Jump to topic:

Someone on DDO you want to be more like

Hayd
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/26/2016 10:47:32 PM
Posted: 7 months ago
Whose someone on DDO you want to be more like? Now this doesn't mean you want to "be" that person, but rather that you want to embody the good qualities that the person exemplifies; a role model if you will.

I strive to be more like Skep. He is awesome. When I think of skep I think of a square block of awesome sitting on my granite kitchen counter. He is extremely witty and clever. I can only last about two rounds with his witty comments before I am lost for words, and lacking of a comeback. He is hyperintelligent on DDO yet goofy in hangouts. He constantly contributes quality content to the site and is an awesome guy to talk to. He's a member that no one on the site can actually dislike, he's skep.
PetersSmith
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/26/2016 11:06:36 PM
At 4/26/2016 10:47:32 PM, Hayd wrote:
Whose someone on DDO you want to be more like? Now this doesn't mean you want to "be" that person, but rather that you want to embody the good qualities that the person exemplifies; a role model if you will.

I strive to be more like Skep. He is awesome. When I think of skep I think of a square block of awesome sitting on my granite kitchen counter. He is extremely witty and clever. I can only last about two rounds with his witty comments before I am lost for words, and lacking of a comeback. He is hyperintelligent on DDO yet goofy in hangouts. He constantly contributes quality content to the site and is an awesome guy to talk to. He's a member that no one on the site can actually dislike, he's skep.

I would definitely choose to be even more like myself.
Empress of DDO (also Poll and Forum "Maintenance" Moderator)

"The two most important days in your life is the day you were born, and the day you find out why."
~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet just because there's a picture with a quote next to it."
~Abraham Lincoln

Guide to the Polls Section: http://www.debate.org...
Hayd
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/26/2016 11:10:52 PM
At 4/26/2016 11:06:36 PM, PetersSmith wrote:

I would definitely choose to be even more like myself.

https://www.google.com...
Blade-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/26/2016 11:15:41 PM

There are two members for me: Bladerunner and Bluesteel.
Debate.org Deputy Vote Moderator
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
DDO Voting Guide: http://www.debate.org...
Need a judge on your debate? Nominate me! http://www.debate.org...
Hayd
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/26/2016 11:19:43 PM
At 4/26/2016 11:15:41 PM, Blade-of-Truth wrote:

Based off what I read they are both awesome people, especially in judging. Sadly I never got to know any of them ever, but there legacy lives on...

Did you know them personally?
Rosalie
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/26/2016 11:22:38 PM
Hmm.....good topic. I have 2 members that I admire, and wish I could be more like.

1) TUF

He is such a genuine person. He has a kind heart, and he is willing to talk to anyone, and learn about them despite their differences in beliefs, morals etc. He truly cares about his friends, and at and a up for them. He is willing to talk to anyone if they're going through a rough time, and need someone to talk to. He is extremely smart as well....and fun to argue with. :p

2) SolonKR

Whenever I am in a bad mood, Solon always seems to make me laugh. He is incredibly smart, and I know this because he and I once did a team debate, and I've also have talked to him a lot in hangouts. I wish I could always be as happy as he is, Lol..
" We need more videos of cat's playing the piano on the internet" - My art professor.

"Criticism is easier to take when you realize that the only people who aren't criticized are those who don't take risks." - Donald Trump

Officially Mrs. 16Kadams 8-30-16
Opsianos
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/26/2016 11:42:08 PM

Does anyone from the Religion Forum count?
Have no regrets.
PetersSmith
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/26/2016 11:43:50 PM
At 4/26/2016 11:42:08 PM, Opsianos wrote:

Of course not.
Empress of DDO (also Poll and Forum "Maintenance" Moderator)

"The two most important days in your life is the day you were born, and the day you find out why."
~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet just because there's a picture with a quote next to it."
~Abraham Lincoln

Guide to the Polls Section: http://www.debate.org...
Blade-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/26/2016 11:47:55 PM
At 4/26/2016 11:19:43 PM, Hayd wrote:
At 4/26/2016 11:15:41 PM, Blade-of-Truth wrote:

Based off what I read they are both awesome people, especially in judging. Sadly I never got to know any of them ever, but there legacy lives on...

Did you know them personally?

I didn't know them in real life or anything, but I actively chatted with both of them alot and we would speak with each other on a first name basis. I was closer to Bladerunner with personal matters, he was my go-to guy for advice alot of the time, and then I heavily relied on Bluesteel for anything related to debate, judging, or legal matters (since he was in law school and I'll be in the fall). He taught me alot in regards to voting properly when I first started my own voting group a few years ago as well.

They were both arguably the best members this site has ever had, or are at-least in the all-time top 10 when it comes to the thousands of members that come and go over the years.
Blade-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/26/2016 11:55:00 PM
At 4/26/2016 11:42:36 PM, Wylted wrote:
Airmax, he always carefully considers what he says/does, and never takes the low road

Yeah, that Airmax guy can be pretty cool sometimes.
ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/26/2016 11:57:09 PM
At 4/26/2016 11:55:00 PM, Blade-of-Truth wrote:
At 4/26/2016 11:42:36 PM, Wylted wrote:
Airmax, he always carefully considers what he says/does, and never takes the low road

Yeah, that Airmax guy can be pretty cool sometimes.

We all know you're an airmax multi. So vain... you want to be more like yourself...
Solonkr~
I don't care about whether an ideology is "necessary" or not,
I care about how to solve problems,
which is what everyone else should also care about.

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY
MY SHIP SAILEY MUST SAIL"

SCREW THAT SHIZ #BANNIE = BAILEY & ANNIE

P.S. Shipped Sailey before it was cannon bitches.
ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/26/2016 11:57:46 PM
Solon, Ken, Marie

They're all sexy, sweet, kind and adorable.
Solonkr~
I don't care about whether an ideology is "necessary" or not,
I care about how to solve problems,
which is what everyone else should also care about.

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY
MY SHIP SAILEY MUST SAIL"

SCREW THAT SHIZ #BANNIE = BAILEY & ANNIE

P.S. Shipped Sailey before it was cannon bitches.
RyuuKyuzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/27/2016 12:07:46 AM
That's a tough question considering I secretly hate you all :^)
If you're reading this, you're awesome and you should feel awesome.
Hayd
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/27/2016 12:11:52 AM

As long as they are a member of DDO, yeah.
Hayd
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/27/2016 12:12:35 AM

Although if it is a troll please don't
Hayd
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/27/2016 12:14:10 AM
At 4/27/2016 12:07:46 AM, RyuuKyuzo wrote:

Interesting how you call it a secret...
Opsianos
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/27/2016 12:16:46 AM
At 4/27/2016 12:12:35 AM, Hayd wrote:

Although if it is a troll please don't

What troll? There is not a single one in that forum. All of them are entirely rational and very intelligent speakers.
Have no regrets.
Opsianos
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/27/2016 12:19:41 AM
At 4/27/2016 12:11:52 AM, Hayd wrote:

This guy. http://www.debate.org...

Why, you ask?

http://www.debate.org...
Have no regrets.
RyuuKyuzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/27/2016 12:20:26 AM
At 4/27/2016 12:14:10 AM, Hayd wrote:

I'm just joking. I don't hate any of you.

Well, except for [Removed by DDO moderation]. I really f-----g hate [Removed by DDO moderation]
If you're reading this, you're awesome and you should feel awesome.
Hayd
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/27/2016 12:38:20 AM
At 4/27/2016 12:19:41 AM, Opsianos wrote:

Why, you ask?

That's awesome lol
Opsianos
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/27/2016 12:39:14 AM
At 4/27/2016 12:38:20 AM, Hayd wrote:
At 4/27/2016 12:19:41 AM, Opsianos wrote:

Why, you ask?

That's awesome lol

"some of you may want to know, now I am going to say whether you will be heaven or hell after you died:
Niqashmotawadi: in hell
Madcornishbiker; in heaven
annanicole: in heaven
bullproof: hell
Mikal: hell
mhykiel: heaven
fatihah: hell
Geogeer:heaven"

I have no idea who these people are, but this is hilarious.
Have no regrets.
Hayd
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/27/2016 12:39:18 AM
At 4/27/2016 12:20:26 AM, RyuuKyuzo wrote:
At 4/27/2016 12:14:10 AM, Hayd wrote:

I'm just joking. I don't hate any of you.

Well, except for [Removed by DDO moderation]. I really f-----g hate [Removed by DDO moderation]

Nice new alias the DDO elite are using
Emmarie
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/27/2016 12:54:17 AM

Believe it or not - Lamerde - who a week after I joined, I didn't believe was the same person as a past member (we all know who). After doing quite a bit of "research" on 3 members of which I found myself in the middle of some drama that began way before I joined this site, I came to realize that Lamerde changed because she was never given the credit she was due. This: http://www.debate.org...
was one of many pages that I read where I learned the truth about how she was blamed by more than one member for drama and even called a bully. Not so, she is assertive, but never a bully. So I'd like to be more like Lamerde, and learn to stand up for myself without resorting to cussing anyone out. If standing up for myself gets me called a bully - oh well.
This thread spoke volumes to me as well:

It took quite a bit of time to read through many threads to find the complete truth, but if I would fail to post my findings, I would fail to make amends for jumping to the wrong conclusions after my first week on here. Why am I bringing this up again? Because I'm real and admit when i make mistakes, unlike a member who is so 2 faced, I won't even mention by name. It's not Lamerde and it's not Maikuru though. It's an instigator who thrives off the excitement of drama rather than any substantial discourse.
SamStevens
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/27/2016 2:00:22 AM

1. Skep&YYW- They both are very good at articulating their thoughts with words. In addition to this, they both have a sizable lexicon and have plenty of life experience.

2. Solon(clown)- He is very easy going and appears to lack the ability to hold onto things(grudges, etc) and appears to be a pretty happy person.
"This is the true horror of religion. It allows perfectly decent and sane people to believe by the billions, what only lunatics could believe on their own." Sam Harris
Life asked Death "Why do people love me but hate you?"
Death responded: "Because you are a beautiful lie, and I am the painful truth."