Total Posts:22|Showing Posts:1-22
Jump to topic:

I love my cat

Blade-of-Truth
Posts: 5,035
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/4/2016 12:51:04 AM
Posted: 7 months ago
My cat lays around on the floor until I rub her belly, and this brings me great joy. She also runs to me when I come through the door, which I appreciate after a long day. My cat never hides under the bed, she's brave and catches lizards in my house.

Cats are great, I would recommend them to anyone without allergies.
Debate.org Deputy Vote Moderator
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
DDO Voting Guide: http://www.debate.org...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Need a judge on your debate? Nominate me! http://www.debate.org...
Peepette
Posts: 1,238
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/4/2016 1:09:21 AM
Posted: 7 months ago
I love my cat as well. Meets me at the door and gives me a hello meow. He's a lap cat and very insistent in sitting there, especially in the mornings while trying to drink my coffee. His favorite place in the world is draped over my husband's shoulders like a scarf, which he does most of the time. He lets us know when he wants to play. He runs up to us, gives a bird like chirp, then runs away. If we don't follow he stops and turns and gives us the " aren't you coming look?" He sometimes get a bit too excited and runs through the house like a bat out of hell for absolutely no reason at all. He's an entertaining little bugger.
ColeTrain
Posts: 4,313
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/4/2016 1:43:01 AM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 5/4/2016 12:51:04 AM, Blade-of-Truth wrote:
My cat lays around on the floor until I rub her belly, and this brings me great joy. She also runs to me when I come through the door, which I appreciate after a long day. My cat never hides under the bed, she's brave and catches lizards in my house.

Cats are great, I would recommend them to anyone without allergies.

Lol, +1
"The right to 360 noscope noobs shall not be infringed!!!" -- tajshar2k
"So, to start off, I've never committed suicide." -- Vaarka
"I eat glue." -- brontoraptor
"I mean, at this rate, I'd argue for a ham sandwich presidency." -- ResponsiblyIrresponsible
"Overthrow Assad, heil jihad." -- 16kadams when trolling in hangout
"Hillary Clinton is not my favorite person ... and her campaign is as inspiring as a bowl of cottage cheese." -- YYW
tejretics
Posts: 6,089
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/4/2016 3:36:44 PM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 5/4/2016 12:51:04 AM, Blade-of-Truth wrote:
My cat lays around on the floor until I rub her belly, and this brings me great joy. She also runs to me when I come through the door, which I appreciate after a long day. My cat never hides under the bed, she's brave and catches lizards in my house.

Cats are great, I would recommend them to anyone without allergies.

Aww..
"Where justice is denied, where poverty is enforced, where ignorance prevails, and where any one class is made to feel that society is an organized conspiracy to oppress, rob and degrade them, neither persons nor property will be safe." - Frederick Douglass
lamerde
Posts: 1,416
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/4/2016 4:08:31 PM
Posted: 7 months ago
Maikuru and I are looking to get a cat this year. I've never had a pet (other than fish). I'd prefer a dog but I've heard cats are easier, especially for people who don't have a lot of time. Any advice?
Why I ignore YYW:
http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...
Calling someone a bitch multiple times while claiming you're taking the high road is an art form, I suppose: http://www.debate.org...
Vaarka
Posts: 7,611
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/4/2016 4:55:33 PM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 5/4/2016 4:08:31 PM, lamerde wrote:
Maikuru and I are looking to get a cat this year. I've never had a pet (other than fish). I'd prefer a dog but I've heard cats are easier, especially for people who don't have a lot of time. Any advice?

I think during the early stages, both require attention and whatnot, but cats are probably easier to deal with if you have less time. Both are good though, but I can't be the best judge.

And tbh, I know puppies need a lot when they're <6 months, because I have one rn. Cats, however, I'm not so sure about. We have cats, but they're been around for a while, and I was too young to really remember/understand what kind of attention/care they needed.

Oh, and if I'm right, puppies destroy your stuff because they're teething, and kittens claw your stuff because they're...clawing...yeah.
You're probably thinking right now "haha I'm a genius". Well you're not -Valkrin

inferno: "I don't know, are you attracted to women?"
ButterCatX: "No, Vaarka is mine!"

All hail scum Vaarka, wielder of the bastard sword, smiter of nations, destroyer of spiders -VOT

"Vaarka, I've been thinking about this for a long time now," (pulls out small box made of macaroni) "W-will you be my noodle buddy?" -Kirigaya
Kirigaya-Kazuto
Posts: 1,050
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/4/2016 5:12:28 PM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 5/4/2016 4:08:31 PM, lamerde wrote:
Maikuru and I are looking to get a cat this year. I've never had a pet (other than fish). I'd prefer a dog but I've heard cats are easier, especially for people who don't have a lot of time. Any advice?

Dogs/Puppies are definitely the better companions. They love to go everywhere with you, cuddle you, and can be trained for numerous things. They can tell if their owner is about to have a diabetic/pancreatic attack, seizure etc. They protect your home.

Cats/Kittens are the cuter, cocky pets. They only come over if they want to usually, they only stick around usually if you feed them. Of course these can be trained to be more loving but it's more time.
#Don'tlookatDATXDUDE'sprofilebecauseyoureyeswillexplode ~ Petfish
#Treebrokethechurchbells ~ Discipulus_Didicit
Don't quote me ~fire_wings
If anyone's getting modkilled, it's kiri. Just for his sig. ~Seventh
Yes ~Vaarka
No ~Rosalie
Ya clown ~Solon
OSU! ~Vaarka
Peepette
Posts: 1,238
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/4/2016 6:32:07 PM
Posted: 7 months ago
If you are thinking of getting a cat, what I did to get one that was affectionate is sit in the middle of several in the shelter. The one that came up to me was the one I took. Not only did he come up but, climbed up to my shoulder and snuggled in my neck. I knew he was a keeper and still is 8 years later.
famousdebater
Posts: 3,941
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/4/2016 6:36:02 PM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 5/4/2016 4:08:31 PM, lamerde wrote:
Maikuru and I are looking to get a cat this year. I've never had a pet (other than fish). I'd prefer a dog but I've heard cats are easier, especially for people who don't have a lot of time. Any advice?

Cats are better than dogs. They are significantly easier to look after (as you mention) and they can be as friendly, if not friendlier than dogs (if that's why you say you'd prefer a dog).
"Life calls the tune, we dance."
John Galsworthy
Blade-of-Truth
Posts: 5,035
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/4/2016 7:11:01 PM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 5/4/2016 4:08:31 PM, lamerde wrote:
Maikuru and I are looking to get a cat this year. I've never had a pet (other than fish). I'd prefer a dog but I've heard cats are easier, especially for people who don't have a lot of time. Any advice?

I've grown up with four dogs in my life, all of which we got as puppies and one of which has already passed on from old age... I've also raised two cats from near-birth, with one literally being born under my bed, lol. So I do have a good grasp on what to expect from both throughout the entire experience of having them as pets and companions.

Dogs are more sociable, they are more responsive, more obedient or receptive to commands, and because of this people tend to believe that dogs are smarter than cats. I can assure you that it ultimately comes down to the animal itself, I've seen smart dogs and dumb ones, smart cats and dumb ones. So to start, don't let receptiveness to commands define their intelligence for you. The two cats I have now are incredibly smart, but still sometimes stare at me when I "tell" them to come here (more on this later though).

Cats are more independent, so much so that most professionals don't even agree with the term "domesticated cat" because at the end of the day - they aren't really domesticated at all. With this said, they are MUCH easier to handle, and to train. With dogs, especially puppies, you need to potty-train them (house-break them), and this can be a very trying time for any new dog owner. With cats, they somehow inherently know to use a litter box, it's quite weird to be honest. You simply place them in the litter box as a kitten and they will automatically go, and from that point on (you might have to place them in it a few times the second you see them trying to potty elsewhere) they know to use that litter box. This also comes in handy if you *are* busy at this point in your life because you don't need to worry about coming home to "let them out" or "take them for a walk". As long as they have access to their litter box, you need not worry.

Food wise cats seem to have a good control. I prefer to get mine a dry-food mix that has Chicken or some other meat protein listed as the first ingredient, rather than corn meal which is the first ingredient listed on some lesser-quality products. It's just a health thing, and ultimately I'd recommend a raw meat diet if its affordable (for me it isn't affordable quite yet). They are fine with city water from the sink and my own personal motto is that if I wouldn't drink the water, then they aren't either.

Fleas and worms with cats are easily manageable too. I give them a 3-month flea treatment that is a liquid I put on the back of their neck (a place they can't reach with their own tongue while cleaning themselves) and they're good to go after a day or two of hating you for doing that to them, lol. Some cats will accompany you for walks around the neighborhood, but I keep mine solely indoor due to all the wild cats around my area.

Socially, cats are actually incredibly loving and dependent on the owner for attention. It's just that it's on their time, rather than yours. When they want loving though, they reward you with a pleasant purring and deep loving gaze. They are also capable of commands, but you have to pick up on it as an owner. For instance, the mother cat doesn't come when I call her name, but she does come when I whistle. Her son, on the other hand, does come when I call his name. So it's a unique set of commands for each one. They also understand common speech sound patterns, and can understand even the slightest distinction. For instance, when I say "you guys wanna eat" they instantly run to the food bowl, but when I say "you guys wanna treat" they run to the cabinet the treats are kept in. It's crazy that they know the distinction between "eat" and "treat" since they sound the same when pronounced, but they do nonetheless.

I'd recommend you playing with and being social with the kitten when you get him/her. The reason being that that's how you end up with a sociable cat. Talk to it, ALOT. I know you'll feel crazy at first, but seriously - cats understand and do develop better social skills from the exercise.

I wouldn't recommend you get it de-clawed like some owners do. The reason being that if it does ever happen to get out, it won't have a means of survival or defense from other animals. I personally clip my cats nails myself. I just wrap them up in a towel and take a nail clipper to the tip of their nail. Don't cut too much at all, just a smidgen at the tip. That's all that really needs to be done, and a cat-scratching post can be your best friend. If you get one for it as a kitten it'll develop the habit of utilizing the scratching post rather than anything else.

Cats are *very* good at cleaning themselves, and if it's a indoor cat there is really never a need to give it a bath or wash it yourself. It's just torture for the cat, unless you end up with one of those cats that actually enjoys water - in which case, lucky you!

Ultimately, for a young professional cats are the way to go. They don't require much attention or care, they are still extremely loving and will sleep on your lap for hours if you let it, and will still be the best companion you could ever ask for. I do plan on getting a dog someday when I have a house with a fenced yard, but until then I'm perfectly content with my two lovely cats :)
Debate.org Deputy Vote Moderator
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
DDO Voting Guide: http://www.debate.org...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Need a judge on your debate? Nominate me! http://www.debate.org...
PetersSmith
Posts: 5,844
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/4/2016 7:18:05 PM
Posted: 7 months ago
Yeah, cats are the best.
Empress of DDO (also Poll and Forum "Maintenance" Moderator)

"The two most important days in your life is the day you were born, and the day you find out why."
~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet just because there's a picture with a quote next to it."
~Abraham Lincoln

Guide to the Polls Section: http://www.debate.org...
lamerde
Posts: 1,416
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/4/2016 7:58:31 PM
Posted: 7 months ago
Thank you, everyone, for your input.

At 5/4/2016 4:55:33 PM, Vaarka wrote:

Yah, I'd definitely want a puppy but I know they're a lot of work :(

At 5/4/2016 5:12:28 PM, Kirigaya-Kazuto wrote:

Dogs/Puppies are definitely the better companions. They love to go everywhere with you, cuddle you, and can be trained for numerous things. They can tell if their owner is about to have a diabetic/pancreatic attack, seizure etc. They protect your home.

You don't have to sell me on dogs, I love dogs <3

Cats/Kittens are the cuter, cocky pets. They only come over if they want to usually, they only stick around usually if you feed them. Of course these can be trained to be more loving but it's more time.

I feel like cats don't give a sh!t about their owners... they're so nonchalant. They're too much like me haha I need a pet that's going to adore the crap out of me.

At 5/4/2016 7:11:01 PM, Blade-of-Truth wrote:

I'd recommend you playing with and being social with the kitten when you get him/her. The reason being that that's how you end up with a sociable cat. Talk to it, ALOT. I know you'll feel crazy at first, but seriously - cats understand and do develop better social skills from the exercise.

This is good to know. Like I said above, I always think of cats as being super undisturbed... like, you could leave for a month and come home and your cat would be like *Kanye shrug*. I would definitely prefer a sociable, loving cat.

I wouldn't recommend you get it de-clawed like some owners do. The reason being that if it does ever happen to get out, it won't have a means of survival or defense from other animals. I personally clip my cats nails myself. I just wrap them up in a towel and take a nail clipper to the tip of their nail. Don't cut too much at all, just a smidgen at the tip. That's all that really needs to be done, and a cat-scratching post can be your best friend. If you get one for it as a kitten it'll develop the habit of utilizing the scratching post rather than anything else.

Yah declawing seems cruel :( Do you have hardwood floors? Do you know if cats (or dogs, for that matter) mess up hardwood floors?

Ultimately, for a young professional cats are the way to go. They don't require much attention or care, they are still extremely loving and will sleep on your lap for hours if you let it, and will still be the best companion you could ever ask for. I do plan on getting a dog someday when I have a house with a fenced yard, but until then I'm perfectly content with my two lovely cats :)

That's perfect. Do different cat breeds matter (like dog breeds) or can I just pick a cat based on how pretty it is?
Why I ignore YYW:
http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...
Calling someone a bitch multiple times while claiming you're taking the high road is an art form, I suppose: http://www.debate.org...
Raisor
Posts: 4,461
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/5/2016 12:30:14 AM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 5/4/2016 4:08:31 PM, lamerde wrote:
Maikuru and I are looking to get a cat this year. I've never had a pet (other than fish). I'd prefer a dog but I've heard cats are easier, especially for people who don't have a lot of time. Any advice?

My advice: get a dog.
Blade-of-Truth
Posts: 5,035
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/5/2016 1:38:22 AM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 5/5/2016 12:30:14 AM, Raisor wrote:
At 5/4/2016 4:08:31 PM, lamerde wrote:
Maikuru and I are looking to get a cat this year. I've never had a pet (other than fish). I'd prefer a dog but I've heard cats are easier, especially for people who don't have a lot of time. Any advice?

My advice: get a dog.

http://memesvault.com...
Debate.org Deputy Vote Moderator
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
DDO Voting Guide: http://www.debate.org...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Need a judge on your debate? Nominate me! http://www.debate.org...
cybertron1998
Posts: 5,818
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/5/2016 3:31:47 PM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 5/4/2016 7:11:01 PM, Blade-of-Truth wrote:
At 5/4/2016 4:08:31 PM, lamerde wrote:
Maikuru and I are looking to get a cat this year. I've never had a pet (other than fish). I'd prefer a dog but I've heard cats are easier, especially for people who don't have a lot of time. Any advice?

I've grown up with four dogs in my life, all of which we got as puppies and one of which has already passed on from old age... I've also raised two cats from near-birth, with one literally being born under my bed, lol. So I do have a good grasp on what to expect from both throughout the entire experience of having them as pets and companions.

Dogs are more sociable, they are more responsive, more obedient or receptive to commands, and because of this people tend to believe that dogs are smarter than cats. I can assure you that it ultimately comes down to the animal itself, I've seen smart dogs and dumb ones, smart cats and dumb ones. So to start, don't let receptiveness to commands define their intelligence for you. The two cats I have now are incredibly smart, but still sometimes stare at me when I "tell" them to come here (more on this later though).

Cats are more independent, so much so that most professionals don't even agree with the term "domesticated cat" because at the end of the day - they aren't really domesticated at all. With this said, they are MUCH easier to handle, and to train. With dogs, especially puppies, you need to potty-train them (house-break them), and this can be a very trying time for any new dog owner. With cats, they somehow inherently know to use a litter box, it's quite weird to be honest. You simply place them in the litter box as a kitten and they will automatically go, and from that point on (you might have to place them in it a few times the second you see them trying to potty elsewhere) they know to use that litter box. This also comes in handy if you *are* busy at this point in your life because you don't need to worry about coming home to "let them out" or "take them for a walk". As long as they have access to their litter box, you need not worry.

Food wise cats seem to have a good control. I prefer to get mine a dry-food mix that has Chicken or some other meat protein listed as the first ingredient, rather than corn meal which is the first ingredient listed on some lesser-quality products. It's just a health thing, and ultimately I'd recommend a raw meat diet if its affordable (for me it isn't affordable quite yet). They are fine with city water from the sink and my own personal motto is that if I wouldn't drink the water, then they aren't either.

Fleas and worms with cats are easily manageable too. I give them a 3-month flea treatment that is a liquid I put on the back of their neck (a place they can't reach with their own tongue while cleaning themselves) and they're good to go after a day or two of hating you for doing that to them, lol. Some cats will accompany you for walks around the neighborhood, but I keep mine solely indoor due to all the wild cats around my area.

Socially, cats are actually incredibly loving and dependent on the owner for attention. It's just that it's on their time, rather than yours. When they want loving though, they reward you with a pleasant purring and deep loving gaze. They are also capable of commands, but you have to pick up on it as an owner. For instance, the mother cat doesn't come when I call her name, but she does come when I whistle. Her son, on the other hand, does come when I call his name. So it's a unique set of commands for each one. They also understand common speech sound patterns, and can understand even the slightest distinction. For instance, when I say "you guys wanna eat" they instantly run to the food bowl, but when I say "you guys wanna treat" they run to the cabinet the treats are kept in. It's crazy that they know the distinction between "eat" and "treat" since they sound the same when pronounced, but they do nonetheless.

I'd recommend you playing with and being social with the kitten when you get him/her. The reason being that that's how you end up with a sociable cat. Talk to it, ALOT. I know you'll feel crazy at first, but seriously - cats understand and do develop better social skills from the exercise.

I wouldn't recommend you get it de-clawed like some owners do. The reason being that if it does ever happen to get out, it won't have a means of survival or defense from other animals. I personally clip my cats nails myself. I just wrap them up in a towel and take a nail clipper to the tip of their nail. Don't cut too much at all, just a smidgen at the tip. That's all that really needs to be done, and a cat-scratching post can be your best friend. If you get one for it as a kitten it'll develop the habit of utilizing the scratching post rather than anything else.

something to add to that is that declawing is INCREDIBLY inhumane and the process is quite painful for them

Cats are *very* good at cleaning themselves, and if it's a indoor cat there is really never a need to give it a bath or wash it yourself. It's just torture for the cat, unless you end up with one of those cats that actually enjoys water - in which case, lucky you!

Ultimately, for a young professional cats are the way to go. They don't require much attention or care, they are still extremely loving and will sleep on your lap for hours if you let it, and will still be the best companion you could ever ask for. I do plan on getting a dog someday when I have a house with a fenced yard, but until then I'm perfectly content with my two lovely cats :)
Epsilon: There are so many stories where some brave hero decides to give their life to save the day, and because of their sacrifice, the good guys win, the survivors all cheer, and everybody lives happily ever after. But the hero... never gets to see that ending. They'll never know if their sacrifice actually made a difference. They'll never know if the day was really saved. In the end, they just have to have faith.
Blade-of-Truth
Posts: 5,035
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/5/2016 8:16:45 PM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 5/5/2016 3:31:47 PM, cybertron1998 wrote:
At 5/4/2016 7:11:01 PM, Blade-of-Truth wrote:
At 5/4/2016 4:08:31 PM, lamerde wrote:
Maikuru and I are looking to get a cat this year. I've never had a pet (other than fish). I'd prefer a dog but I've heard cats are easier, especially for people who don't have a lot of time. Any advice?

I've grown up with four dogs in my life, all of which we got as puppies and one of which has already passed on from old age... I've also raised two cats from near-birth, with one literally being born under my bed, lol. So I do have a good grasp on what to expect from both throughout the entire experience of having them as pets and companions.

Dogs are more sociable, they are more responsive, more obedient or receptive to commands, and because of this people tend to believe that dogs are smarter than cats. I can assure you that it ultimately comes down to the animal itself, I've seen smart dogs and dumb ones, smart cats and dumb ones. So to start, don't let receptiveness to commands define their intelligence for you. The two cats I have now are incredibly smart, but still sometimes stare at me when I "tell" them to come here (more on this later though).

Cats are more independent, so much so that most professionals don't even agree with the term "domesticated cat" because at the end of the day - they aren't really domesticated at all. With this said, they are MUCH easier to handle, and to train. With dogs, especially puppies, you need to potty-train them (house-break them), and this can be a very trying time for any new dog owner. With cats, they somehow inherently know to use a litter box, it's quite weird to be honest. You simply place them in the litter box as a kitten and they will automatically go, and from that point on (you might have to place them in it a few times the second you see them trying to potty elsewhere) they know to use that litter box. This also comes in handy if you *are* busy at this point in your life because you don't need to worry about coming home to "let them out" or "take them for a walk". As long as they have access to their litter box, you need not worry.

Food wise cats seem to have a good control. I prefer to get mine a dry-food mix that has Chicken or some other meat protein listed as the first ingredient, rather than corn meal which is the first ingredient listed on some lesser-quality products. It's just a health thing, and ultimately I'd recommend a raw meat diet if its affordable (for me it isn't affordable quite yet). They are fine with city water from the sink and my own personal motto is that if I wouldn't drink the water, then they aren't either.

Fleas and worms with cats are easily manageable too. I give them a 3-month flea treatment that is a liquid I put on the back of their neck (a place they can't reach with their own tongue while cleaning themselves) and they're good to go after a day or two of hating you for doing that to them, lol. Some cats will accompany you for walks around the neighborhood, but I keep mine solely indoor due to all the wild cats around my area.

Socially, cats are actually incredibly loving and dependent on the owner for attention. It's just that it's on their time, rather than yours. When they want loving though, they reward you with a pleasant purring and deep loving gaze. They are also capable of commands, but you have to pick up on it as an owner. For instance, the mother cat doesn't come when I call her name, but she does come when I whistle. Her son, on the other hand, does come when I call his name. So it's a unique set of commands for each one. They also understand common speech sound patterns, and can understand even the slightest distinction. For instance, when I say "you guys wanna eat" they instantly run to the food bowl, but when I say "you guys wanna treat" they run to the cabinet the treats are kept in. It's crazy that they know the distinction between "eat" and "treat" since they sound the same when pronounced, but they do nonetheless.

I'd recommend you playing with and being social with the kitten when you get him/her. The reason being that that's how you end up with a sociable cat. Talk to it, ALOT. I know you'll feel crazy at first, but seriously - cats understand and do develop better social skills from the exercise.

I wouldn't recommend you get it de-clawed like some owners do. The reason being that if it does ever happen to get out, it won't have a means of survival or defense from other animals. I personally clip my cats nails myself. I just wrap them up in a towel and take a nail clipper to the tip of their nail. Don't cut too much at all, just a smidgen at the tip. That's all that really needs to be done, and a cat-scratching post can be your best friend. If you get one for it as a kitten it'll develop the habit of utilizing the scratching post rather than anything else.

something to add to that is that declawing is INCREDIBLY inhumane and the process is quite painful for them

Indeed!

Cats are *very* good at cleaning themselves, and if it's a indoor cat there is really never a need to give it a bath or wash it yourself. It's just torture for the cat, unless you end up with one of those cats that actually enjoys water - in which case, lucky you!

Ultimately, for a young professional cats are the way to go. They don't require much attention or care, they are still extremely loving and will sleep on your lap for hours if you let it, and will still be the best companion you could ever ask for. I do plan on getting a dog someday when I have a house with a fenced yard, but until then I'm perfectly content with my two lovely cats :)
Debate.org Deputy Vote Moderator
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
DDO Voting Guide: http://www.debate.org...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Need a judge on your debate? Nominate me! http://www.debate.org...
ballpit
Posts: 157
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/20/2016 5:44:18 PM
Posted: 6 months ago
Cats are evil creatures.
This user is an Angel and will answer any DDO-related questions to the best of their ability. PM for help, or post in the Welcome Thread.
Before you do anything:
http://www.debate.org......
Welcome Thread:
http://www.debate.org......
New Members Read Me:
http://www.debate.org......
Argument Bingo
http://imgur.com......
I avoid fights with gay people because even when you win you lose. - Wylted