometimes I think they are still there when I hear chirping. All the chirping is though, is just the outside world.
Vox_Veritas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/17/2016 6:17:48 PM
I think I've lost two goats.
Call me Vox, the Resident Contrarian of debate.org.

The DDO Blog:
https://debatedotorg.wordpress.com...

#drinkthecoffeenotthekoolaid
SamStevens
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/17/2016 10:16:03 PM

Recently, one of my cockroaches died. Several cats that were around before I was born have died, with two croaking last summer. The summer before that a border collie mix that was apart of my family for 9 years died. Before that, my guinea pig died. Before that, a hamster died. Before that a gerbil died. Before that, a gerbil got lost and died behind a dresser. Before that, various hamsters died. Before that, hermit crabs died.
"This is the true horror of religion. It allows perfectly decent and sane people to believe by the billions, what only lunatics could believe on their own." Sam Harris
Life asked Death "Why do people love me but hate you?"
Death responded: "Because you are a beautiful lie, and I am the painful truth."
FortisAnimi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/17/2016 10:17:57 PM
At 4/17/2016 10:16:03 PM, SamStevens wrote:

Recently, one of my cockroaches died. Several cats that were around before I was born have died, with two croaking last summer. The summer before that a border collie mix that was apart of my family for 9 years died. Before that, my guinea pig died. Before that, a hamster died. Before that a gerbil died. Before that, a gerbil got lost and died behind a dresser. Before that, various hamsters died. Before that, hermit crabs died.

*calls animal rights group*
SamStevens
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/17/2016 10:23:27 PM
At 4/17/2016 10:17:57 PM, FortisAnimi wrote:

*calls animal rights group*
Time to grab some picket signs and protest death! Let's start by burning down morgues and crematoriums. From now on, cemeteries are banned and the dead will be stuffed, made to look lively, and placed in their homes, pet and human alike!
"This is the true horror of religion. It allows perfectly decent and sane people to believe by the billions, what only lunatics could believe on their own." Sam Harris
Life asked Death "Why do people love me but hate you?"
Death responded: "Because you are a beautiful lie, and I am the painful truth."
Vaarka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/17/2016 10:51:02 PM

If I put fish, crabs, and frogs aside, there are only 3 animal deaths in my home that I can really remember (when I was alive). 5 technically.

G.G. - The cat -- This is the one I don't really remember. I remember having her back in Maryland when I was 3 or 4, and her name was G.G. (Gray Girl). She got really sick and we eventually had to put her down.

Fern - Parakeet -- Fern was a bird I had back in Maryland, along with Skye. Fern was green with yellow highlights here and there. I don't remember much about him, but I liked him. Unfortunately, he died one day when I was about 6.

Skye - Parakeet -- Another parakeet I got back in Maryland. He lasted many years, and I remember he'd sleep on the bars of the cage, so I could rub his belly before going to bed, which was nice. He was technically my sister's bird, and died a few years ago.

Buddy - Parakeet -- The last of my birds, which we got to replace Fern. He lived alone in the cage for a few years, constantly jumping around in front of the mirror and chirping. He was rather cheerful, and I enjoyed having him. He died back around December, though, from old age.

Maggie - Dog -- This is definitely the saddest of them all for me. We got Maggie when I was seven, and she was the perfect dog. She was beautiful, happy, shameless, trusting, and a loving laberdoodle. Most dogs will shy away until you let them sniff your hand, and then you can pet them. Maggie was different. If you tried to let her sniff your hand, she'd shy away. But if you just walked up, said "hey girl!" and began petting her, she'd get excited and warm up to you instantly. Up until the very end, she was happy, being herself. Back in January of 2015, she began swelling up around the neck, and we found out she had Lymphoma. Despite her condition showing she'd probably live for another year, she didn't respond well to the treatment, and died about two months later. My only regret is not spending a little more time with her in her last few weeks, and choosing not to be there when we put her down. I honestly didn't want to be there when it happened, because I didn't want to break down in the vet. Now, I wish I'd been there for her until she was asleep. I love her, I miss her, and I will never forget her. Rest in Peace, Mags. <3
You're probably thinking right now "haha I'm a genius". Well you're not -Valkrin

inferno: "I don't know, are you attracted to women?"
ButterCatX: "No, Vaarka is mine!"

All hail scum Vaarka, wielder of the bastard sword, smiter of nations, destroyer of spiders -VOT

"Vaarka, I've been thinking about this for a long time now," (pulls out small box made of macaroni) "W-will you be my noodle buddy?" -Kirigaya
thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/17/2016 10:55:57 PM
One of my cats died in January of kidney failure, and the other one (the one Cermank used to have as her profile picture) was eaten by a bobcat or a coyote or something just last month. Has not been a good 2016 so far...
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
ILoveSitarMusic
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/18/2016 11:37:57 PM

I am sorry for your losses.
bballcrook21
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/19/2016 4:47:29 AM
No, I haven't ever had a pet either, although I badly want a corgi.
If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert, in 5 years there'd be a shortage of sand. - Friedman

Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself. -Friedman

Nothing is so permanent as a temporary government program. - Friedman

Society will never be free until the last Democrat is strangled with the entrails of the last Communist.
famousdebater
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/19/2016 3:38:10 PM
I have had 1 cat and I haven't lost him. I got him weeks after he was born and I still have him now (8 years later).
"Life calls the tune, we dance."
John Galsworthy