Jump to topic:

Obligatory Goodbye thread.

Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2016 11:10:52 PM
Posted: 7 months ago
I have got to take a long, possibly permanent hiatus from DDO. This is an awesome place, addictive, and I have made many friends. Some of whom I will acknowledge in a different thread. I will outline the personal decisions for this below.

I forget who originally said it, but to paraphrase. "perfection is not in how much you add, but in how much you take away". I've always lived like that where I could, though I have definitely fallen short. DDO is one of those things I have to cut away.

I have always been a scatter brain, working on a hundred projects at once, seeing none to completion. I have educated myself in many fields. Studying something, anything for anywhere between 2 and 10 hours a day. Whenever I have accomplished anything in life, I have immediately burned it to the ground afterword, fearing that if I didn't I could end up as CEO in some company I hated, basically forcing me to stick to that path in life. I have known more about what I don't want, than what I do.

I have had a lack of direction, and a lack of focus. I don't know how I've done it, but I now have a vision. I know exactly what direction I want to go with everything. My vision is becoming more crystal clear everyday, and this was happening before my recent conversion to Christianity, so it has nothing to do with that.

I am currently teaching myself coding, which is part of the bigger picture I have for myself. A bigger picture I won't get into at the moment. I have a choice, either I can go onto DDO for 5 minutes which will turn into an hour or instead I can use that time to teach myself a valuable skill. Even if I just come on for 5 minutes, that is 5 minutes I could be coding.

The only 3 things that at important to me at the moment are Jesus, my family and my personal education. These are the only things I wish to focus on. I am on DDO mostly for fun and socializing lately anyway, and I can do both those things with my family as well as my mentors in church as well as in learning coding.

I do love you guys, and this is one of about 3 posts I am making before I leave before morning, either permanently or semi- permanently. Anyone who misses me enough can contact me through wylted82 at gmail or through my facebook. You'll have to ask Blade of Truth who I am on Facebook though, I need a bit of a filter on giving that information out, he can use his own discretion in giving that information out.

Please read the few upcoming threads I have on shout outs to everyone with honest assessments of you that are positive and negative. Your name is probably in there, and if not I apologize.
Geogeer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2016 11:37:43 PM
At 5/2/2016 11:10:52 PM, Wylted wrote:
I have got to take a long, possibly permanent hiatus from DDO. This is an awesome place, addictive, and I have made many friends. Some of whom I will acknowledge in a different thread. I will outline the personal decisions for this below.

I forget who originally said it, but to paraphrase. "perfection is not in how much you add, but in how much you take away". I've always lived like that where I could, though I have definitely fallen short. DDO is one of those things I have to cut away.

I have always been a scatter brain, working on a hundred projects at once, seeing none to completion. I have educated myself in many fields. Studying something, anything for anywhere between 2 and 10 hours a day. Whenever I have accomplished anything in life, I have immediately burned it to the ground afterword, fearing that if I didn't I could end up as CEO in some company I hated, basically forcing me to stick to that path in life. I have known more about what I don't want, than what I do.

I have had a lack of direction, and a lack of focus. I don't know how I've done it, but I now have a vision. I know exactly what direction I want to go with everything. My vision is becoming more crystal clear everyday, and this was happening before my recent conversion to Christianity, so it has nothing to do with that.

I am currently teaching myself coding, which is part of the bigger picture I have for myself. A bigger picture I won't get into at the moment. I have a choice, either I can go onto DDO for 5 minutes which will turn into an hour or instead I can use that time to teach myself a valuable skill. Even if I just come on for 5 minutes, that is 5 minutes I could be coding.

The only 3 things that at important to me at the moment are Jesus, my family and my personal education. These are the only things I wish to focus on. I am on DDO mostly for fun and socializing lately anyway, and I can do both those things with my family as well as my mentors in church as well as in learning coding.

I do love you guys, and this is one of about 3 posts I am making before I leave before morning, either permanently or semi- permanently. Anyone who misses me enough can contact me through wylted82 at gmail or through my facebook. You'll have to ask Blade of Truth who I am on Facebook though, I need a bit of a filter on giving that information out, he can use his own discretion in giving that information out.

Please read the few upcoming threads I have on shout outs to everyone with honest assessments of you that are positive and negative. Your name is probably in there, and if not I apologize.

Young kids do this to you. Best wishes my friend... I will send you an e-mail to keep in touch.
Emmarie
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2016 11:41:00 PM

I know that I barely know you and that I harassed you on your thread a few weeks ago, but I just wanted to say that I apologize if I caused you any additional stress in addition to any stress you are facing in your face to face life. I'd also like to inform you that your presence on this site, when I first became a member was what made me believe that I could be myself here and make friends.

You really do stand out as an individual, and your vulnerability is apparent in your posts and what makes you the realest person that i have encountered on this site. I guess it is why I was so hard on you, because truthfully I was jealous that you can find acceptance being yourself, but I don't seem to ever have that luxury.

The most valuable thing in my life outside of my family and my belief in God, is keeping it real and admitting when I am wrong, or defending myself to the end when I am right. I was wrong for attacking you on your thread - and I just want you to know that I hope you find your direction in life, and never lose that vulnerable likable quality that you possess.
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2016 11:55:22 PM
I know that I barely know you and that I harassed you on your thread a few weeks ago, but I just wanted to say that I apologize if I caused you any additional stress in addition to any stress you are facing in your face to face life. I'd also like to inform you that your presence on this site, when I first became a member was what made me believe that I could be myself here and make friends.

You nor the site have been stressful, just distracting. I am myself here more than in real life. I share my vulnerabilities here, even personality defects because I don't feel like I can in real life. I am creating a few more threads before leaving, but I just want you to know;

You are extremely special. Your attention to detail, and the bull dogged way you try to figure things out are incredible strengths, but our strengths can also be weaknesses. Don't lose those strengths, but don't let them be your downfall either. There are very few people that impress or intrigue me, and despite not knowing you well, and your sometimes hostile nature towards me, I have always respected you.

You really do stand out as an individual, and your vulnerability is apparent in your posts and what makes you the realest person that i have encountered on this site. I guess it is why I was so hard on you, because truthfully I was jealous that you can find acceptance being yourself, but I don't seem to ever have that luxury.

I hope that changes for you, but as long as you can be real for a single person, that should be enough to stay same. Just keep looking for that special person, and after you have done your due diligence, take a leap of faith and trust them with your true self.

The most valuable thing in my life outside of my family and my belief in God, is keeping it real and admitting when I am wrong, or defending myself to the end when I am right. I was wrong for attacking you on your thread - and I just want you to know that I hope you find your direction in life, and never lose that vulnerable likable quality that you possess.

Thank you
PetersSmith
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/3/2016 12:11:31 AM

Despite the fact I don't like you, it's unfortunate to see such a staple amongst the community go.
Empress of DDO (also Poll and Forum "Maintenance" Moderator)

"The two most important days in your life is the day you were born, and the day you find out why."
~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet just because there's a picture with a quote next to it."
~Abraham Lincoln

Guide to the Polls Section: http://www.debate.org...
NewLifeChristian
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/3/2016 12:12:08 AM

Congratulations on becoming a Christian, Wylted. I remember the day and when and where I became one. I'd like to keep in-touch; however, my e-mail has been compromised a couple of times recently, and I don't want to accidentally send you a virus, so unfortunately this will probably be the last time I'll talk to you. Anyway, best wishes and God bless! Good luck with coding.
Pro-Life Quotes:

"I've noticed that everyone who is for abortion has already been born."
- Ronald Reagan

"The care of human life and happiness, and not their destruction, is the first and only object of good government."
- Thomas Jefferson

"A person is a person no matter how small."
- Dr. Seuss
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/3/2016 12:12:55 AM
At 5/3/2016 12:11:31 AM, PetersSmith wrote:

Despite the fact I don't like you, it's unfortunate to see such a staple amongst the community go.

That is the closest thing I have ever got to a compliment from you, I'll take it. Thanks
Sam7411
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/3/2016 12:27:51 AM
I will always remember that you were the first one to finally vote on one of my debates. I know it was only about sources, which is pretty sad, it gave me enough confidence to finally, and actually, get involved in the forums which I love so much now. Thank you.

You leave us with DK and Imabench left. Wish us luck.
XLAV
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/3/2016 12:39:58 AM
You became Christian again? Da fuq.

Anyway, I'll miss you Wylted. This is the first goodbye thread that I've actually felt sad. I hope you know that your debates were the first debates I've ever read on DDO and they influenced me to be part of this community.

Good bye and good luck with your coding. Everyone here will miss you greatly.
Dragon_of_Christ
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/3/2016 12:44:00 AM

Are you learning ja<x>vascript?

We could work together to make stuff.

I code html.

And know a few tricks.
Jesus loves you.

////////////

-Funny Links-
http://tinyurl.com...

Stupid atheist remarks #: 6
Dragon_of_Christ
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/3/2016 12:45:36 AM
Screw this thread btw.

Nobody cared when i said i was leaving.
Jesus loves you.

////////////

-Funny Links-

dsjpk5
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/3/2016 1:01:22 AM

You will be missed!
If that was the only issue, then vote moderation could be avoided more often, since a vote in which the voter does explain sufficiently how at least one point a debater made swung their vote, would be considered sufficient. -Airmax
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/3/2016 1:01:28 AM
At 5/3/2016 12:44:00 AM, Dragon_of_Christ wrote:

I code html.

And know a few tricks.

I know HTML/CSS and am learning ja<x>vascript. I think I'll be proficient in it in a few months, you can contact the email I provided if you want to work on something. I am open to things
Vox_Veritas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/3/2016 1:16:38 AM
I am very glad to hear that you have become a Christian, and I wish you luck in your life outside of DDO and off of the internet. Goodbye, Wylted.
Call me Vox, the Resident Contrarian of debate.org.

The DDO Blog:
https://debatedotorg.wordpress.com...

#drinkthecoffeenotthekoolaid
Vox_Veritas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/3/2016 1:29:30 AM
Also, for what it's worth, you were one of my favourite members of this Site.
Call me Vox, the Resident Contrarian of debate.org.

The DDO Blog:
https://debatedotorg.wordpress.com...

#drinkthecoffeenotthekoolaid
Vaarka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/3/2016 1:55:50 AM

Sorry to see you go, Wylted. Good luck with your magic coding beans!
You're probably thinking right now "haha I'm a genius". Well you're not -Valkrin

inferno: "I don't know, are you attracted to women?"
ButterCatX: "No, Vaarka is mine!"

All hail scum Vaarka, wielder of the bastard sword, smiter of nations, destroyer of spiders -VOT

"Vaarka, I've been thinking about this for a long time now," (pulls out small box made of macaroni) "W-will you be my noodle buddy?" -Kirigaya
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/3/2016 1:57:44 AM
Have fun, you'll be missed.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/3/2016 2:22:27 AM
At 5/3/2016 1:57:44 AM, lannan13 wrote:

Last post. Loved having you in my team, I hope you can continue to craft the portion of Rosalie's platform geared towards the poll section, your input is essential
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/3/2016 2:32:59 AM
At 5/3/2016 2:22:27 AM, Wylted wrote:
At 5/3/2016 1:57:44 AM, lannan13 wrote:

Last post. Loved having you in my team, I hope you can continue to craft the portion of Rosalie's platform geared towards the poll section, your input is essential

I'll do what I can.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
Dragon_of_Christ
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/3/2016 3:05:21 AM
At 5/3/2016 1:01:28 AM, Wylted wrote:
At 5/3/2016 12:44:00 AM, Dragon_of_Christ wrote:

I code html.

And know a few tricks.

I know HTML/CSS and am learning ja<x>vascript. I think I'll be proficient in it in a few months, you can contact the email I provided if you want to work on something. I am open to things

You can see the album "My Progress In HTML". XD

I am better than all of that now.

It is all laughable in there.
Jesus loves you.

////////////

-Funny Links-

famousdebater
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/3/2016 3:15:06 PM
At 5/3/2016 12:45:36 AM, Dragon_of_Christ wrote:
Nobody cared when i said i was leaving.

This is important for 2 major reasons. Firstly, Wylted is one of the most well known members on the site. Secondly, Wylted was running for presidency and if nobody knew then it would create complications.
"Life calls the tune, we dance."
John Galsworthy
n7
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/3/2016 3:54:30 PM

Wyled = "Missed"
While Wylted == "Missed":
Print ("Goodbye and Good luck")

Infinite goodbyes and good lucks for you.

404 coherent debate topic not found. Please restart the debate with clear resolution.

Uphold Marxist-Leninist-Maoist-Sargonist-n7ism.
Kirigaya-Kazuto
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/3/2016 5:07:25 PM

I hate to see you go but I love to watch you leave.

But in all honesty you will be missed. Stay strong Wylted
#Don'tlookatDATXDUDE'sprofilebecauseyoureyeswillexplode ~ Petfish
#Treebrokethechurchbells ~ Discipulus_Didicit
Don't quote me ~fire_wings
If anyone's getting modkilled, it's kiri. Just for his sig. ~Seventh
Yes ~Vaarka
No ~Rosalie
Ya clown ~Solon
OSU! ~Vaarka