Jump to topic:

This Was a Great Weekend

Raisor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/17/2016 11:26:36 PM
Posted: 7 months ago
This is gratuitous, but this was a great weekend.

The weather was pretty close to perfect, I went to one of my favorite neighborhood restaurants, had some great cocktails at a lounge, watched some of the new episodes of Kimmy Schmidt at 2am, did a live debate, went on a 30 mile bike ride, had coffee at a new cafe, picked up a free book outside a bookstore, made some really good mushroom+tomato sauce with linguine, went to a birthday party- ate cake and played drinking games, went to lunch at a restaurant with a sunny patio, did some spring cleaning, put together a table for my deck, used said table while reading+doing some crafts while hanging out with my dog, did my taxes (low point wah wah), checked in on my long term savings goals, and now I'm about to go do some more cooking.

Overall I'd say 9.5/10 since I still had to do my taxes.

Hope everyone else had some great weather too!
Maikuru
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/17/2016 11:53:29 PM
At 4/17/2016 11:26:36 PM, Raisor wrote:

The weather was pretty close to perfect, I went to one of my favorite neighborhood restaurants, had some great cocktails at a lounge, watched some of the new episodes of Kimmy Schmidt at 2am, did a live debate, went on a 30 mile bike ride, had coffee at a new cafe, picked up a free book outside a bookstore, made some really good mushroom+tomato sauce with linguine, went to a birthday party- ate cake and played drinking games, went to lunch at a restaurant with a sunny patio, did some spring cleaning, put together a table for my deck, used said table while reading+doing some crafts while hanging out with my dog, did my taxes (low point wah wah), checked in on my long term savings goals, and now I'm about to go do some more cooking.

Awesome! How are the new Kimmy Schmidt episodes? As good as Season 1?

It's been a good weekend for me, too. Finished my semester, finally got my emulator to work on my Mac, and just got back from a killer acapella show.
"You assume I wouldn't want to burn this whole place to the ground."
- lamerde

https://i.imgflip.com...
Raisor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/18/2016 12:06:43 AM
At 4/17/2016 11:53:29 PM, Maikuru wrote:

It's been a good weekend for me, too. Finished my semester, finally got my emulator to work on my Mac, and just got back from a killer acapella show.

I was really excited to hear about the alpaca show and then I reread your post.

I thought the new episodes were pretty good, something to look forward to if you haven't watched any yet.

What are you using your emulator for?
Maikuru
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/18/2016 12:18:30 AM
At 4/18/2016 12:06:43 AM, Raisor wrote:

I thought the new episodes were pretty good, something to look forward to if you haven't watched any yet.

lol it's true, alpaca > acapella

I gave up on getting a Playstation emulator to work. I wanted to play an old Digimon game I played years ago. Instead I got a DS emulator working for some Pokemon games. I'm in the mood for some gaming nostalgia.
- lamerde

Raisor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/18/2016 12:33:46 AM
At 4/18/2016 12:18:30 AM, Maikuru wrote:

I gave up on getting a Playstation emulator to work. I wanted to play an old Digimon game I played years ago. Instead I got a DS emulator working for some Pokemon games. I'm in the mood for some gaming nostalgia.

Oh man I did that a few years ago too- played through pkmn blue, such a good game.

What I really wanted was my original cartridge with my Alakazam named Atreides and my venusaur and arcanine. Even though the original game was kind of broken where you couldn't do anything after you beat all the trainers.
Maikuru
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/18/2016 1:38:38 AM
At 4/18/2016 12:33:46 AM, Raisor wrote:
At 4/18/2016 12:18:30 AM, Maikuru wrote:

Oh man I did that a few years ago too- played through pkmn blue, such a good game.

What I really wanted was my original cartridge with my Alakazam named Atreides and my venusaur and arcanine. Even though the original game was kind of broken where you couldn't do anything after you beat all the trainers.

I'm all about that arcanine life! I also always pick bulbasaur. That's actually a good test if a relationship is going to last: ask her which starter she picks. If she says bulbasaur, you're golden. If she says anything pokemon related at all, actually, you should hold on to her and never let her go.
- lamerde

Vaarka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/20/2016 1:09:00 AM

I had allergies and ended the weekend with a fever of 102.
You're probably thinking right now "haha I'm a genius". Well you're not -Valkrin

inferno: "I don't know, are you attracted to women?"
ButterCatX: "No, Vaarka is mine!"

All hail scum Vaarka, wielder of the bastard sword, smiter of nations, destroyer of spiders -VOT

"Vaarka, I've been thinking about this for a long time now," (pulls out small box made of macaroni) "W-will you be my noodle buddy?" -Kirigaya
Raisor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/20/2016 1:21:48 AM
At 4/20/2016 12:35:38 AM, Hayd wrote:
used said table while reading+doing some crafts

https://www.google.com...

I was practicing my whittling lol. I'm terribly but it is pretty relaxing to hunk away at wood while sitting in the sun.
Raisor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/20/2016 1:23:17 AM
At 4/20/2016 1:09:00 AM, Vaarka wrote:

That suuuuucks. I had a cold earlier in the week, I think I might have pretended it didn't exist a little bit to fully enjoy the weekend....but not much you can do with a 102 fever : /
Vaarka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/20/2016 1:33:14 AM
At 4/20/2016 1:23:17 AM, Raisor wrote:
At 4/20/2016 1:09:00 AM, Vaarka wrote:

That suuuuucks. I had a cold earlier in the week, I think I might have pretended it didn't exist a little bit to fully enjoy the weekend....but not much you can do with a 102 fever : /

I got to sleep a little on Sunday, but up until Sunday morning, I was on a campout, and the fever began to develop on Saturday
You're probably thinking right now "haha I'm a genius". Well you're not -Valkrin

inferno: "I don't know, are you attracted to women?"
ButterCatX: "No, Vaarka is mine!"

All hail scum Vaarka, wielder of the bastard sword, smiter of nations, destroyer of spiders -VOT

"Vaarka, I've been thinking about this for a long time now," (pulls out small box made of macaroni) "W-will you be my noodle buddy?" -Kirigaya
Hayd
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/20/2016 2:10:10 AM
At 4/20/2016 1:21:48 AM, Raisor wrote:
At 4/20/2016 12:35:38 AM, Hayd wrote:
used said table while reading+doing some crafts

https://www.google.com...

I was practicing my whittling lol. I'm terribly but it is pretty relaxing to hunk away at wood while sitting in the sun.

Very true, I respect that. I whittled while drinking iced tea listening to pink floyd one summer afternoon. good times...