Jump to topic:

I really need a name for this

Sam7411
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2016 1:10:35 AM
Posted: 7 months ago
This is my first day of my effort to keep up a little blog....

Right now I'm sitting in the car watching my little brother play soccer. Since I'm near sighted, I can only see the outlines of the players. The only reason I can see my sibling is the way he lumbers around the field. He's not really that athletic (He insists that he his). From what I see he's, surprisingly, a forward but has failed to make any real moves. The other team is definitely skilled and is crushing our team 4-1. It remains that way the rest of the game.

Afterwards we hop into the car to go to my Dad's workplace picnic. I sit as far away from my brother as possible to avoid his skin oozing with foul odor and sweat. My brother really needs to remember to bring his own deodorant.

Why are we going to a picnic? Well my Dad is attending his last month at the Senior Naval War College at Newport, and each term he is a member of a group project usually dealing with some sort of national security. His is called the "Gravely Group". I insist that it sounds like a secret philosophers guild from a fan fiction taking place in Britain during the 1890s, but my family calls me a geek.

Now don't know about you guys, but whenever there is a group event, like a banquet, potluck, or picnic, there is NEVER anyone my age. Never. They'll be some obnoxious middle schoolers, toddlers, than middle aged adults. There's no in between. Which means I end up eating three servings of pulled pork and some chips and guacamole while the "big people talk".

Any military child will identify with this next part. All the Moms do are talk about the family and drama, and who they met up after their next PC, or their body parts, no lie. And all the men talk about the military. Coming from a kid who enjoys history podcasts, the conversation is extremely boring. Half of what they say are ridiculous abbreviations, then the other half is about the drill sergeant they had back in training camp 25 years ago.

"Yeah back at the DEA headquarters Colonel Jackins, remember from back up AFRICOM: yeah he's taken a regimental A6 job down in Augusta."

The good thing is that I managed to smuggle a bucket of cookies that no one ate. My Mom caught me, not surprisingly, but I said this was to share with my classmates. Of course that was a exaggeration, I would bring them to school and just hide half of them in my backpack or something to eat later. And by the way, I desperately need those pounds. My Physical Therapist called me a stick and my parents say I remind them of an Auschwitz surviver with only underwear on....
(Which is completely false I am a well-toned individual)

Lessons I learned at the picnic today:

I forgot how much KFC's chicken tastes like rubber dragged across a middle school bathroom floor.
Don't pour out a bunch of BBQ sauce on your disgusting chicken before making sure it wasn't filled with bourbon apple sauce.
Guacamole is fking delicious but gives you nasty bodily functions if prepared correctly.
It's really awkward when someone asks what your son does and he's currently in rehab (that is not my family btw)
Kazakhstan is a pretty legit country

My Daily Poem:

My dog dropped a gigantic turd on a bush
Displayed for the world to see
Like a king on his throne surveying his court
The smelly a$$ poop laying on leaves

-Sam
PetersSmith
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2016 2:17:09 AM
At 5/8/2016 1:10:35 AM, Sam7411 wrote:

Right now I'm sitting in the car watching my little brother play soccer. Since I'm near sighted, I can only see the outlines of the players. The only reason I can see my sibling is the way he lumbers around the field. He's not really that athletic (He insists that he his). From what I see he's, surprisingly, a forward but has failed to make any real moves. The other team is definitely skilled and is crushing our team 4-1. It remains that way the rest of the game.

Afterwards we hop into the car to go to my Dad's workplace picnic. I sit as far away from my brother as possible to avoid his skin oozing with foul odor and sweat. My brother really needs to remember to bring his own deodorant.

Why are we going to a picnic? Well my Dad is attending his last month at the Senior Naval War College at Newport, and each term he is a member of a group project usually dealing with some sort of national security. His is called the "Gravely Group". I insist that it sounds like a secret philosophers guild from a fan fiction taking place in Britain during the 1890s, but my family calls me a geek.

Now don't know about you guys, but whenever there is a group event, like a banquet, potluck, or picnic, there is NEVER anyone my age. Never. They'll be some obnoxious middle schoolers, toddlers, than middle aged adults. There's no in between. Which means I end up eating three servings of pulled pork and some chips and guacamole while the "big people talk".

Any military child will identify with this next part. All the Moms do are talk about the family and drama, and who they met up after their next PC, or their body parts, no lie. And all the men talk about the military. Coming from a kid who enjoys history podcasts, the conversation is extremely boring. Half of what they say are ridiculous abbreviations, then the other half is about the drill sergeant they had back in training camp 25 years ago.

"Yeah back at the DEA headquarters Colonel Jackins, remember from back up AFRICOM: yeah he's taken a regimental A6 job down in Augusta."

The good thing is that I managed to smuggle a bucket of cookies that no one ate. My Mom caught me, not surprisingly, but I said this was to share with my classmates. Of course that was a exaggeration, I would bring them to school and just hide half of them in my backpack or something to eat later. And by the way, I desperately need those pounds. My Physical Therapist called me a stick and my parents say I remind them of an Auschwitz surviver with only underwear on....

I forgot how much KFC's chicken tastes like rubber dragged across a middle school bathroom floor.
Don't pour out a bunch of BBQ sauce on your disgusting chicken before making sure it wasn't filled with bourbon apple sauce.
Guacamole is fking delicious but gives you nasty bodily functions if prepared correctly.
It's really awkward when someone asks what your son does and he's currently in rehab (that is not my family btw)

My Daily Poem:

-Sam

I thought you meant you were making an actual blog.
Empress of DDO (also Poll and Forum "Maintenance" Moderator)

"The two most important days in your life is the day you were born, and the day you find out why."
~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet just because there's a picture with a quote next to it."
~Abraham Lincoln

Guide to the Polls Section: http://www.debate.org...
Sam7411
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2016 2:45:03 AM
At 5/8/2016 2:17:09 AM, PetersSmith wrote:

My Daily Poem:

-Sam

lol i was but it takes less effort to just post it here
PetersSmith
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2016 2:48:06 AM
At 5/8/2016 2:45:03 AM, Sam7411 wrote:

My Daily Poem:

-Sam

Well, this isn't really a place to "make a blog" and I don't think it even counts. If you want to make a blog you should put effort into it.

"The two most important days in your life is the day you were born, and the day you find out why."
~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet just because there's a picture with a quote next to it."
~Abraham Lincoln

Sam7411
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2016 2:49:51 AM
At 5/8/2016 2:48:06 AM, PetersSmith wrote:

My Daily Poem:

-Sam

Well, this isn't really a place to "make a blog" and I don't think it even counts. If you want to make a blog you should put effort into it.

I use the term loosely, this is more just a place to vent
Sam7411
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2016 2:51:02 AM
At 5/8/2016 2:49:51 AM, Sam7411 wrote:

My Daily Poem:

-Sam

If people actually cared, then maybe, but....
PetersSmith
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2016 2:53:32 AM
At 5/8/2016 2:51:02 AM, Sam7411 wrote:

My Daily Poem:

-Sam

People have some dumb blogs that people actually follow, but the difference here is that they have, you know, actual blogs. I was forced to make a blog for a class, where I specifically said it was for a class and all of it was school work, and people still followed it.

~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

~Abraham Lincoln

Sam7411
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2016 2:57:22 AM
At 5/8/2016 2:53:32 AM, PetersSmith wrote:
At 5/8/2016 2:51:02 AM, Sam7411 wrote:

My Daily Poem:

-Sam

People have some dumb blogs that people actually follow, but the difference here is that they have, you know, actual blogs. I was forced to make a blog for a class, where I specifically said it was for a class and all of it was school work, and people still followed it.

Ehh...at least on this forum I might get actual feedback before I invest