Total Posts:136|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

All I do is win win win

Maikuru
Posts: 9,112
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/26/2016 12:12:59 AM
Posted: 7 months ago
What's something you're good at or trying to become good at? Maybe something you're better at than others you know.
"You assume I wouldn't want to burn this whole place to the ground."
- lamerde

https://i.imgflip.com...
Maikuru
Posts: 9,112
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/26/2016 12:14:26 AM
Posted: 7 months ago
I'm probably the best gamer I know. Video games, specifically, though I'm good at board games, too. It gets to the point where my friends won't play video games with me anymore because they don't think there's a point, which frustrates me because I just like playing for playing's sake.
"You assume I wouldn't want to burn this whole place to the ground."
- lamerde

https://i.imgflip.com...
Maikuru
Posts: 9,112
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/26/2016 12:16:03 AM
Posted: 7 months ago
I'm good at recognizing voices. It might have to do with the fact that in my house growing up, the tv was always on so I was constantly hearing and needing to distinguish voices.

I'm also pretty good at spotting liars. I've always been fascinated by lying - our ability to deceive others and protect ourselves from deception. I might write a post about it at some point.
"You assume I wouldn't want to burn this whole place to the ground."
- lamerde

https://i.imgflip.com...
Sam7411
Posts: 959
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/26/2016 12:21:24 AM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 4/26/2016 12:12:59 AM, Maikuru wrote:
What's something you're good at or trying to become good at? Maybe something you're better at than others you know.

Currently I am working on being a better orator, coversationalist, and debater. I'm skilled at turn based strategy games like Civ 5.
Also creative writing.
Axonly
Posts: 1,802
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/26/2016 12:21:35 AM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 4/26/2016 12:16:03 AM, Maikuru wrote:
I'm good at recognizing voices. It might have to do with the fact that in my house growing up, the tv was always on so I was constantly hearing and needing to distinguish voices.

I'm also pretty good at spotting liars. I've always been fascinated by lying - our ability to deceive others and protect ourselves from deception. I might write a post about it at some point.

Dunning-Kruger effect?
Meh!
Sam7411
Posts: 959
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/26/2016 12:25:27 AM
Posted: 7 months ago
Also, whenever I have a group project at school, I always take leadership and end up having an excellent grade. Also whrn theres an issue between students i'm always the one to form a comprise.

i'm an ENTJ/P. What can I say?
Maikuru
Posts: 9,112
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/26/2016 12:35:05 AM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 4/26/2016 12:21:24 AM, Sam7411 wrote:
At 4/26/2016 12:12:59 AM, Maikuru wrote:
What's something you're good at or trying to become good at? Maybe something you're better at than others you know.

Currently I am working on being a better orator, coversationalist, and debater. I'm skilled at turn based strategy games like Civ 5.
Also creative writing.

I've always struggled with creative writing. Do you have any tips?
"You assume I wouldn't want to burn this whole place to the ground."
- lamerde

https://i.imgflip.com...
Maikuru
Posts: 9,112
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/26/2016 12:36:10 AM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 4/26/2016 12:21:35 AM, Axonly wrote:
At 4/26/2016 12:16:03 AM, Maikuru wrote:
I'm good at recognizing voices. It might have to do with the fact that in my house growing up, the tv was always on so I was constantly hearing and needing to distinguish voices.

I'm also pretty good at spotting liars. I've always been fascinated by lying - our ability to deceive others and protect ourselves from deception. I might write a post about it at some point.

Dunning-Kruger effect?

I forgot about that. I'm great at assessing the Dunning-Kruger effect in others. What are you good at?
"You assume I wouldn't want to burn this whole place to the ground."
- lamerde

https://i.imgflip.com...
Maikuru
Posts: 9,112
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/26/2016 12:37:11 AM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 4/26/2016 12:25:27 AM, Sam7411 wrote:
Also, whenever I have a group project at school, I always take leadership and end up having an excellent grade. Also whrn theres an issue between students i'm always the one to form a comprise.

i'm an ENTJ/P. What can I say?

Do you take the leadership role purposefully or out of necessity?
"You assume I wouldn't want to burn this whole place to the ground."
- lamerde

https://i.imgflip.com...
lamerde
Posts: 1,416
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/26/2016 12:40:44 AM
Posted: 7 months ago
I never took you for a braggart :p Though I'll cosign on you being good at video games and recognizing voices.

I feel like I'm okay at a lot of things, but not really great at one thing. This semester was full of win for me though. I discovered I'm actually good at research. So boring haha
Why I ignore YYW:
http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...
Calling someone a bitch multiple times while claiming you're taking the high road is an art form, I suppose: http://www.debate.org...
Maikuru
Posts: 9,112
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/26/2016 12:43:11 AM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 4/26/2016 12:40:44 AM, lamerde wrote:
I never took you for a braggart :p Though I'll cosign on you being good at video games and recognizing voices.

I'm great at bragging. One of the best.

You're good at games, too. So long as there are no turrets =)

I feel like I'm okay at a lot of things, but not really great at one thing. This semester was full of win for me though. I discovered I'm actually good at research. So boring haha

You're great at research! You've taught me a lot.
"You assume I wouldn't want to burn this whole place to the ground."
- lamerde

https://i.imgflip.com...
1harderthanyouthink
Posts: 13,102
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/26/2016 12:46:20 AM
Posted: 7 months ago
I'm good at orating and writing. My biggest problem with my writing is that I tend to get stuck when my mind starts to buzz...my mind is hyperactive.
"It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here,
And I'm much obliged to you for making it clear - that I'm not here."

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
Maikuru
Posts: 9,112
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/26/2016 12:46:25 AM
Posted: 7 months ago
I'll start listing my estimates of things other people are good at:

Fourtrouble is great at reading people. He has great instincts and is amazing at finding people's underlying motivations. I think he'd be a good negotiator or investigative journalist.
"You assume I wouldn't want to burn this whole place to the ground."
- lamerde

https://i.imgflip.com...
Maikuru
Posts: 9,112
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/26/2016 12:49:23 AM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 4/26/2016 12:46:20 AM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
I'm good at orating and writing. My biggest problem with my writing is that I tend to get stuck when my mind starts to buzz...my mind is hyperactive.

I sometimes struggle with starting a paper. Any suggestions?
"You assume I wouldn't want to burn this whole place to the ground."
- lamerde

https://i.imgflip.com...
Maikuru
Posts: 9,112
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/26/2016 12:52:53 AM
Posted: 7 months ago
Harder is good at speaking his mind. People his age often hesitate to be open about their opinions, especially to strangers or in an open forum like this. It's a skill that will probably serve him well later in life.

Double R is amazing at deconstructing others' arguments. I think a big part of that is patience. You have to be able to take your time and really go point by point in detailing someone else's thinking, and he does that well.

PCP is really good at keeping his cool. He doesn't do it as much any more but in the past, he would slowly but efficiently lay waste to the misinformed occupants of the Religion forum, which certainly took a huge amount of inner peace.
"You assume I wouldn't want to burn this whole place to the ground."
- lamerde

https://i.imgflip.com...
lamerde
Posts: 1,416
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/26/2016 12:53:23 AM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 4/26/2016 12:43:11 AM, Maikuru wrote:

You're good at games, too. So long as there are no turrets =)

Why do those have to be a thing :(

You're great at research! You've taught me a lot.

Haha Aw.
Why I ignore YYW:
http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...
Calling someone a bitch multiple times while claiming you're taking the high road is an art form, I suppose: http://www.debate.org...
1harderthanyouthink
Posts: 13,102
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/26/2016 12:54:39 AM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 4/26/2016 12:52:53 AM, Maikuru wrote:
Harder is good at speaking his mind. People his age often hesitate to be open about their opinions, especially to strangers or in an open forum like this. It's a skill that will probably serve him well later in life.

I don't speak my mind that often. I only say/post what's on my mind about 25% of the time.
"It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here,
And I'm much obliged to you for making it clear - that I'm not here."

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
Maikuru
Posts: 9,112
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/26/2016 12:56:04 AM
Posted: 7 months ago
Lamerde is great at giving zero fucks. It's almost inspiring.

16kadams is good at debating. I seriously think he's one of the best on the site.

Budda is great at rap battles. He recently did one with TUF and his second rap was so good, I listened to it just to listen to it lol
"You assume I wouldn't want to burn this whole place to the ground."
- lamerde

https://i.imgflip.com...
1harderthanyouthink
Posts: 13,102
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/26/2016 12:56:18 AM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 4/26/2016 12:49:23 AM, Maikuru wrote:
At 4/26/2016 12:46:20 AM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
I'm good at orating and writing. My biggest problem with my writing is that I tend to get stuck when my mind starts to buzz...my mind is hyperactive.

I sometimes struggle with starting a paper. Any suggestions?

Starting is always the worst. I recommend never doing any prewriting or excessive drafting. Odds are that your first complete idea is your best.
"It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here,
And I'm much obliged to you for making it clear - that I'm not here."

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
Maikuru
Posts: 9,112
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/26/2016 1:00:41 AM
Posted: 7 months ago
Danielle is amazing at emasculating men and just emotionally and psychologically deconstructing them. She's certainly caused more guys to reconsider their life choices than anyone else I know.

Oryus is a great D&D mod, super creative, and just an overall joy. How do I point that succinctly? She's good at being awesome.
"You assume I wouldn't want to burn this whole place to the ground."
- lamerde

https://i.imgflip.com...
Maikuru
Posts: 9,112
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/26/2016 1:01:45 AM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 4/26/2016 12:54:39 AM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
At 4/26/2016 12:52:53 AM, Maikuru wrote:
Harder is good at speaking his mind. People his age often hesitate to be open about their opinions, especially to strangers or in an open forum like this. It's a skill that will probably serve him well later in life.

I don't speak my mind that often. I only say/post what's on my mind about 25% of the time.

That's hard to believe haha. What kinds of things do you hold back?
"You assume I wouldn't want to burn this whole place to the ground."
- lamerde

https://i.imgflip.com...
Opsianos
Posts: 1,155
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/26/2016 1:03:01 AM
Posted: 7 months ago
I'm like Sanic on the keyboard. I think I can go up to 120~130 words per minute if I concentrate hard enough.
Have no regrets.
Axonly
Posts: 1,802
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/26/2016 1:04:37 AM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 4/26/2016 12:36:10 AM, Maikuru wrote:
At 4/26/2016 12:21:35 AM, Axonly wrote:
At 4/26/2016 12:16:03 AM, Maikuru wrote:
I'm good at recognizing voices. It might have to do with the fact that in my house growing up, the tv was always on so I was constantly hearing and needing to distinguish voices.

I'm also pretty good at spotting liars. I've always been fascinated by lying - our ability to deceive others and protect ourselves from deception. I might write a post about it at some point.

Dunning-Kruger effect?

I forgot about that. I'm great at assessing the Dunning-Kruger effect in others. What are you good at?

Bias blind spot effect?
Meh!
lamerde
Posts: 1,416
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/26/2016 1:06:45 AM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 4/26/2016 12:36:10 AM, Maikuru wrote:
At 4/26/2016 12:21:35 AM, Axonly wrote:
At 4/26/2016 12:16:03 AM, Maikuru wrote:
I'm good at recognizing voices. It might have to do with the fact that in my house growing up, the tv was always on so I was constantly hearing and needing to distinguish voices.

I'm also pretty good at spotting liars. I've always been fascinated by lying - our ability to deceive others and protect ourselves from deception. I might write a post about it at some point.

Dunning-Kruger effect?

I forgot about that. I'm great at assessing the Dunning-Kruger effect in others. What are you good at?

LOL
Why I ignore YYW:
http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...
Calling someone a bitch multiple times while claiming you're taking the high road is an art form, I suppose: http://www.debate.org...
Maikuru
Posts: 9,112
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/26/2016 1:10:18 AM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 4/26/2016 1:03:01 AM, Opsianos wrote:
I'm like Sanic on the keyboard. I think I can go up to 120~130 words per minute if I concentrate hard enough.

I envy that! Did you have to practice to get that fast?
"You assume I wouldn't want to burn this whole place to the ground."
- lamerde

https://i.imgflip.com...
1harderthanyouthink
Posts: 13,102
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/26/2016 1:11:10 AM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 4/26/2016 1:01:45 AM, Maikuru wrote:
At 4/26/2016 12:54:39 AM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
At 4/26/2016 12:52:53 AM, Maikuru wrote:
Harder is good at speaking his mind. People his age often hesitate to be open about their opinions, especially to strangers or in an open forum like this. It's a skill that will probably serve him well later in life.

I don't speak my mind that often. I only say/post what's on my mind about 25% of the time.

That's hard to believe haha. What kinds of things do you hold back?

I have a lot of thoughts on philosophical topics that I don't talk about. Sometimes I'll write a thread in either politics, society, or philosophy that I just don't post. Sometimes I just go on stretches where I read about every thread on the site except for those in religion and science and only post about 5-10 times.
"It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here,
And I'm much obliged to you for making it clear - that I'm not here."

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
Opsianos
Posts: 1,155
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/26/2016 1:15:46 AM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 4/26/2016 1:10:18 AM, Maikuru wrote:
At 4/26/2016 1:03:01 AM, Opsianos wrote:
I'm like Sanic on the keyboard. I think I can go up to 120~130 words per minute if I concentrate hard enough.

I envy that! Did you have to practice to get that fast?

Kind of, but I think it's partially innate. I remember being able to already type over 60 WPM without looking at the keyboard by the time I got to middle school, and I took a computer class in 6th grade that included typing skills as part of the curriculum. I think I didn't have to participate in it, but I did it anyway just to see how fast I could go, lol. I remember being able to type "The quick brown fox jumped over the lazy dog" at 150 WPM then.

Actually, I'm going to go take a typing test and see how it goes.
Have no regrets.
Opsianos
Posts: 1,155
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/26/2016 1:16:19 AM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 4/26/2016 1:10:18 AM, Maikuru wrote:
At 4/26/2016 1:03:01 AM, Opsianos wrote:
I'm like Sanic on the keyboard. I think I can go up to 120~130 words per minute if I concentrate hard enough.

I envy that! Did you have to practice to get that fast?

Also, I played the piano for quite a while now, so those two abilities might be interconnected with each other.
Have no regrets.
Maikuru
Posts: 9,112
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/26/2016 1:18:53 AM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 4/26/2016 1:15:46 AM, Opsianos wrote:
At 4/26/2016 1:10:18 AM, Maikuru wrote:
At 4/26/2016 1:03:01 AM, Opsianos wrote:
I'm like Sanic on the keyboard. I think I can go up to 120~130 words per minute if I concentrate hard enough.

I envy that! Did you have to practice to get that fast?

Kind of, but I think it's partially innate. I remember being able to already type over 60 WPM without looking at the keyboard by the time I got to middle school, and I took a computer class in 6th grade that included typing skills as part of the curriculum. I think I didn't have to participate in it, but I did it anyway just to see how fast I could go, lol. I remember being able to type "The quick brown fox jumped over the lazy dog" at 150 WPM then.

Actually, I'm going to go take a typing test and see how it goes.

When I'm going all out, I type with maybe 8 fingers. I try to change that but I think it's been too long lol
"You assume I wouldn't want to burn this whole place to the ground."
- lamerde

https://i.imgflip.com...
Maikuru
Posts: 9,112
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/26/2016 1:19:32 AM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 4/26/2016 1:11:10 AM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
At 4/26/2016 1:01:45 AM, Maikuru wrote:
At 4/26/2016 12:54:39 AM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
At 4/26/2016 12:52:53 AM, Maikuru wrote:
Harder is good at speaking his mind. People his age often hesitate to be open about their opinions, especially to strangers or in an open forum like this. It's a skill that will probably serve him well later in life.

I don't speak my mind that often. I only say/post what's on my mind about 25% of the time.

That's hard to believe haha. What kinds of things do you hold back?

I have a lot of thoughts on philosophical topics that I don't talk about. Sometimes I'll write a thread in either politics, society, or philosophy that I just don't post. Sometimes I just go on stretches where I read about every thread on the site except for those in religion and science and only post about 5-10 times.

Damn. I wonder what your post count would be if you went all out.
"You assume I wouldn't want to burn this whole place to the ground."
- lamerde

https://i.imgflip.com...