Jump to topic:

I love my dog

Raisor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/3/2016 11:50:33 PM
Posted: 7 months ago
My dog rolls around on the floor until I rub her belly, and this brings me great joy. She also growls when strangers come to the door, which I appreciate for peace of mind. My dog hides under the bed when I run the dishwasher, and I feel sort of bad but she needs to toughen up.

Dogs are great, I would recommend them to anyone without allergies.
Sam7411
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/4/2016 1:51:50 AM
At 5/3/2016 11:50:33 PM, Raisor wrote:
My dog rolls around on the floor until I rub her belly, and this brings me great joy. She also growls when strangers come to the door, which I appreciate for peace of mind. My dog hides under the bed when I run the dishwasher, and I feel sort of bad but she needs to toughen up.

Definitely. My dog is my companion, heater, guardian, pillow, comedian, and friend.
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/4/2016 3:24:01 AM

Pics please.
ColeTrain
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/4/2016 3:46:55 AM

Well played. :P
"The right to 360 noscope noobs shall not be infringed!!!" -- tajshar2k
"So, to start off, I've never committed suicide." -- Vaarka
"I eat glue." -- brontoraptor
"I mean, at this rate, I'd argue for a ham sandwich presidency." -- ResponsiblyIrresponsible
"Overthrow Assad, heil jihad." -- 16kadams when trolling in hangout
"Hillary Clinton is not my favorite person ... and her campaign is as inspiring as a bowl of cottage cheese." -- YYW
Sam7411
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/4/2016 3:49:36 AM
At 5/4/2016 3:24:01 AM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:

Pics please.

My dog is cuter his name is Bear :)
See my link!
Sam7411
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/4/2016 12:29:21 PM
At 5/4/2016 12:13:29 PM, Raisor wrote:
At 5/4/2016 2:03:21 AM, Sam7411 wrote:
http://www.debate.org...

lol your dog is pretty chill with accessorizing.

The only thing he doesn't try to get off are the sunglasses. I don't know why. And those cute neon shoes were for the playing in the snow because the ice would get stuck his paws.

He's a chill dawg
Vaarka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/4/2016 12:59:45 PM
At 5/4/2016 12:56:16 PM, The_Great_Amalgam wrote:
Sometimes I curse my irrational fear of dogs and other canines.

Curse you irrational fear.

I have an irrational fear of thunder.
Well, it's not bad I guess. It usually just puts me on edge or something. It only REALLY scares me when it's like...right above me and really loud (like, makes the ground vibrate)
You're probably thinking right now "haha I'm a genius". Well you're not -Valkrin

inferno: "I don't know, are you attracted to women?"
ButterCatX: "No, Vaarka is mine!"

All hail scum Vaarka, wielder of the bastard sword, smiter of nations, destroyer of spiders -VOT

"Vaarka, I've been thinking about this for a long time now," (pulls out small box made of macaroni) "W-will you be my noodle buddy?" -Kirigaya
The_Great_Amalgam
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/4/2016 1:00:58 PM
At 5/4/2016 12:59:45 PM, Vaarka wrote:

Well, it's not bad I guess. It usually just puts me on edge or something. It only REALLY scares me when it's like...right above me and really loud (like, makes the ground vibrate)

Just remember thunder can't kill you, the Lightning though, you dead mate!
Vaarka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/4/2016 1:05:38 PM
At 5/4/2016 1:00:58 PM, The_Great_Amalgam wrote:

Whether or not if it can kill me isn't the problem. If I was only scared of things that could kill me, I'd be an introverted no life who sat in his room all day reading books with a dimmed light on.
We're all scared of something, even if it won't/can't kill us (or at least is highly unlikely to). Like maybe certain animals, or bugs.
You're probably thinking right now "haha I'm a genius". Well you're not -Valkrin

All hail scum Vaarka, wielder of the bastard sword, smiter of nations, destroyer of spiders -VOT

"Vaarka, I've been thinking about this for a long time now," (pulls out small box made of macaroni) "W-will you be my noodle buddy?" -Kirigaya
The_Great_Amalgam
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/4/2016 1:24:01 PM
At 5/4/2016 1:05:38 PM, Vaarka wrote:

Whether or not if it can kill me isn't the problem. If I was only scared of things that could kill me, I'd be an introverted no life who sat in his room all day reading books with a dimmed light on.
We're all scared of something, even if it won't/can't kill us (or at least is highly unlikely to). Like maybe certain animals, or bugs.

I agree. And I do understand the fear of Thunder, I just meant that comment as a bad joke. When a loud crack in the sky roars, we jump and some people cower. But this is a topic about dogs, not fear (though that would make a good topic).
Vaarka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/4/2016 1:38:31 PM
At 5/4/2016 1:24:01 PM, The_Great_Amalgam wrote:

I agree. And I do understand the fear of Thunder, I just meant that comment as a bad joke. When a loud crack in the sky roars, we jump and some people cower. But this is a topic about dogs, not fear (though that would make a good topic).

Lol, you were talking about an irrational fear, and it made me think of that from last night XD
It doesn't help that we seem to have a long line of storms coming up this week. Bad storms every day since Sunday and probably another coming in today

The_Great_Amalgam
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/4/2016 1:44:41 PM
At 5/4/2016 1:38:31 PM, Vaarka wrote:

Lol, you were talking about an irrational fear, and it made me think of that from last night XD
It doesn't help that we seem to have a long line of storms coming up this week. Bad storms every day since Sunday and probably another coming in today

True. It makes sense that we are getting more storms since we are heading near summer (at least I know I am :P)

Back to the subject, the reason for my main irrational fear of dogs is because when I was little, our dog wrapped their leash around my feet, ran and tripped me. At least, that's what I think caused it. I don't remember.
Vaarka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/4/2016 1:49:27 PM
At 5/4/2016 1:44:41 PM, The_Great_Amalgam wrote:

True. It makes sense that we are getting more storms since we are heading near summer (at least I know I am :P)

Back to the subject, the reason for my main irrational fear of dogs is because when I was little, our dog wrapped their leash around my feet, ran and tripped me. At least, that's what I think caused it. I don't remember.

XD I would've loved to see that.

The_Great_Amalgam
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/4/2016 1:53:47 PM
At 5/4/2016 1:49:27 PM, Vaarka wrote:

If you loved to see that then you would've loved to see my dresser fall on my back.
Vaarka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/4/2016 1:57:10 PM
At 5/4/2016 1:53:47 PM, The_Great_Amalgam wrote:

If you loved to see that then you would've loved to see my dresser fall on my back.

Ow.
But I imagine you being in that video where the little girl (in the pink coat) is holding her dog's leash, and says "GO!", and the dog charges forward and she just gets pulled and faceplants, going "PLEUHH" or whatever XD

The_Great_Amalgam
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/4/2016 1:59:44 PM
At 5/4/2016 1:57:10 PM, Vaarka wrote:

Ow.
But I imagine you being in that video where the little girl (in the pink coat) is holding her dog's leash, and says "GO!", and the dog charges forward and she just gets pulled and faceplants, going "PLEUHH" or whatever XD

Is it bad that I always laugh really hard when I see that video? Am I a bad man?
Vaarka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/4/2016 2:01:28 PM
At 5/4/2016 1:59:44 PM, The_Great_Amalgam wrote:
At 5/4/2016 1:57:10 PM, Vaarka wrote:

Ow.

Is it bad that I always laugh really hard when I see that video? Am I a bad man?

No, laughing at that video confirms you to be a good, living person.

famousdebater
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/4/2016 3:52:28 PM

Cats > dogs.
"Life calls the tune, we dance."
John Galsworthy
lamerde
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/4/2016 4:06:15 PM
At 5/4/2016 2:03:21 AM, Sam7411 wrote:

So cute!!
Why I ignore YYW:
Calling someone a bitch multiple times while claiming you're taking the high road is an art form, I suppose: http://www.debate.org...
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/4/2016 6:11:04 PM

What kind of dog?
Tsar of DDO
Sam7411
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/4/2016 6:19:00 PM
At 5/4/2016 3:52:28 PM, famousdebater wrote:

Cats > dogs.

No way. Dogs are far better than cats. Not only are they cute lovable companions, but they are useful as well.
famousdebater
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/4/2016 6:20:47 PM
At 5/4/2016 6:19:00 PM, Sam7411 wrote:

Cats > dogs.

No way. Dogs are far better than cats. Not only are they cute lovable companions, but they are useful as well.

Lol, debate me.
John Galsworthy
Sam7411
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/4/2016 6:24:08 PM
At 5/4/2016 6:20:47 PM, famousdebater wrote:

Cats > dogs.

Lol, debate me.

I will challenge you to a debate! If I have the time....
famousdebater
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/4/2016 6:26:19 PM
At 5/4/2016 6:24:08 PM, Sam7411 wrote:
At 5/4/2016 6:20:47 PM, famousdebater wrote:

Cats > dogs.

Lol, debate me.

I will challenge you to a debate! If I have the time....

I'm free next week.
John Galsworthy
Raisor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/5/2016 12:38:19 AM
At 5/4/2016 6:11:04 PM, YYW wrote:

What kind of dog?

Some sort of pitbull bulldog mutt.
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/5/2016 12:46:46 AM
At 5/5/2016 12:38:19 AM, Raisor wrote:
At 5/4/2016 6:11:04 PM, YYW wrote:

What kind of dog?

Some sort of pitbull bulldog mutt.

Nice. I love pitbulls, and mutts make the best dogs.
Tsar of DDO
bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/5/2016 6:16:36 AM

Lol. This is a cute post.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...