Total Posts:47|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Stupid Questions

RyuuKyuzo
Posts: 3,074
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/17/2016 8:46:42 PM
Posted: 7 months ago
I get a lot of stupid question literally every single day. Every. Single. Day. Almost all of them are from people I'm training, and I'm going to share with you some of these questions, because some of them are hilarious, and others make me want to grow my hair out just so I can rip it out.

If you've been asked a stupid question before, feel free to share. It doesn't have to be about lifting, that's just what I have.
If you're reading this, you're awesome and you should feel awesome.
RyuuKyuzo
Posts: 3,074
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/17/2016 8:53:51 PM
Posted: 7 months ago
One thing I've noticed is that women are easy to train (they take instruction well), but it's hell to keep them on a diet. Men are the opposite, they always have an excuse for why they can't go as hard as they need to in the gym, but unlike women, they don't have the mindset that they "have" to eat garbage to keep them motivated to continue training.

No b---h, putting in a good workout doesn't mean you "deserve" to eat icecream tonight. That's not a "thing", that's not how this works. You're cutting weight, so not only are you not eating icecream tonight, you're not eating icecream for the next 3 months. Get used to it.

Anyway, Here's one I got literally this morning (everything posted is going to be paraphrased, btw);

"Hey Tulu, I went out drinking last night but I only drank vodka. That's okay right, because clear alcohols don't have calories?"

Wtf kind of question is this? I know she knows that's bulls---t, because she waited until after she did it to ask. That's a theme I've noticed, too. You give people the answers they don't want to hear frequently enough, and eventually they start only asking after they've already done the thing they weren't supposed to do.
If you're reading this, you're awesome and you should feel awesome.
RyuuKyuzo
Posts: 3,074
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/17/2016 8:58:53 PM
Posted: 7 months ago
"Hey Tulu, I started adding in 5k runs every day. How many more calories should I eat to continue bulking?"

This guy weighs 140lbs. Why are you randomly adding in 5k runs every day? Are you trying to remain a hungry skeleton? He says it's because he feels gassed halfway through his sets and thinks he needs more cardio. He doesn't understand that improving aerobic endurance isn't going to have a meaningful carryover to his anaerobic endurance, which tops out at about 15 seconds anyway. It's supposed to be hard, you goomba.
If you're reading this, you're awesome and you should feel awesome.
RyuuKyuzo
Posts: 3,074
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/17/2016 9:04:35 PM
Posted: 7 months ago
This is one of my favourites because it's one of the biggest WTF moments of my life;

"Hey Tulu, I started doing LSD to cure my acne. Is this going to mess with my stack (steroids)?"

You ever read something that blows your mind so hard you can't even form a thought for about 30 seconds, you just stare blankly in bewilderment of what you're reading?

Firstly, this is the first time he had told me he was taking steroids. I don't know why he just assumed I'd know that, and I had no idea what kinds or how much he was on. Also, taking LSD to cure steroid-caused acne? What the actual f--k are you talking about? Are you just looking for my permission to take LSD? I mean... WHAT? How would I even begin to answer this?

I need to stop for now. Going over this stuff again is triggering me something fierce.
If you're reading this, you're awesome and you should feel awesome.
Vaarka
Posts: 7,527
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/17/2016 9:11:35 PM
Posted: 7 months ago
Person A: "Vaarka, can I ask you a stupid question?"

Me: "Only if you want a sarcastic answer..."
You're probably thinking right now "haha I'm a genius". Well you're not -Valkrin

inferno: "I don't know, are you attracted to women?"
ButterCatX: "No, Vaarka is mine!"

All hail scum Vaarka, wielder of the bastard sword, smiter of nations, destroyer of spiders -VOT

"Vaarka, I've been thinking about this for a long time now," (pulls out small box made of macaroni) "W-will you be my noodle buddy?" -Kirigaya
PetersSmith
Posts: 5,811
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/17/2016 9:48:44 PM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 4/17/2016 8:46:42 PM, RyuuKyuzo wrote:
I get a lot of stupid question literally every single day. Every. Single. Day. Almost all of them are from people I'm training, and I'm going to share with you some of these questions, because some of them are hilarious, and others make me want to grow my hair out just so I can rip it out.

If you've been asked a stupid question before, feel free to share. It doesn't have to be about lifting, that's just what I have.

There's no such thing as a stupid question, only stupid people and stupid answers.
Empress of DDO (also Poll and Forum "Maintenance" Moderator)

"The two most important days in your life is the day you were born, and the day you find out why."
~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet just because there's a picture with a quote next to it."
~Abraham Lincoln

Guide to the Polls Section: http://www.debate.org...
YYW
Posts: 36,242
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/17/2016 9:50:32 PM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 4/17/2016 8:46:42 PM, RyuuKyuzo wrote:
I get a lot of stupid question literally every single day. Every. Single. Day. Almost all of them are from people I'm training, and I'm going to share with you some of these questions, because some of them are hilarious, and others make me want to grow my hair out just so I can rip it out.

If you've been asked a stupid question before, feel free to share. It doesn't have to be about lifting, that's just what I have.

Most of the stupid questions I get every day.... they're sort of related to my profession. But I get a lot of them, too. I feel you, bro.
SeventhProfessor
Posts: 5,079
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/17/2016 9:59:13 PM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 4/17/2016 9:48:44 PM, PetersSmith wrote:
At 4/17/2016 8:46:42 PM, RyuuKyuzo wrote:
I get a lot of stupid question literally every single day. Every. Single. Day. Almost all of them are from people I'm training, and I'm going to share with you some of these questions, because some of them are hilarious, and others make me want to grow my hair out just so I can rip it out.

If you've been asked a stupid question before, feel free to share. It doesn't have to be about lifting, that's just what I have.

There's no such thing as a stupid question, only stupid people and stupid answers.

did you read post 4?
#UnbanTheMadman

#StandWithBossy

#BetOnThett

"bossy r u like 85 years old and have lost ur mind"
~mysteriouscrystals

"I've honestly never seen seventh post anything that wasn't completely idiotic in a trying-to-be-funny way."
~F-16

https://docs.google.com...
PetersSmith
Posts: 5,811
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/17/2016 10:01:12 PM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 4/17/2016 9:59:13 PM, SeventhProfessor wrote:
At 4/17/2016 9:48:44 PM, PetersSmith wrote:
At 4/17/2016 8:46:42 PM, RyuuKyuzo wrote:
I get a lot of stupid question literally every single day. Every. Single. Day. Almost all of them are from people I'm training, and I'm going to share with you some of these questions, because some of them are hilarious, and others make me want to grow my hair out just so I can rip it out.

If you've been asked a stupid question before, feel free to share. It doesn't have to be about lifting, that's just what I have.

There's no such thing as a stupid question, only stupid people and stupid answers.

did you read post 4?

Yes. There is value to that question as it shows that he is indeed a stupid person who needs an intervention.
Empress of DDO (also Poll and Forum "Maintenance" Moderator)

"The two most important days in your life is the day you were born, and the day you find out why."
~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet just because there's a picture with a quote next to it."
~Abraham Lincoln

Guide to the Polls Section: http://www.debate.org...
Raisor
Posts: 4,459
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/17/2016 10:02:15 PM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 4/17/2016 8:53:51 PM, RyuuKyuzo wrote:
One thing I've noticed is that women are easy to train (they take instruction well), but it's hell to keep them on a diet. Men are the opposite, they always have an excuse for why they can't go as hard as they need to in the gym, but unlike women, they don't have the mindset that they "have" to eat garbage to keep them motivated to continue training.

No b---h, putting in a good workout doesn't mean you "deserve" to eat icecream tonight. That's not a "thing", that's not how this works. You're cutting weight, so not only are you not eating icecream tonight, you're not eating icecream for the next 3 months. Get used to it.

Anyway, Here's one I got literally this morning (everything posted is going to be paraphrased, btw);

"Hey Tulu, I went out drinking last night but I only drank vodka. That's okay right, because clear alcohols don't have calories?"

Wtf kind of question is this? I know she knows that's bulls---t, because she waited until after she did it to ask. That's a theme I've noticed, too. You give people the answers they don't want to hear frequently enough, and eventually they start only asking after they've already done the thing they weren't supposed to do.

"It's easier to ask for forgiveness than permission"

But if you are going to drink alcohol, straight vodka is a better choice in terms of calories than beer or wine or a cocktail. I mean it's still going to be several hundred additional calories, but y'know.
Emmarie
Posts: 1,907
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/17/2016 10:04:17 PM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 4/17/2016 8:46:42 PM, RyuuKyuzo wrote:
I get a lot of stupid question literally every single day. Every. Single. Day. Almost all of them are from people I'm training, and I'm going to share with you some of these questions, because some of them are hilarious, and others make me want to grow my hair out just so I can rip it out.

If you've been asked a stupid question before, feel free to share. It doesn't have to be about lifting, that's just what I have.
I read the questions people ask you. Your responses could make them hide things from you that you don't approve of.

Just a suggestion: tell them, "the fact that you are making healthier choices than you did before I began training you, is going to have a positive impact on your health. I'm glad you trust me enough to reveal areas where who are faltering with what we discussed about your diet and exercise plan. The fact that you are more conscious about healthy choices, is more important than being so driven that you stop enjoying improving your health. Keeping a positive attitude toward improving your health is as important as following a regimen verbatum. You will reach your goals if you don't beat yourself up when you falter, as long as you remain conscious of it and continue to focus on your goal."

I admit the guy on LSD and steroids is ridiculous.
RyuuKyuzo
Posts: 3,074
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/18/2016 12:20:41 AM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 4/17/2016 10:04:17 PM, Emmarie wrote:
At 4/17/2016 8:46:42 PM, RyuuKyuzo wrote:
I get a lot of stupid question literally every single day. Every. Single. Day. Almost all of them are from people I'm training, and I'm going to share with you some of these questions, because some of them are hilarious, and others make me want to grow my hair out just so I can rip it out.

If you've been asked a stupid question before, feel free to share. It doesn't have to be about lifting, that's just what I have.
I read the questions people ask you. Your responses could make them hide things from you that you don't approve of.

Just a suggestion: tell them, "the fact that you are making healthier choices than you did before I began training you, is going to have a positive impact on your health. I'm glad you trust me enough to reveal areas where who are faltering with what we discussed about your diet and exercise plan. The fact that you are more conscious about healthy choices, is more important than being so driven that you stop enjoying improving your health. Keeping a positive attitude toward improving your health is as important as following a regimen verbatum. You will reach your goals if you don't beat yourself up when you falter, as long as you remain conscious of it and continue to focus on your goal."

I admit the guy on LSD and steroids is ridiculous.

These weren't my responses to them, just my commentary for you guys.
If you're reading this, you're awesome and you should feel awesome.
RyuuKyuzo
Posts: 3,074
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/18/2016 12:23:40 AM
Posted: 7 months ago
"Hey Tulu, some guy at the gym told me training heavy will tear my heart, is that true???"

Yes, That's why my heart is literally ribbons.
If you're reading this, you're awesome and you should feel awesome.
RyuuKyuzo
Posts: 3,074
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/18/2016 12:32:13 AM
Posted: 7 months ago
"I'm not looking to get huge, I just want to be fit. How can I make sure I don't get too blocky?"

Nobody has every accidentally gotten too big. It has never happened, and it will never happen. Do your absolute best in the gym and you will be amazed how huge you don't get.
If you're reading this, you're awesome and you should feel awesome.
RyuuKyuzo
Posts: 3,074
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/18/2016 12:33:02 AM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 4/18/2016 12:32:13 AM, RyuuKyuzo wrote:
"I'm not looking to get huge, I just want to be fit. How can I make sure I don't get too blocky?"

Nobody has every accidentally gotten too big. It has never happened, and it will never happen. Do your absolute best in the gym and you will be amazed how huge you don't get.

To be fair, this isn't really stupid, it's just the result of greatly overestimating the human body's anabolic capabilities.
If you're reading this, you're awesome and you should feel awesome.
Emmarie
Posts: 1,907
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/18/2016 1:13:20 AM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 4/18/2016 12:20:41 AM, RyuuKyuzo wrote:
At 4/17/2016 10:04:17 PM, Emmarie wrote:
At 4/17/2016 8:46:42 PM, RyuuKyuzo wrote:
I get a lot of stupid question literally every single day. Every. Single. Day. Almost all of them are from people I'm training, and I'm going to share with you some of these questions, because some of them are hilarious, and others make me want to grow my hair out just so I can rip it out.

If you've been asked a stupid question before, feel free to share. It doesn't have to be about lifting, that's just what I have.
I read the questions people ask you. Your responses could make them hide things from you that you don't approve of.

Just a suggestion: tell them, "the fact that you are making healthier choices than you did before I began training you, is going to have a positive impact on your health. I'm glad you trust me enough to reveal areas where who are faltering with what we discussed about your diet and exercise plan. The fact that you are more conscious about healthy choices, is more important than being so driven that you stop enjoying improving your health. Keeping a positive attitude toward improving your health is as important as following a regimen verbatum. You will reach your goals if you don't beat yourself up when you falter, as long as you remain conscious of it and continue to focus on your goal."

I admit the guy on LSD and steroids is ridiculous.

These weren't my responses to them, just my commentary for you guys.

I figured it wasn't exactly your comments - but when they tell you something they did wrong, after they went off of their regimen, it's because they trust you and they want to relieve some guilt. I'm just saying not to be too hard on them, or they may give up before they reach their goals. Stress causes a surge of cortisol - which causes the metabolism to slow, so it's counterproductive to diet or exercise. Guilt causes stress, so by being supportive you alleviate stress for your clients who confide in you, and they can stay motivated.
RyuuKyuzo
Posts: 3,074
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/18/2016 1:53:26 AM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 4/18/2016 1:13:20 AM, Emmarie wrote:
At 4/18/2016 12:20:41 AM, RyuuKyuzo wrote:
At 4/17/2016 10:04:17 PM, Emmarie wrote:
At 4/17/2016 8:46:42 PM, RyuuKyuzo wrote:
I get a lot of stupid question literally every single day. Every. Single. Day. Almost all of them are from people I'm training, and I'm going to share with you some of these questions, because some of them are hilarious, and others make me want to grow my hair out just so I can rip it out.

If you've been asked a stupid question before, feel free to share. It doesn't have to be about lifting, that's just what I have.
I read the questions people ask you. Your responses could make them hide things from you that you don't approve of.

Just a suggestion: tell them, "the fact that you are making healthier choices than you did before I began training you, is going to have a positive impact on your health. I'm glad you trust me enough to reveal areas where who are faltering with what we discussed about your diet and exercise plan. The fact that you are more conscious about healthy choices, is more important than being so driven that you stop enjoying improving your health. Keeping a positive attitude toward improving your health is as important as following a regimen verbatum. You will reach your goals if you don't beat yourself up when you falter, as long as you remain conscious of it and continue to focus on your goal."

I admit the guy on LSD and steroids is ridiculous.

These weren't my responses to them, just my commentary for you guys.

I figured it wasn't exactly your comments - but when they tell you something they did wrong, after they went off of their regimen, it's because they trust you and they want to relieve some guilt. I'm just saying not to be too hard on them, or they may give up before they reach their goals. Stress causes a surge of cortisol - which causes the metabolism to slow, so it's counterproductive to diet or exercise. Guilt causes stress, so by being supportive you alleviate stress for your clients who confide in you, and they can stay motivated.

Well, if there's one thing I definitely try to be, it's supportive.
If you're reading this, you're awesome and you should feel awesome.
Emmarie
Posts: 1,907
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/18/2016 2:09:17 AM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 4/18/2016 1:53:26 AM, RyuuKyuzo wrote:
At 4/18/2016 1:13:20 AM, Emmarie wrote:
At 4/18/2016 12:20:41 AM, RyuuKyuzo wrote:
At 4/17/2016 10:04:17 PM, Emmarie wrote:
At 4/17/2016 8:46:42 PM, RyuuKyuzo wrote:
I get a lot of stupid question literally every single day. Every. Single. Day. Almost all of them are from people I'm training, and I'm going to share with you some of these questions, because some of them are hilarious, and others make me want to grow my hair out just so I can rip it out.

If you've been asked a stupid question before, feel free to share. It doesn't have to be about lifting, that's just what I have.
I read the questions people ask you. Your responses could make them hide things from you that you don't approve of.

Just a suggestion: tell them, "the fact that you are making healthier choices than you did before I began training you, is going to have a positive impact on your health. I'm glad you trust me enough to reveal areas where who are faltering with what we discussed about your diet and exercise plan. The fact that you are more conscious about healthy choices, is more important than being so driven that you stop enjoying improving your health. Keeping a positive attitude toward improving your health is as important as following a regimen verbatum. You will reach your goals if you don't beat yourself up when you falter, as long as you remain conscious of it and continue to focus on your goal."

I admit the guy on LSD and steroids is ridiculous.

These weren't my responses to them, just my commentary for you guys.

I figured it wasn't exactly your comments - but when they tell you something they did wrong, after they went off of their regimen, it's because they trust you and they want to relieve some guilt. I'm just saying not to be too hard on them, or they may give up before they reach their goals. Stress causes a surge of cortisol - which causes the metabolism to slow, so it's counterproductive to diet or exercise. Guilt causes stress, so by being supportive you alleviate stress for your clients who confide in you, and they can stay motivated.

Well, if there's one thing I definitely try to be, it's supportive.

Don't try - succeed at being supportive of your clients and I bet it will motivate them leading to better results, as well as be more enjoyable for you to train them. Then you'll build a a solid clientele and not worry so much about minor infractions of yourself or your clients.

Yeah - I'm preaching, cuz I could have gotten hired at anytime fitness after I passed the fitness instructor test online, but didn't have the funds to pay for it, so that never worked out (pun interned). I did pass the test though, online, at home,, and was very frustrated that I wasn't able to share a lifetime with fitness success with people who were too hard on themselves to begin with.
Kirigaya-Kazuto
Posts: 1,000
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/18/2016 3:03:53 PM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 4/17/2016 9:04:35 PM, RyuuKyuzo wrote:
This is one of my favourites because it's one of the biggest WTF moments of my life;

"Hey Tulu, I started doing LSD to cure my acne. Is this going to mess with my stack (steroids)?"
Please tell me the answer is yes.
You ever read something that blows your mind so hard you can't even form a thought for about 30 seconds, you just stare blankly in bewilderment of what you're reading?

Firstly, this is the first time he had told me he was taking steroids. I don't know why he just assumed I'd know that, and I had no idea what kinds or how much he was on. Also, taking LSD to cure steroid-caused acne? What the actual f--k are you talking about? Are you just looking for my permission to take LSD? I mean... WHAT? How would I even begin to answer this?

I need to stop for now. Going over this stuff again is triggering me something fierce.
#Don'tlookatDATXDUDE'sprofilebecauseyoureyeswillexplode ~ Petfish
#Treebrokethechurchbells ~ Discipulus_Didicit
Don't quote me ~fire_wings
If anyone's getting modkilled, it's kiri. Just for his sig. ~Seventh
Yes ~Vaarka
No ~Rosalie
Ya clown ~Solon
OSU! ~Vaarka
RyuuKyuzo
Posts: 3,074
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/18/2016 3:09:55 PM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 4/18/2016 3:03:53 PM, Kirigaya-Kazuto wrote:
At 4/17/2016 9:04:35 PM, RyuuKyuzo wrote:
This is one of my favourites because it's one of the biggest WTF moments of my life;

"Hey Tulu, I started doing LSD to cure my acne. Is this going to mess with my stack (steroids)?"
Please tell me the answer is yes.
You ever read something that blows your mind so hard you can't even form a thought for about 30 seconds, you just stare blankly in bewilderment of what you're reading?

Firstly, this is the first time he had told me he was taking steroids. I don't know why he just assumed I'd know that, and I had no idea what kinds or how much he was on. Also, taking LSD to cure steroid-caused acne? What the actual f--k are you talking about? Are you just looking for my permission to take LSD? I mean... WHAT? How would I even begin to answer this?

I need to stop for now. Going over this stuff again is triggering me something fierce.

I wouldn't know lmao
If you're reading this, you're awesome and you should feel awesome.
Skepsikyma
Posts: 8,280
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/18/2016 4:02:31 PM
Posted: 7 months ago
Lol.

I hate people who freak out about credit card transactions (will this charge my card twice!?). And every once in a while I've gotten a black customer who thinks that everything I do is racially motivated. I ask them for help, they think that I'm following them around the store. I ID them, they think I'm trying to get their information. I make them sign the declaration of age, they read it like they're signing a Faustian bargain in their own blood. It's just says that you're 21, motherfvcker. Their credit card is unsigned and I ask for ID, and suddenly store policy becomes something that I ONLY do for black people.

The white version of this is the crazy libertarian who thinks that everything is a government conspiracy. These people are actually worse, because the last example just grumble for the most part. I actually had one man defiantly refuse to sign the declaration of age, then he got surprised because I wouldn't sell him the liquor, and acted like he was fvcking revolutionary war soldier standing up to the British. The best is when we do zip codes. Basically, for two months we ask customers for their zip codes in order to determine where to put new stores and where to move stock. These crazies absolutely freak out, saying that the 'government doesn't need that information' and going on huge rants about overreach and 'tyranny'. Hey, who gave you your zip code, idiot? THE POST OFFICE? Who do they work for? THE GUBMENT! It's a big fvcking conspiracy, better go hide in your doomsday pantry. The best is when they then pay with a credit card, which is much more revealing than giving your zip code, lol.

Best product question I ever got was probably about whether adding vodka to sweet red wine would turn it in to port. No, no, no....
"The Collectivist experiment is thoroughly suited (in appearance at least) to the Capitalist society which it proposes to replace. It works with the existing machinery of Capitalism, talks and thinks in the existing terms of Capitalism, appeals to just those appetites which Capitalism has aroused, and ridicules as fantastic and unheard-of just those things in society the memory of which Capitalism has killed among men wherever the blight of it has spread."
- Hilaire Belloc -
RyuuKyuzo
Posts: 3,074
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/18/2016 4:57:53 PM
Posted: 7 months ago
"Hey Tulu, I just started working out. Should I take steroids for a couple weeks to jumpstart my gains?"

This is stupid for a couple reasons. 1. a "couple weeks" of steroids won't do a damn thing for you, and 2. even if it did, steroids work at the expense of your body's own capacity for producing endogenous steroids, so as soon as you stop taking it your "jump-start" gains will screech to a halt and even start reversing.

There's a third reason, too; you will never make gains as fast as you will when you're a noob. Noob-gains are a real thing. The longer you train, the slower your gains come, so if you can't figure out how to make gains without drugs during the time when gaining size and strength is the easiest it will ever be, you have no business f-----g around with steroids.
If you're reading this, you're awesome and you should feel awesome.
RyuuKyuzo
Posts: 3,074
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/18/2016 5:03:05 PM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 4/18/2016 4:02:31 PM, Skepsikyma wrote:
Lol.

I hate people who freak out about credit card transactions (will this charge my card twice!?). And every once in a while I've gotten a black customer who thinks that everything I do is racially motivated. I ask them for help, they think that I'm following them around the store. I ID them, they think I'm trying to get their information. I make them sign the declaration of age, they read it like they're signing a Faustian bargain in their own blood. It's just says that you're 21, motherfvcker. Their credit card is unsigned and I ask for ID, and suddenly store policy becomes something that I ONLY do for black people.

The white version of this is the crazy libertarian who thinks that everything is a government conspiracy. These people are actually worse, because the last example just grumble for the most part. I actually had one man defiantly refuse to sign the declaration of age, then he got surprised because I wouldn't sell him the liquor, and acted like he was fvcking revolutionary war soldier standing up to the British. The best is when we do zip codes. Basically, for two months we ask customers for their zip codes in order to determine where to put new stores and where to move stock. These crazies absolutely freak out, saying that the 'government doesn't need that information' and going on huge rants about overreach and 'tyranny'. Hey, who gave you your zip code, idiot? THE POST OFFICE? Who do they work for? THE GUBMENT! It's a big fvcking conspiracy, better go hide in your doomsday pantry. The best is when they then pay with a credit card, which is much more revealing than giving your zip code, lol.

Best product question I ever got was probably about whether adding vodka to sweet red wine would turn it in to port. No, no, no....

I feel very fortunate that I've never had to work in customer-service.
If you're reading this, you're awesome and you should feel awesome.
RyuuKyuzo
Posts: 3,074
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/18/2016 5:10:09 PM
Posted: 7 months ago
"Hey Tulu, can you make me a custom training program and meal plan? Thaaaaanks"

This isn't really stupid, it's just presumptuous. Oh sure, let me take 5 hours out of my day to do that for you for free. Now, to be fair I do this for people all the time, and I enjoy it, but it's one thing for me to offer it to a friend, it's another when someone I haven't spoken to since high school suddenly decides I'm their pro bono trainer.
If you're reading this, you're awesome and you should feel awesome.
RyuuKyuzo
Posts: 3,074
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/18/2016 5:25:27 PM
Posted: 7 months ago
"Hey Tulu, I know today I was supposed to do 8 sets of 2 reps, but it was taking foreeever so I switched it to sets of 4 reps. Is that okay?"

Why have me as your trainer if you're just going to make up whatever tf you want to do, anyway? The more you mess around with a program, the more you undermine the training principles behind it. This is especially annoying because I give people a lot of leeway on their accessory lifts, so if you're in a rush to get in and get out of the gym, take it out of your accessory lifts, don't f--k around with your primary lifts.

It's not worth messing up your squat periodization just so you can have more time to do dumbbell curls.
If you're reading this, you're awesome and you should feel awesome.
Rosalie
Posts: 4,605
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/18/2016 5:51:54 PM
Posted: 7 months ago
"ROSALIE, how come when you give CPR, you have to close the nose?" -.-
" We need more videos of cat's playing the piano on the internet" - My art professor.

"Criticism is easier to take when you realize that the only people who aren't criticized are those who don't take risks." - Donald Trump

Officially Mrs. 16Kadams 8-30-16
RyuuKyuzo
Posts: 3,074
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/18/2016 6:39:56 PM
Posted: 7 months ago
"Hey Tulu, I cheated on my diet today. Should I just say 'f--k it,' call this a cheat day, and start over tomorrow?"

Oh I don't know, if you accidentally set your kitchen on fire, should you just say 'f--k it,' light the rest of your house on fire, and look for an entirely new house tomorrow?

No, you dumba--. Making a small mistake isn't a good excuse to go ahead and make a bunch of big mistakes.
If you're reading this, you're awesome and you should feel awesome.
RyuuKyuzo
Posts: 3,074
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/18/2016 6:41:02 PM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 4/18/2016 5:51:54 PM, Rosalie wrote:
"ROSALIE, how come when you give CPR, you have to close the nose?" -.-

Lol, okay that's pretty bad.
If you're reading this, you're awesome and you should feel awesome.
Rosalie
Posts: 4,605
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/18/2016 6:44:55 PM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 4/18/2016 6:41:02 PM, RyuuKyuzo wrote:
At 4/18/2016 5:51:54 PM, Rosalie wrote:
"ROSALIE, how come when you give CPR, you have to close the nose?" -.-

Lol, okay that's pretty bad.

Right!? It was a ex-bf of mine. Bad thing was, he was in law school, he was very intelligent (so I thought) and he asked me that....and it was a complete let down, Lol.
" We need more videos of cat's playing the piano on the internet" - My art professor.

"Criticism is easier to take when you realize that the only people who aren't criticized are those who don't take risks." - Donald Trump

Officially Mrs. 16Kadams 8-30-16
RyuuKyuzo
Posts: 3,074
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/18/2016 6:50:22 PM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 4/18/2016 6:44:55 PM, Rosalie wrote:
At 4/18/2016 6:41:02 PM, RyuuKyuzo wrote:
At 4/18/2016 5:51:54 PM, Rosalie wrote:
"ROSALIE, how come when you give CPR, you have to close the nose?" -.-

Lol, okay that's pretty bad.

Right!? It was a ex-bf of mine. Bad thing was, he was in law school, he was very intelligent (so I thought) and he asked me that....and it was a complete let down, Lol.

Oh wow, that's even worse.

I once had an ex-gf who asked me if zubats were real animals. Seriously. She's a nurse now. It's a scary world, out there.
If you're reading this, you're awesome and you should feel awesome.